ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Are the Bills overhyped? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345053)

PunkinDrublic 09-09-2022 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 16451714)
I remember the Bills coming to Arrowhead and beating the Chiefs in almost identical fashion in week 5. Didn't really mean shit in the end.

Yep, they’re really good at getting up for these statement games meanwhile they end up getting punked at home by the likes of Indy and NE. There’s a reason why they had to come to arrowhead in the playoffs.

JPH83 09-09-2022 04:13 PM

Yeah they're good, with a much easier schedule. They'll still probably have to come through us though so we'll see.

Bump 09-09-2022 04:31 PM

completely forgot about TNF, looks like they were pretty good

Bob Dole 09-09-2022 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 16451819)
completely forgot about TNF, looks like they were pretty good

I'm not sure why the NFL doesn't just name them 2022 NFL Champs and call every remaining game this season a exhibition.

1COOLDOG 09-09-2022 05:09 PM

NnnnnnnnnOPE!

Bowser 09-09-2022 05:18 PM

Are the <strike>Bills</strike> Rams overhyped? Yes. Yes indeed.

Heard a nice little quip on the radio today - one team had an unstoppable wide receiver, and one team had an unstoppable quarterback. Which team won by 21? Oh, and good luck this year, Tyreek.

Heh

Pasta Little Brioni 09-09-2022 08:17 PM

Stafford isn't right. That's the biggest takeaway.

Quesadilla Joe 09-09-2022 08:41 PM

Seeing them obliterate the Broncos’ #2s in the preseason should’ve given you a hint that they’re for real.

crayzkirk 09-09-2022 09:17 PM

The Bills are good; the fact that they don't have to play the AFC West greatly increases their chances to be the #1 seed. The AFC East has one good quarterback and a coach that is good at making young quarterbacks look bad. Back when Marino, Kelly and Eason played it was tough. There's been only one good team in the AFC East for the past thirty years. It's the Bills turn to dominate until the other teams get a real quarterback.

Stryker 09-09-2022 09:57 PM

No, Bills are for real. You do not march into the SB Champions house and proceed to destroy them on their home field. The Bills are for real. Seven sacks and 3 INT's? Yeah, they killed the Rams. Glad the Bills D is on my FFT!

Stryker 09-09-2022 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 16444241)
The early books have Buffalo favored in every single game, including on the road vs the defending champs. Also in Arrowhead, @ Baltimore and @ Cincinnati.

Last year they went 11-6 vs a very weak schedule. Undoubtedly a weaker schedule than they’ll face this year.

Does adding a past his prime Von Miller, a rookie CB with potential, a decent guard and a decent receiver add up to an unstoppable force?

First TD G Davis. First Sack, Von Miller - past his prime? Not according to him.
Hate to say it but Bills beware. They are for real. Only injuries will slow that team down and I do not wish for that - hate anytime a player is injured no matter the team.

PAChiefsGuy 09-09-2022 10:36 PM

Lol. Why are so many on here scared of the Bills? It's a long season. Mahomes isn't Stafford and this Rams team isn't the same one that won the SB last season.

Stryker 09-09-2022 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 16452146)
Lol. Why are so many on here scared of the Bills? It's a long season. Mahomes isn't Stafford and this Rams team isn't the same one that won the SB last season.

Scared isn't the word - mindful is. Yes, Stafford has an elbow issue but good lord man did you watch the game? Of course i LOVE our beloved CHIEFS! CHIEFS or DIE! I am always in on our team but you need to recognize the competition at all times. Nothing wrong with that. The Rams straight up got PAWNED! by a superior Bills team last night.

Brody Wa 09-09-2022 11:46 PM

We’ll take them in the playoffs no problem. Their win against the Rams doesn’t prove Jack shit. Based on the game last night, I don’t see the Rams being a play off team.

Titty Meat 09-10-2022 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 16451761)
If Stafford didn't Stafford they would have beat Buffalo easily.

Guess you missed the Josh Allen playing QB part

Pasta Little Brioni 09-10-2022 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe (Post 16452083)
Seeing them obliterate the Broncos’ #2s in the preseason should’ve given you a hint that they’re for real.

