ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Marvel unviels their next four projects (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261513)

keg in kc 02-10-2015 11:17 PM

I think it's as much about writing the character better and making him part of an ensemble rather than the sole focus.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2015 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11321571)
I think it's as much about writing the character better and making him part of an ensemble rather than the sole focus.

I really enjoyed Ed Norton's turn as The Hulk and even own it on DVD.

But IMO, Mark Ruffalo just has that "Everyman" vibe going on that just really makes it work.

Chiefspants 02-10-2015 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11321546)
I don't know anything about him or his deal with Sony. I do know about some of the things that happened, the leaks, the hack and how it affected certain people, but Garfield wasn't one of them.

Regardless, Sony and Marvel were destined to move on. Kevin Feige has a vision for the MCU and since he didn't choose Garfield, it was unlikely that he'd return, regardless of some "missed dinner", which really sounds like a whole lot of hooey.

I agree. I think the issue that perpetuated Garfield's departure was the derivative & overstuffed scripts coupled with the disappointing box office returns. This was what forced Sony to reach out to Marvel.

DaneMcCloud 02-10-2015 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 11321583)
I agree. I think the issue that perpetuated Garfield's departure was the derivative & overstuffed scripts coupled with the disappointing box office returns. This was what forced Sony to reach out to Marvel.

Amy Pascal didn't know what to do with Spiderman. The only reason it worked initially was due to Sam Raimi's vision.

I have no idea what capacity she'll serve as a liaison from Sony to Marvel but hopefully, it's very small.

keg in kc 02-11-2015 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11321575)
I really enjoyed Ed Norton's turn as The Hulk and even own it on DVD.

But IMO, Mark Ruffalo just has that "Everyman" vibe going on that just really makes it work.

I like Ruffalo more than Bana or Norton. That wasn't what I was trying to say.

I think The Avengers was the first time the character was presented in the right context, the first time they 'got it right'. I don't think the Banner origin story is really all that interesting, doesn't play all that well on the big screen, and I think the best way to really initially sell the character is by letting him do science and smash things in small doses.

That movie was the first onscreen presentation of th hulk to a lot of people (neither movie did well at the box office and the 80's show was a long time ago...) and I think they hit the mark. Now they can expand his role in Age of Ultron and build toward whatever bigger future they have planned for the character. Which I assume is world war hulk although there's no hulk solo movie on the current long term release calendar.

DaneMcCloud 02-11-2015 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11321599)
I like Ruffalo more than Bana or Norton. That wasn't what I was trying to say.

Oh, I got it. I just went off on a tangent. :D

Chiefspants 02-11-2015 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11321598)
Amy Pascal didn't know what to do with Spiderman. The only reason it worked initially was due to Sam Raimi's vision.

I have no idea what capacity she'll serve as a liaison from Sony to Marvel but hopefully, it's very small.

Whatever, dude. I'm still holding out hope for an Aunt May movie.

DaneMcCloud 02-11-2015 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 11321621)

LMAO

007 02-11-2015 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 11321621)

I still can't believe they thought that was a good idea.

Valiant 02-11-2015 02:29 AM

I am good if they want to run with Miles Morales as Spidey, but damn that will cause a bitchfest.

Deberg_1990 02-11-2015 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11321552)
Spider-Man's turning into Doctor Who, new one regenerates every five years.

Heheh

As long as they don't do another Origin story I'm good.

Just have him show up and start interacting with the other players.

Ragged Robin 02-11-2015 09:51 AM

Yeah no origin story please.... and no hipster kid. They should start him as already established/older which can also serve to help everyone headcanon McGuire or whatever the other dude's name is for the origin.

Rausch 02-11-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11321794)
Yeah no origin story please.... and no hipster kid. They should start him as already established/older which can also serve to help everyone headcanon McGuire or whatever the other dude's name is for the origin.

IGN is reporting MCU spidey will be a high school kid again.

No link, saw it on their Roku channel...

The Franchise 02-11-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11321971)
IGN is reporting MCU spidey will be a high school kid again.

No link, saw it on their Roku channel...

:facepalm:

Rausch 02-11-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11321976)
:facepalm:

Quote:

Then, earlier today, both The Hollywood Reporter and Variety reported that Marvel and Sony were looking to cast much younger than the 31-year-old Garfield for a Peter Parker of high school age. “The plan is for the character to go back to high school in the next films,” says Variety, “and spend more time in the setting and explore his awkward relationship with other students while fighting crime out of the classroom.”
Quote:

According to Variety, two of those names are Dylan O’Brien (Stiles on Teen Wolf) and Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson in the Percy Jackson movies).
http://screenrant.com/marvel-spider-...-logan-lerman/