ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149)

SeeingRed 03-24-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10514246)
I know it's always dangerous to post pictures of ourselves on here, but oh friggin' well. Here's my before and "in progress" picture. Almost halfway to where I want to be!

:thumb: nice

RunKC 03-24-2014 07:52 PM

Good job luv! You look great. Don't give up!

lewdog 03-24-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

I know it's always dangerous to post pictures of ourselves on here, but oh friggin' well. Here's my before and "in progress" picture. Almost halfway to where I want to be! Oh, and the In Progress picture is from tonight after the gym.

Geez, that's a huge difference! Really looks like way more than the 50lbs you mentioned. Impressive stuff.

luv 03-24-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10514252)
Good work!

Thanks. I started out at 44.4% body fat in November. Down to 37.4%. 202 lbs. Still working on just getting down to overweight...lol. My goal is 25% body fat before I start on any type of toning. That will put me at about 145. I started at 256.

lewdog 03-24-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10514264)
Thanks. I started out at 44.4% body fat in November. Down to 37.4%. 202 lbs. Still working on just getting down to overweight...lol. My goal is 25% body fat before I start on any type of toning. That will put me at about 145. I started at 256.

First tip...don't ever use the word toning. If your trainer uses the word toning, fire him/her. Losing bodyfat is the term. Toning does not exist.

Reps on what you've accomplished though. Very awesome.

luv 03-24-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10514262)
Geez, that's a huge difference! Really looks like way more than the 50lbs you mentioned. Impressive stuff.

The inches have just been shedding the past few months. I'm sitting at 54 lbs lost right now. The frustrating thing is, even though I now actually have a muscle that pops up when I flex my biceps, they haven't lost any inches, and the fat is still hanging there. Damn wings!

luv 03-24-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10514273)
First tip...don't ever use the word toning. If your trainer uses the word toning, fire him/her. Losing bodyfat is the term. Toning does not exist.

Reps on what you've accomplished though. Very awesome.

I don't think he has. That's just me talking. Right now, I'm doing split circuits for the first half of my workout and cardio intervals for the second half. Lately, the main term I hear him say is "BURN"...lol. I guess I use the work toning for "working on definition". Sorry if I'm showing my ignorance.

scho63 03-24-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

I know it's always dangerous to post pictures of ourselves on here, but oh friggin' well. Here's my before and "in progress" picture. Almost halfway to where I want to be! Oh, and the In Progress picture is from tonight after the gym.

CONGRATS ON THE PROGRESS! :thumb:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

I'm down 52 lbs myself since Dec 27th and halfway as well. Feels great and gets easier each day. I'm almost 51 yrs old but I feel about 30 these days. No more winded or sweating after walking 20 feet. I do between 6 1/2 to 7 miles on the elliptical 3-4 nights a week along with weightlifting.

And headed to the gym now.....

lewdog 03-24-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10514281)
I don't think he has. That's just me talking. Right now, I'm doing split circuits for the first half of my workout and cardio intervals for the second half. Right now, the main term I hear him say is "BURN"...lol. I guess I use the work toning, for "working on definition". Sorry if I'm showing my ignorance.

Showing definition simply means the layer of fat covering the muscle is less, meaning you've lost bodyfat. People use toning to suggest you can "tone" a certain part of your body at a time. That simply isn't true. You lose bodyfat everywhere around your body when you are burning fat stores. It's just some sections of the body hold more body fat than others (my lower abs :().

luv 03-24-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10514284)
Showing definition simply means the layer of fat covering the muscle is less, meaning you've lost bodyfat. People use toning to suggest you can "tone" a certain part of your body at a time. That simply isn't true. You lose bodyfat everywhere around your body when you are burning fat stores. It's just some sections of the body hold more body fat than others (my lower abs :().

Yeah. Trainer did say that.

My arms seem to be that stinkin' area. Grrr...

luv 03-24-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 10514282)
CONGRATS ON THE PROGRESS! :thumb:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

I'm down 52 lbs myself since Dec 27th and halfway as well. Feels great and gets easier each day. I'm almost 51 yrs old but I feel about 30 these days. No more winded or sweating after walking 20 feet. I do between 6 1/2 to 7 miles on the elliptical 3-4 nights a week along with weightlifting.

And headed to the gym now.....

That is awesome! Love me some gym! I've always been told I look 27, so I'm wondering what this will do. There are times I look at my face in the mirror in the middle of a workout and realize that I kind of look my age whenever I'm pushing myself...lol. Enjoy your workout!

Hammock Parties 03-24-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10514281)
Sorry if I'm showing my ignorance.

No problem. :evil:

RunKC 03-24-2014 08:36 PM

What are some great exercises to work out the lower abs? I know that your diet is key but there has to be some workouts to help get that damn thing flat.

Hammock Parties 03-24-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10514347)
What are some great exercises to work out the lower abs? I know that your diet is key but there has to be some workouts to help get that damn thing flat.

Flat = fat loss.

Leg lifts work, though.

http://www.leisurefitness.com/Conten...ges/GVKR82.png

You can also do them laying flat on your back.

http://martialarts.iweb.bsu.edu/Trai.../LegLiftsC.JPG

lewdog 03-24-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10514347)

Remove the fat...see the abs.

You can have a 6-pack through low bodyfat alone without working out. Lots of AB work is severely overrated and a waste of time. Lower abs are one of the last to show so it takes getting pretty ****ing ripped to see them.