ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How does Dwayne Bowe rank among the elite WR's? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261499)

BigMeatballDave 07-18-2012 05:51 PM

Tony Gonzalez thought Thigpen was a good QB.

BossChief 07-18-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8751161)
Wes Welker is.

And the Patriot Way ain't paying him, neither.

Sauce for the goose.

Welker is like 50 years old.

He is lucky to get 10 million at this stage of his career IMO.

If Bowe doesn't capitalize, he will be tagged again next year and will be 30 by the time he hits fa and nobody will give him a franchise wr deal at all.

He better hope he doesn't get hurt this year, for real.

DBOSHO 07-18-2012 06:00 PM

The sad thing is that bowe could probably have 1400 and 12 every year if cassel would just nut up and throw it downfield to him when he's in 1 on 1 cvg. He can out jump anyone covering him.

Hammock Parties 07-18-2012 06:00 PM

He will be 28 during next year's free agency period.

If they don't tag him, he is going to get paid.

If they DO tag him, he's going to force a trade, because there's no way he's interested in getting ****ed two years in a row.

Chiefnj2 07-18-2012 06:09 PM

Fitz' best years were with Warner throwing the ball and having a really good #2 WR in Bolden lining up opposite of him. Bowe has never had a QB close to Warner's ability and hasn't had a really good threat on the field with him since TG left.

BossChief 07-18-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8751189)
He will be 28 during next year's free agency period.

If they don't tag him, he is going to get paid.

If they DO tag him, he's going to force a trade, because there's no way he's interested in getting ****ed two years in a row.

Bowe turns 28 in mid september.

For the purpose of a football conversation, he is 28 this year and 29 next year.

Also, don't be stupid...Pioli didn't **** him this year.

Shit, Brandon Albert fired his agent recently...the same agent that represents Bowe.

If Albert thinks his agent did a good job in the Bowe negotiations, he wouldn't fire him.

I'd be willing to bet Bowes agent turned down a fair offer.

Hammock Parties 07-18-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8751211)
Bowe turns 28 in mid september.

For the purpose of a football conversation, he is 28 this year and 29 next year.

29 isn't old for a receiver.

Especially one who doesn't rely on top end speed.

Bowe is getting paid by someone, and it's not gonna be us.

BossChief 07-18-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8751210)
Fitz' best years were with Warner throwing the ball and having a really good #2 WR in Bolden lining up opposite of him. Bowe has never had a QB close to Warner's ability and hasn't had a really good threat on the field with him since TG left.

Fitz is truly elite. He has out up unbelievable numbers with crap quarterbacks (sans the time with Warner)

BigRock 07-18-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8751103)
My own personal opinion is that you're looking at it from a fantasy football owner's perception.

This is the complete opposite of what I'm doing.

The people pulling out every stat they can think of are the people trying to making the case that he's elite. I don't care what his numbers are. A guy can play with someone like Drew Brees and put up a bunch of yards and TDs, it doesn't make him an elite player. It makes him a guy in a good situation. On the other hand, a guy can play with shit around him and still be a beast. You can be an elite player and not have huge stats.

The very first thing I said in this thread is that if you have to look at a bunch of numbers to make the case that a guy is elite, then he's probably not. And that's all that's going on here.

We all watch Bowe play. If we're being honest, we all know that outside of his one great year in 2010, the games where Bowe went beast, the games where you'd watch him and turn to your buddy and go "Holy shit! I'd put him right up there with the best in the league!" -- which is what it means to be elite -- are far less common than the games where he was simply good.

It's like I'm insulting Bowe that I'm not saying he's elite. He's a VERY GOOD receiver. The best one the Chiefs have had since the Hoover administration. He's right in that group under the elite. He deserves every penny he can squeeze out of Clark. I have said all of this more than once.

He's just not an elite player. If he was an elite player, you could mention him in the same breath as other elite players. Megatron, Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson... Dwayne Bowe. Bit of a drop there.

And even the people saying Bowe is elite seem to admit this. They just want to expand the category of "elite" so it has multiple tiers, where Bowe can be included but still be ranked below the guys who actually ARE elite. Except doing that sort of defeats the whole purpose.

BossChief 07-18-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8751216)
29 isn't old for a receiver.

Especially one who doesn't rely on top end speed.

Bowe is getting paid by someone, and it's not gonna be us.

Try to follow along a little better.

I said that if Bowe has a good year, there is no way we just let him walk.

We will tag him again and he would be 30 (in football terms) by the time he would hit free agency.

Im not saying that's what we SHOULD do...but if Bowe demands money that is unreasonable...what else is Pioli supposed to do to protect this team responsibly?

Hammock Parties 07-18-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8751217)
Fitz is truly elite. He has out up unbelievable numbers with crap quarterbacks (sans the time with Warner)

Cardinals pass attempts by year during Fitz's career.

Chiefs pass attempts by year during Bowe's career.

I bet Bowe would be regarded as "TRULY ELITE" if he switched teams.

lcarus 07-18-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8751138)
You're a ****ing tard. The only point I have argued against Bowe is that he isn't Fitz/Megatron good. He is not top 3. I then argued as to why. He is in the next tier though.

I agree. I said the same thing except I put White on that list ahead of Bowe, which is debateable. I'm just trying not to be a homer as much as possible. Again, not saying you're a homer if you rank Bowe ahead of White. The point is, Bowe is right there with the best WRs in the league, and there aren't many better.

BossChief 07-18-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8751228)

why?

He had the same production when we were in the top 11 as when we were in the bottom 6.

I totally agree that he would be looked at as truly elite if he was paired with a good quarterback.

-King- 07-18-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad King (Post 8751228)

You should be comparing targets not pass attempts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 07-18-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8751239)
You should be comparing targets not pass attempts.
Posted via Mobile Device

We already did that.

Larry was targeted 168 times in 2010.

Bowe? 125.

Guess who had more yards and more TDs.

BOWE.