ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

blaise 03-15-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9502760)
I just don’t see people being that hard to work up into a fighting frenzy with the ole “those people what to take what you’ve got” scare tactic particularly not when there is a charismatic leader like the Governor.

No. Not on a superficial level anyway. That could change once people start getting shot.

Deberg_1990 03-15-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9502742)
They haven't really portrayed the Woodbury people as on board with a war. Matrinez and maybe one or two others. But them going along with the governor could be explained with extra privileges they probably get - like alcohol, or just the feeling of being a higher ranking member of the Woodbury society.
Not that many went to the prison. Most were back at the town and it's reasonable to believe that would be willing to take up arms in defense.
As far as they know Rick and his group are bloodthirsty kooks. They value their safety and their somewhat comfortable life so if the Governor says they need to pick up a gun in defense against some sort of barbarians they'd listen.
It'd be different if they knew it was a grudge against Michonne and that Rick and his group were really just like them, but they don't. Not for the most part.

Ok, that makes sense...but brings up another question. Why hasn't Andrea told them what a kook the Govenor really is? Why hasn't she told them Ricks group isn't really that bad? You know...the truth. She could potentially save a lot of lives.

notorious 03-15-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9502840)
Ok, that makes sense...but brings up another question. Why hasn't Andrea told them what a kook the Govenor really is? Why hasn't she told them Ricks group isn't really that bad? You know...the truth. She could potentially save a lot of lives.

That would make way too much sense.

It's an obvious hole.

dmahurin 03-15-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9502843)
That would make way too much sense.

It's an obvious hole.

It would, except for

Spoiler!

notorious 03-15-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 9503397)
It would, except for

Spoiler!

You guys are just too much.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz...t7sfo1_500.gif

Lumpy 03-15-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9493296)
I'm sorry local older ladies, but women in their 30's do NOT usually look like that in real life. LMAO

:spock: Interesting.

:huh:

KC_Lee 03-15-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9501936)
Good prediction. They act like walkers are an afterthought now, what we need is an Atlanta sized herd of a million to stomp a mudhole in their ass.

And remember at the begining of this season Rick's group found the prison because they were trapped by a couple of large hordes (off screen) of walkers.

Rick, TDog and Daryl were looking at the map, talking about the hordes the group kept running into.

Funny how those hordes have yet to show up anywhere near the prison or Woodbury.

dmahurin 03-15-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9503427)

That ones safe to look at, I swear.

notorious 03-15-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 9503481)
That ones safe to look at, I swear.

Alright, will check it out.....

LMAO

Well done.

Hammock Parties 03-15-2013 08:01 PM

is anybody else getting bored with the show lately? It's turning too much into a drama, and this past episode reminded me of a cheesy soap opera

ThaVirus 03-15-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhawkerman2001 (Post 9503551)
is anybody else getting bored with the show lately? It's turning too much into a drama, and this past episode reminded me of a cheesy soap opera

Definitely. I don't really look forward to watching the show much anymore, but I'm not complaining and I'll continue to watch.

I just finished all 4 seasons of Breaking Bad on Netflix. There was literally 1 episode out of the, maybe, 45 or so that I thought was as boring as the latest Walking Dead eps have been. I was way more into that show than I currently am TWD and for good reason. The show (TWD) just needs to pick up speed and start making more sense.

(The episode of Breaking Bad I thought was boring was the one about the fly in the lab, in case you Breaking Bad fiends were wondering).

NewChief 03-15-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9504180)
Definitely. I don't really look forward to watching the show much anymore, but I'm not complaining and I'll continue to watch.

I just finished all 4 seasons of Breaking Bad on Netflix. There was literally 1 episode out of the, maybe, 45 or so that I thought was as boring as the latest Walking Dead eps have been. I was way more into that show than I currently am TWD and for good reason. The show (TWD) just needs to pick up speed and start making more sense.

(The episode of Breaking Bad I thought was boring was the one about the fly in the lab, in case you Breaking Bad fiends were wondering).

The episode you disliked is considered one of the best by a lot of BB folks. But it's a divisive issue.

notorious 03-16-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9504510)
The episode you disliked is considered one of the best by a lot of BB folks. But it's a divisive issue.

