ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343839)

ROYC75 07-18-2022 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 16372439)
We lost by 8, then lost by 8 again. (Hint hint)

I recall how we lost but a lot of the pundits were predicting a double digit win in the NC game.

I was thinking revenge here! We took Duke down after losing at home to them, also KSU in the conf.tourney. So I was optimistic.

Chief Pagan 07-18-2022 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16371568)
So who are the great teams of 2022 compared to the field if not Kansas?

Maybe we are just arguing definitions. But in my mind, a great team should have at least a 25% of winning it all.

I'm not sure any team in 2022 did. So I would say KU was one of maybe 8 good teams.

But Duke could have been a tough out for Kansas. North Carolina had come on really strong, but probably wasn't as fearsome as Duke. I was worried what the reffing in a Duke final game might be like.

And KU benefited from the other teams injuries, especially the one game drawing a blank at the moment.

Gonzaga could have been trouble with their size.

And KU had been really inconsistent. When things were going great, they could clearly out run and out score anybody. But I didn't feel like they gad a go to guy when things were going poorly.

They didn't have an ice in the veins Mason or Graham.

Yes, Martin finally getting healthy enough really made a difference.

ChiefsFanatic 07-20-2022 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16371342)
Even in 2012 when that team wasn’t very good I viewed that as TRob and Taylor dragging that team through rounds with sheer “**** you.”

2012 team not very good? WTF? Maybe you need to review that season.

They finished 32-7, and went 16-2 in conference play, and were a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament.

They were very good.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

ChiefsFanatic 07-20-2022 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16371356)
They're both different. The 2008 team was/is one of the best teams in college basketball history (beating some other great teams along the way in Davidson, UNC and Memphis) and was super rewarding as a result. It also contained the best moment of all of them (Mario's Miracle). The 2022 team obviously is nowhere near that, but its win/run was about fortuitous as it gets. The improbable nature of it kind of made it arguably more fun.

I want to see a 30 for 30 about the 2008 team, and that NCAA Tournament.

The 2008 Final Four is the only FF in history where all 4 number one seeds made it.

It will probably never happen again, so I think it makes that 2008 Kansas team even more special.

ChiefsFanatic 07-20-2022 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 16372367)
After Archie Marchall went down with a season ending injury, the team struggled and lost 5 in a row.

Not only that, but by the end of the season Brown had to fill the roster with football players because of injuries and other issues. And Clint Normore actually ended up getting minutes in the tournament.

But, and I may be mistaken, we were ranked in the top 10 in the preseason.

Titty Meat 07-24-2022 03:51 PM

https://www.kctv5.com/2022/07/24/cbs...uiting-period/

RustShack 07-24-2022 03:52 PM

Kansas self imposing sanctions on them selves??? Never thought I’d see the day. That means they know they are getting caught unfortunately. We’ll see if the NCAA says that’s enough since they usually don’t come down on blue bloods. Or.. maybe that dildo billay wasn’t wrong this time.

But it probably gets swept under.

BWillie 07-24-2022 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 16379866)
Kansas self imposing sanctions on them selves??? Never thought I’d see the day. That means they know they are getting caught unfortunately. We’ll see if the NCAA says that’s enough since they usually don’t come down on blue bloods. Or.. maybe that dildo billay wasn’t wrong this time.

Ive actually expected a 1-year post season ban now for a while, but Im not a very biased fan.

RustShack 07-24-2022 07:30 PM

I’m pretty disappointed with how quiet this thread is tonight.

KC_Connection 07-24-2022 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 16380052)
I’m pretty disappointed with how quiet this thread is tonight.

What's to talk about really? Unless we know more about the reason behind KU pulling Self off recruiting, there's very little to discuss.

I have my theories (I think, as was rumored several months ago, that KU would absolutely love to have Self/Townsend sit out a year as the primary punishment if they got to play the postseason next season and this decision could be part of that prospective arrangement), but until we get confirmation who knows?

chiefqueen 07-24-2022 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16379987)
Ive actually expected a 1-year post season ban now for a while, but Im not a very biased fan.

I am also expecting a 1-year suspension for Self followed by a 10-15 year "show cause" penalty. Self will be in his 70's before he finishes serving his punishment. I think he has coached his last game at KU,

BigRedChief 07-24-2022 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefqueen (Post 16380133)
I am also expecting a 1-year suspension for Self followed by a 10-15 year "show cause" penalty. Self will be in his 70's before he finishes serving his punishment. I think he has coached his last game at KU,

You are insane. KU just accepts Self never coach again as their best option. LMAO

lawrenceRaider 07-25-2022 07:53 AM

Quote:

Either the absolute worst troll attempt ever, or the stupidest post in the history of mootards.

