ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Bills/ Bengals [cancelled - process in OP] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346826)

jerryaldini 01-03-2023 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16707259)
Solutions:
1/ play the game
2/ flip a coin to determine the winner of the game
3/ call it a tie
4/ call it a no contest

Not “just give it to the Bills or Bengals” just because.

The coin flip idea appears popular among bills fans. I think they realize it's there only hope of retaining the 1.

BleedingRed 01-03-2023 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16707262)
they're not even counting the stats from that game last night as of today

i bet it never happens

If I'm a player on either team with a incentive-laden contract I'm suing if I dont get my money

Chief Northman 01-03-2023 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16707236)
dear chief northman:

14 > 13 > 12

thank you for coming to my tard talk

1. You presume the Chiefs will win

2. Where is all this forfeit talk coming from? What if the league rules ‘no contest’ and formulate something off of an imbalanced schedule?

3. Regardless of how everybody will hate it, what the league is about to decide will be precedent-setting. I agree with everyone saying the Chiefs should not be punished for their record, but neither should the Bills or Bengals for having a game postponed or possibly suspended for something out of their control.

BleedingRed 01-03-2023 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 16707271)

2. Where is all this forfeit talk coming from? What if the league rules ‘no contest’ and formulate something off of an imbalanced schedule?

3. Regardless of how everybody will hate it, what the league is about to decide will be precedent-setting. I agree with everyone saying the Chiefs should not be punished for their record, but neither should the Bills or Bengals for having a game postponed or possibly suspended for something out of their control.

IT WAS COMPLETELY IN THEIR CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coogs 01-03-2023 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16707173)
Problem is that Buffalo should not be able to get out of playing this game. They should have to play a 17 game schedule just like everyone else. They don’t get an out because of an injury regardless of how it plays out. If they refuse to play then hand them the L. Don’t give them a pass like some stupid suggestions imply (such as a tie). They don’t play they don’t get the #1 seed.

Nor should Cincinnati have to go to Buffalo in the playoffs, which is what a tie or a no contest would bring into play. There was more at stake for the playoffs than the #1 seed in this game. #2 and homefield in a possible rematch with the Bills was at stake for the Bengals with a W.

Hammock Parties 01-03-2023 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 16707271)

semantics

chiefs will win, no one else is getting to 14 unless they replay the game

comochiefsfan 01-03-2023 04:38 PM

Anyone who is suggesting that we "forfeit" the one seed is a butt ****ing moron. Yes this situation sucks, and we shouldn't necessarily feel good about benefiting from it. But it is what it is. No need to go above and beyond what ends up being required of us.

I've got an awful suspicion that we're about to get ****ed in Vegas on Saturday though so it may end up being a moot point.

Mosbonian 01-03-2023 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 16707155)
Chiefs lost to both teams. If both teams play their week 18 games and each win, Bills get the one seed, Bengals get the two and Chiefs get the three. Seems fair to me….
Should be irrelevant what the Chiefs do against the Raiders if the Bills and Bengals game cannot be rescheduled.

I thought this would be the silliest thing I would read today....until...

tredadda 01-03-2023 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryaldini (Post 16707268)
The coin flip idea appears popular among bills fans. I think they realize it's there only hope of retaining the 1.

No way it should be determined by a coin flip. They earn HFA on the field and can’t refuse to play and still possibly get rewarded for it.

J Diddy 01-03-2023 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16707259)
Solutions:
1/ play the game
2/ flip a coin to determine the winner of the game
3/ call it a tie
4/ call it a no contest

Not “just give it to the Bills or Bengals” just because.

If we win out and we lose out on home field advantage because of a coin flip I very well could be done with the NFL.

A game should be played or a no contest recorded.

I understand the situation involving a young man with a medical condition but that doesn't mean you give the team the player was from an advantage.

Spott 01-03-2023 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16707262)
they're not even counting the stats from that game last night as of today

i bet it never happens

I’ll Belize it when I see it.

tredadda 01-03-2023 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 16707276)
Nor should Cincinnati have to go to Buffalo in the playoffs, which is what a tie or a no contest would bring into play. There was more at stake for the playoffs than the #1 seed in this game. #2 and homefield in a possible rematch with the Bills was at stake for the Bengals with a W.

And a tie screws Baltimore out of a chance to with the AFCN.

Mr. Plow 01-03-2023 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16706920)
More so than a middle aged group of mostly men who complain about things like being booted from threads like they were sent to federal prison, who get outraged if the Chiefs are losing in the first quarter, etc?

More sensitive than that?

https://media.tenor.com/MbqmNfbawuMA...ffice-ouch.gif

Bearcat 01-03-2023 04:42 PM

Precedence for what?

Cardiac arrest on the field for the first time in NFL history, early in a game that has major late season playoff implications with little time to reschedule, where the status of the player isn't certain after 24 hours, in a league that seemingly flies by the seat of their pants and ignores conventional wisdom or past experiences when deciding what to do?

We're concerned about the next time THAT happens? :spock:

Coogs 01-03-2023 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 16707297)
And a tie screws Baltimore out of a chance to with the AFCN.

As does a no contest.