ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life New Dating Megathread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270679)

Buck 03-26-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9531801)
Did you kiss her?

Yes, now let me hear why a pimp like you wouldn't have done that.

Titty Meat 03-26-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9531804)
Yes, now let me hear why a pimp like you wouldn't have done that.

You being so defensive tells me you aren't comfortable with your own decisions this could be why you ask strangers for online dating advice or get all emo when one dumps you. Anyway I was going to suggest you make a move soon so you don't get put in the friend zone.

No need to get all uppity with me Bucky i'm not your enemy.

Discuss Thrower 03-26-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9531815)
You being so defensive tells me you aren't comfortable with your own decisions this could be why you ask strangers for online dating advice or get all emo when one dumps you. Anyway I was going to suggest you make a move soon so you don't get put in the friend zone.

The friend zone isn't determined by whether or not you make a physical amount of time though...

Buck 03-26-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9531815)

God damn I was just joking bro.

Titty Meat 03-26-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9531849)
God damn I was just joking bro.

My bad.

Seriously though I'm proud of you Buck you've made some changes you should be applauded.

Titty Meat 03-26-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9531835)
The friend zone isn't determined by whether or not you make a physical amount of time though...

You think so? I tend to lose interest pretty quick if things don't get physical. Plus that tends to indicate the level of interest IMO.

Discuss Thrower 03-26-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9531858)
You think so? I tend to lose interest pretty quick if things don't get physical. Plus that tends to indicate the level of interest IMO.

Women are no different then men. It's go or no-go from the start. The decision to bang is made within seconds of first meeting.

lewdog 03-26-2013 09:12 PM

IMO, while you had sex early, you did the right thing by not hooking up the second date. You obviously have missed the friend zone and it is very clear she has been thinking about you when you aren't with her. I think it is pretty smooth sailing from here as she is showing very good signs and you have also shown you are interested and have missed the friend zone.

Congrats, Buck.

Buck 03-26-2013 09:17 PM

Yeah, I had been a little worried prior to last night, but I'm 100% sure what it is now. It's all good.

luv 03-26-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9531873)
Women are no different then men. It's go or no-go from the start. The decision to bang is made within seconds of first meeting.

Well, I'm ****ed, and not in the good way.

Ecto-I 03-26-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9531873)

Meh...I kind of disagree. Men care about looks far more than anything else, hence the decision is fast. Plus, we just like to bone more than women.

An less attractive guy with a charming personality can actually get a pretty attractive girl just by being charming over a little time.

Dave Lane 03-27-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecto-I (Post 9532225)
Meh...I kind of disagree. Men care about looks far more than anything else, hence the decision is fast. Plus, we just like to bone more than women.

An less attractive guy with a charming personality can actually get a pretty attractive girl just by being charming over a little time.

Yeah sorry there sparky, you are obviously quite young. In my 20s and 30s I believed such things. All of this is false, women are attracted to status real or perceived. And on the sex side women like to bone more than men.

They are just smart enough not to show it.

Buck 03-27-2013 06:03 AM

Ecto, are you the guy who drives that car around in San Diego? I've seen it in La Mesa a few times.

luv 03-27-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9532347)
Yeah sorry there sparky, you are obviously quite young. In my 20s and 30s I believed such things. All of this is false, women are attracted to status real or perceived. And on the sex side women like to bone more than men.

Yes, we like to bone, but not all of us are attracted to status. Looks like you still have a few things to learn, sparky.

Buck 03-27-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9531785)
I'm currently smitten over a guy I've gone out with a couple of times. However, he's unsure about dating. He hasn't been divorced that long, he has his kids half the time, he works a couple of part time jobs while he finishes school (like me, he went back later in life). I have no clue how he feels about me. He's so busy, and he's rediscovering himself and readjusting his priorities. I try not to read much into him not having time to see me, but, at the same time, I wish he was ready to make a little more time. I don't want to push it though.

Luv, where did you meet this guy?

luv 03-27-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9532468)
Luv, where did you meet this guy?

OKCupid.

Buck 03-27-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9532490)
OKCupid.

Ok...don't you think that since he's gone out with you multiple times that he's definitely interested? I don't see why anyone would go on a second date with someone they weren't I terested in...

Rausch 03-27-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9532499)
I don't see why anyone would go on a second date with someone they weren't I terested in...