Oh no, here we go again. :D

Walking Dead isn't in the same ballpark as Breaking Bad, but it is still a lot better than almost anything else on TV.

BlackHelicopters 03-17-2013 08:24 AM

The last two episodes have been disappointing. While the "dead" is still better than almost anything else on TV, the drama is not grabbing me. I watch for action and fear, not soap opera sit down negotiations. The last three of this season, hopefully, will tr grab me.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-17-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhawkerman2001 (Post 9503551)

Stick to hoops

bevischief 03-17-2013 11:37 AM

The nerd is going to change sides. Calling it now.

KChiefer 03-17-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9508448)
The nerd is going to change sides. Calling it now.

I was thinking this also. In the book a "nerd" joins the crew and it could be him just to tighten things up. Same with Tyreese. I was thinking he may be kind of a hybrid between himself and another muscle guy from the books.

Deberg_1990 03-17-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9508065)
The last two episodes have been disappointing. While the "dead" is still better than almost anything else on TV, the drama is not grabbing me. I watch for action and fear, not soap opera sit down negotiations. The last three of this season, hopefully, will tr grab me.

13 hours a season of non stop zombie killing would get old real quick. I think they do an excellent job of balancing the character stuff out with the action.

dmahurin 03-17-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9508763)
I was thinking this also. In the book a "nerd" joins the crew and it could be him just to tighten things up. Same with Tyreese. I was thinking he may be kind of a hybrid between himself and another muscle guy from the books.

Spoiler!

bevischief 03-17-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9508763)

Just watching some past shows and reading the comics has me going hmmm...

KChiefer 03-17-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 9509180)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Ceej 03-17-2013 08:01 PM

Okay, wtf.

Window Licking Whiner 03-17-2013 08:05 PM

I'm getting really bored with this show. It has gone no where in like 5 ****ing episodes.

They are going to lose their fan base if they don't stop with these filler episode bullshit and start getting it going.

WR spent 4 episodes of Andrea going back and forth then to leave only to get dragged back. Srsly enough of that already,

J Diddy 03-17-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs_va (Post 9509698)
I'm getting really bored with this show. It has gone no where in like 5 ****ing episodes.

This. It showed so much promise up to the midseason break and has been one giant buildup since. The ****ing finale pretty much has to blow your mind to make it worth watching.

Plus, I think the worst part of it for me is that Andrea is so much in the middle of these episodes and she annoys the shit out of me.

Ceej 03-17-2013 08:10 PM

So, who has tied up Andrea?

Window Licking Whiner 03-17-2013 08:12 PM

Sadly I think you could skip the past 4 episodes, and only watch the finale and not miss a bit. That's the recipe of a failed show, these writers need to stop trying to keep the actors alive, follow the comics.

Stray too far and you will have nothing

Gadzooks 03-17-2013 08:19 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spoiler!

OmahaChief 03-17-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9509712)
So, who has tied up Andrea?

Serious question?

notorious 03-17-2013 08:47 PM

Meh.

Very, very, meh.

KC_Lee 03-17-2013 09:00 PM

If anyone watched Talking Dead after the show how about Lori Holden (actress that plays Andrea) spoiling who burnt the pit walkers?

aturnis 03-17-2013 09:10 PM

Are you all must be a bunch of 13yr old pyromaniacs or something?

These episodes are the meat of the show. They make the show tolerable. Like Deberg said, if it were all zombie killing, I would have stopped watching a long assed time ago. Those episodes are great b/c of the cool factor, and excitement, but won't keep an audience.

How could you care what happens to the characters in those types of episodes if there were no character and conflict development episodes? That's what's happening. It's building. It has to build. What good is a climax is you're only a quarter of the way to the peak?

I don't understand how you aren't chomping at the bit for more every week. What will happen to Andrea? Is this it for her character? Does she take Michonne's place from the comics storyline? Who will warn Rick and the group? Will they be caught off guard now and mostly slaughtered? Does Milton's act of betrayal lead to something more, is Milton going to go all Paul Revere on these bitches? Does the Governor get Michonne? Will both groups and their conflict survive the impending battle? Is this season it for the safety of the prison?

aturnis 03-17-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9509825)
If anyone watched Talking Dead after the show how about Lori Holden (actress that plays Andrea) spoiling who burnt the pit walkers?

