ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry Released! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321802)

ChiefsCountry 03-14-2019 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 14157715)
That makes me cringe just reading it. :eek:

Reading all the medical journal stuff on Haglund's, its little more than just him being a pussy.

BlackOp 03-14-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14157614)
KK was saying that after EB signed his monster contract, he received $30 mill and played in 3 games. That's amazing.

And got Dorsey fired...

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-14-2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 14157976)
And got Dorsey fired...

Yeah no shit. Sweet move Clark!

threebag 03-15-2019 09:26 AM

Thank you for everything Eric Berry

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-18-2019 04:17 PM

Visiting Cowboys on Tuesday

BleedingRed 03-18-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime (Post 14166964)

How pissed will everyone be if he plays whole year no problem

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-18-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime (Post 14166964)

Good. I hope he gets a job so his KC hobo fan club will finally STFU.

Bowser 03-18-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14166967)

It's going to be pretty annoying, not gonna lie.

TwistedChief 03-18-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14166969)
Good. I hope he gets a job so his KC hobo fan club will finally will finally STFU.

LOL **** you ROFL

:)

The Franchise 03-18-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Honestly? It'll just show me that he was in it for the money last year and didn't give a **** about the team.

Bowser 03-18-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14166973)
Honestly? It'll just show me that he was in it for the money last year and didn't give a **** about the team.

This too

BleedingRed 03-18-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

It will really make me look at him even more different than I already did.

TwistedChief 03-18-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Or it shows he finally recovered from an injury that we weren't willing to spend the money to risk that he recovered from?

The Franchise 03-18-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14166983)
Or it shows he finally recovered from an injury that we weren't willing to spend the money to risk that he recovered from?

Yeah....only he sat out almost the entire ****ing season and gave NO input into why he was sitting out. If he goes out and plays a full season in Dallas? **** him. He got paid and then his "spirit" wasn't in it.

ToxSocks 03-18-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Not pissed at all. Just means he healed, as he and allegedly the Chiefs, thought he would.

You honestly think he'd rather go to Dallas and make LESS money?

Bowser 03-18-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

From my understanding you never "recover" from Haglund's, you just deal with it since it's a pain management thing. So, if he goes on to have a pro bowl year with someone else, I think we should all question WTF he was doing in KC during the 2018 season.

ToxSocks 03-18-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

This.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-18-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Pissed? I'll be elated. It just proves myself and others right regarding our assessment of him and his "character".

Besides, if he had a problem getting sideways with KC, he's gonna' REALLY love Jerruh! :)

TwistedChief 03-18-2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14166992)
From my understanding you never "recover" from Haglund's, you just deal with it since it's a pain management thing. So, if he goes on to have a pro bowl year with someone else, I think we should all question WTF he was doing in KC during the 2018 season.

Yeah, but there's a clear spectrum of pain management. And that evolves over time.

Mephistopheles Janx 03-18-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14166990)
You honestly think he'd rather go to Dallas and make LESS money?

It seems he had the choice to take less money here, be with the team that Vegas is predicting wins the SB, the team that stood by him while he had cancer, and his achilles, and then his Haglund.

No matter what he was going to be taking less money... so why not do it for the team that stood by him?

This leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

BleedingRed 03-18-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 14167015)
It seems he had the choice to take less money here, be with the team that Vegas is predicting wins the SB, the team that stood by him while he had cancer, and his achilles, and then his Haglund.

No matter what he was going to be taking less money... so why not do it for the team that stood by him?

This leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

It’s not even like he didn’t get paid before this last contract. Wasn’t his class last rookie class with big contracts?

Bowser 03-18-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14167021)
It’s not even like he didn’t get paid before this last contract. Wasn’t his class last rookie class with big contracts?

Yeah. Sam Bradford got 50 mil as a bonus for being the #1 overall pick, Berry got 34 mil at #5.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-18-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14167021)

Yes.

HUGE rookie payday, set the record for rookie safeties if I recall correctly, and then another huge payday after that.

-King- 03-18-2019 05:32 PM

Quote:

This. I mean how dare something heal over the course of a year. If Berry was injured last year he should be injured forever!

Bowser 03-18-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14167109)
This. I mean how dare something heal over the course of a year. If Berry was injured last year he should be injured forever!

Sarcasm aside, Haglund's doesn't heal. It's personal pain management, and Pest has a point.

-King- 03-18-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14166992)

He played with haglunds for years before this. He had issues with his heel for a long time. It just became a major problem last year. Just like John wall had it and played on it for years but had to get surgery this year.

