ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs La Canfora-Peters trade was mandated by Clark Hunt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314137)

Eleazar 02-27-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13441688)
The defense can't get much worse, really. I don't think there's any reason to think the Chiefs take a big step back because of the changes on the defensive side. I think offense is where the risk of back sliding is highest in this first year for PM.

#28 in total defense, #29 in passing yards, #25 in rushing yards... how much worse is it going to get?

Does it matter if you go from #28 to #32?

Either way, your team isn't going anywhere until you get a defense built from the ground up.

Chiefnj2 02-27-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441708)
It's about as stupid as saying a poster on the forum has better sources to the situation than an NFL network employee.

Better than every single nfl reporter.

Mecca 02-27-2018 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13441711)
#28 in total defense, #29 in passing yards, #25 in rushing yards... how much worse is it going to get?

Either way, your team isn't going anywhere until you get a defense built from the ground up.

Take away all of Peters turnover plays and tell me how many wins that takes away.

DaFace 02-27-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

2003 says hi.

Sassy Squatch 02-27-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

It's about as stupid as saying a poster on the forum has better sources to the situation than an NFL network employee.

Well, when the player himself corroborated key parts of the story that weren't public knowledge, it makes you lean back and think, "hmm, maybe that poster DOES know something after all."

Marcellus 02-27-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

So you think Clark makes this decision in a vacuum? Do you believe he didn't discuss this with Veach and Reid as well? Seriously?

This has already been covered by the way, Clark wasn't in favor of giving him a 2nd contract that's what started this and guess what, MOST people agree not to give him a 2nd contract. What does that tell you?

I don't think this is what happened but frankly if Hunt couldn't stand the guy, its his prerogative to get rid of him. He owns the team, deal with it.

Hilarious watching you get on your soap box and preach your SJW nonsense.

staylor26 02-27-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13441701)
People have gone completely stupid, I mean completely stupid.

Every time I think we have a fairly smart football fan base we get threads like these.

The same people saying this was all Clark Hunt's decision are the exact same people who said Clark would never allow KC to draft a QB in the 1st round.

Then we gave up 2 1st round picks to draft one and the nonsense still continues.

QFT

tmax63 02-27-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

This. They can blow this defense completely up and start 11 new players and odds are they wouldn't do any worse. The fact they have 5 players who are legitimate starters means they're almost half way to having a good defense. Moving malcontents and sub-par performers are how you improve.

patteeu 02-27-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441716)
Take away all of Peters turnover plays and tell me how many wins that takes away.

Are all the games like the one Peters was suspended from?

Jimkcchief88 02-27-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441639)
Considering I'm nearing 40 and I've yet to see this team play for anything important, I think win at all costs pretty much sums up where I'm at.

I’m almost 50 and I break out my Chiefs Joe Montana for every big game. I barely remember the last big Chief playoffs games in my early 20’s. Win at all costs is where we are at, but that’s not where the Chiefs organization is. This trade proves it. Jeff Chadia said yesterday on 810 that if the Chiefs are in the business of trading a Marcus Peters then they aren’t in the business of winning Chanpionships. We all know that since they haven’t won a Super Bowl in almost 50 years. Nick Wright was visibly upset this morning over this trade this morning on his show “First things First.” I didn’t realize he is from KC and if you check his Twitter it looks like he’s married to a sister. He went so far as to question his Chiefs fandom as some us here are doing. I take a lot of crap here in Chicago for being a non-Bears fan. A hell of a lot. Now I’m questioning whether it’s worth the $$$ i spend paying overpriced direct tv for out of market games and the crap I have to hear whenever I go out of my house in Chiefs gear. All to fund and organization and owner who wants their black players to stand when told to and shut up and play without an opinion. Last time I checked football players are also college educated young people so those type of folks generally have some type of opinion. My parents certainly did when they march in the civil rights movement down in the Jim-Crow south when they were in college in the 60’s. But it’s all right if your white like Travis Kelce. Matter fact you get an extension and a raise. Maybe MP thought he could get away just like Kelce in our colorblind, post racial society. Well he found out he was wrong and got traded for a bag of chips. It’s a clear double standard and if you can’t see that your blind baby, blind to the fact. I’m sure I’ll be banned by the mods again for this post so Chief out

bricks 02-27-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Yeah but then it could also be said; take away Alex Smith who was great at preventing turnovers and tell me how many wins that takes away?