I did and ended up married...

luv 03-27-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9532499)
Ok...don't you think that since he's gone out with you multiple times that he's definitely interested? I don't see why anyone would go on a second date with someone they weren't I terested in...

I just have that feeling. It's never been wrong. He may be interested, but I think it's more in being friends.

It's all good. You can never have too many friends, right? :rolleyes:

Skyy God 03-27-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9531774)
Move her in and get rid of her cat

Word.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-27-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 9532505)
Word.

SB chick still working out for you?

Frosty 03-27-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9532504)
I just have that feeling. It's never been wrong. He may be interested, but I think it's more in being friends.

It's all good. You can never have too many friends, right? :rolleyes:

Not to be Debbie Downer or anything, but if he is recently divorced, he probably isn't interested in falling right back into a relationship. He probably wants to play the field for a while.

At least I would if I were in that situation. o:-)

Discuss Thrower 03-27-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Good to know I'm going to be ****ed (and not in the good way) until I become a multimillionaire.

Goddamnit Dave Lane you stargazing son of a bitch, my day was going fine after seeing this coed in yoga pants with an ASS YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE.

With this little gem of wisdom, you've brought me into the mindset that while I can look at all the cars on a Bentley lot, I will never be able to afford one.

Welp. Sounds like I'll powerhour myself into a drunken stupor tonight.

ghak99 03-27-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9532501)
I did and ended up married...

ROFL

Buck 03-27-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9532588)
Good to know I'm going to be ****ed (and not in the good way) until I become a multimillionaire.

Goddamnit Dave Lane you stargazing son of a bitch, my day was going fine after seeing this coed in yoga pants with an ASS YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE.

With this little gem of wisdom, you've brought me into the mindset that while I can look at all the cars on a Bentley lot, I will never be able to afford one.

Welp. Sounds like I'll powerhour myself into a drunken stupor tonight.

Wtf is wrong with you?

Valiant 03-27-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecto-I (Post 9531744)
Ok...gonna throw this out there.

In my 29 years of life I've either been the guy that casually dates a lot of girls, but when I get into a relationship, its VERY fast. Like my last GF and I spent every day together after our first date.

So now, I've been dating a girl for about 3.5 weeks. We see each other like once or sometimes twice per week. We had sex for the first time last week. Now I really like this chick so I'm thinking "Yay! Ecto will get to see her like a lot more than once or twice per week!"

Au Contraire. She's still a bit aloof and confining me to the 1-2 hangouts per. So here's my question....

What is normal dating frequency for a 3.5 week relationship and for how long? I'm obviously used to very fast relationships which may not be normal or healthy which is why this feels soooo slow for me!

That seems normal for a chick that knows what she wants.. If you want to surprise her and she gets defensive, then shes banging some other dude at the same time.. But more then likely she is moving it slow.. If you would of knocked her socks off, then she would of increased it.. ;D

Valiant 03-27-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9531785)
I'm currently smitten over a guy I've gone out with a couple of times. However, he's unsure about dating. He hasn't been divorced that long, he has his kids half the time, he works a couple of part time jobs while he finishes school (like me, he went back later in life). I have no clue how he feels about me. He's so busy, and he's rediscovering himself and readjusting his priorities. I try not to read much into him not having time to see me, but, at the same time, I wish he was ready to make a little more time. I don't want to push it though.

I am sorry Luv, but if he likes you, he would let you know at this point. Seems to me if what you have said is all true, you are a convenience date.. Ask him on a date for the weekend or a weekday a few days in advance and see what happens. You fail 100% the time if you do not try.

ThaVirus 03-27-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9533703)
But more then likely she is moving it slow.. If you would of knocked her socks off, then she would of increased it.. ;D

Heh, there's probably some truth to this.

But I'm not sure, honestly. I've known people in relationships that seem to spend every waking moment together. I've never been in one of those relationships. I like my own space.

Ecto-I 03-27-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9533703)
That seems normal for a chick that knows what she wants.. If you want to surprise her and she gets defensive, then shes banging some other dude at the same time.. But more then likely she is moving it slow.. If you would of knocked her socks off, then she would of increased it.. ;D

Ha...this is definitely TMI, but on the orgasm ratio, it was like 3 to 1 me to her...(or more accurately, 6:2 ;) )

ThaVirus 03-27-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecto-I (Post 9533765)
Ha...this is definitely TMI, but on the orgasm ratio, it was like 3 to 1 me to her...(or more accurately, 6:2 ;) )

Took three tries to get her the big O?