Mr. Plow 07-25-2022 07:55 AM

Quote:

LMAO

lawrenceRaider 07-25-2022 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 16379866)

The NCAA should be very careful here. Considering all the other shit that came out of the Adidas investigation, including NIKE money getting tossed around, any attempts at coming down hard on KU will end up in a federal court with all the sausage making coming out in the open.

Especially now that it's all legal.

Pablo 07-25-2022 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 16380336)
Either the absolute worst troll attempt ever, or the stupidest post in the history of mootards.

That is the lead water/paint/gasoline addled brain of a boomer on display.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-25-2022 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 16380437)
That is the lead water/paint/gasoline addled brain of a boomer on display.

Def some Independence vibes being portrayed.

smithandrew051 07-25-2022 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 16380344)
The NCAA should be very careful here. Considering all the other shit that came out of the Adidas investigation, including NIKE money getting tossed around, any attempts at coming down hard on KU will end up in a federal court with all the sausage making coming out in the open.

Especially now that it's all legal.

"Judge (Brett) Kavanaugh put out a blistering consenting opinion, which forecasted the court's view of the NCAA and captured the sentiment that the NCAA is more broadly violating fundamental antitrust laws and had broader questions been brought before the court, the NCAA would have been trounced," explains Andrew F. Dana, a partner at the law firm Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP.

Here’s what I’ve always wondered. The SCOTUS didn’t directly rule on NIL, but made it pretty clear that the NCAA was wrong this entire time.

Do they really want to drop the hammer on a school that was a breaking a rule that was illegal anyway? It’s not like a typical change in policy at a company. The NCAA was flat out wrong this entire time. Is it wise to really want to get even with Kansas over this?

Lzen 07-25-2022 10:24 AM

Quote:

Why are you such a drama queen? That will never happen.

Pablo 07-25-2022 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16380525)
"Judge (Brett) Kavanaugh put out a blistering consenting opinion, which forecasted the court's view of the NCAA and captured the sentiment that the NCAA is more broadly violating fundamental antitrust laws and had broader questions been brought before the court, the NCAA would have been trounced," explains Andrew F. Dana, a partner at the law firm Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP.

Here’s what I’ve always wondered. The SCOTUS didn’t directly rule on NIL, but made it pretty clear that the NCAA was wrong this entire time.

Do they really want to drop the hammer on a school that was a breaking a rule that was illegal anyway? It’s not like a typical change in policy at a company. The NCAA was flat out wrong this entire time. Is it wise to really want to get even with Kansas over this?

What's important here is mutt and corn fans want to see Kansas pay the price for having that oz of weed on them before it became legal. We all know it's kosher nowadays but if you had a fat sack of sticky on you in 2017 you got locked the **** up!!

sedated 07-25-2022 03:41 PM

Gary Parrish in 810 made some interesting points. Nothing is likely imminent since KU hasn't had their hearing yet, and even after that it generally takes a bit of time. So if they have that soon there might be something definitive by the end of the season. The IARP has moved more from just punishment to being more of a plea bargain situation where they work with programs to come up with compromises. They have also moved more away from punishing people not involved in the original issue, i.e. post-season bans (see NC State), so if KU realized that they are not facing a post-season ban they might have been more willing to work with them and get this all over with.

RustShack 07-26-2022 06:20 PM

Not a bad class so far. First 5* in the 247 era. #1 and #4 recruit in school history in it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYocFNKW...jpg&name=large

Pablo 07-26-2022 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 16382719)
Not a bad class so far. First 5* in the 247 era.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYocFNKW...jpg&name=large

I'm happy for you. It will be nice when he has a standout freshman year and then transfers to KU!

RustShack 07-26-2022 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 16382720)
I'm happy for you. It will be nice when he has a standout freshman year and then transfers to KU!

After the Peach Jam this last weekend apparently NBA scouts said he just needs to show some ability on offense. Which he has another year of HS too. But basically he just needs to average 8 points a game and he’s one and done. They said there isn’t a single recruit in this class that comes close to his ability on defense.

Which is probably why he picked the Cyclones, last year the thought was we didn’t have a chance then our new HC somehow turned a 2-22 team into a dominant team on defense and made the sweet 16.