They lost two of their better players that contributed to a better turnover margin. Whatever. This team is somewhat in a rebuilding phase now anyway.

Dartgod 02-27-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13441689)
That document was all over FB and the internet with EVERY owners name on it.

Yep, probably a form letter mandated by the NFL. :rolleyes:

https://us-east-1.tchyn.io/snopes-pr...eech.jpg?w=477

suzzer99 02-27-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13441496)
This has nothing to do with the conversation at hand

This has everything to do with the conversation at hand. People were grumbling about players sitting and kneeling. But this shit didn't really blow up until Trump decided to turn it into a wedge issue with his base. I know at least a dozen people who swore off watching the NFL *after* that speech. One literally burned $100s worth of NFL gear and posted the video on FB.

FWIW - I am on record on this forum saying no way do you pay Peters a big contract. I'd be fine with trading him for fair value. But this trade is horseshit for two cheap years out of one of the best cover corners in the NFL. If guys like Houston, Jones and Berry can't contain one locker room malcontent for a couple years, then we have much bigger problems in that locker room that ejecting Peters isn't going to solve.

I firmly believe a big chunk of Clark forcing this trade is because of this NFL kneeling scandal - which Trump helped blow up just when it was starting to fall off the radar.

carcosa 02-27-2018 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldandslow (Post 13441513)
Horse hockey

Language!!!!

FloridaMan88 02-27-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13441634)
I'm not disagreeing with that at all,I'm disagreeing with this win at any cost mentality and Randy Moss is a fine example that just because a player is great doesn't mean shit if he is all about being a me first cancer to the organization as a whole.

What about the recent Jay Ajayi example in Philadelphia?

Miami gave up on Ajayi and traded him for similar reasons that the Chiefs are giving up on Marcus Peters... he was supposedly a locker room cancer, etc.

Ajayi goes on to be a key part of the Eagles Super Bowl run while the Dolphins were sitting at home watching.

The Franchise 02-27-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13441888)

Miami gave up on Ajayi and traded him for similar reasons that the Chiefs are giving up on Marcus Peters... he was supposedly a locker room cancer, etc.

Ajayi goes on to be a key part of the Eagles Super Bowl run while the Dolphins were sitting at home watching.

Quote:

But Ajayi was a curious case because he had a period before the season-opener last season during which the Dolphins were really frustrated with him. It’s the reason he was left home when the team flew to Seattle for the 2016 season opener.

Ajayi seemingly addressed his attitude after that. And he reaped the benefits. He earned the starting job and became the team’s most effective offensive weapon. That continued through the offseason.

But in the last four weeks or so, the Dolphins saw pre-Seattle Jay Ajayi again.

He complained bitterly about not getting the football. He stormed out of the locker room -- get this, after wins -- because he hadn’t gotten what he deemed to be enough carries. And, oh yes, he didn’t exactly light it up on the field.

And here’s the thing: All this was done undercover. Ajayi complained to his position coach. And he carried around an attitude around other teammates. But he never took his concerns to the only voice that matters and that’s Gase.

cron912 02-27-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13441706)
When did he take a swing at a coach?

There is a rumor that Peters got into an altercation with Toub after the Jets game, though what I've seen just says an 'altercation', not specifically that he took a swing at Toub. That may be what BossChief is referring to.

Bewbies 02-27-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13441888)

This reads like Ajayi would have led Miami to the Super Bowl instead they got rid of him and Philly went because of him instead.

Maybe the change of scenery was good for the guy? Maybe he was annoying as hell in Philly too? Maybe winning was better for him than losing was? Maybe he hated living near a topless beach and preferred ice cold winters.

FloridaMan88 02-27-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13441914)
This reads like Ajayi would have led Miami to the Super Bowl instead they got rid of him and Philly went because of him instead.

Maybe the change of scenery was good for the guy? Maybe he was annoying as hell in Philly too? Maybe winning was better for him than losing was? Maybe he hated living near a topless beach and preferred ice cold winters.

