ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

Halfcan 10-28-2013 09:12 AM

Alex continues to confuse me- on one throw he looks great, others he misses wide open Fasano by a mile. He also gave up on some plays much too early.

But we are 8-0 despite terrible O line play.

Sometimes its better to be Lucky than good.

Sandy Vagina 10-28-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10133675)
Could be, but odds are they are just young ignorant dumbasses.

yo mamma, bitch!

just kidding.. yeah, they could be that too. :)

splatbass 10-28-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10133661)
YPA was terrible,

Yeah, it's called the West Coast Offense. They substitute short passes for runs. Where you been since 1982?

Sandy Vagina 10-28-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10133680)
Alex continues to confuse me- on one throw he looks great, others he misses wide open Fasano by a mile. He also gave up on some plays much too early.

But we are 8-0 despite terrible O line play.

Sometimes its better to be Lucky than good.

Yeah, he did a lot of stupid shit throughout the game.. pretty good first half though. He just can't seem to put it all together... maybe he won't. The OL was an issue later in the game... but Alex is an inconsistent QB on a yr 1 offense with multiple issues.

I think he will be given the next 1.5 years to determine if he really is the answer for a while longer. Truth told, we just won't know till then, and even I am having my doubts. The whole offense needs more time, and it's a pure guessing game as to whether they will really get it in a high gear.

duncan_idaho 10-28-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 10133691)
Yeah, it's called the West Coast Offense. They substitute short passes for runs. Where you been since 1982?

YPA was 5.4. That's not West Cost offense territory. That's Real American Gabbert territory. It's awful no matter what offense you're running.

Halfcan 10-28-2013 09:45 AM

Someone came within two bad Alex passes away from taking a year off the Planet. Fasano-way over his head and Avery down the sideline with nothing but green in front of him.

He had 2 TD's this week and gets us another win. Zero turnovers as well.

ChiefsCountry 10-28-2013 09:55 AM

Because of Alex Smith's suckage this game should have been over at halftime yesterday. His inability to complete passes and hell even look deep, the Chiefs should have been up at least 30 on Cleveland then the whole second half they could just tee off on Campbell. Same shit happened with the Eagles game.

The Franchise 10-28-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10133803)
Because of Alex Smith's suckage this game should have been over at halftime yesterday. His inability to complete passes and hell even look deep, the Chiefs should have been up at least 30 on Cleveland then the whole second half they could just tee off on Campbell. Same shit happened with the Eagles game.

This.

That game should have been us raping the Browns. Instead we let them keep up and legitimately could have lost that game.

Smith needs to step the **** up and be consistent.

ChiefsCountry 10-28-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10133808)
This.

That game should have been us raping the Browns. Instead we let them keep up and legitimately could have lost that game.

Yep we had them on their throat only to keep letting them up. Could have went for the kill shot early then let Houston and Hali have a field day in the second.

Halfcan 10-28-2013 10:17 AM

8-0!!!

scho63 10-28-2013 10:21 AM

ALEX SMITHS YTD STATS

1 Attachment(s)
Here is Alex's stats halfway through the season. Still no game over 300 yds passing and his accuracy PCT is way off.

I would give him a B-/C+ so far this year.

PROS:
  • He has made big plays with his feet
  • INT's are low and some not his fault
  • Will throw ball away rather than sack or INT

CONS:
  • Too many missed TD passes
  • Accuracy questionable
  • Not enough Bowe
  • Not enough deep balls

The Franchise 10-28-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10133872)
8-0!!!

Yeah.....great argument and retort.

:rolleyes:

SPATCH 10-28-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10133808)
This.

Davone Bess gave us that game.

JF08 10-28-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10132223)
This is the type of insight we've come to expect from niner fans. Just be happy with our leavings, you don't deserve any better!

I'm not saying that. I'm saying have some fucking patience. Just because a certain outcome has happened before in KC, doesn't mean that same outcome will happen again.

Besides, what do you guys gain by being negative and looking for everything wrong with Smith?

Jakemall 10-28-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF08 (Post 10134064)
I'm not saying that. I'm saying have some ****ing patience. Just because a certain outcome has happened before in KC, doesn't mean that same outcome will happen again.

Besides, what do you guys gain by being negative and looking for everything wrong with Smith?

They've been negative since it was announced that Alex Smith was coming to KC. Why should that stop? They've been consistent about thier dislike for the trade if nothing else. The only way I expect that will ever change is when Alex starts having fantasy football stats like Manning and doesn't leave anything on the field that they can bitch about.

For far he hasn't done the first and he has the later.