ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs are looking for a 2nd and a pick in 2014 for Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271388)

Hammock Parties 03-23-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9523604)
And the Saints won with a "retread" QB from somewhere else. There is more than one way to win a SB, despite what some think.

No one thinks that drafting a 1st round QB is the "only" way. No one.

But it is the BEST way.

And it's also the BEST way to win MULTIPLE Super Bowls.

You sure as **** ain't doing that with retreads and game managers.

I'm sure our fan base would have insisted on a 20-year contract extension for Trent Dilfer though.

milkman 03-23-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9523500)
I agree, but he has other pros that the other 2 don't, like he has far more experience than Lane Johnson.

You can't really ignore Joeckel's tape though. He did a fantastic job against the conference with the best DL in the country.

I'd be happy with any of the 3 guys.

The tape says that he can be beat inside by a strong bull rush, and by elite speed around the edge.

The belief that he has potential to be better than Albert is a myth.

He is more advanced thechnically than Albert, but doesnkt posses the pure atletic ability.

Albert has not yet touched his ceiling, and if and when he does, he will dominate

penbrook 03-23-2013 12:54 PM

Joeckel is the most overrated player in this draft.

Joeckel was not even the best tackle on the team.

Manziel saved his ass.

Literally half the time Joeckel gets beat inside.

Perfect qualities for maybe a second or late first round pick.

DTLB58 03-23-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9523514)
The point is too get our two pick back and get younger and a cheaper LT. I like Albert but this business that he is not replaceable is crap. We can trade down and get more picks and still get an LT that will be just as good.

Is what our FO is thinking. Yep. And then trade outta #1 and start rebuilding this team thru the draft now that they are pretty much done in FA.

nychief 03-23-2013 12:58 PM

Wow look at all the tackle experts!

DTLB58 03-23-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9523611)
The tape says that he can be beat inside by a strong bull rush, and by elite speed around the edge.

He is more advanced thechnically than Albert, but doesnkt posses the pure atletic ability.

Albert has not yet touched his ceiling, and if and when he does, he will dominate

I thought Albert went backwards with Haley. Has gotten better again since. But I've always felt like I thought this guy was gonna be better then this, although he has been good.

NWTF 03-23-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9523599)
They proved NOTHING.

Do you know many times great defenses and fallen on their faces?

**** MAN. That same Tampa Bay defense lost an NFC Championship game 11 to 6 because they started Shaun ****ing King.

**** the 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs, you and most definitely, your mother.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9523602)
Saying "it can be done" in reference to the 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs is like saying Cassel can throw 4 TDs in a game, so make him your starter!

It happened a couple times.

It can be done!

Settle down Francis. Thats not my blueprint for building a SB team, but because this wasnt the best year for QB prospects thats the way Dorsey is is choosing to go. He went after the best QB available and got him. He just happens to be in the game manager category instead of the franchise QB category. Hell, he even landed local fan favorite Chase Daniel to keep half the fan base's spirits up during the early rebuilding process.

The thing is, after a couple 8-8 seasons and a 10-6 one and done in the playoffs Dorsey and Reid will probably change directions and attempt to draft that franchise QB. Who knows they may even draft him sooner than that. Its just not going to happen this year.

Rausch 03-23-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Albert has slow feet for a LT but he's "position smart" and knows exactly when to push and get his hands up to ruin an outside rusher.

He has that punch at just the right time to extend the pocket and wash guys out...

RunKC 03-23-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Lane Johnson gets beat inside too and he doesn't hold the point as well IMO.

As for Albert, I think he hit his ceiling in the 2011 ceiling. I think he's as good as he's gonna be at this point.

Rausch 03-23-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9523639)
As for Albert, I think he hit his ceiling in the 2011 ceiling. I think he's as good as he's gonna be at this point.

If true that's playing just below a pro bowl level...

penbrook 03-23-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9523639)
Lane Johnson gets beat inside too and he doesn't hold the point as well IMO.

Fisher is by far the best LT.

Only flaw I see is that he didnt play the best of competition.

penbrook 03-23-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9523641)

Reid called Albert a pro bowl caliber LT.

lcarus 03-23-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9523461)
Like it or not, Albert is outta here. Whether it be this year, or next. His big mouth didn't help matters.

Joekel (bust), here we come.

I hope like hell we can trade out of that pick. I want no part of that doughboy.

What all did he say? I didn't catch all of it. I remember him saying hell no to the prospect of moving to RT.

milkman 03-23-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9523637)
Albert has slow feet for a LT but he's "position smart" and knows exactly when to push and get his hands up to ruin an outside rusher.

He has that punch at just the right time to extend the pocket and wash guys out...

His feet are "slow" because he still hasn't mastered the footwork.

In position drills at the combines when he was coming out, he had some of the quckest feet I've seen, which is the reason that the draft "experts" started pimpimg him as a LT. At the next level.

RunKC 03-23-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9523641)

Yes but for how long? He's 29 this upcoming season and he never stays healthy.

From what we've seen they've decided that there isn't a QB worth taking, and they are taking the best available player.

I think they're looking at this in the long term and want a LT to build on for the next decade.