ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274670)

007 04-22-2015 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11451839)
Except the part where Reeve, Hackman, and Kidder all received nominations.

Forget those peasants. Superman I and II were great movies.

Tribal Warfare 04-22-2015 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11451844)

The Granddaddy of all superhero movies, and the only Nolan's Dark Knight film is the only one that could compare when it comes to cultural impact.

Fire Me Boy! 04-22-2015 06:58 AM

Considering we actually have a Super_Man movie, can the mods please disable the auto-smiley? Or make it so you have use colons around it like most of the other smilies?

mdchiefsfan 04-22-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11451893)
Considering we actually have a Super_Man movie, can the mods please disable the auto-smiley? Or make it so you have use colons around it like most of the other smilies?

Trust me, there are probably enough colons around Superman as it is.

Da dum ching!

bowener 04-22-2015 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11451893)

I agree. Please.

-King- 04-23-2015 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11451839)
Except the part where Reeve, Hackman, and Kidder all received nominations.

Hackman was the only one who received a nomination for anything big. Reeve won an award so insignificant they stopped giving it away in 1984.

And to be honest, being nominated for a BAFTA doesn't really mean anything to me. None of those people were nominated for any Oscars.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990 04-23-2015 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11451844)

They were great as a kid. Showing their age now

First one was great except for the Otis stuff

2nd one was great for the era it was made, but is really corny now.

007 04-23-2015 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11453714)
They were great as a kid. Showing their age now

First one was great except for the Otis stuff

2nd one was great for the era it was made, but is really corny now.

Dont' care. I still love watching them both. Reminds me of simpler and happier times.

If only they could have done it all Donner's way in both movies

Deberg_1990 04-23-2015 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11453719)
Dont' care. I still love watching them both. Reminds me of simpler and happier times.

If only they could have done it all Donner's way in both movies

I've never seen the Donner cut of II

I need to check that out sometime

Fire Me Boy! 04-23-2015 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11453672)
Hackman was the only one who received a nomination for anything big. Reeve won an award so insignificant they stopped giving it away in 1984.

And to be honest, being nominated for a BAFTA doesn't really mean anything to me. None of those people were nominated for any Oscars.
Posted via Mobile Device

AH, so you get to pick and choose which award categories that fit your argument. Good to know.

It was also nominated for Best Comedy Adapted from Another Medium in the Writer's Guild.

Easy 6 04-23-2015 11:43 AM

5 reasons Ben Affleck will be a great Batman...

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reason...r4=recommended

Swanman 04-23-2015 12:24 PM

When Batman is yapping at Supes at the end of the trailer, the eyes in the suit definitely have a green hue. That could be kryptonite in some form. It appears they are taking a small page out the Dark Knight Returns cartoon when Batman got a special bulked up suit to fight Superman.

AustinChief 04-23-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11451297)
Not really.

Marvel has done a good job of balancing powers and weaknesses. The 90's were pretty poor overall for the introduction of characters but Marvel has been good about slowly explaining origins and back stories.

Wolverine, Cable, and Deadpool were characters that were introduced later and had histories that played out over years or decades.

And really for a long time Marvel just had better writers...

All of this. The only DC character (from my childhood) that I felt was on par with Marvel was Firestorm.

-King- 04-23-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11453735)
AH, so you get to pick and choose which award categories that fit your argument. Good to know.

It was also nominated for Best Comedy Adapted from Another Medium in the Writer's Guild.

Its not so much pick and choose. I've literally never heard of the BAFTAs before that post so its really irrelevant to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus 04-23-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 11454231)
When Batman is yapping at Supes at the end of the trailer, the eyes in the suit definitely have a green hue. That could be kryptonite in some form. It appears they are taking a small page out the Dark Knight Returns cartoon when Batman got a special bulked up suit to fight Superman.

It'll be interesting to see how they go through with that. We've yet to see kryptonite in this new Superman franchise.