Ya gotta work on your stamina, breh!

Ecto-I 03-27-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

You're right that women are attracted to status...ANY kind of status. If you act like a leader, thats status. If you have a lot of friends, that's status. Not necessarily monetary status.

BUT, there are far more attraction triggers than status...personality, sense of humor, good looks, long schlong, success in anything etc.

ThaVirus 03-27-2013 04:47 PM

Jk, of course. It's usually pretty tough to get a chick to "finish" the first time around. You have no idea what the **** they like so you're at a pretty legitimate disadvantage.

Ecto-I 03-27-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9533772)
Took three tries to get her the big O?

Ya gotta work on your stamina, breh!

Either that or my technique!:banghead:

ThaVirus 03-27-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecto-I (Post 9533777)
Either that or my technique!:banghead:

I applaud you for being able to go 3 rounds in the first place. After I get mine I'm usually about ready to pass out LMAO

That's why I gotta get it right the first time.

Ecto-I 03-27-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9532412)
Ecto, are you the guy who drives that car around in San Diego? I've seen it in La Mesa a few times.

I WISH. I just like the movie. I pick up chicks my showing them my hawt '05 Toyota Corolla and they just my bones immediately.

keg in kc 03-27-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecto-I (Post 9533774)
You're right that women are attracted to status...ANY kind of status. If you act like a leader, thats status. If you have a lot of friends, that's status. Not necessarily monetary status.

BUT, there are far more attraction triggers than status...personality, sense of humor, good looks, long schlong, success in anything etc.

Many of those "attraction triggers", however, require you to be close enough to them for those attributes to be notable. And it requires status, real or perceived, to get there.

Like, being a nice guy with a great sense of humor and an anaconda wrapped around your waist doesn't matter if you're socially awkward/inept or if you aren't able to project confidence.

ThaVirus 03-27-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

I think its tough to say. All women are different, but unlike men, they seem to have a wider range of things they look for in a guy. In general, I feel like most dudes just want the hottest chick they can get. Of course that's a huge generalization and no one wants to be locked down with a super hot idiot for the rest of their life (or do they??), but I think most would agree that physical attraction is probably the most important thing for men.

Women, on the other hand, like nice things and security. That's why the guys with the good job, nice cars, and nice clothes can bag chicks most would consider "out of their league". But women also look for physical attraction. I know waayyyyyy too many bums (jobless, carless) that are considered studs who get loads of pussy just because girls think they look good.

Buck 03-27-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9533775)
Jk, of course. It's usually pretty tough to get a chick to "finish" the first time around. You have no idea what the **** they like so you're at a pretty legitimate disadvantage.

Getting back to the Jar game that I played the other night with her, one of the questions is "What is your favorite position?"

My answer was Cowgirl because of the amazing view and how great it feels.

Her answer was Missionary because it's the easiest for her to cum. Her words exactly :)

At least I know right away.

Buck 03-27-2013 05:46 PM

I am horrible on the phone and with texts. Very short, give a lot of one word answers.

When she texts me, it makes me feel amazing, and I wanted to do that with her, so I thought long and hard and sent a text that I thought she would like.

She replied that I was sweet. 10 minutes later she replied that she wanted to see me on Friday.

I guess it worked.

The Franchise 03-27-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9533908)
I am horrible on the phone and with texts. Very short, give a lot of one word answers.

When she texts me, it makes me feel amazing, and I wanted to do that with her, so I thought long and hard and sent a text that I thought she would like.

She replied that I was sweet. 10 minutes later she replied that she wanted to see me on Friday.

I guess it worked.

When should I expect to receive a wedding invitation?

Oh....and FTR.....I better ****ing get one when it actually goes down.

Discuss Thrower 03-27-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9533781)
Many of those "attraction triggers", however, require you to be close enough to them for those attributes to be notable. And it requires status, real or perceived, to get there.

Like, being a nice guy with a great sense of humor and an anaconda wrapped around your waist doesn't matter if you're socially awkward/inept or if you aren't able to project confidence.

Fuggit, I'm out. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Discuss Thrower 03-27-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9533179)
Wtf is wrong with you?

