ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the 49ers (Super Bowl Edition) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328296)

FringeNC 01-20-2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14739694)
Just watched the 49ers/Packers game. Holy shit did the Packers look sloppy. They did literally everything they could to **** up.

Roughing the passer, completely undisciplined gap maintenance on run defense, no creativity and just poor effort overall.

That could not have been an easier game for the Niners.

The Packers play in the first half was an embarrassment.

RunKC 01-20-2020 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14739700)
Like somebody said the 49ers have faced absolutely no adversity in these playoffs.

And they haven’t had to throw the ball in weeks.

Well you have to give it to them. They are the most talented team in the league. I didn’t realize how stacked they were at RB. Literally every guy is faster than Damien Williams and Rat Jr uses them like Andy.

All we have to do is stop the run, protect Pat and get a lead. That’s it.

Something tells me Jimmy G will look like Jared Goff in last years Super Bowl if he’s forced to be the guy for them.

Jerm 01-20-2020 10:11 AM

Quote:

Just watched the 49ers/Packers game. Holy shit did the Packers look sloppy. They did literally everything they could to **** up.

Roughing the passer, completely undisciplined gap maintenance on run defense, no creativity and just poor effort overall.

Rodgers play and attitude looked like he couldn't care less and wasn't bothered at all...weird.

Dude has checked out mentally in a lot of ways IMO.

Chiefshrink 01-20-2020 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14738408)
Go **** yourself, Rice-A-Roni.

ROFLROFLROFL

duncan_idaho 01-20-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOARGore (Post 14739662)
If I had to bet money, I’d pick the Chiefs because Mahomes is just ridiculous.

But Jimmy G is no Alex Smith.

As someone who suffered for almost a decade under Smith’s reign of terror, it’s not even close.

The team was garbage when we traded for Jimmy. We were 1-10 with a bad offense that couldn’t put up points. He comes in without even knowing the playbook and has our offense humming like stop 5 unit to close out the season.

We goes down in 2018, then we suck again.

He comes back and now we’re in the Super Bowl.

He’s a winner, and he plays clutch on 3rd down and in the 4th quarter, two things Smith always sucked at.

I think the Chiefs’ speed is probably too much to handle, but don’t expect some deer-in-headlights Alex Smith who’s throwing the ball in the dirt on 3rd down or overthrowing guys by 5 yards when they’re wide-ass open.

That’s a reasonable post. I was a big-time Alex Smith detractor for many of the reasons you cite. Their play styles are different and I’d prefer Garoppolo. Both need the scheme and team around them to succeed, though, IMO.

bowener 01-20-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14739670)
Jimmy Garoppolo is a dead man walking...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/khjY3xELOyo/hqdefault.jpg

BAMF!!

duncan_idaho 01-20-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14739656)
I would love to keep Jones...but if he has a big time performance in a Super Bowl, his stock will never be higher. You could really rip off a bad team on a tag and trade.

If you land Mack-type compensation, you could really set the roster up for the next decade.

Yeah, hard to make it work with Jones. I love wheat he does, but you’re in stars and scrubs territory if he’s signed to a huge deal.

I think a tag and trade is probably the best scenario. Find one of these teams drooling over him as a FA (Tampa, Dallas) and add a first and third. If KC can land a mid-1st round pick and take AJ Epenesa or Javon Kinlaw, I think it replaces Jones fairly effectively (especially Kinlaw, who is his clone, IMO).

Adding two extra picks, one of them a 1st, would help reload the roster a ton.

YayMike 01-20-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14739719)
Yeah, hard to make it work with Jones. I love wheat he does, but you’re in stars and scrubs territory if he’s signed to a huge deal.

I think a tag and trade is probably the best scenario. Find one of these teams drooling over him as a FA (Tampa, Dallas) and add a first and third. If KC can land a mid-1st round pick and take AJ Epenesa or Javon Kinlaw, I think it replaces Jones fairly effectively (especially Kinlaw, who is his clone, IMO).

Adding two extra picks, one of them a 1st, would help reload the roster a ton.