Oh you didn't know?

J Diddy 03-17-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9509825)

I assumed it was milton

spades 03-17-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 9509759)
Serious question?

Had to be Shane. Right?

Window Licking Whiner 03-17-2013 09:14 PM

You were the same people that said. Batman with Danny Devito as penguin will be the best Batman movie EVER!@!!

There is a reason those movies failed. Stray too far from your base, and your base are those other comic fanbois and I (NOT YOU), and you will die a horrible death.

Fans like me is what will keep the series strong and on a steady stream for years to come.

Fans like you are why we are in the 13th season of American Idol, The Voice, etc..etc..

spades 03-17-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs_va (Post 9509858)
You were the same people that said. Batman with Danny Devito as penguin will be the best Batman movie EVER!@!!

There is a reason those movies failed. Stray too far from your base, and your base are those other comic fanbois and I (NOT YOU), and you will die a horrible death.

Fans like me is what will keep the series strong and on a steady stream for years to come.

Fans like you are why we are in the 13th season of American Idol, The Voice, etc..etc..

The constant action and superb acting is what keeps American Idol going strong

KC_Lee 03-17-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9509848)
Oh you didn't know?

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9509853)
I assumed it was milton

At the end of the episode yes, but you don't spoil an episode on live TV.

Ceej 03-17-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 9509759)
Serious question?

Did you see a smiley face, lol, or hehe/haha after my post?

aturnis 03-17-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs_va (Post 9509858)

Pay no mind to the fact that the writer of the comics is the one developing the storyline here.

Or the fact that fanboi's are only a fraction of the shows viewers. Most fans of the show have never read the comics, I talk to them every day.

Also, I don't watch your American Idol/Dancing with the Stars bullshit.

aturnis 03-17-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9509930)
Did you see a smiley face, lol, or hehe/haha after my post?

The governor. Sorry for the spoiler, but did you just catch the very very end of this show?

Gadzooks 03-17-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9509847)

These episodes are the meat of the show. They make the show tolerable. Like Deberg said, if it were all zombie killing, I would have stopped watching a long assed time ago. Those episodes are great b/c of the cool factor, and excitement, but won't keep an audience.

How could you care what happens to the characters in those types of episodes if there were no character and conflict development episodes? That's what's happening. It's building. It has to build. What good is a climax is you're only a quarter of the way to the peak?

I don't understand how you aren't chomping at the bit for more every week. What will happen to Andrea? Is this it for her character? Does she take Michonne's place from the comics storyline? Who will warn Rick and the group? Will they be caught off guard now and mostly slaughtered? Does Milton's act of betrayal lead to something more, is Milton going to go all Paul Revere on these bitches? Does the Governor get Michonne? Will both groups and their conflict survive the impending battle? Is this season it for the safety of the prison?

They'll never answer any of the questions.
They're almost out of time, (and they sure as hell wasted a ton of time in this episode).

Deberg_1990 03-17-2013 10:08 PM

Interesting episode. About 45 min in I was saying to myself, "has there ever been an episode without Rick?" Heheh.

Good fun, and I enjoy the way it's building.....but still too many contrivances and convenient outs. Would there really be that many walkers just hanging out in that warehouse? And if there were so many, how come they were so quiet and neither Andrea or the Gov heard them? Then the Gov just happens to snag her again at the exact right moment before someone spots her? The entire Gov chasing Andrea thing felt like a bad 80s slasher flick.

Who's gonna die, Milton or Andrea?

Nice to finally get some backstory on Michone and Tyrese's group.

J Diddy 03-17-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9509978)
They're almost out of time, (and they sure as hell wasted a ton of time in this episode).

Let's not forget the episode devoted to seeing what happened to the black guy and his son.

aturnis 03-17-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9509978)

Nearly every one of those questions I expect, will answered by the end of the season. If not, very early next season. I don't know where they are going to put the cliffhanger. Just before, or just after everything escalates.

aturnis 03-17-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9510104)
Let's not forget the episode devoted to seeing what happened to the black guy and his son.