Gallows humor mixed with self deprecation? It's been a rough 2013 so far and this is does NOT apply to relations with lady friends.

Buck 03-27-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9533920)
When should I expect to receive a wedding invitation?

Oh....and FTR.....I better ****ing get one when it actually goes down.

At this rate we're looking at May.

lol

Edit: but seriously, I'm a little excited because every girl I've ever gone after before has had serious issues, and that was because I had serious issues. Now that my issues are gone, I'm finding that perfectly nice girls have been flirting with me and pursuing me...i'm just not used to it.

Losing weight helps a lot...

Buck 03-27-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9533936)
Gallows humor mixed with self deprecation? It's been a rough 2013 so far and this is does NOT apply to relations with lady friends.

Sorry things aren't going your way, it just seems like you're being a little too hard on yourself.

Discuss Thrower 03-27-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9533975)
Sorry things aren't going your way, it just seems like you're being a little too hard on yourself.

Maybe, but if I'm not hard on myself then who will be?

Lumpy 03-27-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9532463)
Yes, we like to bone, but not all of us are attracted to status. Looks like you still have a few things to learn, sparky.

I agree with Luv on this. Most, but NOT all, women are attracted to status, (and security for that matter). Whereas, the rest of us simply prefer men with an outgoing personality and a great sense of humor.

As far us liking to get boned... no comment. :D

Seriously though, I would say that the majority of women enjoy sex and crave it as much as men. Some of us do have that going for us... which is nice.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-27-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9533908)

I guess it worked.

Careful

Buck 03-27-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9534280)
Careful

With what?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-27-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9534283)
With what?

With bitches

Ecto-I 03-28-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9533936)

Jesus man get it together! 2013 is only 4 months old so make 2013 the best year of your life. You're not good with girls? Then GET good with girls. There are resources out there. If you want it bad enough, you will put yourself through the discomfort of approaching women, getting rejected, etc to learn how to meet someone.

Common man!

Bosie 03-28-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9533961)
At this rate we're looking at May.

lol

Edit: but seriously, I'm a little excited because every girl I've ever gone after before has had serious issues, and that was because I had serious issues. Now that my issues are gone, I'm finding that perfectly nice girls have been flirting with me and pursuing me...i'm just not used to it.

Losing weight helps a lot...

good for you dude. Yeah losing weight makes a world of a difference. I've been trying to lose weight for awhile and its really improved my confidence.

Buck 03-29-2013 06:23 AM

Third date tonight. Not sure what we're doing yet. Gonna play this one by ear. Assuming since she's not coming over til 8:30 or 9 that its gonna be a bar night...I think if I tried dinner and a movie I'd just fall asleep.

Chiefs=Champions 03-29-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9537652)
Third date tonight. Not sure what we're doing yet. Gonna play this one by ear. Assuming since she's not coming over til 8:30 or 9 that its gonna be a bar night...I think if I tried dinner and a movie I'd just fall asleep.

This is an enjoyable thread thanks to you. Good luck dude

Buck 03-29-2013 06:33 AM

I try my best. Soon I'll be live streaming my coital activities.

Spott 03-29-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9533788)
I think its tough to say. All women are different, but unlike men, they seem to have a wider range of things they look for in a guy. In general, I feel like most dudes just want the hottest chick they can get. Of course that's a huge generalization and no one wants to be locked down with a super hot idiot for the rest of their life (or do they??), but I think most would agree that physical attraction is probably the most important thing for men.

Women, on the other hand, like nice things and security. That's why the guys with the good job, nice cars, and nice clothes can bag chicks most would consider "out of their league". But women also look for physical attraction. I know waayyyyyy too many bums (jobless, carless) that are considered studs who get loads of pussy just because girls think they look good.

Women actually love those types of guys. Dudes like this always have girlfriends even though they live their lives broke, working odd jobs, and can't drive because they can't afford a car or get their licenses taken away for DUI's, etc. The women that pursue those dudes are usually the same ones that complain later on that they can never find a "good guy" because now they are thirty something, broke, and raising kids by themselves with no child support.

luv 03-29-2013 07:45 AM

I love reading through this thread. You bastards really have us bitches figured out. LMAO

Sofa King 03-29-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9537723)
I love reading through this thread. You bastards really have us bitches figured out. LMAO

Shutup and make me a sandwich.

And get me a mountain dew.