The salary cap is a joke. We will have plenty of money to pay Jones and Mahomes. We realistically need a RB, a few LBs and another Corner. That’s it. We will probably end up keeping Sammy on a restructured deal, so WR isn’t a huge need. Let Robinson go. So... I say keep Jones and have a dominant dominant front 4 for years...

rabblerouser 01-20-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chan93lx50 (Post 14738426)
So who is Joe Montana gonna root for?

Looks like the 49ers, even though they chose Young over him and shipped him off to KC.

We welcomed him with open arms, and if he would've played one more year, we probably would've made the SB in 1995.

But, he didn't, we didn't, and so **** him. Mahomes and Dawson and Trent Green are the only QBs in my history of the Chiefs that matter.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-20-2020 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 14739748)
The salary cap is a joke. We will have plenty of money to pay Jones and Mahomes. We realistically need a RB, a few LBs and another Corner. That’s it. We will probably end up keeping Sammy on a restructured deal, so WR isn’t a huge need. Let Robinson go. So... I say keep Jones and have a dominant dominant front 4 for years...

I wouldn’t call it a joke, but it’d be nice to know what the new CBA is going to do for it before we send a talent like Jones packing.

rabblerouser 01-20-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14739779)
I wouldn’t call it a joke, but it’d be nice to know what the new CBA is going to do for it before we send a talent like Jones packing.

I think it's going to increase enough that we're going to be able to keep whoever we want.

Chiefshrink 01-20-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14739412)
Their LBs are smaller/faster types who are solid in coverage, but there’s not a Derwin James in that back 7 to help really neutralize Kelce.

They will have their BYU boy LB Fred Warner attempt to cover him I bet. He is plenty athletic and fast. Good player for sure.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-20-2020 10:53 AM

I don’t have stats on hand but based on yesterday and against Minnesota, it seems that our defense does a good job containing teams that like to run from 12 and 21 personnel (which the 9ers like). Both primarily run wide zone concepts too, like SF.

Now they could flip the script on us for sure but it’s nice to throw Ragland out there more often than not without having to worry too much about coverage deficiencies.

RunKC 01-20-2020 10:53 AM

They can make the cap work with Jones and Pat, but that’s it. It’s bargain bin diving and draft time.

And you know what? That’s okay. Sammy, Jones, Clark and HB are young. These aren’t 30 year old players leaving their prime.

Our franchise has found cheap gems off the street the last 2 years. Butker, Ward, Ogbah, Pennel, Wiz, D. Wilson.

We will be fine

St. Patty's Fire 01-20-2020 10:54 AM

Quote:

They aren’t going run like that on our defense. Packers didn’t even show up.

I think we’re gonna see some panic in Shanahan’s playcalling due to Mahomes and the offense’s capabilities. It happened to both Vrabel and BoB. That could potentially disrupt the Niners game plan immensely.

The Niners offense is similar to the Titans offense in that their passing game is heavily reliant on their running game. The Rams are the same way, which is why we saw Goff have a horrible year after Gurley became a pumpkin.

The defense is capable of slowing down their run game. A lot of what they do relies on motion and eye candy, if the defense is disciplined and plays their gaps properly we can slow them down.

Of course, Shanahan’s playcalling and run design is very high level. And they have a very good line and the best FB in the league. But the game is going to come down to Jimmy G/Shanahan vs Mahomes/Reid. And I know who I’m taking there.

FringeNC 01-20-2020 10:55 AM

Statistically, the 49er pass defense is REALLY good, but thrown in there are a few games where they've been torched. Similar to New England, but they don't pick the ball off nearly as much.

rabblerouser 01-20-2020 10:56 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....ers-throwbacks

LET THEM WEAR THEIR '94s.

Be just like when we beat them at Arrowhead in 1994. DT sacked Steve Young for a safety and JJ Birden caught the first 2 pt conversion for the Chiefs since the 2pt was reinstated.

Chris Meck 01-20-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14739700)
Like somebody said the 49ers have faced absolutely no adversity in these playoffs.

And they haven’t had to throw the ball in weeks.

well, we've seen how that goes when teams run into the Chiefs.