Denver's starters have so many holes, so ya that 2nd string is shit

ThyKingdomCome15 09-10-2022 12:46 AM

Bills are legit but the Chiefs are for real.

ThyKingdomCome15 09-10-2022 12:47 AM

Bills are legit but the Chiefs are for real.

JPH83 09-10-2022 01:45 AM

They probably have the best roster top to bottom if we're honest, it's just the areas we have them are kinda the most important. I reckon the better units are:

Chiefs - OL slightly (IOL a lot), TE, LB, QB, Coach.
Bills - RB, WR, DL, secondary

A couple of their strengths rely on relative weaknesses. Our RBs are worse but they can probably expect better OL play to open up holes. Their WRs are better imo but Mahomes should even that up.

A couple of other strengths are on the assumption our rookies aren't lights out, or at least not straight away. If Cook, McDuffie and Williams step up and Fenton and Sneed improve or are steady, who knows how close the CBs and S are by the end of the year? Bills definitely have a continuity advantage.

The biggest issue they have though is where we are better really matters, QB and HC. You'd hope and expect that overcomes a lot of growing pains and roster churn.

O.city 09-10-2022 06:21 AM

They’re really good.

The chiefs should be really good

It’s ok for both to be the case

TEX 09-10-2022 07:20 AM

Quote:

Denver is a last place team for a reason. The pre season ass whipping the Bills gave them proves nothing about the Bills, but does illustrate how much last place Denver blows and how void of depth they are.

RaidersOftheCellar 09-10-2022 07:31 AM

Quote:

We’ve grown accustomed to seeing Denver get obliterated.

PHOG 09-10-2022 08:55 AM

Quote:

Seeing how LA played after not playing any starters in the pre-season, should give a donkeys fan pause.

tmax63 09-10-2022 09:31 AM

And that's not counting a new coaching staff and QB that has to mesh together. But I do think they beat Seattle at Seattle monday. Seattle is that bad.

Bowser 09-10-2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

LMAO

RaidersOftheCellar 09-10-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmax63 (Post 16452347)
And that's not counting a new coaching staff and QB that has to mesh together. But I do think they beat Seattle at Seattle monday. Seattle is that bad.

Being a road game in a hostile environment, and a rusty QB playing his first game in a new offense, I won’t be at all surprised if Seattle wins. And the meltdown would be hilarious. Those clowns all think they’re going to breeze to a 30 point win.

CasselGotPeedOn 09-10-2022 11:45 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I really believe if Josh Allen wins MVP this year the Bills will only lose to Kansas City in the playoffs by a field goal instead of a touchdown.</p>&mdash; Barry (@BarryOnHere) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarryOnHere/status/1568218154785980416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 9, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mr. Plow 09-10-2022 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16452352)
LMAO

Only a few more weeks until he leaves the board for the rest of the season.

Coochie liquor 09-10-2022 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16451142)
I love that this post gets downvoted into eternity but we just saw the Bills dump all over the Rams, a flawed but very good team. Honestly the Bills could have dropped 45 if they'd gotten out of their own way in the first half.

Regardless, we'll see how the Chiefs look this Sunday and who the better team is in January, but right now the Bills sure look like the league's best.

Easy to look like the league’s best, when only 2 teams have played yet!

UChieffyBugger 09-10-2022 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPH83 (Post 16452209)
They probably have the best roster top to bottom if we're honest, it's just the areas we have them are kinda the most important. I reckon the better units are:

Chiefs - OL slightly (IOL a lot), TE, LB, QB, Coach.
Bills - RB, WR, DL, secondary

A couple of their strengths rely on relative weaknesses. Our RBs are worse but they can probably expect better OL play to open up holes. Their WRs are better imo but Mahomes should even that up.

A couple of other strengths are on the assumption our rookies aren't lights out, or at least not straight away. If Cook, McDuffie and Williams step up and Fenton and Sneed improve or are steady, who knows how close the CBs and S are by the end of the year? Bills definitely have a continuity advantage.

The biggest issue they have though is where we are better really matters, QB and HC. You'd hope and expect that overcomes a lot of growing pains and roster churn.

Our RB's are "worse"? Wtf? LMAO And I eon't compare DL until I see our DL in action thank you.

Pitt Gorilla 09-11-2022 07:33 PM

Chiefs are better. Period.