ThaVirus 03-29-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9537666)
Women actually love those types of guys. Dudes like this always have girlfriends even though they live their lives broke, working odd jobs, and can't drive because they can't afford a car or get their licenses taken away for DUI's, etc. The women that pursue those dudes are usually the same ones that complain later on that they can never find a "good guy" because now they are thirty something, broke, and raising kids by themselves with no child support.

That's funny you say that about DUIs. Two of my best friends have DUIs as of recently. Actually, one of them has TWO DUIs that he got within a month of each other LMAO ****ing idiot.

Anyway, both of these guys have spent a lot of their adult lives jobless. The one with the two DUIs would get his grandma to drop him off at my house so we could go to the club ROFL She'd come back the next morning and pick him up! But I swear to God, I've NEVER seen someone with so much pull. Handfuls of random, fine ass girls at the club or bar would swoon when he talked to them. It was a rarity to see that guy get turned down for a dance or phone number..

Anyway, he'd always tell me that girls wouldn't care when he told them he had DUIs, no license, no car, and no job. He had green (or blue) eyes or some shit; I don't know, I never pay attention. You could consider him a pretty boy and I guess that's what matters to a lot of girls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9537723)

We probably sound pretty bitter, I bet. I feel like women talk this way about men though. Its just natural.

Dave Lane 03-29-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9532463)

It's funny, women are absolutely the worst at understanding attraction in themselves. It's like a giant blind spot. Maybe because they attribute it to "feelings" and not logic.

Once you understand the science of attraction its easy to create in a woman. Not every woman reacts the same way to every situation but at a deep core level women are very easy to understand and manipulate if desired.

All the mentioned items can be critical, looks, humor, confidence, status (real or imagined) and a host of others. But strictly having these will not ensure attraction.

Buck is a lost soul, this girl already has him totally wrapped around her finger and frankly his expectations are going to be impossible to live up to. The crash and burn has all the makings of being epic.

luv 03-29-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9537872)

We probably sound pretty bitter, I bet. I feel like women talk this way about men though. Its just natural.

We talk about how men are gold diggers, insecure, and only want us for our status. Sure.

luv 03-29-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9537902)
It's funny, women are absolutely the worst at understanding attraction in themselves. It's like a giant blind spot. Maybe because they attribute it to "feelings" and not logic.

Once you understand the science of attraction its easy to create in a woman. Not every woman reacts the same way to every situation but at a deep core level women are very easy to understand and manipulate if desired.

All the mentioned items can be critical, looks, humor, confidence, status (real or imagined) and a host of others. But strictly having these will not ensure attraction.

Buck is a lost soul, this girl already has him totally wrapped around her finger and frankly his expectations are going to be impossible to live up to. The crash and burn has all the makings of being epic.

Men are visually stimulated, women are not. Women want men who meet their needs. Guys are shallow enough to mistake that for being something strictly financial. Women want to feel special, wanted, appreciated, and accepted. That's our core. I'm not saying attraction isn't important. I'm just saying that maybe, when you see a "hot" chick with an "ugly" guy, it may not be because he has money. He's simply meeting her needs. Just like everything, there are always exceptions to those rules.

Dave Lane 03-29-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9537921)
Men are visually stimulated, women are not. Women want men who meet their needs. Guys are shallow enough to mistake that for being something strictly financial. Women want to feel special, wanted, appreciated, and accepted. That's our core. I'm not saying attraction isn't important. I'm just saying that maybe, when you see a "hot" chick with an "ugly" guy, it's not because he has money. He's simply meeting her needs.

Thanks for proving my post for me. And never once have I mentioned money, that would be you.

luv 03-29-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9537923)
Thanks for proving my post for me. And never once have I mentioned money, that would be you.

That would be NEARLY every guy in this thread. OR maybe another site I'm on. I apologize for quoting your post, but answering to the general conversation.

You're right. Women have no clue what they're attracted to. Better?

ThaVirus 03-29-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9537906)
We talk about how men are gold diggers, insecure, and only want us for our status. Sure.

If this thread is striking a nerve, maybe its time you step out and take a breather.

luv 03-29-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9537935)
If this thread is striking a nerve, maybe its time you step out and take a breather.

Huh?

Dave Lane 03-29-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9537933)
That would be NEARLY every guy in this thread. OR maybe another site I'm on. I apologize for quoting your post, but answering to the general conversation.