I'm aware of their record, but with the exception of their front four, I don't think they're a better team than Tennessee.

NOW, before anyone freaks out and tells me how stupid I am, consider that that front four is WHY they've won so many games, and they are indeed formidable.

I'm not overly impressed with Jimmy GQ. They have decent backs, but I think it's the scheme that is impressive. Their number one runner is on his seventh team, for ****'s sake.

Kittle's great. Sherman is still very good.

They have solid but unspectacular groups overall. Except that front four.

RunKC 01-20-2020 11:03 AM

Jimmy G has been a ****ing game manager all year. He’s only had 4 good games all year:

3 TD’s vs Bengals-4th worst defense in NFL
4 TD’s in both games vs Cards-worst defense in NFL

His only respectable game was vs the Saints. He’s only thrown for 300 yards 3 times in a game....all against the teams listed above.

Make this game Jimmy G vs Pat and they Niners are ****ed

rabblerouser 01-20-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14739832)
Jimmy G has been a ****ing game manager all year. He’s only had 4 good games all year:

3 TD’s vs Bengals-4th worst defense in NFL
4 TD’s in both games vs Cards-worst defense in NFL

His only respectable game was vs the Saints. He’s only thrown for 300 yards 3 times in a game....all against the teams listed above.

Make this game Jimmy G vs Pat and they Niners are ****ed

They're the Titans of the NFC. It's the exact same game we just played.

YayMike 01-20-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14739779)

Right: I meant it can be manipulated sort of easily. It would be nice to know what the new one will look like, but players like Jones are ones you build around and keep...not trade. That’s all I meant

rabblerouser 01-20-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 14739862)
Right: I meant it can be manipulated sort of easily. It would be nice to know what the new one will look like, but players like Jones are ones you build around and keep...not trade. That’s all I meant

I can agree with this.

FringeNC 01-20-2020 11:26 AM

Reasons why I think the Chiefs will win.

1. Homerism

2. Ideal weather conditions. I think the Chiefs offensive has been great the last few weeks at full health *in spite of* the frigid temperatures. Get these guys in warm weather, and I think our WRs start getting way more separation. Sure, Mahomes can spin it in any conditions, but that's not everything.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01-20-2020 11:27 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brett Veach flexing about how long his has know how great Patrick Mahomes is after being asked about his great TD run <a href="https://t.co/Fq67K6ltPr">pic.twitter.com/Fq67K6ltPr</a></p>&mdash; Cody Tapp (@codybtapp) <a href="https://twitter.com/codybtapp/status/1219068044170989570?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Naptown Chief 01-20-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 14739862)

Howdy neighbor

The Franchise 01-20-2020 11:30 AM

I wouldn’t look at Jimmy G’s performance last night as to who he is. The 49ers went in with a a game plan of “we’re running it until they stop it” and the Packers couldn’t ****ing stop it. I have a feeling that they’re going to do the same to us. I think we’re up to the challenge though and Jimmy G is good but he’s not great. We’ve got great on our side.

rabblerouser 01-20-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 14739901)
Reasons why I think the Chiefs will win.

1. Homerism

2. Ideal weather conditions. I think the Chiefs offensive has been great the last few weeks at full health *in spite of* the frigid temperatures. Get these guys in warm weather, and I think our WRs start getting way more separation. Sure, Mahomes can spin it in any conditions, but that's not everything.

3. Because they're a more talented, more complete team than the 49ers. The 49ers have a great Dline and an awesome talent at TE. We have all that AND blazing speed outside, and a generational talent at QB.

The Franchise 01-20-2020 11:41 AM

I will say this though.

The 49ers have no idea what they’re going up against. If you think that you’re going to stop Reid from getting that victory that he’s never gotten to celebrate.....that trophy that he’s never got to kiss....you are sadly mistaken.

Reid is going to open up the entire playbook in this one and he’s going to be giving those plays to God himself to run.

This team of players is ****ing hell bent on getting Reid that ring. They won’t be ****ing denied.

Deberg_1990 01-20-2020 11:47 AM

Lots of intriguing things to this game.

