ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

Cephalic Trauma 07-26-2013 12:47 AM

How about kelly johnson at second next year? Affordable and he has 15 hrs this year.

Demonpenz 07-26-2013 06:24 AM

So I think we won't hear the phrase "Mathmatically eliminated" until the last week. That is kinda cool.

TLO 07-26-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9835197)
They will make a feel good, underdogs, comeback miracle movie about this season after the things we do these next three months.

It's got it all. The star player finally figuring it out. The magic sauce. The legend returning. The rookie nobody really wanted at first because the rookie we really wanted got traded. The absolute low point in the season where no one was good for a month. Parting ways with the "nice" guy with a "nice" smile. The constant struggle of one run games. The script is writing itself. This move will have a better ending than Moneyball.

That was beautiful mr tegu.

Archie F. Swin 07-26-2013 07:39 AM

you have to think there will be a 2-3 week period where Butler, Moose, Grodon and Escobar will go on hitting streaks.

RockChalk 07-26-2013 08:05 AM

So a few days ago it was said (on 810 & twitter, maybe on here as well) that Boston scouts were looking at Hoch. Would you trade him off for Middlebrooks? He can play any infield position and has some pop. It would for sure be a flyer, but he would be better than Getz/EJ platoon. Or do we pretty much already have Middlebrooks in the form of Gio?

Just was screwing around with the ESPN trade app and thought of him for some reason. Serves two purposes..gets rid of Hoch and gives us a different option than Getz

duncan_idaho 07-26-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9835421)
So a few days ago it was said (on 810 & twitter, maybe on here as well) that Boston scouts were looking at Hoch. Would you trade him off for Middlebrooks? He can play any infield position and has some pop. It would for sure be a flyer, but he would be better than Getz/EJ platoon. Or do we pretty much already have Middlebrooks in the form of Gio?

Just was screwing around with the ESPN trade app and thought of him for some reason. Serves two purposes..gets rid of Hoch and gives us a different option than Getz

Uh, yes, if I could get Middlebrooks for Hoch, I do it in a second.

I don't see any defensive records for him anywhere but 3B, though. Don't think he really is an option at SS or 2B.

Middlebrooks is a far superior prospect to Gio. Former top 50ish prospect who hit .288/.325/.500 in about 1/2 a season last year.

siberian khatru 07-26-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 9835421)

I think Middlebrooks is far more likely to go in a deal for a SP. Can't imagine they'd give him up for Hoch.

Unless you think the Sox see Hoch as a starter. :D

RockChalk 07-26-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9835442)
Uh, yes, if I could get Middlebrooks for Hoch, I do it in a second.

I don't see any defensive records for him anywhere but 3B, though. Don't think he really is an option at SS or 2B.

Middlebrooks is a far superior prospect to Gio. Former top 50ish prospect who hit .288/.325/.500 in about 1/2 a season last year.

For some reason I had it in my mind that he played some 2B/SS in limited duty last year. Must be wishful thinking for anyone to play other than Getz

Chiefspants 07-26-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9835459)
I think Middlebrooks is far more likely to go in a deal for a SP. Can't imagine they'd give him up for Hoch.

Unless you think the Sox see Hoch as a starter. :D

We could throw in Chen, Mendoza and Getz as added bonuses.

They would be tough to part with, but I think I could live with that trade in the end.

:D

Bowser 07-26-2013 11:57 AM

This is the struggling Royals fan in me saying this - I have a real fear that we are going to lose the series against the Sox, if not get outright swept. Why? Because Royals, that's why.

Tytanium 07-26-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9835849)
This is the struggling Royals fan in me saying this - I have a real fear that we are going to lose the series against the Sox, if not get outright swept. Why? Because Royals, that's why.

Sox can't figure out Bruce Chen, so I think we'll at least take one.

mr. tegu 07-26-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9835849)

Didn't you hear? They are making a movie of this season. We probably win the next six.

Bowser 07-26-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9835932)
Didn't you hear? They are making a movie of this season. We probably win the next six.

Well hell, let me drop this w00t right here then!

ChiefsCountry 07-26-2013 12:36 PM

Royals are 4-5 against the White Sox this year. 7-3 against the Twins.

Cephalic Trauma 07-26-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Clubs that have checked in with the Royals say Santana is only available for a huge payout. The Royals have openly told the shoppers they've talked to that the only way they'll move Santana is if they "win the deal," and that means they want a second baseman and/or right fielder who can start for them in 2014. Despite their situation, the Royals are telling everyone their priority is to win as many games as possible this season, not cut payroll.
:)