Also I’ve heard Kansas wasn’t overly interested in him(heard that a few months ago), just the limitations on offense or any insight on that?

Pablo 07-26-2022 06:55 PM

lol no I don’t know anything about the kid. I’m just trolling. Hope he’s fun to watch for you all

Prison Bitch 07-26-2022 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 16382720)

Tbh if Self ever left, Otzenberger would be on the short list of maybe 6-7 candidates we’d call

BWillie 07-26-2022 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 16382750)
Tbh if Self ever left, Otzenberger would be on the short list of maybe 6-7 candidates we’d call

No. No he wouldn't.

Not yet.

RustShack 07-28-2022 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 16382750)

Could be, probably wouldn’t go though. This is his fourth job in Ames and his wife was an Iowa State basketball player.

Buehler445 07-28-2022 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 16385490)
Could be, probably wouldn’t go though. This is his fourth job in Ames and his wife was an Iowa State basketball player.

:spock:

For real? So was Hoiberg. They called him the mayor for ****s sake.

RustShack 07-28-2022 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16385816)
:spock:

For real? So was Hoiberg. They called him the mayor for ****s sake.

Taking his dream job in the NBA is a little different than going to another college.

cmh6476 08-02-2022 02:18 PM

We just got back from Maui on a honeymoon and had a blast. I'll probably renew my season tix again next year, and may try and go on the Maui Invitational tour in November of 2023. I assume they'll have an option that includes flights, hotel, game tix and transportation to and from the events. I know we weren't ready to leave the island, and would definitely be up for an adventure back.

cmh6476 08-02-2022 05:56 PM

Chris Johnson doesn't care about the bogus ncaa bs

https://247sports.com/player/chris-johnson-46104194/

BWillie 08-02-2022 06:02 PM

Chris Johnson recruiting rankings (2023)
Rivals #55
247 Sports #30
ESPN #24

smithandrew051 08-02-2022 06:33 PM

We won the championship

Mr. Plow 08-03-2022 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 16392557)
Chris Johnson doesn't care about the bogus ncaa bs

https://247sports.com/player/chris-johnson-46104194/

It's unfortunate for Johnson that, according to chiefqueen's brilliant insight, Bill Self has coached his last game at KU.

RaidersOftheCellar 08-03-2022 07:51 AM

Looks like a player.

lawrenceRaider 08-03-2022 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 16385490)

Sorry bro, but no one is staying at ISU if KU calls.

Prison Bitch 08-03-2022 09:06 AM

The ncaa investigation led to KUs best five year stretch in program history

We should send them a thank you letter

Lzen 08-03-2022 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 16393059)
It's unfortunate for Johnson that, according to chiefqueen's brilliant insight, Bill Self has coached his last game at KU.

ROFL

cmh6476 09-03-2022 09:31 AM

This isn't where we talk about the undefeated football team, is it?

MarkDavis'Haircut 09-03-2022 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 16393149)

I always laugh when fans of smaller programs do the whole he likes it here, he is different routine.

Fansy the Famous Bard 09-03-2022 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 16442928)

Probably not. That being said - was extremely good to see the talent level improving. There is enough talent there to compete with the bottom half of the BigXII. Doesnt mean they will win very many, if any. But the talent level across the board is DRAMATICALLY improving. They looked like a passable D1 team last night. As opposed to being.... well Tennessee Tech playing in the BigXII.

Kiimo 09-03-2022 10:14 AM

Sure sure, it was against an inferior cupcake first game team so dominating them is expected.

The problem is that KU was losing those games the past few years. Holding them to 100 total yard and thoroughly dominating is quite the welcome change and I'm excited for the next one!

lawrenceRaider 09-03-2022 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 16442963)
Sure sure, it was against an inferior cupcake first game team so dominating them is expected.

The problem is that KU was losing those games the past few years. Holding them to 100 total yard and thoroughly dominating is quite the welcome change and I'm excited for the next one!

Well, we were only favored by 30. Won by 46.

Al Czervik 09-03-2022 10:49 AM

HCLL is the real deal. The guy knows how to build a football team. None of the HC's after Mangino knew how to do that. I really liked how aggressive the defense was last night. Attacking all the time. Phelps was a beast. Daniels was good save for the INT.
They have some studs at RB. Should be a fun team to watch. If they win 4+ games this year, it will be considered a success and good foundation going forward.

