ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Peacock exclusive playoff game is stupid (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351714)

Frazod 01-13-2024 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17335217)
I'll probably watch the shit out of some shows for the next month, tbh.

I noticed a couple of guys complaining about lags during the game, but I never experienced any. The announcers weren't bad. I hate Dungy and Harrison, but they looked absolutely miserable, so that was okay.

Oxford 01-13-2024 10:30 PM

I wonder what the market share was (households) versus a normal Wildcard game. Probably the only way to judge the true implications of this game on Pee-crotch

Mosbonian 01-13-2024 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17335235)
I noticed a couple of guys complaining about lags during the game, but I never experienced any. The announcers weren't bad. I hate Dungy and Harrison, but they looked absolutely miserable, so that was okay.

I didn't have any lag during the game...and like you I liked Tirico and Garrett....and yes seeing Rodney Harris suffer in cold weather was a big plus.

displacedinMN 01-13-2024 10:41 PM

Mine buffered. Which made me mad with the internet connection I have.

Easy 6 01-13-2024 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdj23 (Post 17335226)
My stream seemed about 90 seconds to 2 min behind the GTD.

Yep

Iowanian 01-13-2024 10:49 PM

Not all hero’s wear capes.

Based on advice in this thread I got to watch threes hill lose in KC and didn’t have to pay peacock

Rain Man 01-13-2024 11:25 PM

I found a great new sports bar and watched the game on a TV that was something like 9 ft by 8 ft tall. It was awesome.

However, the trouble started after the game ended. It's about a million degrees below zero here and I went out to my car and it wouldn't open. I'm clicking my remote and trying to use the hand sensor and everything, and nothing.

After messing around longer than Shackleton was stuck in the ice, I finally remembered that there's an emergency key inside the fob, so I pulled it out. After some more searching in the dark arctic, I figured out where the keyhole was and got in the car.

That helped, but now I couldn't start the car because there's no Keyhole for the ignition. After several fruitless attempts, I eventually figured out that I could hold the remote right on the starting button and push it and it had just enough power left in the battery to start the car and get me home.

I completely blame peacock for this, and they're going to get a letter from my lawyer soon.

displacedinMN 01-13-2024 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17335569)
I found a great new sports bar and watched the game on a TV that was something like 9 ft by 8 ft tall. It was awesome.

However, the trouble started after the game ended. It's about a million degrees below zero here and I went out to my car and it wouldn't open. I'm clicking my remote and trying to use the hand sensor and everything, and nothing.

After messing around longer than Shackleton was stuck in the ice, I finally remembered that there's an emergency key inside the fob, so I pulled it out. After some more searching in the dark arctic, I figured out where the keyhole was and got in the car.

That helped, but now I couldn't start the car because there's no Keyhole for the ignition. After several fruitless attempts, I eventually figured out that I could hold the remote right on the starting button and push it and it had just enough power left in the battery to start the car and get me home.

I completely blame peacock for this, and they're going to get a letter from my lawyer soon.

More people need to know about the fob and holding it next to the start button. Did that to my wifes Journey a few times.

Rain Man 01-13-2024 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 17335574)
More people need to know about the fob and holding it next to the start button. Did that to my wifes Journey a few times.

It's really weird to me that there's no place to use the manual key in the ignition. Once I got in the car I thought I was in good shape, and then I had a whole new problem to solve.

displacedinMN 01-13-2024 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 17335578)
It's really weird to me that there's no place to use the manual key in the ignition. Once I got in the car I thought I was in good shape, and then I had a whole new problem to solve.

Those days are gone. My truck has a fob/key. Not a push button, but the fob fits in like a key.

Another weird thing in this world. Like hitting the start button to shut off the car.

Lzen 01-14-2024 04:37 PM

I wonder if any of you all had issues with the broadcast last night.

https://youtu.be/AlHCRDIUX-Y?si=pOn3VdIgHsy6s04z

displacedinMN 01-14-2024 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17336856)

that is a good video.

DaFace 01-14-2024 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17336856)

Seemed fine to me. :shrug:

crayzkirk 01-14-2024 07:20 PM

One thing I didn't even think about was that even if people sign up for $6 and then cancel, Peacock gets their money for a month and all the interest that will be accrued. Islike when your paycheck is deposited in the band and then a couple of days later you have access.

Plus the credit card companies get their percentage no matter what.

The only one who loses anything is... as usual, the consumer.

Rasputin 01-14-2024 07:24 PM

Not listening to Chris Collensworth doing our game made it worth it.