ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

luv 01-30-2010 06:12 PM

Rented The Hangover and Surrogates.

KCUnited 01-31-2010 05:32 PM

[REC]

First person like Cloverfield. Is it a zombie, is it a zombie like virus? Who knows, but decent if you're looking to kill an hour and twenty minutes.

Reaper16 01-31-2010 06:14 PM

I'm watching that seminal masterpiece of 90's cinema -- Space Jam. It contains the worst officiated game of basketball ever. I've heard of the refs "letting the guys play" but this is ridiculous.

KcMizzou 01-31-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6494979)
I'm watching that seminal masterpiece of 90's cinema -- Space Jam. It contains the worst officiated game of basketball ever. I've heard of the refs "letting the guys play" but this is ridiculous.

LMAO

Sure-Oz 01-31-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 6492116)
I finally watched (500) Days of Summer a couple nights ago. It lived up to the hype.

Watched it today and definetly lived up to the hype. One of the better movies ive seen in quite some time. I may buy it when the price goes down.

Reaper16 01-31-2010 08:43 PM

I'll say what I previously said about (500) Days of Summer: more like (500) Things Ripped Off from the hit CBS sitcom "How I Met Your Mother."

irishjayhawk 01-31-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6495416)
I'll say what I previously said about (500) Days of Summer: more like (500) Things Ripped Off from the hit CBS sitcom "How I Met Your Mother."

That means I'll love HIMYM. :)

Sure-Oz 01-31-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

I have never seen that show, looks funny

KcMizzou 02-01-2010 12:44 AM

So I saw "Up in the Air"... really enjoyed it.

Spoiler!

Miles 02-01-2010 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6495904)
So I saw "Up in the Air"... really enjoyed it.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Miles 02-01-2010 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6495712)
I have never seen that show, looks funny

It starts a little up and down during the first season and hits the occasional dry spell but well worth checking out.

Miles 02-01-2010 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 6491200)
Do you want ants, because that's how you get ants.

I'll fetch the rug.

Fire Me Boy! 02-01-2010 06:43 AM

Quote:

Never watched it. Plan to someday though.

OnTheWarpath15 02-01-2010 07:58 AM

Well, so much for watching Che this week.

Had three different days to pull it off, and things kept getting in the way.

:cuss:

Reaper16 02-01-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 6496030)
Never watched it. Plan to someday though.

As far as the film (500) DoS, it is something of a breath of fresh air in the genre. Joseph Gordon-Levitt gives a very strong performance; I want casting directors to give him some meatier stuff. Zooey Deschanel's character was super-annoying, though. I really wanted to throw physical objects at her.

blaise 02-01-2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6496089)
As far as the film (500) DoS, it is something of a breath of fresh air in the genre. Joseph Gordon-Levitt gives a very strong performance; I want casting directors to give him some meatier stuff. Zooey Deschanel's character was super-annoying, though. I really wanted to throw physical objects at her.

I thought he was great in Brick, and The Lookout was a pretty good movie, too. He was good there, although Matthew Goode sort of trumps him. Plus it's set in Kansas & Kansas City so it adds a little to it. Not that there's any real shots of KC that I can recall.

Sure-Oz 02-01-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

She totally reminds me of a chick i dated for about 2 months...his character def. is part of the blame for the situation. Rock solid movie, though, i liked the message or whatever it was. May buy it later

Reaper16 02-01-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6496548)
She totally reminds me of a chick i dated for about 2 months...his character def. is part of the blame for the situation. Rock solid movie, though, i liked the message or whatever it was. May buy it later

He's not to blame for anything but how deeply he was hurt by the breakup (since he was told from the onset that Summer didn't want anything serious). But they were going to break up no matter what he did because Summer is mouseshit crazy -- a truly insane creature.

Sure-Oz 02-01-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6496921)
He's not to blame for anything but how deeply he was hurt by the breakup (since he was told from the onset that Summer didn't want anything serious). But they were going to break up no matter what he did because Summer is mouseshit crazy -- a truly insane creature.

I hear you, i have been in that situation but not deeply hurt like that, but more of a wtf? lol I felt bad for tom, she is def. unique and insane...i did like how it ended though. that's life

DJJasonp 02-01-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 6496096)
I thought he was great in Brick, and The Lookout was a pretty good movie, too. He was good there, although Matthew Goode sort of trumps him. Plus it's set in Kansas & Kansas City so it adds a little to it. Not that there's any real shots of KC that I can recall.