You must think we won't see Morgan again. I think we will...

J Diddy 03-18-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9510167)
You must think we won't see Morgan again. I think we will...

Thanks for the name. It slipped my mind.

This is what I'm seeing happening and it's just my opinion. I don't know the background with the comics, but I'm seeing merle being added due to popularity(from what I gather, he's not in the comic) and I see the same thing with Morgan

KChiefer 03-18-2013 02:08 AM

People bitching about about the show sitting on its dick. Blame the series being turned into a show. Do they sit on their dick in the book? Yes. This bad? Overall...Yes. Only there's even more characters whining which peeps hate on anyways. It will get dope right when the season ends...see you next year...

The messed up thing is they turned the farm into a whole season. After reading the book I learned what people were bitching about season 2 for. This show is still great, but they're milking it for every ounce. And they're still not that far ahead of the book soooo...

WoodDraw 03-18-2013 02:22 AM

The problem isn't that every episode isn't pure zombie killing; it's that the plot just isn't very good or interesting.

The show became pure guilty pleasure for me awhile ago. I'm sure having different show runners every season hasn't helped. There's no creative center.

J Diddy 03-18-2013 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 9510338)
The problem isn't that every episode isn't pure zombie killing; it's that the plot just isn't very good or interesting.

The show became pure guilty pleasure for me awhile ago. I'm sure having different show runners every season hasn't helped. There's no creative center.

The first season was awesome, season 2 was great at times but still had some "build up" episodes. Season 3 seemed to be going fine until the break. I swear since then it's been a giant build to a climax, which in itself isn't a problem, but the nuggets that are given each week aren't worth it.

Hopefully the next 2 weeks pick up. It seems like every week of the last 3 I have ended saying "man they put something that is definitely going to happen next week" except it doesn't.

KChiefer 03-18-2013 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 9510338)

IMO they cut out too many scenes of them traveling. On the road is the lively stuff. Safehouses is where it gets melodramatic which is necessary, but poorly(not even poorly but it gets old) written in the books and translates into the show.

Pretty sauced here,but yes to what you're saying...they have too many directors thinking they've succeeded if they've killed a few zombies via cgi, and not enough "sex." It still pisses me off when they're standing next to the fence talking but not killing the zombies two feet away. That's a fundamental part of them holding the fort and they don't give two shits...they could use '70s special effects during those scenes for eyecandy IMO.

J Diddy 03-18-2013 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9510342)
IMO they cut out too many scenes of them traveling. On the road is the lively stuff. Safehouses is where it gets melodramatic which is necessary, but poorly(not even poorly but it gets old) written in the books and translates into the show.

Pretty sauced here,but yes to what you're saying...they have too many directors thinking they've succeeded if they've killed a few zombies via cgi, and not enough "sex." It still pisses me off when they're standing next to the fence talking but not killing the zombies two feet away. That's a fundamental part of them holding the fort and they don't give two shits...

This. I've noticed them doing that shit on the road too. It's a reeruned concept.

If my house has a fence and swarming outside the fence is a bunch of king cobra's I'm going to be popping them whenever I can. Especially if it's going to be an easy ammo free shot.

KChiefer 03-18-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9510343)
This. I've noticed them doing that shit on the road too. It's a reeruned concept.

If my house has a fence and swarming outside the fence is a bunch of king cobra's I'm going to be popping them whenever I can. Especially if it's going to be an easy ammo free shot.

Yeah, in their defense they don't want to use guns because of the sound, and having some walkers outside is a deterrent to peeps wanting to come in so in my head I get it, but if I were standing there, I'm stabbing every hippie in their eye!

melbar 03-18-2013 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9510345)
Yeah, in their defense they don't want to use guns because of the sound, and having some walkers outside is a deterrent to peeps wanting to come in so in my head I get it, but if I were standing there, I'm stabbing every hippie in their eye!

Whatever happened to the "stab 'em through the fence" tactic Rick and Shane came up with at the school?

KChiefer 03-18-2013 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar (Post 9510349)
Whatever happened to the "stab 'em through the fence" tactic Rick and Shane came up with at the school?