Or maybe a better coaching staff/team culture made it work with a high maintenance player.

The Dolphins are a loser culture much like Clark's franchise.

Messier 02-27-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13441916)
Or maybe a better coaching staff/team culture made it work with a high maintenance player.

How are the Chiefs a loser culture?

The Franchise 02-27-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Then why do you still follow them?

Sassy Squatch 02-27-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

So why weren't these teams with "winning cultures" interested in trading for a 25 year old All Pro CB and making it work?

FloridaMan88 02-27-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 13441923)

1 playoff win in 20+ years.

Zero Super Bowl appearances in 40+ years.

FloridaMan88 02-27-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13441928)
Then why do you still follow them?

To annoy dumbshit True Fans such as yourself.

Mecca 02-27-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Does that really need to even be asked?

FloridaMan88 02-27-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13441932)
Does that really need to even be asked?

True Fans look at the Chiefs culture that has produced 1 playoff win (against a team with Brian Hoyer at QB) in 20+ years and zero Super Bowl appearances in 40+ years and see success.

RunKC 02-27-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13441931)

Well there you have it. Dumbshit is trolling to troll by self admission.

Time to romper this asshole

chiefzilla1501 02-27-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

I think loser culture is a little harsh. But let's be real about what our culture is. It's safe. We love game managers at qb. We love polite, lunch pail players who work hard and if we're totally honest, work hard on the field but are pretty emotionless. Our players read interviews like they're off scripts. They don't question their coaches even though, watching Reid's decision making maybe they should. We don't like to fire coaches. And our owner doesn't like to rock the boat.

This whole experience questions confirms that this is just who we are. And strong hints that we want to go back to the pioli boy scout route. Thank God for mahomes.

rabblerouser 02-27-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

If Peters was so great...how come no playoff wins?

The Franchise 02-27-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

I'm a True Fan?

Explain.

Sassy Squatch 02-27-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13441941)
I think loser culture is a little harsh. But let's be real about what our culture is. It's safe. We love game managers at qb. We love polite, lunch pail players who work hard and if we're totally honest, work hard on the field but are pretty emotionless. Our players read interviews like they're off scripts. They don't question their coaches even though, watching Reid's decision making maybe they should. We don't like to fire coaches. And our owner doesn't like to rock the boat.

This whole experience questions confirms that this is just who we are. And strong hints that we want to go back to the pioli boy scout route. Thank God for mahomes.

Absolute bullshit. Reid has shown time and time again he doesn't give a **** about what you do or have done as long as you help him win games. Vick and Hill are testament to that.

Chiefs4TheWin 02-27-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 13440683)
This is why the Chiefs haven't won shit in almost two generations.

More like this is the newest reason.

RunKC 02-27-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13441941)
We love game managers at qb.

Pat Mahomes ended that philosophy and thank God for that.

Quote:

We love polite, lunch pail players who work hard and if we're totally honest, work hard on the field but are pretty emotionless. Our players read interviews like they're off scripts. They don't question their coaches even though, watching Reid's decision making maybe they should.
Over 95% of players do this shit come the **** on.

Quote:

We don't like to fire coaches. And our owner doesn't like to rock the boat.
I wanted Andy fired, but you can understand why he’s still here. (Developing Mahomes, back-to-back division titles).

Quote:

Tyreek Hill and Marcus Peters throw that accusation in the trash. Pioli would have never drafted those guys.

Chiefnj2 02-27-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13441943)
If Peters was so great...how come no playoff wins?

Exactly. Which is why KC should package Kelce and Hill together for a few draft picks who can win a playoff game.

chiefzilla1501 02-27-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13441958)
Pat Mahomes ended that philosophy and thank God for that.

Over 95% of players do this shit come the **** on.

I wanted Andy fired, but you can understand why he’s still here. (Developing Mahomes, back-to-back division titles).

Tyreek Hill and Marcus Peters throw that accusation in the trash. Pioli would have never drafted those guys.

Tyreek hill had character issues. He is not loud and obnoxious on the field. We've rarely had a ray Lewis or a Richard Sherman guy who gets fired up on defense. I love dj, berry, and Houston, but those are as quiet of leaders as you're going to get.

