ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Incident at P&L District shocks DJ Jazzy Jeff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208730)

Kyle DeLexus 06-08-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5826315)
That doesn't mean that the historically advantaged group is not still advantaged. Nor does it imply that. So it may be reverse discrimination, it is absolutely not racist.

And at m-w.com the definition of the word racism is "racial prejudice or discrimination"

2nd definition that is.

KCChiefsMan 06-08-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5826314)
What?

nobody would give a shit

FAX 06-08-2009 09:29 PM

If the historically disadvantaged group gains an advantage over the historically advantaged group, how long does it take for the historically advantaged group to become the historically disadvantaged group and the historically disadvantaged group to become the historically advantaged group and start taking advantage of the historically disadvantaged group just like the historically advantaged group did to start the whole thing?

FAX

Kyle DeLexus 06-08-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 5826319)
Heh. Reverse racism is a highly dubious concept. It's hardly racist to try and amend for a traditionally racist system. Does stuff like affirmative action go too far? Perhaps, in some cases. But I'd be wary to categorize it as racism.

It is discrimination to a certain race and that is a definition of racism.

Reaper16 06-08-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 5826325)
If the historically disadvantaged group gains an advantage over the historically advantaged group, how long does it take for the historically advantaged group to become the historically disadvantaged group and the historically disadvantaged group to become the historically advantaged group and start taking advantage of the historically disadvantaged group just like the historically advantaged group did to start the whole thing?

FAX

We'll find out in 2030 when the U.S. population is scheduled to be comprised of more Hispanics than Caucasians.

Mr. Flopnuts 06-08-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 5826325)

FAX

47.4 years.

macdawg 06-08-2009 09:33 PM

I don't like Jazzy Jeff getting shut down, but I do believe that the day you let P&L get thugged out is the day all the businesses there go out of business.

Mark my words, allow gangbangers inside or people who emulate gangbangers and shootings will occur, people with money will stop going whether they are black or white.

Thig Lyfe 06-08-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 5826326)
It is discrimination to a certain race and that is a definition of racism.

Sure. An incredibly imprecise and oversimplified definition.

Mr. Flopnuts 06-08-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 5826321)
And at m-w.com the definition of the word racism is "racial prejudice or discrimination"

2nd definition that is.

I can't really argue with the dictionary. What SportsRacer said is how it's been explained to me in the corporate world.

Kyle DeLexus 06-08-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5826339)
I can't really argue with the dictionary. What SportsRacer said is how it's been explained to me in the corporate world.

Oh I get what your saying and really the only place that I feel reverse racism is prevalent is the media.

Mr. Flopnuts 06-08-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 5826351)
Oh I get what your saying and really the only place that I feel reverse racism is prevalent is the media.

I think the media inspires more prejudices than any other source. It's really kind of perverse when you see what gets covered and what doesn't.

FAX 06-08-2009 09:45 PM

Maybe it's because I've spent so much time as a young man playing blues clubs alongside black guys and hanging out with them and their fellow black peeps, but I've never seriously entertained what most people would probably call "racist feelings". I have, however, run into ladies that reminded me of my Aunt Wilma and I couldn't stand those bitches at first sight. Also, people with extremely large noses bug me or those people with noses where, when you look straight at the peep in question's face, you can see straight down their nostrils almost all the way to their brain (I surmise that the ancient Egyptians like those kinds of peeps, though, on account of the fact that they were particularly easy to mummify when they used that crooked stick to pull their brains out through their sinus passages. Probably made that whole operation a lot faster). Oh. And, of course, I'd just as soon kick a midget in the nads as look at him.

FAX

DeezNutz 06-08-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 5826351)

Reverse racism is everywhere. /penz/

Kyle DeLexus 06-08-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5826361)
I think the media inspires more prejudices than any other source. It's really kind of perverse when you see what gets covered and what doesn't.

That's very true, I should have been more specific with comedy and radio.

FAX 06-08-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5826361)

I know exactly what you mean, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. Listening to the press, one would think a midget could do no wrong.

FAX