Both are movies many havent heard of - but well worth the viewing.

heapshake 02-01-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

As far as the film (500) DoS, it is something of a breath of fresh air in the genre. Joseph Gordon-Levitt gives a very strong performance; I want casting directors to give him some meatier stuff.

I'd say he's had lots of meatier stuff. He's played a teenage hustler/gigolo (Mysterious Skin), a psychopathic killer (Killshot), a homeless loner who blows stuff up (Hesher), a teenage Philip Marlowe (Brick), and a brain damaged bank robber (The Lookout).

Reaper16 02-01-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heapshake (Post 6497409)
I'd say he's had lots of meatier stuff. He's played a teenage hustler/gigolo (Mysterious Skin), a psychopathic killer (Killshot), a homeless loner who blows stuff up (Hesher), a teenage Philip Marlowe (Brick), and a brain damaged bank robber (The Lookout).

Meatier from the perspective of an actor. A leading role with complexity.

luv 02-01-2010 06:58 PM

I finally saw Avatar. Loved it. I can't imagine seeing it not in 3D.

Looking forward to Alice in Wonderland.

bevischief 02-01-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6497565)

Is it true what I have heard that it is "Dances with wolves in 3D"?

Sure-Oz 02-01-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6497565)

I've only seen it once in theaters in 3d imax, i want to go again soon.

luv 02-01-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 6497579)
Is it true what I have heard that it is "Dances with wolves in 3D"?

Not quite.

Frazod 02-01-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6497654)
Not quite.

It's also Pocahontas in 3D, too. :D

Reaper16 02-01-2010 07:42 PM

and Fern Gully
and The Last Samurai
and Princess Mononoke

jiveturkey 02-01-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6491648)
Watched the animated movie 9 last night (BTW -- it is unfortunate that 2009 saw the wide release of films with the titles District 9, Nine and 9). It was pretty mediocre stuff, though fairly cute and fun. It felt like a late 90's videogame in that the movie was all 1.) exploration, 2.) boss battle, 3.) learn some story about the past and such 4.) repeat.

It's almost like it was an episode from a 5 part mini-series. It felt like it was missing a ton of story.

luv 02-01-2010 09:34 PM

I think I just need to start watching everything you guys think sucks, because I'll probably enjoy it.

Any thoughts on The Hangover before I put it in?

Jenson71 02-01-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6497863)
I think I just need to start watching everything you guys think sucks, because I'll probably enjoy it.

First 30 minutes funny, then it mellows out and gets a bit stale.

KcMizzou 02-01-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

LMAO

I'm also pretty easy to please.

Fwiw, I don't think many disliked Avatar... they're just saying the story's been done before. (over and over) But that's not really it's selling point anyway.

As for The Hangover... it's pretty damned funny. Not quite as good as the hype, IMO... but well worth a watch.

Sure-Oz 02-01-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

I loved hangover, you ever seen harold and kumar go to whitecastle, good shiaaat

KcMizzou 02-01-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6497894)
I loved hangover, you ever seen harold and kumar go to whitecastle, good shiaaat

You haven't lived until you've seen Doogie Howser snort a line off a stripper's ass through a car's sunroof.

Sure-Oz 02-01-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6497902)
You haven't lived until you've seen Doogie Howser snort a line off a stripper's ass through a car's sunroof.

The coolest scene ever

luv 02-02-2010 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6497894)

I liked Harold and Kumar better than this. It was alright, but not nearly as funny as I thought it would be.

spicygirl 02-02-2010 02:46 AM

As the winter is arriving so in this article we are discussing some of the significant and prominent nails care tips for women and girls.
With the opening of our Studio Be Pilates Annex coming soon, and the launch of our bar method classes, I think it’s time for a little history lesson on The Bar Method. The p90x schedule below could be the identical plan you get when you buy p90X. To help you change the work-outs for the level of fitness nevertheless, the exercise is Extreme.

cheap longchamp Luggage

Extravagant proudly owning a Longchamp Le pliage bag or even additional? It?ˉs so useful, durable and are available in many various colors. Now on sale!

irishjayhawk 02-02-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6498284)
I liked Harold and Kumar better than this. It was alright, but not nearly as funny as I thought it would be.