You're right. Women have no clue what they're attracted to. Better?

Yes much. Thank you for your frank admission.

luv 03-29-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9537945)
Yes much. Thank you for your frank admission.

So tell me more about myself.

The Franchise 03-29-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9537902)

Did I miss something where he talked about how he's been buying her all of this stuff? The dude likes a girl and is eager to talk to her. That doesn't mean that she has him wrapped around her finger and it's going to crash and burn.

Trying to tell us something about your love life?

Discuss Thrower 03-29-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecto-I (Post 9534807)
Jesus man get it together! 2013 is only 4 months old so make 2013 the best year of your life. You're not good with girls? Then GET good with girls. There are resources out there. If you want it bad enough, you will put yourself through the discomfort of approaching women, getting rejected, etc to learn how to meet someone.

Common man!

No, bad year on career life plan. You feel really dumb when you double down on a college degree that's not STEM or IS/IT related and you're forced to quickly realize you'll never get a job that pays because 1) it's a terrible job market 2)you've made too many mistakes and won't have enough people to go to bat for you on recommendations.

In short- I ****ed up MAJORLY and now I'm worried about how I'll support myself beyond earning minimum wage.

Dave Lane 03-29-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9537951)
Did I miss something where he talked about how he's been buying her all of this stuff? The dude likes a girl and is eager to talk to her. That doesn't mean that she has him wrapped around her finger and it's going to crash and burn.

Trying to tell us something about your love life?

If you don't see the level of expectation he has you are blind. I predict an epic crash and burn.

Dave Lane 03-29-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9537947)
So tell me more about myself.

What would you like to know?

Buck 03-29-2013 11:13 AM

Yeah I'm excited, but this is the only place I'm talking about it. I don't want to talk about it with my friends.

I guess I'll cut it out since you're sure its going to end in and epic crash and burn.

KCGal 03-29-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9537960)
No, bad year on career life plan. You feel really dumb when you double down on a college degree that's not STEM or IS/IT related and you're forced to quickly realize you'll never get a job that pays because 1) it's a terrible job market 2)you've made too many mistakes and won't have enough people to go to bat for you on recommendations.

In short- I ****ed up MAJORLY and now I'm worried about how I'll support myself beyond earning minimum wage.

Dude life is long. So what if you didnt pick the perfect major first. you have plenty of time to get a new plan and go after it. This is probably why you aren't having luck with women. You feel unconfident about your future. A said by others, men are attracted to looks and women are attracted to security (not necessarily financial). Just my thoughts.

The Franchise 03-29-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9537960)

A lot of people do it.

Shit.....I'm paying off a shit ton of student loans for a BS in Web Design.....and I still haven't done shit that uses my degree.

KCGal 03-29-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9537989)
Yeah I'm excited, but this is the only place I'm talking about it. I don't want to talk about it with my friends.

I guess I'll cut it out since you're sure its going to end in and epic crash and burn.

Noooooooooo! Please don't let this thread be only bitter men! Your excitement is refreshing!!!!

Dave Lane 03-29-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9537989)

Talk about it all you want it will make it much more normal. Have zero expectations. I try to never have any. It's damned hard to do especially if it's been awhile since you have dated. Its the right place to start. Just enjoy the moment and learning about another persons life and humorous aspects of it. Its fun to hear other peoples life stories and foibles. Leave it at that for now.

And yes I know you are going to answer "I have no expectations". Be honest with yourself.

Dave Lane 03-29-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCGal (Post 9538005)
Noooooooooo! Please don't let this thread be only bitter men! Your excitement is refreshing!!!!

I'm not bitter at all I love women, and they tend to love me. Dating and sharing with women is the greatest thing in the world.

I love being silly and goofy with women and they apparently love it as well. I wouldn't trade my experiences with women for all the money in the world. Women rock, they do have a blind spot or two and a lot of false beliefs but so do most immature men.

Buck 03-29-2013 11:31 AM

I don't know what you mean by expectations. Every relationship I've ever had has ended, that's about the only expectation that I have when I think of relationships. Its going awesome right now, and I've never been the persuee, always the persuer..its something new to me. Go piss in someone else's Wheaties.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-29-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9538021)
Go piss in someone else's Wheaties.

Ugh carbs

KCGal 03-29-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9538016)
I'm not bitter at all .

Um, who writes your posts then?