Niners run game vs our D.

Mahomes vs Niners Defense

Kittle or Kelce?

The Chiefs vs the Shanahans. While have nothing against Kyle, it would be fun to put a sad face on Daddy Mike Shanahan. Payback!!

Three7s 01-20-2020 11:50 AM

Honestly, I feel like the only way the 49ers stop our offense is their pass rush, which might be the best we've faced this year. If the OL gives Mahomes time, there's no way their secondary can handle these WRs.

I'm a bit more interested in hour our DL holds up against the 49ers OL, which is also very good.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-20-2020 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14739929)
I will say this though.

The 49ers have no idea what they’re going up against. If you think that you’re going to stop Reid from getting that victory that he’s never gotten to celebrate.....that trophy that he’s never got to kiss....you are sadly mistaken.

Reid is going to open up the entire playbook in this one and he’s going to be giving those plays to God himself to run.

This team of players is ****ing hell bent on getting Reid that ring. They won’t be ****ing denied.

50 years in the making. This team has been through it all in the last year and you’re damn right, I don’t see them being denied.

ChiefBlueCFC 01-20-2020 11:53 AM

This should be an absolutely great Super Bowl. Can't wait

DRM08 01-20-2020 11:58 AM

Quote:

I will say this though.

Need the OL to show up ready for a tough battle on the very first snap. They got their butts kicked by Belichick’s front 7 in the first half of the AFC title game a year ago. Niners pass rush is pretty damn strong. Chiefs OL will need to bring their A game.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01-20-2020 11:58 AM

Now there saying Mahomes isn’t the best ever because he has a plethora of weapons.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01-20-2020 12:01 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/49ers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#49ers</a> will wear their traditional road jerseys in Super Bowl LIV: White tops, gold pants. They are 2-0 in Super Bowls when outfitted in that combination.<a href="https://t.co/faaWiHxMIm">https://t.co/faaWiHxMIm</a></p>&mdash; Matt Maiocco (@MaioccoNBCS) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/1219317919064018946?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise 01-20-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14739955)
Need the OL to show up ready for a tough battle on the very first snap. They got their butts kicked by Belichick’s front 7 in the first half of the AFC title game a year ago. Niners pass rush is pretty damn strong. Chiefs OL will need to bring their A game.

They’ve looked damn good since they all got healthy.

DRM08 01-20-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14739967)

That’s true, but the opponents have not been that great in terms of pass rush. Maybe Chicago? But apparently that defense had quite a few injuries by the time KC played them.

The Franchise 01-20-2020 12:07 PM

Guess who should be back and close to 100%? Chris Mother****ing Jones.

R Clark 01-20-2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOARGore (Post 14739170)
LOL our passing game is a liiiiiittle bit better than Grbac/Gannon.

We're more like the '97 Broncos

You are quite the dumbass

YayMike 01-20-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14739967)

They have looked amazing! They have given Pat all kinds of time. Just need to be ready for Bosa now

RunKC 01-20-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

I will say this though.

Yip. 49ers are a young team surging on pure talent. But they don’t have the heart that we do. They don’t have the want to.

Reminds me of the Broncos/Panthers Super Bowl as much as I hate it.

Panthers had an easy time getting to the SB but the Broncos were determined. They wanted it more.

YayMike 01-20-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14739974)
Guess who should be back and close to 100%? Chris Mother****ing Jones.

What about his five dollar foot long?

R Clark 01-20-2020 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOARGore (Post 14739222)
Actually the numbers are eerily similar.

This ain’t 97 and the game has changed, such a dumbass

Graystoke 01-20-2020 12:16 PM

Baby Ratface gonna get his shit pushed in.

FloridaMan88 01-20-2020 12:17 PM

Good news.

Hopefully they can avoid any injuries during the bye week practices.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid has NO injuries to report, which is ideal.</p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/1219318871838142464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SECNation 01-20-2020 12:18 PM

Good Luck, Andy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14737649)
Well Chiefs vs Packers is what I had hoped for, but that's not happening.

Let's talk about Chiefs vs 49ers here.