Coochie liquor 09-11-2022 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 16456771)
Chiefs are better. Period.

Shhhh…. Erection has already penciled the Bills into the SB.

Hammock Parties 09-20-2022 09:35 PM

hard to hate the bills

they are us, just with less trophies LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The roar of the crowd finishing his quote was a top 5 experience I’ve ever had at the stadium. Chills. <a href="https://t.co/rCJKfxBz4h">pic.twitter.com/rCJKfxBz4h</a></p>&mdash; Jord (@Lord_of_Jord) <a href="https://twitter.com/Lord_of_Jord/status/1572248917827280904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 20, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KChiefs1 09-20-2022 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16478648)
hard to hate the bills

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The roar of the crowd finishing his quote was a top 5 experience I’ve ever had at the stadium. Chills. <a href="https://t.co/rCJKfxBz4h">pic.twitter.com/rCJKfxBz4h</a></p>— Jord (@Lord_of_Jord) <a href="https://twitter.com/Lord_of_Jord/status/1572248917827280904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 20, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That’s cool.

If the Chiefs can’t win the Super Bowl, I hope it’s the Bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock Parties 09-20-2022 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 16478649)
That’s cool.

If the Chiefs can’t win the Super Bowl, I hope it’s the Bills.

depends if the league ****s the chiefs over to get them there

but probably

Rain Man 09-20-2022 09:40 PM

Quote:

hard to hate the bills

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The roar of the crowd finishing his quote was a top 5 experience I’ve ever had at the stadium. Chills. <a href="https://t.co/rCJKfxBz4h">pic.twitter.com/rCJKfxBz4h</a></p>&mdash; Jord (@Lord_of_Jord) <a href="https://twitter.com/Lord_of_Jord/status/1572248917827280904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 20, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why is our former coach wearing a Bills jersey? That's just wrong.

RaidersOftheCellar 09-21-2022 02:59 AM

Now the Bills are definitely overhyped. “Unstoppable juggernaut” and by far the best team in the NFL after two games!

Because the Rams and Titans are clearly the same teams as last year. Despite the fact that the Titans lost at home to the Giants and the Rams almost lost at home to the Falcons.

JPH83 09-21-2022 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 16453115)
Our RB's are "worse"? Wtf? LMAO And I eon't compare DL until I see our DL in action thank you.

Yeah you're probably right on reflection. I don't think there's much in it. I liked Cook as a draft pick for them but that was a rough welcome to the NFL.

Obviously who knows on the DL, but they are definitely better and deeper at DE.

boilertiger 09-21-2022 04:26 AM

I think the defense is overhyped and Allen isnt perfect. They are the best team in the NFL as of right now but they have flaws.

Its a good defense, it is not an ELITE defense. Not many difference makers or game wreckers. Just a bunch of solid players.

Rasputin 09-21-2022 04:35 AM

I hate bills why would anyone name their team after paying bills? **** bills now I'm going have a new bill to pay for a new used vehicle I'm getting and it's easier get a loan for over 15k than it is easier to get a loan under 15k. The auto industry ****ing blows and bends customers over so they can get something expensive instead of what they can afford for shorter time. ****ing horse shit. **** bills and **** the bills what a stupid ****ing name and bills mafia I hope they all break their necks jumping onto tables.

notorious 09-21-2022 06:52 AM

They came out of the gates last season with their hair on fire.

They are the best team in the league right now, it's hard to argue. One game in the playoffs can end an amazing run. Been there done that.

DrunkBassGuitar 09-21-2022 06:56 AM

the buffalo automobills

DJ's left nut 09-21-2022 07:09 AM

Quote:

hard to hate the bills

Yup - just can't bring myself to dislike them.

And I was a Josh Allen stan the year before he entered the draft (I actually thought he might leave early). They're all likeable enough guys. And their fans aren't dicks - they're just insane. I'd like to feel the opposition says the same thing about us.

They take pride in their scars and 'Bills Mafia' is akin to Chiefs Kingdom in a lot of ways. I can't hate them - just respect them.

But man - Marv Levy is dead and his brain just hasn't told his body yet. Yikes.