Here's an article from 2014 when he left practice with a heel injury: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...le1201261.html

-King- 03-18-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14167130)
Sarcasm aside, Haglund's doesn't heal. It's personal pain management, and Pest has a point.

The spur can become bigger or smaller and a year with almost no football may have made it small enough to play on consistently.

PAChiefsGuy 03-18-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14167000)
Pissed? I'll be elated. It just proves myself and others right regarding our assessment of him and his "character".

Besides, if he had a problem getting sideways with KC, he's gonna' REALLY love Jerruh! :)

Hey moron Jeff Allen said he never meant someone who loves football as much as Berry. So just based on that pretty obvious if the guy could have played more last season he would have.

Bowser 03-18-2019 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14167137)
He played with haglunds for years before this. He had issues with his heel for a long time. It just became a major problem last year. Just like John wall had it and played on it for years but had to get surgery this year.

Here's an article from 2014 when he left practice with a heel injury: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...le1201261.html

Here's the thing - the Chiefs didn't IR Berry all season because they left it in his hands to decide if he could play every week. He played parts of three (four?) games last year with only having an impact in one half of one of those games. The offseason arrives, and he chooses not to have surgery on his heel in which he would have recovered in 4-6 weeks (likely faster for him being a pro athlete and having access to all the resources he would have). So, logically, presumably, he's going to be dealing with the same issues in '19 as he did in '18 since nothing has changed for him physically.

If he goes to another team and makes a huge impact and earns post season accolades, it absolutely is not out of bounds to ask what the hell was going through his mind during the near majority of the '18 season, because something just won't be adding up.

Flying High D 03-18-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14167160)
Here's the thing - the Chiefs didn't IR Berry all season because they left it in his hands to decide if he could play every week. He played parts of three (four?) games last year with only having an impact in one half of one of those games. The offseason arrives, and he chooses not to have surgery on his heel in which he would have recovered in 4-6 weeks (likely faster for him being a pro athlete and having access to all the resources he would have). So, logically, presumably, he's going to be dealing with the same issues in '19 as he did in '18 since nothing has changed for him physically.

If he goes to another team and makes a huge impact and earns post season accolades, it absolutely is not out of bounds to ask what the hell was going through his mind during the near majority of the '18 season, because something just won't be adding up.

This was expressed examplary.

-King- 03-18-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

They thought it would go down on it's on and be playable later on the season. They bet wrong. I don't see what's wrong with that. He had played on it for years. They probably thought they could play on it another year.

It's just crazy to me to question his character and will when he's been through more shit than most other players and has remained professional and tried his best to play through injuries. The one time he can't, he gets drug through the mud. It's ****ed up.

PAChiefsGuy 03-18-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Lets not make this more complicated than it needs to be. The doctor told him he didnt need surgery so he isnt having surgery. I dont see what the big deal is.

Didn't most of you claim (and this isn't directed at you Bowser) that he was going to have surgery just to **** the Chiefs so they couldnt cut him? Now he isnt getting surgery. Because of that using CP logic he is a piece of shit because since he isnt having surgery he clearly was faking his injury last season?

Man this guy cant win on this board.

vailpass 03-18-2019 06:04 PM

Broke dick cancer boy who won't play through hurt. Who wants him?

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-18-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14167183)

Good upgrade for the Donx. Better get on it!

PAChiefsGuy 03-18-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14167183)

Calling him 'cancer boy' now? Jesus....

Bowser 03-18-2019 06:21 PM

Here's the disconnect I'm apparently having - Haglund's can shrink on its own? That changes my mind, if true. And also I've read another report on it that it could take two years to fully recover from it, so I get why he'd rather not go that route.

vailpass 03-18-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14167190)
Good upgrade for the Donx. Better get on it!

That's no shit.

vailpass 03-18-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14167193)
Calling him 'cancer boy' now? Jesus....

Haglund's boy suit you better? I'm flexible. Either way dude's a quitter.

Chiefs=Champions 03-18-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14167218)
Here's the disconnect I'm apparently having - Haglund's can shrink on its own? That changes my mind, if true. And also I've read another report on it that it could take two years to fully recover from it, so I get why he'd rather not go that route.

Bone spurs dont shrink. Pain tolerance could go up, and pain management could improve.

PAChiefsGuy 03-18-2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14167224)
Haglund's boy suit you better? I'm flexible. Either way dude's a quitter.