It's funny but in reality it's a better produced and written Dude, Where's my Car.

Sure-Oz 02-02-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 6498284)

Did you see 500 days of summer yet

NewChief 02-02-2010 01:29 PM

I watched Paranormal Activity:

Bigtime MEH! I think my reaction was a result of overhyped expectation. I'd heard how ****ing scary it was... and don't watch this alone... you won't sleep... it will turn you back to Christianity.... it just wasn't that scary. I appreciate the project itself, but the scare factor was overall pretty low.

I also watched Let the Right One In (my wife was thrilled about my movie selections this weekend). I dug this movie. Original vampire flick with an exceptional setting.

Food Inc: watched this on Sunday (we got snowed in, so I watched a lot of movies). It was okay and important. I've read about every "important" book on this subject and my wife has been subjected to my rants about it for years.... so it wasn't really anything new for either one of us. My Joel Salatin mancrush continues to grow, though.

Miles 02-03-2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6472365)
Jesus Christ, people. Just put In the Loop at the very top of your Netflix queue already. I've seen it seven times since July and it cracks my shit up every time.

Holy shit its a spin-off of a series that also has Malcolm.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0459159/

Ceej 02-03-2010 11:46 PM

The Crazies looks good to me.

Reaper16 02-03-2010 11:59 PM

I watched the documentary Beer Wars today. It was a weak film that nonetheless had some intriguing segments, notably the scenes with Dogfish Head owner Sam Caligione. I wish the film were better though, as I am passionate about the state of the beer industry (as most of you know).

KcMizzou 02-04-2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6499339)
I watched Paranormal Activity:

Bigtime MEH! I think my reaction was a result of overhyped expectation. I'd heard how ****ing scary it was... and don't watch this alone... you won't sleep... it will turn you back to Christianity.... it just wasn't that scary. I appreciate the project itself, but the scare factor was overall pretty low.

I think it's the kind of film that any hype just kills.

If you knew nothing about it, had never heard of it... and watched it on a whim... you might think differently.

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2010 10:52 AM

Does Netflix only have one ****ing copy of Hurt Locker and The Hangover?

Both have been "very long wait" for over a ****ing month.

Brock 02-04-2010 10:53 AM

I'm thinking of shitcanning netflix. This is getting ridiculous.

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 6504979)
I'm thinking of shitcanning netflix. This is getting ridiculous.

Right now, the only reason I'm keeping it is for the streaming stuff I get on PS3.

For the last month, the only disks I've gotten from my cue were seasons of Weeds and Che. Everything else is very long wait, and has been forever.

The Franchise 02-04-2010 11:01 AM

Go rent movies from a Redbox machine. It's a $1 per day and they usually have copies of the new releases.

jiveturkey 02-04-2010 11:02 AM

I've got a pretty deep que on Netflix so it's easy for me to move good shit to 3rd and 4th place behind the "long waits". Every now and then we get lucky and a "long wait" shows up.

I'm not sure what I would do without Netflix. Are Blockbusters still around?

The Franchise 02-04-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 6505000)
I've got a pretty deep que on Netflix so it's easy for me to move good shit to 3rd and 4th place behind the "long waits". Every now and then we get lucky and a "long wait" shows up.

I'm not sure what I would do without Netflix. Are Blockbusters still around?

Yes Blockbusters are still around and you can actually sign up for online movie rentals like Netflix does. Except with Blockbuster you can take your online rentals into the store and exchange them out there.

Frazod 02-04-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6504978)

I still just go to Blockbuster, saw both of these movies the day they came out. :shrug:

I just don't get the fascination with this online crap. If you want a movie, go rent one. If you want a new release, go rent it on the Tuesday it comes out.

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6505009)
I still just go to Blockbuster, saw both of these movies the day they came out. :shrug:

I just don't get the fascination with this online crap. If you want a movie, go rent one. If you want a new release, go rent it on the Tuesday it comes out.

There's not a BB with 10 miles of me. The one down the road shut down.

Does RedBox do BluRay, or just regular DVD?