Lzen 09-21-2022 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16478817)
Yup - just can't bring myself to dislike them.

And I was a Josh Allen stan the year before he entered the draft (I actually thought he might leave early). They're all likeable enough guys. And their fans aren't dicks - they're just insane. I'd like to feel the opposition says the same thing about us.

They take pride in their scars and 'Bills Mafia' is akin to Chiefs Kingdom in a lot of ways. I can't hate them - just respect them.

But man - Marv Levy is dead and his brain just hasn't told his body yet. Yikes.

Yeah, I want to agree with this. However, dealing with Bills fans at Arrowhead last year made me not like their fanbase. Bunch of jerkoffs.

Lzen 09-21-2022 07:21 AM

And man, Marv is soooo old. Heck, the guy looked old back in the early 90s when he was coaching the Bills. How is this man still alive?

htismaqe 09-21-2022 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16478817)

Jesus dude. They jump through flaming tables and finger buttholes during games. It’s not insane, it’s just ****ing stupid.

htismaqe 09-21-2022 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 16478829)
Yeah, I want to agree with this. However, dealing with Bills fans at Arrowhead last year made me not like their fanbase. Bunch of jerkoffs.

They throw dildos for God’s sake…

Best22 09-21-2022 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 16478831)
And man, Marv is soooo old. Heck, the guy looked old back in the early 90s when he was coaching the Bills. How is this man still alive?

He’s 97

dirk digler 09-21-2022 07:28 AM

Currently they are the best team in the league IMO and watching their offense I am struck by how wide open their receivers get. What are we not doing that they are outside of maybe better talent since they have Diggs.

DRM08 09-21-2022 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 16478829)

Buffalo fans are jerks.

htismaqe 09-21-2022 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 16478868)
Buffalo fans are jerks.

Yep.

The team is likeable and you gotta have respect for them, they’re not dirty like some teams.

But the fans are the opposite of class. Loathsome, they are.

Sassy Squatch 09-21-2022 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 16478868)
Buffalo fans are jerks.

LMAO We became just as insufferable as they have when we found success.

Sassy Squatch 09-21-2022 07:45 AM

Like, you have to be in a bubble or just don't interact with any other fans whatsoever if you haven't picked up on their perspective of how ****ing shit we are. We vehemently defend scumbags in the organization, booed Mahomes moment of unity against racism, and for the most part have transformed into disingenuously smug pieces of shit when talking about our team. At least the Bills have that bit of charm when they are going batshit insane for their team.

DJ's left nut 09-21-2022 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 16478831)

He looked old in the 70s when he was coaching the Chiefs.

Does this look like a guy that would be around 4 decades later?

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...17?s=2048x2048

DJ's left nut 09-21-2022 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16478836)
They throw dildos for God’s sake…

At Tom Brady.

htismaqe 09-21-2022 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16478891)
At Tom Brady.

True.

crispystl 09-21-2022 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16478891)
At Tom Brady.

Vindicated!

old_geezer 09-21-2022 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 16478846)
Currently they are the best team in the league IMO and watching their offense I am struck by how wide open their receivers get. What are we not doing that they are outside of maybe better talent since they have Diggs.

That's what good WR's can do. I'll take Diggs and Davis over any of the Jags we currently have at WR. Let's face it, our WRs don't scare anybody right now. Average across the board at best.

Molitoth 09-21-2022 08:07 AM

As much as I hate to say it, I think this is the Bills year. They will win the SuperBowl.

notorious 09-21-2022 08:10 AM

Bills fans are as close to Chiefs fans as any other fan base in the NFL. (Well, there is one other, but you guys would draw and quarter me for mentioning them).

DJ's left nut 09-21-2022 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 16478929)
As much as I hate to say it, I think this is the Bills year. They will win the SuperBowl.

As much as the league seemed to smell blood in the water, it seems from my chair like the window for the AFC is reeeeal small. If some of these teams don't get us this season, it's only going to get harder for them going forward.

The last two drafts loaded this defense with young talent. The offense is clearly in a transition phase and will get a fair amount of attention in the next 2 seasons, IMO.

Granted, Kelce's on the back half and he changes things a lot for us, but the next era of Mahomes career is upon us and if teams don't catch us when we're in between, they're going to regret it.