Call him whatever you want I seriously doubt he cares. Just thought cancer boy is a little ridiculous. Tons of ppl die from cancer every year getting it and beating it is nothing to be ashamed of.

Either way ive moved on from Berry I suggest you do the same. No need to hate the guy.

GloryDayz 03-25-2019 07:54 PM

As long as he's still gone, I'm happy...

Flying High D 03-25-2019 08:23 PM

Guess not many GM’s out there have a place on their team for someone who doesn’t play when not feeling it in their spirit. Who knew? Who would of ever thought that? It’s only been a couple of weeks i’m Sure BDB is still considering all his options. Getting cut must of hit him like a cement truck. Probably figured he could milk that contract awhile longer.

Naptown Chief 03-25-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14167400)
Call him whatever you want I seriously doubt he cares. Just thought cancer boy is a little ridiculous. Tons of ppl die from cancer every year getting it and beating it is nothing to be ashamed of.

Either way ive moved on from Berry I suggest you do the same. No need to hate the guy.

tldr

loochy 03-26-2019 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14167400)

Quiet cancer boy lover

JakeF 03-26-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 14180149)
Guess not many GM’s out there have a place on their team for someone who doesn’t play when not feeling it in their spirit. Who knew? Who would of ever thought that? It’s only been a couple of weeks i’m Sure BDB is still considering all his options. Getting cut must of hit him like a cement truck. Probably figured he could milk that contract awhile longer.

Eric Berry wanted the Chiefs to cut him. He got his big paycheck and wanted to move on to another team for another paycheck. Collecting a bunch of signing bonuses is where a player can make huge money. As soon as teams stop calling he will retire.

I imagine Eric Berry will wait and sign with a team after most of training camp is over so he doesn't have to practice. Atlanta?

TribalElder 03-26-2019 03:20 PM

bob sutton is in atlanta, I wonder how that will factor in

Marcellus 03-26-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14180879)
Eric Berry wanted the Chiefs to cut him. He got his big paycheck and wanted to move on to another team for another paycheck. Collecting a bunch of signing bonuses is where a player can make huge money. As soon as teams stop calling he will retire.

I imagine Eric Berry will wait and sign with a team after most of training camp is over so he doesn't have to practice. Atlanta?

I don't know that there could be a less informed or more fantasyland post on this topic.

Berry would have made $12MM+ with KC this year, he isn't getting anywhere near that or a bunch of guaranteed money no matter who signs him. He may get $5-8MM for a single year or something like $12MM for 2 years. If he doesn't sign until after camp he isn't getting jack shit from anyone.

He won't make money off the Chiefs cutting him. :facepalm:

He has already made plenty off KC anyway.

JakeF 03-26-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 14181480)
bob sutton is in atlanta, I wonder how that will factor in

Isn't Pioli still in Atlanta? Atlanta is Berry's home town and he also does football camps there every year. Some connections there.

Skyy God 03-26-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14181505)
I don't know that there could be a less informed or more fantasyland post on this topic.

Berry would have made $12MM+ with KC this year, he isn't getting anywhere near that or a bunch of guaranteed money no matter who signs him. He may get $5-8MM for a single year or something like $12MM for 2 years. If he doesn't sign until after camp he isn't getting jack shit from anyone.

He won't make money off the Chiefs cutting him. :facepalm:

He has already made plenty off KC anyway.

Jake, though a little slow, is correct that Berry isn’t going to play in 2019 for, say, $2M plus incentives.

There’s no evidence he loves football that much at this point.

JakeF 03-26-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14181585)
Jake, though a little slow, is correct that Berry isn’t going to play in 2019 for, say, $2M plus incentives.

Gee, thanks.

Marcellus 03-26-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Indeed Jake may be slow but your response makes as much since as his post.

I was simply laughing at the idea Berry wanted KC to cut him because it would be financially beneficial for him.

Shoes 03-27-2019 01:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14181718)
Indeed Jake may be slow but your response makes as much since as his post.

I was simply laughing at the idea Berry wanted KC to cut him because it would be financially beneficial for him.

Hey guys I don’t have much to add in regards to the debate about Berry’s potential earnings this upcoming season but I can confirm that Jake is indeed slow.

Skyy God 03-27-2019 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14181646)
Gee, thanks.

No problem!

chinaski 03-27-2019 02:46 PM

has anyone signed this piece of shit?

