ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272150)

New World Order 11-20-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10208208)
The first one isn't, correct.

Titanfall, it's been confirmed.

Jerm 11-20-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10208499)
Titanfall, it's been confirmed.

The first TitanFall is on XB1/XBox/PC...any additional games after the first are not confined to exclusivity.

New World Order 11-20-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10208506)
The first TitanFall is on XB1/XBox/PC...any additional games after the first are not confined to exclusivity.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1036438/ps4...-explains-why/

Well, what are you going to do? Wait 2-3 years? No thanks.

Swanman 11-20-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 10208154)
Anyone played Super Motherload or Knack yet? Thoughts?

I played Knack for just a little while and it seems like a less fun version of Ratchet and Clank so far. It's not bad, but it's not something I am dying to play either.

Pants 11-20-2013 11:01 PM

After watching the videos in this thread, I'm back in the M$ camp. I think. I'll have to see how I feel in a year.

SuperChief 11-20-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10208566)
After watching the videos in this thread, I'm back in the M$ camp. I think. I'll have to see how I feel in a year.

Depending upon your timing in getting a next gen console, you may be on to something. The Kotaku review of the XB1 would make me nervous on launch - but I would hope that these issues will be resolved by sometime next year, maybe even Q2.

aturnis 11-20-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 10208572)
Depending upon your timing in getting a next gen console, you may be on to something. The Kotaku review of the XB1 would make me nervous on launch - but I would hope that these issues will be resolved by sometime next year, maybe even Q2.

Yeah, the 75% command recognition has me thinking I'd just be yelling at the thing constantly. That and are other people in my home, we don't need another way to annoy one another.

aturnis 11-20-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10208384)
Everyone keeps talking up the Order 1886 but I wonder... why? You've seen a glorified teaser trailer that obviously isn't gameplay but yet everyone says it's going to be an amazing game.

I think it's a combination of a cool outside the box concept combined with developer. Add in the impressive trailer and it's got potential.

aturnis 11-20-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10207662)
Starting at about :54 you can really tell the difference in the lighting.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lspjyu31Joo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lighting doesn't equal better graphics. You might like the appearance better b/c it is brighter, but light washout is often used to hide lacking graphics and textures. Besides, that, that game has pretty crappy graphics to begin with for next gen and isn't likely to show much difference at all.

aturnis 11-20-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10207607)
Seriously, every third party game I have seen looks better on Xbone. I'll post the Battlefield ps4/one comparison when I get home from work. PS4 also doesn't have a game that looks as good as Ryse. Ryse is easily the best looking game between the 2 consoles.

Ryse looks good, but Deep Down looks better visually IMO. I expect it to be a cool game, but not amazing. Is free to pay I believe, so that has we tempering expectations a bit.

EDIT: Just watched a new Ryse trailer. Most of it looked fantastic, better than I remember, but there were a few things that bothered me. Mainly the female character looks like hell. I might have to reserve judgment on this for now. Looks fun though, in an Assassins Creed kind of way (constant but fairly easy battles).

007 11-21-2013 01:01 AM

Speaking of graphics. The graphics in Killzone Shadowfall are just plain breathtaking.

Pants 11-21-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10208670)
Lighting doesn't equal better graphics. You might like the appearance better b/c it is brighter, but light washout is often used to hide lacking graphics and textures. Besides, that, that game has pretty crappy graphics to begin with for next gen and isn't likely to show much difference at all.

I don't think this is necessarily true. I've posted this before, but lighting is absolutely huge when it comes to creating better graphics. HDR lighting in games is a pretty good resource hog and creates stunning visuals, for example. Light bloom is another example.

I also don't believe that these next gens systems are even capable of taking the Frostbite 3 engine to its limits. You would need a really nice PC to do that. Therefore, saying that BF4 has "pretty crappy graphics" might not be 100% accurate.

BryanBusby 11-21-2013 02:10 AM

NewWorldOrder is doing a top notch trolling effort ITT. LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 10208154)
Anyone played Super Motherload or Knack yet? Thoughts?

I've heard Knack is annoyingly difficult (this is good if you like a challenge) and the multi-player is cool.

E: From the liveplays I've seen of the Xbox One, it really doesn't look ready for retail at all. Maybe the 1.25 gb (wtf) day 1 firmware update will smooth things over? The people on the polygon stream really seemed to be annoyed with how the voice system with the kinect was working and seemed to focus more on potential than what's actually in front of them. The snap features seem to incite lag and the tv shit looks buggy.

The hard drive management system seems really ****ing bizarre and getting forced out of a game to update doesn't sound pleasant. Those are the first two things they should change.

Forza sounds like a stripped down tech demo (looks good, but it looks like they sacrificed a lot of content to get this out on launch day), Ryse isn't fairing too well in reviews and Lococycle looks like a dumb and ugly game. Dead Rising and Killer Instinct look promising though.

Seems like we're basically paying 400/500 dollars to beta test their shit while waiting for better titles. Sounds about right for console launches.

Aspengc8 11-21-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10208797)
NewWorldOrder is doing a top notch trolling effort ITT. LMAO

I've heard Knack is annoyingly difficult (this is good if you like a challenge) and the multi-player is cool.

E: From the liveplays I've seen of the Xbox One, it really doesn't look ready for retail at all. Maybe the 1.25 gb (wtf) day 1 firmware update will smooth things over? The people on the polygon stream really seemed to be annoyed with how the voice system with the kinect was working and seemed to focus more on potential than what's actually in front of them. The snap features seem to incite lag and the tv shit looks buggy.

The hard drive management system seems really ****ing bizarre and getting forced out of a game to update doesn't sound pleasant. Those are the first two things they should change.

Forza sounds like a stripped down tech demo (looks good, but it looks like they sacrificed a lot of content to get this out on launch day), Ryse isn't fairing too well in reviews and Lococycle looks like a dumb and ugly game. Dead Rising and Killer Instinct look promising though.

Seems like we're basically paying 400/500 dollars to beta test their shit while waiting for better titles. Sounds about right for console launches.

I pretty much expected Ryse to score low. The gameplay is pretty shallow, but is gruesome & looks beautiful.. pretty much a drinking game. Forza looks good too.. guess we'll know tonight.

Sure-Oz 11-21-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10208759)
Speaking of graphics. The graphics in Killzone Shadowfall are just plain breathtaking.

Is that game worth buying. I've considered that or nba2k14