The old reid teams used to have nasty shit talkers like John Runyan. Lots of vocal defensive leaders. Swagger guys like McNabb and DeSean Jackson. We don't seem to have swagger and we get pushed around. Maybe mahomes changes that. Who will be that presence on defense?

Bewbies 02-27-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13441933)
True Fans look at the Chiefs culture that has produced 1 playoff win (against a team with Brian Hoyer at QB) in 20+ years and zero Super Bowl appearances in 40+ years and see success.

When did true fans morph from people who never ever ever wanted to draft a QB to people who disagree with you?

Sassy Squatch 02-27-2018 12:00 PM

Who cares about that? Outside of Jalen Ramsay of the Jaguars, there isn't a single player like that on the 4 teams that were in conference championship games.

Bewbies 02-27-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

You're going to be so disappointed with the next 10-12 years.

Iowanian 02-27-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

You only show up to bitch when something happens you don't like.

Go back to x box you stuttering slob.

The Franchise 02-27-2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13441946)
I'm a True Fan?

Explain.

Still ****ing waiting, you mouth breather.

Prove to me that I'm a True Fan.

FloridaMan88 02-27-2018 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13441946)
I'm a True Fan?

Explain.

You are a gutless homer who blindly supports the Chiefs without any reality based perspective.

Your inability to view this Marcus Peters fiasco for what it is... a failure by the Chiefs organization that makes them worse is Exhibit A of the fact you are a True Fan homer.

Is that clear enough for you?

The Franchise 02-27-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13442021)
You are a gutless homer who blindly supports the Chiefs without any reality based perspective.

Your inability to view this Marcus Peters fiasco for what it is... a failure by the Chiefs organization that makes them worse is Exhibit A of the fact you are True Fan homer.

ROFL

I said it was a failure from the ****ing beginning, you ****tard. I wasn't happy with it then and I'm not happy with it now. The difference between you and I is.....is that you're on here wiping your bloody vagina all over the place and I'm discussing other things.

Sassy Squatch 02-27-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Your inability to view this Marcus Peters fiasco for what it is... a failure by the Chiefs organization that makes them worse is Exhibit A of the fact you are a True Fan homer.

LMAO Good grief.

JakeF 02-27-2018 12:29 PM

The Hunt family has a history of allow mediocre play without firing anyone. Carl Peterson went for years of 9-7 play with the full support of the Hunts. It was only when he got embarrassed by the Monday Night Meltdown etc that he did something.

Andy Reid can stay here forever without winning a damn thing as long as the Hunts aren't embarrassed and the money keeps flowing.

We had a chance to have 2 really quality CBs in Peters and Fuller. The real reason we wanted a CB back in the Alex Smith trade was because they knew that Peters was gone.

You can almost count on the fact that if we pick up big talent somewhere that we will let big talent go too. :shake:

Gain talent, lose talent, 2 steps forward, 2 steps back

Hunts are never worried about ever being elite, just "Good Enough"

Hunt knows that the fans will drool over Mahomes for a couple of years so that will allow the Chiefs to basically coast for awhile.

Rebuild Time!!! :#

and yes Hunt is a Trumpster, which means the kneeling thing could very will be a big part of why Peters is gone.

Sassy Squatch 02-27-2018 12:38 PM

Yeah, man. We totally traded away Peters because we just didn't feel like having an elite defensive backfield. It has nothing to do with his rapidly deteriorating behavior. It was all because Clark is butthurt about him kneeling ( even though Houston and Kelce both have done the same thing during the season.)

DaneMcCloud 02-27-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13442047)
The Hunt family has a history of allow mediocre play without firing anyone. Carl Peterson went for years of 9-7 play with the full support of the Hunts. It was only when he got embarrassed by the Monday Night Meltdown etc that he did something.

Are you ****ing kidding me?

1989: 8-7-1
1990: 11-5
1991: 10-6
1992: 10-6
1993: 11-5 (AFC Championship)
1994: 9-7
1995: 13-3
1996: 9-7
1997: 13-3
1998: 7-9 (Monday Night Meltdown year)

You're either a troll or just dumb as ****.

Probably both.

Quote:

Andy Reid can stay here forever without winning a damn thing as long as the Hunts aren't embarrassed and the money keeps flowing.