A lot of us are pulling for Andy and Patrick

tyecopeland 01-20-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14739995)
Good news.

Hopefully they can avoid any injuries during the bye week practices.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid has NO injuries to report, which is ideal.</p>&mdash; BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/1219318871838142464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Will there be a basketball game break out in south beach?

The Franchise 01-20-2020 12:25 PM

We’re wearing the traditional home uniforms.

Jeff.Fisher 01-20-2020 12:27 PM

Super Bowl will be interesting. The physical 49ers vs the finesse chiefs. Should be fun

RunKC 01-20-2020 12:29 PM

I didn’t see this before. Wow. These guys are going to win this thing for Andy no matter what.

They’re ready to run through a wall for him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid came over to hug Anthony Sherman in the locker room. <br>Reid: &quot;One more.&quot;<br>Sherman: &quot;One more. For you.&quot;<br>Reid: &quot;No, man, for you guys, too.&quot;</p>&mdash; Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) <a href="https://twitter.com/SamMcDowell11/status/1219062571464118272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

JimNasium 01-20-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher (Post 14740021)
Super Bowl will be interesting. The physical 49ers vs the finesse chiefs. Should be fun

We didn’t look like a finesse team yesterday. Why are you still here? Please go away.

staylor26 01-20-2020 12:30 PM

Quote:

“Finesse” LMAO

Sure looked finesse stuffing Queen Henry for 3.6 YPC.

Chris Meck 01-20-2020 12:30 PM

Quote:

I don't think we watched the football game.

RaidersOftheCellar 01-20-2020 12:30 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that the only major difference between this 49ers team and the one that we slapped around last year is a stronger pass rush.

Anyong Bluth 01-20-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 14739627)
I get it. His quote though in no way explains Watkins' up and down performance. I don't know if it's a health issue or an effort issue, it's hard to understand why he's not more consistently a factor in the passing game. With all the doubles Hill and Kelce get....

It's not effort or dedication. The organization and coaches have nothing but glowing things to say about Sammy. He's still a conundrum in terms of flashing talent and turning it into something more consistent.

FloridaMan88 01-20-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

How did this "finesse" play feel yesterday against your supposedly physical team, Jeffy?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Honey Badger don&#39;t care<a href="https://t.co/YlSWvX8hho">pic.twitter.com/YlSWvX8hho</a></p>&mdash; PFF (@PFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1219001777841954817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

smithandrew051 01-20-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 14740034)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that the only major difference between this 49ers team and the one that we slapped around last year is a stronger pass rush.

They have better weapons on their offense this year.

Of course, our defense is vastly improved too.

The Franchise 01-20-2020 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14740028)
I didn’t see this before. Wow. These guys are going to win this thing for Andy no matter what.

They’re ready to run through a wall for him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid came over to hug Anthony Sherman in the locker room. <br>Reid: &quot;One more.&quot;<br>Sherman: &quot;One more. For you.&quot;<br>Reid: &quot;No, man, for you guys, too.&quot;</p>&mdash; Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) <a href="https://twitter.com/SamMcDowell11/status/1219062571464118272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

These guys will not quit until Reid gets his ring and books his ticket to the Hall of Fame.

Shiver Me Timbers 01-20-2020 12:34 PM

I read about 70% of the tickets are split evenly between the two teams.
Do Arrowhead season ticket holders get in on these?
I was on ticket master and see them starting at around 5k. The box seats are 33k each.
I would love to go but I am not paying that.

MOARGore 01-20-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 14739983)
This ain’t 97 and the game has changed, such a dumbass

Yeah, no kidding.

Someone compared us to the '97 Chiefs, and I said we're more like the '97 Broncos.

Same zone-blocking system and same running stats despite different eras.

We're 4th in the NFL in total offense and 2nd in scoring offense. That's not how the '97 Chiefs played.

I remember well because they crushed us at Arrowhead (44-9 IIRC), which has been a house of horrors for us.

ChiTown 01-20-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers (Post 14740042)
I read about 70% of the tickets are split evenly between the two teams.
Do Arrowhead season ticket holders get in on these?
I was on ticket master and see them starting at around 5k. The box seats are 33k each.
I would love to go but I am not paying that.