RunKC 06-01-2019 09:04 AM

$9.55 million in the bank. Time to pay Chris Jones

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Four NFL teams will receive cap space tomorrow as a result of previous post-June 1 releases:<br>* Chiefs: $9.55M (Eric Berry)<br>* Panthers: $7M (Matt Kalil)<br>* Falcons: $6.45M (Ryan Schraeder)<br>* Bears. $1M (Cody Parkey)</p>&mdash; Field Yates (@FieldYates) <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1134821167045496832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ChiefGator 06-01-2019 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14290767)
$9.55 million in the bank. Time to pay Chris Jones

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Four NFL teams will receive cap space tomorrow as a result of previous post-June 1 releases:<br>* Chiefs: $9.55M (Eric Berry)<br>* Panthers: $7M (Matt Kalil)<br>* Falcons: $6.45M (Ryan Schraeder)<br>* Bears. $1M (Cody Parkey)</p>&mdash; Field Yates (@FieldYates) <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1134821167045496832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yep, yep! Do it!

RealSNR 06-01-2019 09:29 AM

Make sure you wash the Haglund's off all that money before you give it to Jones

O.city 06-01-2019 09:40 AM

Yeah just go ahead and get Jones done

We won’t like it but just be done with it and move on. Maybe send a little bit of it to a certain DA in OP to move a certain case on a bit

Flying High D 06-01-2019 09:52 AM

No more checks addressed to Spirit Hollow.

GloryDayz 06-01-2019 09:52 AM

PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

Halfcan 06-01-2019 12:01 PM

Money to sign another CB?

GloryDayz 06-01-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14290905)
Money to sign another CB?

As long as it's not Berry I'll be OK with it.

JakeF 06-01-2019 12:18 PM

Has Berry signed with anyone yet?

TEX 06-01-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14290930)

No. His spirit hasn't either.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-01-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14290930)

Yes. The Underpass Four are gearing up for a summer tour of homeless shelters across the Nation. Included in the setlist will be fan favorites such as "Free Cluck Money", "Sideline Millionaire", "Would SAUTO fetch-a Vodka(?)", and that timeless, heart wrenching ballad, "Justin, I gotta leave you baby ( ain't no Indy Luck fo' me ).

TEX 06-01-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14290946)
Yes. The Underpass Four are gearing up for a summer tour of homeless shelters across the Nation. Included in the setlist will be fan favorites such as "Free Cluck Money", "Sideline Millionaire", "Would SAUTO fetch-a Vodka(?)", and that timeless, heart wrenching ballad, "Justin, I gotta leave you baby ( ain't no Indy Luck fo' me ).

:clap: ROFL # 3 is my favorite. Vocals sound like they're coming from a toilet bowl, but do provide a lot of base for the group! Without him they're nothing!

RealSNR 06-01-2019 01:00 PM

And here I thought Eric Berry only sang spirituals

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-01-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14290972)
And here I thought Eric Berry only sang spirituals

ROFL

It was decided by management that the generations of crippling poverty necessary to successfully induce the deep emotions present in such material was no longer a part of the makeup of the group due to Eric's massive pay days, and that an authentic representation of said material could no longer be performed.

It's somewhat difficult to convincingly jam "Po' Lijah" when your lifestyle consists of millions of dollars, a backstage filled with Cristal and more cheap women than you can shake a pimp cane at, and stretch limo service everywhere you travel.

TribalElder 06-01-2019 01:37 PM

GoodBye Eric Berry

Your number has moved on to a player who will be on the field
Your payday has come to a close

Hopefully Chris Jones can get paid using some of the money we saved by letting you go

I enjoyed your play when you did play at times
https://media1.tenor.com/images/4cba...temid=12974698

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06-01-2019 01:50 PM

This money is going to Chris Jones

In58men 06-01-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14291018)
This money is going to Chris Jones

Thanks for the in depth analysis

RealSNR 06-01-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 14291006)
GoodBye Eric Berry

Your number has moved on to a player who will be on the field
Your payday has come to a close

Hopefully Chris Jones can get paid using some of the money we saved by letting you go

I enjoyed your play when you did play at times
https://media1.tenor.com/images/4cba...temid=12974698

Aren't we going to be paying him for the next 3 years?

TribalElder 06-01-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14291022)

ROFL

probably

his contract has to be one of the worst contracts for a team in the history of the nfl

RunKC 06-01-2019 02:06 PM

I think he’ll retire in a few months. He tried playing last year as early as the opening week of camp, but it’s clear that his body is done. Dude has been through so much that he just needs to retire and begin a new life.

Skyy God 06-01-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14291022)

No.

He banked his SB plus 2 years of base.