:facepalm:

The money will ALWAYS FLOW, due to the TV contracts and new media deals the NFL continue to make each year.

Stadium attendance and concessions are a pittance.

Messier 02-27-2018 12:48 PM

The people saying "true fans" and claim they're the "real" fans because they tell it like it is, while saying things about Hunt demanding mediocrity are worse than any homer. They're dishonest. They tell us how much the Chiefs suck and how they'll always fail while Hunt is in charge yet are still here, and they must follow the team, otherwise how do they know so much about what a backwards franchise this is?

If I truly felt the team was hopeless under Hunt and made me miserable, I'd have given up years ago and started following the Saints or something.

JakeF 02-27-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 13442088)
The people saying "true fans" and claim they're the "real" fans because they tell it like it is, while saying things about Hunt demanding mediocrity are worse than any homer. They're dishonest. They tell us how much the Chiefs suck and how they'll always fail while Hunt is in charge yet are still here, and they must follow the team, otherwise how do they know so much about what a backwards franchise this is?

If I truly felt the team was hopeless under Hunt and made me miserable, I'd have given up years ago and started following the Saints or something.

I guess you don't understand what it's like to be "born" into a team and not really have much choice.

You want talk about worse ... you could switch.

Dartgod 02-27-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Would a "True Fan" openly wish for the Chiefs starting QB to suffer a career ending injury? Because I'm pretty sure Pest did that...repeatedly.

EDIT: **** it, you're banned now, not that you can read this.

saphojunkie 02-27-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Is this not all you need to know to ban this asshat? Adds nothing to conversation. Constantly spouts ridiculous opinions that are so easily refuted that they become noxious.

It's like arguing with a moldy pecan pie.

JakeF 02-27-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13442101)
Would a "True Fan" openly wish for the Chiefs starting QB to suffer a career ending injury? Because I'm pretty sure Pest did that...repeatedly.

EDIT: **** it, you're banned now, not that you can read this.

Holy crap, he got banned for posting that?

What exactly are the rules for getting banned?

Dartgod 02-27-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13442111)

In case I wasn't clear, KCChiefsFan88 was banned from this thread. He's been trolling it up for some time now. Anyone who has followed Pest at all would know he's far from a "true fan", whatever that is.

The Franchise 02-27-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13442114)
In case I wasn't clear, KCChiefsFan88 was banned from this thread. He's been trolling it up for some time now. Anyone who has followed Pest at all would know he's far from a "true fan", whatever that is.

Hence why I found his post funny. He's a ****ing idiot though.

Dartgod 02-27-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13442111)

To further address your question, he was banned for the item in bold below.

Quote:

Single Thread Bans may occur due to the following reasons:

Highjacking threads with no thought given to the OP
Derailment of threads due to personal feuds
General derailment of threads
Rude or insensitive comments in a prayers/thoughts thread
Constant trolling of a single thread

threebag 02-27-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13441936)
Well there you have it. Dumbshit is trolling to troll by self admission.

Time to romper this asshole

**** No.

Keep him the hell out of there.

DaneMcCloud 02-27-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13442114)

He's been trolling since the Peters trade was announced

Frosty 02-27-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Carl got fired after the Herm Edwards fiasco. That happened years and years after the Monday Night Meltdown. Unless by "did something" you meant letting Carl let Marty go and hire Goonther.

Mecca 02-27-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 13442197)
Carl got fired after the Herm Edwards fiasco. That happened years and years after the Monday Night Meltdown. Unless by "did something" you meant letting Carl let Marty go and hire Goonther.

He probably regretted firing Carl after all the banners that flew in the following years.

3rd&Long 02-27-2018 01:58 PM

I failed to read through the entire thread so if what I'm about to say has already been stated, whip my ass as you will. Watching Whitlock's Fox show Speak for Yourself yesterday, Jason said something on the order of: "Peters was a good to excellent player on most Sundays but his attitude and mouth was a pain in the ass for the locker room, coaches and owner Monday-Saturday." He went on to say it was good that the Chiefs moved on from Peters. I agree.

Baby Lee 02-27-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13441981)
When did true fans morph from people who never ever ever wanted to draft a QB to people who disagree with you?