Funny you should say that, it was mentioned in the latest comic from a few day ago. Peeps said, "Hey! Let's stop screwing around and stab them through a fence. You know, like what we said was a great idea a year ago."

BRILLIANT!

In a way, it was them referencing their tactics, "Let's get back to basics." But still ugh! Play it cool by a solo walker, sure, but don't leave them to bite you later. That's 101.

OmahaChief 03-18-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spades (Post 9509857)
Had to be Shane. Right?

Either Shane or Lori is the only thing I could come up with.

Deberg_1990 03-18-2013 09:05 AM

Lots of speculation on the interwebs about these past few episodes.

Was last night the episode that got Mazzara fired? He wrote it.

Do they keep having these episodes with half the cast missing as a cost cutting measure?

Ceej 03-18-2013 09:53 AM

I sincerely have no clue who kidnapped Andrea.

I was flipping between TWD and ESPN30 One and Done last night.

Chiefnj2 03-18-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9509847)

Character development on the show sucks. The writers have failed to make the audience care about Andrea, Michonne, Milton, etc.

melbar 03-18-2013 12:46 PM

Ya, dont really like Adrea as portrayed. The actress was on talking dead talking about how noble and good Andrea is. We were watching thinking "wow! She has no idea who Andrea is as she has been portrayed". Adrea seems like a whiner who cozies up to the most powerful person around.

keg in kc 03-18-2013 12:48 PM

That was actually one of my favorite episodes series to this point. Which surprised me since the original cast was almost entirely absent.

melbar 03-18-2013 12:51 PM

Biggest problem with this episode....Why didnt Adrea take the Gov's truck when she left him in the school?! Your gonna walk in the dark when there's an unoccupied vehicle there? Thats how he caught up with her!

OmahaChief 03-18-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar (Post 9511026)
Biggest problem with this episode....Why didnt Adrea take the Gov's truck when she left him in the school?! Your gonna walk in the dark when there's an unoccupied vehicle there? Thats how he caught up with her!

Keys where in the govs pocket and she does not know how to hotwire a car?

OmahaChief 03-18-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9510646)
I sincerely have no clue who kidnapped Andrea.

I was flipping between TWD and ESPN30 One and Done last night.

The Gov got her after she ran off.

melbar 03-18-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 9511031)
Keys where in the govs pocket and she does not know how to hotwire a car?

Ya, could be? I was thinking he left the lights on, but maybe thats it. Course thinking about it Hotwire seems like it would be an essential skill in the Zombie Apocalypse!

melbar 03-18-2013 12:57 PM

Of course she gets caught just as she's waving to Rick to get his attention and he thinks he's seeing things again...

Deberg_1990 03-18-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9511019)
That was actually one of my favorite episodes series to this point. Which surprised me since the original cast was almost entirely absent.

It was ok, except for the ridiculous warehouse chase. Didnt realize zombies were so stealth like now?

seaofred 03-18-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9511054)
It was ok, except for the ridiculous warehouse chase. Didnt realize zombies were so stealth like now?

They actually talked about that a few different times. Like the zombies in the diner in the Morgan episode. Basically if there is no "food" around, they kind of go dormat.

siberian khatru 03-18-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar (Post 9511044)
Of course she gets caught just as she's waving to Rick to get his attention and he thinks he's seeing things again...

I thought for a moment Rick was going to shoot her, in an homage to "Night of the Living Dead."

aturnis 03-18-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9510714)
Character development on the show sucks. The writers have failed to make the audience care about Andrea, Michonne, Milton, etc.

I care more about Andrea now than I did last season. A piece of Michonne's character development was the Morgan episode. Now Milton's character is going to get points with the audience for helping Andrea and probably turning on the governor. It doesn't all happen at once, but their characters are slowly being built. Not doing the greatest job, but they are attempting to.

BlackHelicopters 03-18-2013 03:08 PM

Last night was better. The Gov is a mean SOB. Getting medieval on Andrea. Rick to the rescue?

aturnis 03-18-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9511353)
Last night was better. The Gov is a mean SOB. Getting medieval on Andrea. Rick to the rescue?

