ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry has a Haglund’s deformity on his heel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317770)

ToxSocks 10-17-2018 12:38 PM

Heel be fine. Guys, don't be so sore about it.

Titty Meat 10-17-2018 12:38 PM

UFC fighter Dominick Cruz had the same injury he said he would literally have to crawl to the tub. Antonio Gates had a similar injury dont think he was ever the same.

dirk digler 10-17-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13824397)
I dont mean to be a smart ass but why does everyone on here without any medical knowledge continue to suggest he needs surgery?

Because there is couple of people here that actually had this exact same thing, CaliforniaChief, being one that said only surgery can fix it or that is what fixed them.

htismaqe 10-17-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13824502)
This isnt true at all.

Yep.

NSAIDs help but not enough to prevent pain altogether. And cortisone shots would weaken the tissue, which could cause the Achilles to tear.

"Needling up" doesn't solve anything in this case.

Chris Meck 10-17-2018 12:53 PM

I think it's pretty clear, really, that Berry has played his last meaningful football.

dirk digler 10-17-2018 01:00 PM

Reading up on treatment for this it is basically rest, PT, different shoes. If that doesn't work and pain is still there then surgery.

GloryDayz 10-17-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13824422)
Everyone assuming the bone deformity is the problem and not the bursa being inflamed.

No, the problem is he isn't playing and he's taking up a roster spot. The rest isn't important.

thegame214 10-17-2018 01:02 PM

It's like having one bullet in the chamber. We aren't rolling him out for a Bengals game, they'll bring him in playoffs

OKchiefs 10-17-2018 01:06 PM

Berry and Houston have a combined cap number of almost $38 million in 2019. Hitchens has a $9.5 million cap number next year, and Sorensen is at a little under $5 million. We're paying roughly $50 million next year for complete shit. My God we have some horrible contracts.

Hammock Parties 10-17-2018 01:07 PM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/96/1f...42d8f4f1d5.jpg

OKchiefs 10-17-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegame214 (Post 13824575)
It's like having one bullet in the chamber. We aren't rolling him out for a Bengals game, they'll bring him in playoffs

Yes, I'm sure he'll be completely ready to play come playoff time after 2 years and no game action. **** Berry, he needs to be gone. He's not a ullet in the chamber, he's a bullet in the ass dragging down the team.

loochy 10-17-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegame214 (Post 13824575)

so he can just magically come out and play full speed after not even practicing in years?
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut 10-17-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13824507)
UFC fighter Dominick Cruz had the same injury he said he would literally have to crawl to the tub. Antonio Gates had a similar injury dont think he was ever the same.

Cruz had plantar fasciatis. Oh, and even if he did have the same injury (he didn't), he fought with it. Gates also had a plantar fascia injury.

I mean sure - they're both sore feet, but they aren't the same thing.

Kiimo 10-17-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13824638)
Cruz had plantar fasciatis. Oh, and even if he did have the same injury (he didn't), he fought with it. Gates also had a plantar fascia injury.

I mean sure - they're both sore feet, but they aren't the same thing.

So what you're saying is...Bashaud Breeland played with this injury and Berry can't. Well if Joel Embiid can recover from it I'm guessing Berry can.

DJ's left nut 10-17-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13824644)
So what you're saying is...Bashaud Breeland played with this injury and Berry can't. Well if Joel Embiid can recover from it I'm guessing Berry can.

I think Berry has some fasciatis as a result of the issue, but it's an ancillary problem and not the primary one. Near as I can tell here, the fasciatis is probably something of a threshhold level of pretty steady, dull pain. The deformity is then complicating by adding more acute pain based on certain movements.

Now before a handful of dipshits in the thread ask for my medical license - this is simply based on what little has been made publicly available. That's to say...not a hell of a lot.

But it's also giving him the benefit of the doubt. Because if all it is is plantar fasciitis - dude, get your ass on the field. I believe it's probably more than that. I also believe that if he hadn't gotten paid already, he'd still be out there.