When some fans figured out it was more fun for them to pick fights with other fans than to actually follow the team.

There's a reason Claynus is both the most loved and most hated poster in CP history. We reward trolls.

ptlyon 02-27-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&Long (Post 13442223)
I failed to read through the entire thread so if what I'm about to say has already been stated, whip my ass as you will. Watching Whitlock's Fox show Speak for Yourself yesterday, Jason said something on the order of: "Peters was a good to excellent player on most Sundays but his attitude and mouth was a pain in the ass for the locker room, coaches and owner Monday-Saturday." He went on to say it was good that the Chiefs moved on from Peters. I agree.

No worries. Nobody listens to that hack around here anyways.

BlackOp 02-27-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13441754)
Yep, probably a form letter mandated by the NFL. :rolleyes:

https://us-east-1.tchyn.io/snopes-pr...eech.jpg?w=477

Oh gee...Dallas was one of the 14 teams exposed for taking money from the DOD for their fake anthem celebrations. No wonder he is so faux-outraged...he respects the shit out of that flag when getting paid for it. Are all these billionaire owners creeps?

I guess when you have a covert contract with the Government to push fake patriotism...you have to force your employee's to comply in the sham. The fact Jones references "paid performers on a stage" pretty much sums up what it really is...military propaganda for profit.

CoMoChief 02-27-2018 02:15 PM

If the blm anthem protest/kneeling really bothered Hunt, he shouldve just told Peters to knock it off from day1. Clark needs to be a boss. Sounds like hes kind of a pushover.

Its not free speech when youre on company time. Peters is an employee of the Chiefs org. He couldve just told Peters to protest on his own time, and not on Chiefs time or on Chiefs property. That couldve been the end of it.

Either way..Chiefs took a gamble and it failed. Chiefs brass didnt like Peters attitude or the altercations he had with coaches and didnt want to make Peters the highest paid cb in the league. Would his behavior worsen and production slip once hes paid a shit load of money? Top it all off with the fact that Peters wants to live/play out west, the Chiefs were most certainly to lose the FA war with him.

Chiefs probably didnt want him being a Raider either so they prevented that from happening as well.

BlackOp 02-27-2018 02:34 PM

The fact Hunt in under indictment for ripping off the tax payers in New Mexico...ON TOP OF being exposed for taking government payments for staged displays of patriotism...is a FAR worse act of disrespect than anything Peters could dream up....unless he lit an eagle on fire.

If you're white, privileged, wear a tie and have billions...you get a free pass in the public sphere. You can lie and steal at will. If you're black and take a knee...you're a horrible American

Marcellus 02-27-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13442127)
Hence why I found his post funny. He's a ****ing idiot though.

I have to say, I literally laughed out loud when I saw that post.

That dude is a ****ing moron.

Marcellus 02-27-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13442162)
He's been trolling since the Peters trade was announced

Trolling infers that you know what you are saying is bullshit, his dumb ass actually believes what he was posting.

Dartgod 02-27-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13442242)
Oh gee...Dallas was one of the 14 teams exposed for taking money from the DOD for their fake anthem celebrations. No wonder he is so faux-outraged...he respects the shit out of that flag when getting paid for it. Are all these billionaire owners creeps?

I guess when you have a covert contract with the Government to push fake patriotism...you have to force your employee's to comply in the sham. The fact Jones references "performers on a stage" pretty much sums up what it really is...military propaganda for profit.

Aaaaand *poof* , you're banned from the thread.

DaneMcCloud 02-27-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13442299)
Aaaaand *poof* , you're banned from the thread.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 02-27-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13442293)
Trolling infers that you know what you are saying is bullshit, his dumb ass actually believes what he was posting.

He's been like since the day he joined. Everything's negative, the Chiefs suck, the Hunts suck, etc. and so on.

He just admitted to trolling so I'm pretty sure his entire shtick is an act, which is pathetic, in and of itself.

chiefzilla1501 02-27-2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13442247)
If the blm anthem protest/kneeling really bothered Hunt, he shouldve just told Peters to knock it off from day1. Clark needs to be a boss. Sounds like hes kind of a pushover.