Like you, I think the Bills are the presumptive favorites, but as has been the case in the entire Mahomes era - we have PMII and you don't. That gives us a punchers chance against anyone.

htismaqe 09-21-2022 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16478943)
As much as the league seemed to smell blood in the water, it seems from my chair like the window for the AFC is reeeeal small. If some of these teams don't get us this season, it's only going to get harder for them going forward.

The last two drafts loaded this defense with young talent. The offense is clearly in a transition phase and will get a fair amount of attention in the next 2 seasons, IMO.

Granted, Kelce's on the back half and he changes things a lot for us, but the next era of Mahomes career is upon us and if teams don't catch us when we're in between, they're going to regret it.

Like you, I think the Bills are the presumptive favorites, but as has been the case in the entire Mahomes era - we have PMII and you don't. That gives us a punchers chance against anyone.

This.

O.city 09-21-2022 08:14 AM

Chiefs offense will be humming by the bye IMO.

crispystl 09-21-2022 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16478946)
This.

If this year's team played last year's who would win?

I think this team is better overall, but obviously the AFC is too.

DJ's left nut 09-21-2022 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16478947)
Chiefs offense will be humming by the bye IMO.

I really think they need to get their backs heavily involved in the passing game. Not just route tree sort of routes, but interior screens, etc...

I just don't see the athleticism I need to see with the WRs. So try to get teams to work more attention into the box w/ arrow routes and screen passes. If Brown is going to struggle with speed rushers, then attack that side with screens and quick passes to the flat that go right at that rush.

O.city 09-21-2022 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16478964)
I really think they need to get their backs heavily involved in the passing game. Not just route tree sort of routes, but interior screens, etc...

I just don't see the athleticism I need to see with the WRs. So try to get teams to work more attention into the box w/ arrow routes and screen passes. If Brown is going to struggle with speed rushers, then attack that side with screens and quick passes to the flat that go right at that rush.

They looked good against the Cardinals, then struggled with teh Chargers. Obviously, the Chargers are really good defensively, but yeah they need to get going out there.

We're back at the spot where if you want one of those really athletic high end WR's.....well.....that's probably gonna take a high draft pick.

This is kind of one thing I think the caps the Charger offense. They don't really have any speed at WR. It's all big bodied route running types.

RunKC 09-21-2022 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16478943)

The bold makes me think of last week. Man. The Chargers sold out (as they should) and got Mack and Jackson along with a really good G. They also paid for an elite C and drafted a good LT last year….and yet they can’t beat us. And now they have to pay Herbert and lose a huge advantage.

Mentioned this yesterday but man the Bills have us beat on paper this year, but next year it’s gonna flip when they have no money and lose good starters while paying Josh Allen more.

With how we’re drafting I can really see the future helping us. It’s a temporary step back this year for a major push forward next.

I think the 2023 off-season is gonna be really fun

Hammock Parties 09-21-2022 08:23 AM

Quote:

I just don't see the athleticism I need to see with the WRs.

they gotta get skyy moore involved

that corner route that MVS tried to run and just got shut down on was painful (drew a penalty but really he committed a penalty there)

start splitting snaps with skyy since he can twitch up anyone

O.city 09-21-2022 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16478973)

that corner route that MVS tried to run and just got shut down on was painful (drew a penalty but really he committed a penalty there)

Nah, you need MVS running that. Or Hardman.

You're gonna see Sky take snaps from JJSS

IowaHawkeyeChief 09-21-2022 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16478973)

Nah, rewatched, the DB conatacted and hooked him and then MVS pushed him off to get free. It was illegal contact all day, especially with the new emphasis directed to it this year. That being said, I would like to see more separation with MVS.

DJ's left nut 09-21-2022 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16478970)
They looked good against the Cardinals, then struggled with teh Chargers. Obviously, the Chargers are really good defensively, but yeah they need to get going out there.

We're back at the spot where if you want one of those really athletic high end WR's.....well.....that's probably gonna take a high draft pick.

This is kind of one thing I think the caps the Charger offense. They don't really have any speed at WR. It's all big bodied route running types.

Except that Allen can win a 1v1 vs. anybody in the league.

He's sorta the kind of player you pray Moore develops into.