Rick doesn't know she's in trouble. Nobody does. The Governor even lied to his top henchmen Martinez about her. The only person who even knows about his torture chamber is Milton. Either Milton finds out where she is and recruits Tyreese to help rescue her, or she becomes the victim Michonne was in the comics.

BlackHelicopters 03-18-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9511835)
Rick doesn't know she's in trouble. Nobody does. The Governor even lied to his top henchmen Martinez about her. The only person who even knows about his torture chamber is Milton. Either Milton finds out where she is and recruits Tyreese to help rescue her, or she becomes the victim Michonne was in the comics.

I just thought that Rick and crew would come to kill the Gov and rescue Andrea. I don't know.

J Diddy 03-18-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9511835)

I can see that. Seems when anyone gets a ton of attention other than Rick their days are numbered. Plus they killed big old Shane in last years season finale so who knows.

Lumpy 03-18-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9512695)
I can see that. Seems when anyone gets a ton of attention other than Rick their days are numbered. Plus they killed big old Shane in last years season finale so who knows.

I hope they don't kill off Andrea. Aside from her not killing the Governor when she had the chance, she's been pretty hardcore. She has one hell of a knife through the skull technique and can curb-stomp Walkers without hesitation.

lcarus 03-18-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9512726)
I hope they don't kill off Andrea. Aside from her not killing the Governor when she had the chance, she's been pretty hardcore. She has one hell of a knife through the skull technique and can curb-stomp Walkers without hesitation.

Yeah I found it hard to believe she couldn't have gotten her mouth away long enough to yell for Rick when the Governor had her. But...it's a tv show.

Lumpy 03-18-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9512789)
Yeah I found it hard to believe she couldn't have gotten her mouth away long enough to yell for Rick when the Governor had her. But...it's a tv show.

I thought about that, too. She could have struggled with him to free herself enough to yell, but she didn't even try. However, had she done that, it would have been a bad move with all of the Walkers outside of the prison.

lcarus 03-18-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9512815)
I thought about that, too. She could have struggled with him to free herself enough to yell, but she didn't even try. However, had she done that, it would have been a bad move with all of the Walkers outside of the prison.

Yeah I considered the walkers too, but in that situation, I think she would have taken her chances with the walkers. It was that or get taken back to the torture chamber. Plus they had the Governor ****ED if Rick had seen him. He was by himself. Would have been a golden opportunity. So far Andrea has been a pretty tough bitch. There's nothing to lead me to believe she couldn't get the Gov's hand away, even for a second.

Basically, one minute she was a tough chick who could take on 4/5 walkers at once. She more or less kicked ass and took names. Then all of a sudden she's Princess Toadstool getting dragged away by Bowser. But whatever. It was entertaining and should be really good next week. :)

Lumpy 03-19-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9512839)
Yeah I considered the walkers too, but in that situation, I think she would have taken her chances with the walkers. It was that or get taken back to the torture chamber. Plus they had the Governor ****ED if Rick had seen him. He was by himself. Would have been a golden opportunity. So far Andrea has been a pretty tough bitch. There's nothing to lead me to believe she couldn't get the Gov's hand away, even for a second.

Basically, one minute she was a tough chick who could take on 4/5 walkers at once. She more or less kicked ass and took names. Then all of a sudden she's Princess Toadstool getting dragged away by Bowser. But whatever. It was entertaining and should be really good next week. :)

Her character's strength does tend to fluctuate a little. LMAO @ "Toadstool getting dragged away by Bowser"

Honestly, I'm really hoping that she gets free somehow and stabs the shit out of the Governor with his torture tools.

AussieChiefsFan 03-19-2013 12:22 AM

I actually really liked this episode. One thing I hate though is that I felt sorry or Andrea. She's been pissing me off for about 4 episodes and now I want her to live, agh. But anyway, I'm really looking forward to next week's episode. Shame there's only 2 left.

mcaj22 03-19-2013 12:31 AM

how many characters do they have to kill going into next season? is there going to be a huge turnover?

i assume the Gov is going to take many down, and the season finale is going to be left with a few "core" which I assume would be at least Rick, Andrea, Carl, Michonne, Glenn, Tyrese/Daryl as untouchables and the rest open to a good swift death