Its not free speech when youre on company time. Peters is an employee of the Chiefs org. He couldve just told Peters to protest on his own time, and not on Chiefs time or on Chiefs property. That couldve been the end of it.

Either way..Chiefs took a gamble and it failed. Chiefs brass didnt like Peters attitude or the altercations he had with coaches and didnt want to make Peters the highest paid cb in the league. Would his behavior worsen and production slip once hes paid a shit load of money? Top it all off with the fact that Peters wants to live/play out west, the Chiefs were most certainly to lose the FA war with him.

Chiefs probably didnt want him being a Raider either so they prevented that from happening as well.

I actually agree and I obviously don't care if players kneel. I think kraft and Jerry Jones did it in a way that was respectful. I have a feeling behind closed doors it was more a conversation of "we will help you advocate your cause, all I ask is that you stand for the anthem."

the peters Meltdown was long and constant. Mellinger had an article where it doesn't really sound like hunt really addressed it until well into it. Meanwhile peters was taking grenades left and right. There are times I appreciate hunt being hands off. But there are moments like this where you want him to be more active.

Jimkcchief88 02-27-2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13442276)
The fact Hunt in under indictment for ripping off the tax payers in New Mexico...ON TOP OF being exposed for taking government payments for staged displays of patriotism...is a FAR worse act of disrespect than anything Peters could dream up....unless he lit an eagle on fire.

If you're white, privileged, wear a tie and have billions...you get a free pass in the public sphere. You can lie and steal at will. If you're black and take a knee...you're a horrible American

This...But don’t worry my friend. The rubber will meet the road when Clark goes back in well and asks all the good red blooded Americans for more $$$ fund more renovations at Arrowhead. Then these same cats will be talking about Clark like he’s Stan Kroenke on Chief.

bricks 02-27-2018 03:18 PM

Quote:

I’m not a black man but damn you have an excellent point!

Fansy the Famous Bard 02-27-2018 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimkcchief88 (Post 13442346)
This...But don’t worry my friend. The rubber will meet the road when Clark goes back in well and asks all the good red blooded Americans for more $$$ fund more renovations at Arrowhead. Then these same cats will be talking about Clark like he’s Stan Kroenke on Chief.

http://memes.ucoz.com/_nw/14/94239448.jpg

bricks 02-27-2018 03:19 PM

And **** Clark Hunt. That silverspooned white collared bastard!

MahiMike 02-27-2018 04:53 PM

Conspiracy theory seems right on track here.

1. There's no way in hell all 31 teams were contacted
2. There's no way in hell Peters doesn't get at least a 1st round pick
3. Since 1 and 2 above, Peter king is in on the take
4. Peters said that he loved Andy and I believe him meaning this decision was above Andy
5. Veach is a new GM making his mark and would not willingly get rid of a top player.
6. Clark Hunt is old money in NFL terms and well connected
7. NFL has been pushing for success in LA for years now.

It all adds up to conspiracy.

Jimkcchief88 02-27-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 13442454)
Conspiracy theory seems right on track here.

1. There's no way in hell all 31 teams were contacted
2. There's no way in hell Peters doesn't get at least a 1st round pick
3. Since 1 and 2 above, Peter king is in on the take
4. Peters said that he loved Andy and I believe him meaning this decision was above Andy
5. Veach is a new GM making his mark and would not willingly get rid of a top player.
6. Clark Hunt is old money in NFL terms and well connected
7. NFL has been pushing for success in LA for years now.

It all adds up to conspiracy.

Sounds about right to me

carcosa 02-27-2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13442293)

implies

Bewbies 02-27-2018 05:11 PM

Quote:

Pathetic, but---

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3oFzmkkwfOGlzZ0gxi" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Shields68 02-27-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13442247)

Would not call it a total failure. Maybe a c grade or d. Unfortunately, it was looking like an A for a while then fell a part.

The Browns 1 spot after us took Erving and we gave them a 5th rounder. That would be an F. We got some good seasons and then got a 2nd back.

Monkey God 02-27-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimkcchief88 (Post 13442346)

He has no worries...he knows the next stadium deal will be in Kansas...almost ended up in Kansas the last time around. Plan B was in place if the voters turned it down.