ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Mizzou Basketball (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255770)

O.city 02-06-2012 01:40 PM

Worst part is they have the perfect place to play.

Just take out the Illinois game for the Tigers and KU can drop some someone, play at the Sprint center in December.

Done.

DJ's left nut 02-06-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8353522)
UT's bitch?

Being associated with UT has lead Kansas to many great athletic achievements and monetary advantages.

I don't think the University has a single regret being involved with that powerhouse.

So....uh....UT's bitch then?

gblowfish 02-06-2012 01:41 PM

Mizzou better get their heads on straight. They're headed into Norman, and OU swept KSU this year. They can play. I hope we don't see another meltdown like the OSU loss after the Baylor game. Need to stay focused on the big picture, winning the Big 12.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2012 01:41 PM

Kansas told Missouri if they left they wouldn't play them, that's it and that's all.

mnchiefsguy 02-06-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8353510)
I would rank them as follows:

1. Kentucky
2. Syracuse
3. Ohio State
4. Mizzou
5. Baylor
6. North Carolina
7. Florida
8. Duke
9. Murray State
10. Georgetown
11. Kansas

I agree with most of this, although I would probably put Murray State at 11, Georgetown at 9, and ku at 10. If you swapped ku and Georgetown, I would not be terribly upset. I agree with DJ, I think ku, as well as Georgetown, would stomp Murray State in a heartbeat.

Bearcat 02-06-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

1. Kentucky
2. Syracuse
3. Ohio State
4. Mizzou
5. Baylor
6. North Carolina
7. Florida
8. Duke
9. Murray State
10. Georgetown
11. Kansas

I was going to start arguing until I saw Murray State and Georgetown... no need to go full reerun, it was actually a decent discussion for a little while.

mnchiefsguy 02-06-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8353532)
Kansas told Missouri if they left they wouldn't play them, that's it and that's all.

Yep, and ku is looking foolish for doing so. You have confirmed the point many of us have made.....the rivalry is ending at ku's choosing. ku bears the responsibility for it...that's it and that's all.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8353537)
Yep, and ku is looking foolish for doing so. You have confirmed the point many of us have made.....the rivalry is ending at ku's choosing. ku bears the responsibility for it...that's it and that's all.

It isn't as big a rivalry to us that it is to you, sorry bro.

mnchiefsguy 02-06-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8353541)
It isn't as big a rivalry to us that it is to you, sorry bro.

Whatever. It sure seems like it to me. Just look at the ku posters over the last 24 hours or so. Hell, KC_Connection is probably still off somewhere arguing about the refs. Sure seemed like you guys cared on Saturday night and Sunday. Some of us Mizzou fans have even tried to shift the focus of the thread to tonight's game with OU, but you ku fans are having none of that.

Bearcat 02-06-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8353516)
You really think Kansas wouldn't curbstomp Murray State? And Duke's had 2 lousy losses this season (the Miami loss is as bad as Davidson). I certainly don't see anything that Georgetown has done to impress me.

I guess I can buy putting Florida ahead of them and I think NC has the most talent in the nation so they can stay as well. But I don't see how you could put them any lower than 8.

Fine, I'll argue... Florida's most impressive wins have been FSU when FSU was playing like crap and MSU.... and they're the only top 15 team with a SoS over 90 (101). Only one win against the top 25. Plus everything you said about Georgetown and Duke.

But, Florida @ Kentucky, Duke @ UNC, and KU @ Baylor are all this week... so, meh.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-06-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

1. Kentucky
2. Syracuse
3. Ohio State
4. Mizzou
5. Baylor
6. North Carolina
7. Florida
8. Duke
9. Murray State
10. Georgetown
11. Kansas

Georgetown and Murray State over KU?

Explain? And I hope your reasoning goes beyond their records...

Saul Good 02-06-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8353516)
You really think Kansas wouldn't curbstomp Murray State? And Duke's had 2 lousy losses this season (the Miami loss is as bad as Davidson). I certainly don't see anything that Georgetown has done to impress me.

I guess I can buy putting Florida ahead of them and I think NC has the most talent in the nation so they can stay as well. But I don't see how you could put them any lower than 8.

On Murray State:

1. Teams should be ranked based on their bodies of work. I think UNC might beat any team in the country, but I'm not putting them at #1 because their body of work doesn't support it.

2. I'm not betting the farm on a Bill Self coached Kansas squad versus a mid major after December. I've seen enough Scooby Doo episodes to know that the ghost is really the motel owner in a rubber mask.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8353549)
Whatever. It sure seems like it to me. Just look at the ku posters over the last 24 hours or so. Hell, KC_Connection is probably still off somewhere arguing about the refs. Sure seemed like you guys cared on Saturday night and Sunday. Some of us Mizzou fans have even tried to shift the focus of the thread to tonight's game with OU, but you ku fans are having none of that.

Carry on dude, sorry to ruin your day.

mnchiefsguy 02-06-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8353553)
Carry on dude, sorry to ruin your day.

Whatever. Go back to drinking your kool-aid about aliens curing cancer in the DC forum, or whatever your tin foil hat is telling you to post about today.

Imon Yourside 02-06-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8353556)
Whatever. Go back to drinking your kool-aid about aliens curing cancer in the DC forum, or whatever your tin foil hat is telling you to post about today.

LMAO