Sure-Oz 02-04-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Beats me....ive never had a problem getting a new movie within 2 weeks at the latest. i believe a few movies i got were very long wait for a week and then i got them. Are you renting 'dvd or bluray' i get all bluray and i heard those seem to take longer. The longest wait ive had i believe is 3 weeks. I ususally send out my dvds on a monday back if i can, and sometimes i get lucky and get a new one right away.

The Franchise 02-04-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6505015)
There's not a BB with 10 miles of me. The one down the road shut down.

Does RedBox do BluRay, or just regular DVD?

I'm pretty sure it's just regular DVD.

www.redbox.com

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6505016)
Beats me....ive never had a problem getting a new movie within 2 weeks at the latest. i believe a few movies i got were very long wait for a week and then i got them. Are you renting 'dvd or bluray' i get all bluray and i heard those seem to take longer. The longest wait ive had i believe is 3 weeks. I ususally send out my dvds on a monday back if i can, and sometimes i get lucky and get a new one right away.

I get BluRay only.

And I've NEVER had a problem before these two movies.

I can't think of a single time I didn't get another movie within a day.

I just sent Weeds Season 4-Disk 2 back on Monday, and Weeds Season 5-Disk 1 was in the mailbox yesterday.

I almost wonder if people are stealing them, since Netflix makes it pretty damn easy to do so, and they just don't have the inventory.

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6505022)
I'm pretty sure it's just regular DVD.

www.redbox.com

That.

blaise 02-04-2010 11:17 AM

An old movie, but I'd never seen it until now- Manhattan by Woody Allen. I never felt like watching a Woody Allen movie before. Growing up he was just one of the people my parents thought was hilarious, but just seemed boring and old to me. Then the whole Mia Farrow thing went down and he seemed like a creep. Since then I'd read stuff dwritten for the New Yorker and it's really great, hilarious stuff, but still never watched his films.
Anyway, I thought Manhattan was fantastic. Great writing, great casting, great acting. The black and white totally works, especially with the shots of NYC. I was surprised at how entertained I was by it. Just a really good movie.

The Franchise 02-04-2010 11:18 AM

I'll let you borrow my copy of The Hangover on Blu-ray. It's going to cost you $30 plus shipping though. :D

Sure-Oz 02-04-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6505023)
I get BluRay only.

And I've NEVER had a problem before these two movies.

I can't think of a single time I didn't get another movie within a day.

I just sent Weeds Season 4-Disk 2 back on Monday, and Weeds Season 5-Disk 1 was in the mailbox yesterday.

I almost wonder if people are stealing them, since Netflix makes it pretty damn easy to do so, and they just don't have the inventory.

Would not surprise me it's so easy saying 'it got lost' and they send another one...

they have been a pretty good company since ive had them for 2 years and no complaints here and i watch alot of movies. Hopefully you get those soon. How many movies are in your que? i have about 30-40 and usually get them fast, not sure if that matters priority wise or not.

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6505035)
Would not surprise me it's so easy saying 'it got lost' and they send another one...

they have been a pretty good company since ive had them for 2 years and no complaints here and i watch alot of movies. Hopefully you get those soon. How many movies are in your que? i have about 30-40 and usually get them fast, not sure if that matters priority wise or not.

I'm wondering if that's the problem. I only have like 10 disks in my queue, but have close to 100 in my instant queue.

Maybe I need to load my queue up with bullshit and see if that helps.

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6505033)
I'll let you borrow my copy of The Hangover on Blu-ray. It's going to cost you $30 plus shipping though. :D

LMAO

I'd just go buy it.

Which I may do with Hurt Locker. I'm paying $10 a month to get caught up on Weeds, and watch documentaries streamed through the PS3.

Speaking of, I found The Rape of Europa interesting.

Frazod 02-04-2010 11:25 AM

Hurt Locker is worth buying, IMO (as is Moon). Hangover, not so much. It was a good movie, but not one I need to see more than once.

OnTheWarpath15 02-04-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6505047)
Hurt Locker is worth buying, IMO (as is Moon). Hangover, not so much. It was a good movie, but not one I need to see more than once.

That's what I've heard, which is why I'm considering buying it.

I need to start scouting around for a deal.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-04-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

I got both the day they came out. The trick is to add poplular movies to your queue while they are in the theater. Discs are allocated to users based on first come first served, so those who have it the queue longest get it first. Works like a charm for me.