I want to go badly, but I'm not going without the Fam. That said, I'm not spending $20K on just tickets alone. That's insane............right?

Zebedee DuBois 01-20-2020 12:37 PM

How much of a lead will we give the 49ers before crushing their spirit?

Anyong Bluth 01-20-2020 12:40 PM

People overlook how extraordinary the o-line's pass blocking is. Given injuries, shuffling lineups and cohesion, and that they are mediocre at best and run blocking, it's really under appreciated how good they are.

How long they extend their blocks, maintain gap discipline and know their block responsibilities to let Pat work his magic.

How our line fairs is 1 of the 2 critical parts of the game IMO. The other is smothering their rushing attack & bracketing Kittle. I don't care if they have success as long as you make Jimmy keep throwing the ball and make him throw outside the hashes instead of having his security blanket TE .

The higher the score, the more attempts each QB has, the percentages swing greater & greater in the Chief's favor.

Our secondary is no slouch, and with every additional pass you make Jimmy throw the likelihood of at least one INT goes up.

I love Frank Clark's attitude & Honey Badger's unwavering determination.

By the way, I have heard all the talk about their Dline, but a Clark, Jones, Suggs & Co is no slouch, and I would take TM & Co over Sherman & Co. I don't think their overall secondary is a problem for our receivers. Our LBers are not as good.

MOARGore 01-20-2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14740036)
How did this "finesse" play feel yesterday against your supposedly physical team, Jeffy?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Honey Badger don&#39;t care<a href="https://t.co/YlSWvX8hho">pic.twitter.com/YlSWvX8hho</a></p>&mdash; PFF (@PFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1219001777841954817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nice avatar ;)

O.city 01-20-2020 12:44 PM

The Chiefs bullied the bully yesterday and we're still hearing about how they're finesse and the 9ers are this big physical team.

Meh.

Deebo19 01-20-2020 12:44 PM

Congratulations on getting to the Super Bowl. 49er fan looking for a high scoring, last possession game.

The gist I get from this thread is the 9ers haven't seen or had to deal with a high octane offense like yours before. I mean it's unbelievable and definitely scary.

But I think where fans need to be careful is, we as 49er fans know how explosive your offense is and who your key players are.

On the contrary, I think your fans are underestimating the 49er offense, especially Jimmy. But, without watching every single 49er snap, that's completely understandable.

Everyone says they're going to stop the run, and it was possible during the middle stretch of our season with both our tackles and juice out. We were playing with our 4th and 5th string tackles, plus Kittle was out for a stretch.

Now it's a different story.

Will we have enough firepower? We'll find out, but at this very moment I am very confident, but admit I have no idea who is going to win this game.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01-20-2020 12:46 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Super Bowl We go to the uncomfortable place. <a href="https://t.co/LW8dcwfJ6q">pic.twitter.com/LW8dcwfJ6q</a></p>&mdash; Frank Clark (@TheRealFrankC_) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/1219324737274417152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CasselGotPeedOn 01-20-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Hey remember this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher (Post 14731896)
After 119 pages you guys still dont get it.

And saying the titans knocked you out of the playoffs on the worst call ever sums up why you dont get it.

I wont waste the time to explain it. Maybe tomorrow about 6pm i wont have to. Good luck chiefs fans, next season should be fun

Can you explain to us what exactly we didn't get? Thanks Nostradumbass.

O.city 01-20-2020 12:50 PM

Yeah, Henry was gonna run all over the Chiefs and that defense was gonna smother the Chiefs passing game.

What happened to that?

ChiTown 01-20-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deebo19 (Post 14740071)
Congratulations on getting to the Super Bowl. 49er fan looking for a high scoring, last possession game.

The gist I get from this thread is the 9ers haven't seen or had to deal with a high octane offense like yours before. I mean it's unbelievable and definitely scary.

But I think where fans need to be careful is, we as 49er fans know how explosive your offense is and who your key players are.

On the contrary, I think your fans are underestimating the 49er offense, especially Jimmy. But, without watching every single 49er snap, that's completely understandable.

