ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2014 Royals Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279729)

Why Not? 07-21-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10759348)
Here's hoping the Royals continue to lose

Not this yet ...but pretty damn close.

Prison Bitch 07-21-2014 10:55 PM

The best thing for the Royals would be to petition the NL for admittance o that shit league so we can win. 8-4 vs them this year, and Milwaukee-Pitt-Cinci-STL are contending with blah teams. As for what they should do personnel wise, who cares.

tk13 07-21-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10759370)
Right, but it was all about pacifying the fan base at that moment. Payroll went up 21 millions between 2012 and 13. Banner weren't going to be flown and things heating up until the season actually started and they had a solid April which is what they needed to cool things down a bit.

I think I remember an article on this topic where someone inside the Royals organization acknowledged they were aware and worried about what might happen if they flopped right off the bat during the 13 season.

Yeah... but the reason it went down in the first place was because they brought up all the young guys, Hosmer, Moose, Cain, Escobar, etc. Rookies don't make any money. It was up around the 75-80 million range when they had Meche and Guillen.

I don't know if they've ever been intentionally cheap under Dayton. That's probably been the biggest achievement of his regime. People put so much stock in that payroll number yet the Royals are constantly outdone by several teams every year that spend less. Not that I wouldn't love for the Royals to spend more, but Dayton's spent all this money, plus MLB record amounts in the draft and look where we are now. You should be able to win with a 90+ million dollar payroll.

duncan_idaho 07-21-2014 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 10759385)
Yeah... but the reason it went down in the first place was because they brought up all the young guys, Hosmer, Moose, Cain, Escobar, etc. Rookies don't make any money. It was up around the 75-80 million range when they had Meche and Guillen.

I don't know if they've ever been intentionally cheap under Dayton. That's probably been the biggest achievement of his regime. People put so much stock in that payroll number yet the Royals are constantly outdone by several teams every year that spend less. Not that I wouldn't love for the Royals to spend more, but Dayton's spent all this money, plus MLB record amounts in the draft and look where we are now. You should be able to win with a 90+ million dollar payroll.

You should. The key thing is not do moronic shit like keeping 3 relievers who make a combined $15 million, or nearly 1/5 of your payroll.

Hootie 07-22-2014 12:29 AM

Look...I like Yordano. He's awesome. But there is no ****ing way in god's name with his throwing motion that he doesn't tear that UCL within the next year. No ****ing way.

Valiant 07-22-2014 12:30 AM

I believe we are close. Billy/Hos/aoki/moose need to be traded for whatever they can get. Plus cash considerations. What about Arizona 1st and 3rd basemen? Basically we are paying all the salaries and dumping our turds as only needing a change of place.

Trade one of our ace closers.

I would try and resign shields. His maturity and approach rubbed off on the other players even on his down year. 2 year extension.

can yost, players need someone new that does not baby our batters about how special they are.

Dayton, I am not sure what you can do. His picks have mostly flopped. But who can you bring in.

I would love cerner guys to own the team. MLB would not allow it. Good Ole boys network. If they did probably force them to sell skc.

New World Order 07-22-2014 12:40 AM

We need a Yoenis Cespedes/Yasel Puig. Surely there has to be Cuban prospect we could sign that could come in and make an impact immediately.

Or not? Time for another 8-10 year plan?

WhawhaWhat 07-22-2014 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10759414)
We need a Yoenis Cespedes/Yasel Puig. Surely there has to be Cuban prospect we could sign that could come in and make an impact immediately.

Or not? Time for another 8-10 year plan?

Cespedes got 4 years and $36 million, Puig got 7 years and $42 million. The Royals don't typically even pay MLB level guys that kind of money.

GloryDayz 07-22-2014 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 10759275)
I'm all for going all in behind Marty. Let's do what we can to put a fire under Glass.

I get your point, but....... Does this man look like he gives a ****? No, he's a profit-driven man, and he doesn't care about anything or anybody. I'm sure he'd sell his kids and grandkids in slavery of various forms if he thought he could make a buck. He is the poster-child for evil ownership. Truly a bad person, and I'm sure his family ONLY likes his money, not him.

http://www.ramblingmorons.com/wp-con...4-17-14-53.jpg

duncan_idaho 07-22-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 10759411)
Look...I like Yordano. He's awesome. But there is no ****ing way in god's name with his throwing motion that he doesn't tear that UCL within the next year. No ****ing way.

I wouldn't bet on him staying healthy long-term, but you can never really tell with elbows. He could blow out tomorrow or 10 years from now.

The one thing he really does have on his side is that he's never missed significant time with an injury. In fact, him skipping the start earlier this year is the first time I can remember him missing a start with injury.

But yes, like most hard-throwing pitchers, he eventually will have to get TJ surgery.

duncan_idaho 07-22-2014 07:39 AM

I'm just going to leave this here (backs away slowly)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wilmington hitters have expanded the zone so much today. Would guess over 10x; helping Sims out.</p>&mdash; CJ Wittmann (@CJWittJr) <a href="https://twitter.com/CJWittJr/statuses/491267528379756545">July 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why Not? 07-22-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10759410)
I believe we are close. Billy/Hos/aoki/moose need to be traded for whatever they can get. Plus cash considerations. What about Arizona 1st and 3rd basemen.

Part of me thinks this is a hidden troll moment in your post. I'm not sure there is any combination of 4 Royals the Dbacks woukd take for Paul Goldschmidt. I can promise you it would not be the 4 you mentioned. Goldschmidt is everything Hos and Moustakas aren't and Billy Butler is worthless in the NL.

ChiTown 07-22-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10759538)
I'm just going to leave this here (backs away slowly)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wilmington hitters have expanded the zone so much today. Would guess over 10x; helping Sims out.</p>&mdash; CJ Wittmann (@CJWittJr) <a href="https://twitter.com/CJWittJr/statuses/491267528379756545">July 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm slow. What does this mean?

DeezNutz 07-22-2014 09:17 AM

Evidence that the developmental process is completely ****ed up. Hitters at that level showing zero strikezone awareness and/or plate discipline.

duncan_idaho 07-22-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10759703)
I'm slow. What does this mean?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10759709)
Evidence that the developmental process is completely ****ed up. Hitters at that level showing zero strikezone awareness and/or plate discipline.

Yup. Exactly.

It's an organizational issue that doesn't appear to have been addressed or fixed. I heard JJ Picollo blathering about this on a podcast the other day. Not awe-inspiring. Basically, heavy on patience and "individual approach" and light on accountability.

So pretty much exactly the Royals' problems in a nutshell.