Bout ****ing time too.....

Kiimo 09-03-2022 10:56 AM

Imagining a junior Todd Reesing on this team.

Mr. Plow 09-03-2022 11:15 AM

Quote:

It's certainly not where Nebraska talks about their undefeated football season.

Kiimo 09-03-2022 11:27 AM

Since KU basketball is the National Champion and our football team is undefeated I'm trying to remember how long it has been since we lost.

TCU last March?

Chief Pagan 09-03-2022 12:18 PM

Quote:

As long as the football team is undefeated, you can talk about them.

I'll allow it.

lawrenceRaider 09-04-2022 07:15 AM

Quote:

The 56 points were the most scored by KU at home since the Jayhawks defeated Nebraska, 76-39, on Nov. 3, 2007.
https://sports.yahoo.com/grades-ku-j...171218205.html

DrunkBassGuitar 09-04-2022 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 16443720)

lol W was still president the last time we were any good in football.

if by some miracle this team goes 500, they'll put a statue up of Leipold

Buehler445 09-04-2022 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 16443720)

That game will always be one of my favorites.

I started at Cabela’s in July 2007. And even though it was all the way across the state, I’d say 75% of the employees were rabid Husker fans, certainly 100% of the noisy people about it. So the gals in my office were giving me shit because I hadn’t hung anything up in my cube. So l, because I’m a smart ass I had a box near the top that had a KU hat in it. I hung it up in the cube.

So I’m taking a pile of shit from everybody, which I’m good for. Until the CFO, who was a mountain of a mother****er who was invariably angry, walks by my cube. Stops. Comes back, and says “what the hell is this?” “Uhhh big basketball fan”. He grumbles some shit and walks off. I was like well, at least I don’t have to pack much shit out of my cube. ROFL.

Didn’t get fired. And these mother****ers are ON IT. Callahan is going to fix the offense with some Arizona State mother****er and watch out for the vaunted BLACK SHIRTS, they’re coming for you. I mean, they were all in. I probably ran across maybe 2 dudes that were like, we’ll see. So meanwhile, while they’re driving to Lincoln for pep rally’s and shit they’re stacking it on me. How can you like KU? FOOTBALL RULES. I was a pretty decent sport about it. But these guys (and a shitload of gals) we’re all over this and I heard about it.

So they blow the doors off some swag and blind school. And the shot is at a fever pitch. I’m ****ing telling you, Friday at 4:00, mother****ers we’re headed down I80. Then the wheels fall off and I hear less about it. Then the KU game comes along and it picks back up. Get right game and we need to get back on track this week and blah blah blah. SURELY they’ll house Kansas.

Then they put it on them for a RECORD amount of points. The look on their faces was all time great. ALL ****ING TIME man. I didn’t say a word to anybody, even though they all expected it. Someone asked me later in the day, “you’re not going to talk any shit? Like nothing?” I responded with, “what’s left to say?” Savage destruction.

Radio silence the rest of my time there. A few of the hardcore sports guys reached out and congratulated me when KU won the Orange Bowl and later the Championship, but Callahan broke that fan base man. Hard. I’ve never seen anything like it.

I’ll always remember that game. I had it on at the house and was laughing hysterically every time they’d score ANOTHER TD.

It was great.

lawrenceRaider 09-04-2022 09:00 AM

It is almost enough for me to forgive Callahan for the bullshit game plan he put in against Tampa in the superbowl. Almost.

Buehler445 09-04-2022 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 16443746)
lol W was still president the last time we were any good in football.

if by some miracle this team goes 500, they'll put a statue up of Leipold

It's the curse of Fatgino man, you don't up and fire a coach that has success at a basketball school because he isn't nice to boosters. This is what you get.

If Leipold builds something here, mother****ers better give his ass a wide ****ing berth and let him overstay his welcome by at least 50% before they pull the plug on him.

We don't need another 15 (probably 15+) year curse.

DJay23 09-04-2022 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16443831)
It's the curse of Fatgino man, you don't up and fire a coach that has success at a basketball school because he isn't nice to boosters. This is what you get.

If Leipold builds something here, mother****ers better give his ass a wide ****ing berth and let him overstay his welcome by at least 50% before they pull the plug on him.

I'm just hoping he would want to hang around if a bigger fish came calling.

smithandrew051 09-04-2022 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 16443844)
I'm just hoping he would want to hang around if a bigger fish came calling.