Everyone says they're going to stop the run, and it was possible during the middle stretch of our season with both our tackles and juice out. We were playing with our 4th and 5th string tackles, plus Kittle was out for a stretch.

Now it's a different story.

Will we have enough firepower? We'll find out, but at this very moment I am very confident, but admit I have no idea who is going to win this game.

https://media.giphy.com/media/zsg9Adj13Dh2E/giphy.gif

We aren't ready to deal with Niner fans yet. We're still disposing of the Titan remnants. Try back later this week.........

duncan_idaho 01-20-2020 12:56 PM

Based on how well the Chiefs have fared against zone defense this year, the 49ers are going to have to win with pressure up front.

KC pass pro has been so excellent since the line got healthy, I think that’s a matchup KC can blunt/limit/control, especially with Mahomes’ excellent escapability.

San Fran seems to do a lot of twists and stunts, which has been a problem spot in the past (seems to be better down the stretch for KC).

Misdirection screen game - to take advantage of the fast pursuit of the 49ers Lb crew - also will probably be critical.

boilertiger 01-20-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 14737798)
They are the scariest team from the NFC for sure.

Fools gold maybe they haven't faced anybody because no team is as good as they think they are

Pundits build teams up but they are usually wrong or just go by what they're use too like you would think AA ron is good but he is over rated this year.

I feel like the Saints were the scariest team but they complete shat themselves.

Niners are damn good too though.

That offense causes all kinds of problems but I am not really a true believer in Jimmy G yet. George Kittle is just a monster and is better than Gronk who completely destroyed us. Defending that beast will be a massive challenge. That being said, iff you are only throwing the ball 8 times in a conference title game then something isn't quite right with your offense.

Mecca 01-20-2020 01:07 PM

I've seen some 49ers fans not thrilled with the matchup because apparently athletic QB's give them problems.

boilertiger 01-20-2020 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14740106)
Based on how well the Chiefs have fared against zone defense this year, the 49ers are going to have to win with pressure up front.

KC pass pro has been so excellent since the line got healthy, I think that’s a matchup KC can blunt/limit/control, especially with Mahomes’ excellent escapability.

San Fran seems to do a lot of twists and stunts, which has been a problem spot in the past (seems to be better down the stretch for KC).

Misdirection screen game - to take advantage of the fast pursuit of the 49ers Lb crew - also will probably be critical.

Outside of injuring 15, The key to beating this Chiefs team is:

1) confuse Mahomes/Reid with multiple defensive game plans.
2) score TD's every time you get the ball.
3) don't turn the ball over.
4) don't punt.

boilertiger 01-20-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14740140)
I've seen some 49ers fans not thrilled with the matchup because apparently athletic QB's give them problems.

No one matches up with this Chiefs team. These are both excellent teams who are worthy of this game. Should be a close game and the team that executes will win by 3-7 points.

MIAdragon 01-20-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

None of them should be thrilled with the match up. We’re going to drag them up and down the field.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-20-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

What are you doing here man :facepalm:

Shouldn’t you be looking into draft prospects, maybe thinking about how the Titans will overcome paying both Tannehill and Henry (they won’t; saved ya some time there), or something along those lines?

This finesse Chiefs team was the more physical group on the field yesterday. Lol!

Of course, I’m not sold that this isn’t Knowmo, in which case you’re really ****ed and have to hide behind another team’s fan base because it’s that bad.

limested 01-20-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boilertiger (Post 14740135)
That being said, iff you are only throwing the ball 8 times in a conference title game then something isn't quite right with your offense.

There was no reason to throw the ball. Why throw when every run is a first down or touch down.

Deberg_1990 01-20-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

They did have problems with Lamar Jackson. And Garrapolo didn’t have a very good game.

splatbass 01-20-2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14737974)
He's an ass eater. Sounds like stuff they do in SF. You know - shit on the street, eat ass, have sex with other men...the San Francisco treat.

I'm guessing you've never been there. It is a beautiful and interesting city and stereotyping it like you do does not reflect the real city.