But yeah, when Allen is hurt, they can be a little limited. Except that unlike JJSS and MVS, Williams knows how to use his size and can win those 50/50 balls. He was doing it all night on Thursday.

Smith-Schuster is essentially a poverty Mike Williams.

Hammock Parties 09-21-2022 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 16478992)
Nah, rewatched, the DB conatacted and hooked him and then MVS pushed him off to get free. It was illegal contact all day, especially with the new emphasis directed to it this year. That being said, I would like to see more separation with MVS.

MVS put a paw on him first from what i saw

mr. tegu 09-21-2022 08:37 AM

Bills fans by and large think Mahomes is who he is because of the system, they think he runs up his TD totals with passes that shouldn’t count as TD passes (I’ve seen them propose new stats for it), they think we are the luckiest team ever and get all the ref breaks, they consistently say Mahomes is the luckiest QB with missing INTs, we don’t care about morals and support abusers, and they absolutely love claiming Mahomes never makes challenging or contested throws and that his guys are always schemed wide open.

The lesson here is if you want to continue liking the Bills don’t read anything that 90% of their fan base says about the Chiefs players and organization.

O.city 09-21-2022 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16479000)
Except that Allen can win a 1v1 vs. anybody in the league.

He's sorta the kind of player you pray Moore develops into.

But yeah, when Allen is hurt, they can be a little limited. Except that unlike JJSS and MVS, Williams knows how to use his size and can win those 50/50 balls. He was doing it all night on Thursday.

Smith-Schuster is essentially a poverty Mike Williams.

Yeah, Allen can win those 1v1 matchups....and gain 15 yards. They just don't have as explosive of an offense as they should with that mutant they have throwing the footbal.

DJ's left nut 09-21-2022 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16478979)
Nah, you need MVS running that. Or Hardman.

You're gonna see Sky take snaps from JJSS

I think it needs to be Hardman.

Because watching MVS try to make that quick cut and get 0-60 was like watching a mud drag; all sound and fury, signifying nothing. He just couldn't get himself turned, couldn't get himself up to speed.

As Clay said - it was painful. I don't know if he just wasn't feeling it on that route or not, but if that's the way he's gonna run those sorts of double move routes, you can't have him running them anymore.

tredadda 09-21-2022 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16478869)
Yep.

The team is likeable and you gotta have respect for them, they’re not dirty like some teams.

But the fans are the opposite of class. Loathsome, they are.

Some are loathsome, but that can be said about any fan base. But at the same time that fan base rallies around good causes and are well known for donating to worthy causes. That is something to admire from a fan base as a whole.

DJ's left nut 09-21-2022 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16479004)
Yeah, Allen can win those 1v1 matchups....and gain 15 yards. They just don't have as explosive of an offense as they should with that mutant they have throwing the footbal.

Staley has a big hand in that, IMO. Defensive minded coach who seems really reluctant to push the ball.

They can absolutely use that WR duo in a similar manner to the Bucs when Evans and Godwin are healthy. They just don't do it.

Toad 09-21-2022 08:39 AM

Quote:

Great point. I was yelling at Andy (I know he heard me thru the TV) Thursday night to run a few screens off tackle.

O.city 09-21-2022 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16479005)
I think it needs to be Hardman.

Because watching MVS try to make that quick cut and get 0-60 was like watching a mud drag; all sound and fury, signifying nothing. He just couldn't get himself turned, couldn't get himself up to speed.

As Clay said - it was painful. I don't know if he just wasn't feeling it on that route or not, but if that's the way he's gonna run those sorts of double move routes, you can't have him running them anymore.

MVS always seemed a bit like a desperation "we lost Hill....who's fast and available" signing to me, but he can atleast run some deep routes and such I guess.

I'd rather see Watson doing it.

O.city 09-21-2022 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16479008)
Staley has a big hand in that, IMO. Defensive minded coach who seems really reluctant to push the ball.

They can absolutely use that WR duo in a similar manner to the Bucs when Evans and Godwin are healthy. They just don't do it.

Staley is a fraud. Defensive coaches with a rookie QB just don't mix.

He'll get praise this year because that defense will put up great numbers when in reality my 9 year old could coach that defense to a top 5 year.