Leipold is already almost 60, so he isn’t a young up and comer.

I think there’s a good chance that this is his last stop.

smithandrew051 09-04-2022 09:49 AM

We are under 2 months away from the exhibition game against Pitt State.

A little under a month and half away from Late Night.

I was there for the 2008-2009 Late Night. Seeing the banner be revealed is incredible in person. If you can go this year, I highly recommend it.

DrunkBassGuitar 09-04-2022 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16443831)

yeah I was completely confused by his firing and tbh still kind of am. I was a student at the time so I was thinking well maybe we'll be okay and I remember having conversations at parties about Turner Gill "still being able to turn it around this season" lol

Going to the Fatgino era games was fun but my fiancee was always afraid he was going to just keel over on the sidelines so I always had to reassure her that he probably wouldn't die during a home game

smithandrew051 09-04-2022 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 16443899)
yeah I was completely confused by his firing and tbh still kind of am. I was a student at the time so I was thinking well maybe we'll be okay and I remember having conversations at parties about Turner Gill "still being able to turn it around this season" lol

Going to the Fatgino era games was fun but my fiancee was always afraid he was going to just keel over on the sidelines so I always had to reassure her that he probably wouldn't die during a home game

There were a lot of rumors floating around about trouble that Mangino had caused around campus and Lawrence in general.

I remember hearing he went to a cigar shop and demanded to get them for free. He threw a fit and had to be hauled out. No idea if it’s true or not, but those stories were out there.

ArrowHeader 09-04-2022 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16443925)
There were a lot of rumors floating around about trouble that Mangino had caused around campus and Lawrence in general.

I remember hearing he went to a cigar shop and demanded to get them for free. He threw a fit and had to be hauled out. No idea if it’s true or not, but those stories were out there.

That’s just ridiculous. Silly

lawrenceRaider 09-04-2022 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16443925)

Meh, if that shit were true, it would have come out of the woodwork once they fired him.

Mangino was an abrasive asshole no doubt.

cmh6476 09-04-2022 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16443868)
We are under 2 months away from the exhibition game against Pitt State.

A little under a month and half away from Late Night.

I was there for the 2008-2009 Late Night. Seeing the banner be revealed is incredible in person. If you can go this year, I highly recommend it.

how dang early would you need to get there to get in this year? I'm over an hour away, so would hate to drive down and not get in.

KC_Connection 09-04-2022 11:43 AM

I was in Lawrence at the time that all happened re Mangino and all of it honestly just felt like a massive smear campaign meant to justify what was otherwise a ridiculous football decision because some powerful people didn't like him.

smithandrew051 09-04-2022 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 16443990)
I was in Lawrence at the time that all happened re Mangino and all of it honestly just felt like a massive smear campaign meant to justify what was otherwise a ridiculous football decision because some powerful people didn't like him.

That’s pretty much where I was going. As soon as they were about to fire him, all of these terrible stories started coming out.

I always though the accusations from the players were oddly timed as well.

Imon Yourside 09-04-2022 12:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16444010)
That’s pretty much where I was going. As soon as they were about to fire him, all of these terrible stories started coming out.

Yup, still baffling what they did to him.

Buehler445 09-04-2022 12:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I used to think that, but he never caught on anywhere. I mean, STEVE ****ING SARKESIAN and LANE TWAT WAFFLE KIFFIN are still getting jobs. If a guy can win at Kansas of all places, he'd get a better look than an OC at Iowa State.

I figure there was some insider smoke there. Maybe it's bullshit spread KU big wheels, but I'd think if it was bullshit, someone would have figured it out and given him a shot.

That's 100% speculation, and I may be way off, but that's the way I see it.

Titty Meat 09-04-2022 12:47 PM

Quote:

He got kicked out of his son's high school game the guy was absolutely an asshole. He got fired for abuse around the same time Leavitt/Leach also got fired. He also lost 7 in a row that last season because teams adjusted to the spread. He would have been done regardless.

RustShack 09-04-2022 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 16393149)

I’ve heard the same thing about Matt Campbell for the last five years. They call, he stays.

Kiimo 09-04-2022 02:35 PM

It's true that boosters didn't like him, especially powerful ones which I won't name.

But I never heard that about the cigars, it was that he was slapping players in the face in practices.

The guy is cut from the same mold as Todd Haley which shouldn't really surprise anyone considering they're from the same area.

RaidersOftheCellar 09-04-2022 03:15 PM

Quote:

Yeah, that was pretty obvious.

Talk about a backfire. Idiots.

KC_Connection 09-04-2022 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16444036)
I used to think that, but he never caught on anywhere. I mean, STEVE ****ING SARKESIAN and LANE TWAT WAFFLE KIFFIN are still getting jobs. If a guy can win at Kansas of all places, he'd get a better look than an OC at Iowa State.

I figure there was some insider smoke there. Maybe it's bullshit spread KU big wheels, but I'd think if it was bullshit, someone would have figured it out and given him a shot.

That's 100% speculation, and I may be way off, but that's the way I see it.

That has a lot to do with Sarkisian and Kiffin's connections in the sport.

I'd absolutely assume Mangino was a massive asshole based on what's happened to him (both during his firing and after the fact) that made few real friends along the way to getting that job at KU. But I don't think there's any doubt about the kind of job he did at KU.

smithandrew051 09-04-2022 03:58 PM

Back on topic though, I’m really excited for this season. Love this squad. Tons of talent and depth. The 5 is the only question mark, but I’m sure someone will emerge.

I think this is easily a top 5 team in the nation. Likely Big 12 Champs. Absolutely a Final Four contender.

If we make a run, you have to like having guys like Harris and Wilson. They’ve been there before.

lawrenceRaider 09-04-2022 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 16444082)
I’ve heard the same thing about Matt Campbell for the last five years. They call, he stays.

Who?

Prison Bitch 09-04-2022 09:17 PM

Quote:

I was told Sweet Lew was an avowed liberal who was on the ncaa board for “diversity” and even won an award for it
https://kuathletics.com/022307aaa-879/

I was also told he was dying for a chance to hire a minority to coach KU and looked for reasons to can FatMan. Since we know who he hired, the shoe fits

SithCeNtZ 09-05-2022 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 16444173)
Yeah, that was pretty obvious.

Talk about a backfire. Idiots.

There isn't really any evidence that there was a backfire. Yes, things went downhill quickly with Gill, but the love for Mangino and the 2008 run seems to completely blind people to where the program was after that. He got fired in a season we lost 7 in a row, and while I'm not going to defend Gill and say none of it was his fault, he wasn't exactly given a ton to work with. Mangino had whiffed big time on the recruiting classes post orange bowl which should have set the program up for long term stability to at least be a bowl team. Once Reesing and Briscoe and those guys left, who was left to replace them? We didn't go from Orange Bowl winner to 1 win program just because we hired Gill. If Mangino didn't get fired for whatever reason that season, there isnt any reason to believe he would have navigated the team to a better record than the couple of wins we got with Gill. That probably would have got him fired for pure performance and nothing about the state of the program would be any different.

cmh6476 09-05-2022 09:32 AM

Bout to go draft with a bunch of mizzou friends. Wearing my 2008 orange bowl hat and 2022 ncaa championship t-shirt. They'll love that.

smithandrew051 09-05-2022 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 16444860)
Bout to go draft with a bunch of mizzou friends. Wearing my 2008 orange bowl hat and 2022 ncaa championship t-shirt. They'll love that.

You need a Nation Champion Thread Starter shirt

cmh6476 09-07-2022 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16444864)
You need a Nation Champion Thread Starter shirt

how do I get one of those?

Game time drop ⏰
Kansas vs. Duke ∙ 8:30 PM CT
November 15 ∙ Indianapolis ∙ ESPN

lawrenceRaider 09-08-2022 10:52 AM

Jamari F'n Traylor.

<iframe id="reddit-embed" src="https://www.redditmedia.com/r/CollegeBasketball/comments/x90qkf/kus_jamari_traylor_cuts_his_elbow_on_the_rim_from/?ref_source=embed&amp;ref=share&amp;embed=true" sandbox="allow-scripts allow-same-origin allow-popups" style="border: none;" scrolling="no" width="640" height="504"></iframe>

Al Czervik 09-08-2022 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 16448960)
Jamari F'n Traylor.

<iframe id="reddit-embed" src="https://www.redditmedia.com/r/CollegeBasketball/comments/x90qkf/kus_jamari_traylor_cuts_his_elbow_on_the_rim_from/?ref_source=embed&amp;ref=share&amp;embed=true" sandbox="allow-scripts allow-same-origin allow-popups" style="border: none;" scrolling="no" width="640" height="504"></iframe>

LMAO
Selden dancing down the court after the dunk