Brock 02-04-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6505073)
I got both the day they came out. The trick is to add poplular movies to your queue while they are in the theater. Discs are allocated to users based on first come first served, so those who have it the queue longest get it first. Works like a charm for me.

I'll try this, thanks.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-04-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 6505108)
I'll try this, thanks.

also if you really want a movie on release day but you forgot to return a disc on Saturday to ensure you have an open slot, sometimes it's helpful to "lose a movie in the mail".

patteeu 02-04-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 6505030)
An old movie, but I'd never seen it until now- Manhattan by Woody Allen. I never felt like watching a Woody Allen movie before. Growing up he was just one of the people my parents thought was hilarious, but just seemed boring and old to me. Then the whole Mia Farrow thing went down and he seemed like a creep. Since then I'd read stuff dwritten for the New Yorker and it's really great, hilarious stuff, but still never watched his films.
Anyway, I thought Manhattan was fantastic. Great writing, great casting, great acting. The black and white totally works, especially with the shots of NYC. I was surprised at how entertained I was by it. Just a really good movie.

I've had Manhattan near the top of my Netflix queue (just behind Inglourious Basterds) since it came out in 1979 and it still says "Very Long Wait"!

patteeu 02-04-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6505035)

I don't think that matters. I've usually got 150 in my queue and currently, at the top of my queue, I've got Long or Very Long Waits on

Inglourious Basterds
Zombieland
Weeds (Season 5)
Post Grad
The Hangover
Farscape (Season 4, disks 3-6 [discs 1 and 2 arrived after several weeks of waiting])

Public Enemies has just become a Short Wait for me.

All of the above were at the top of my queue on the day they were released and have been skipped over several times due to not being available when it was time to ship my next DVD.

In the past, they've occasionally shipped me a 4th DVD (I'm on the 3-at-a-time plan) and my theory is that they do that if you've been waiting a sufficiently long time on a particular title. For that reason, I keep all of my Long Waits at the top of my queue. I can't say that my theory has been verified by my experience though. The 4th DVD deal still occurs pretty infrequently.

One other thing I've heard is that high volume users have lower priority in the wait queues than low volume or new users. This could very well be the case. I'm a high volume user and I almost never get a popular new release very early.

patteeu 02-04-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6505073)

Maybe this is true, but I get movies in the saved queue as soon as I hear about them (which usually means I've heard about them here) and that is often at or before the movie's theatrical opening. As soon as the saved item moves into the normal queue with a status of "Releases on xx/xx/xx", I move it to the top of my queue. I still wait forever.

For example, I've had Legion and Book of Eli in my saved queue so long that I can't remember when I added them. They're both still in the theaters but I bet I end up wait listed when they come out on DVD. Kick-Ass hasn't had it's theatrical release yet but it's in my queue and I won't be surprised if I have to wait anyway.

KJROD20 02-04-2010 12:49 PM

Watched Saw 6 last night. As dumb as those movies are, I have to watch them when they come out on DVD. For some reason, I just think they're really entertaining.

Sure-Oz 02-04-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 6505253)
I don't think that matters. I've usually got 150 in my queue and currently, at the top of my queue, I've got Long or Very Long Waits on

Inglourious Basterds
Zombieland
Weeds (Season 5)
Post Grad
The Hangover
Farscape (Season 4, disks 3-6 [discs 1 and 2 arrived after several weeks of waiting])

Public Enemies has just become a Short Wait for me.

All of the above were at the top of my queue on the day they were released and have been skipped over several times due to not being available when it was time to ship my next DVD.

In the past, they've occasionally shipped me a 4th DVD (I'm on the 3-at-a-time plan) and my theory is that they do that if you've been waiting a sufficiently long time on a particular title. For that reason, I keep all of my Long Waits at the top of my queue. I can't say that my theory has been verified by my experience though. The 4th DVD deal still occurs pretty infrequently.

One other thing I've heard is that high volume users have lower priority in the wait queues than low volume or new users. This could very well be the case. I'm a high volume user and I almost never get a popular new release very early.

I wonder if it depends on the shipping center that is by your location? i know we have one in kc that is close and i seem to have great luck in getting things pretty fast. I got public enemies last week after 2 weeks in the que and it was at very long wait. The only reason it took 2 weeks cause i took forever returning hte previous flick to be honest.

patteeu 02-04-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6505326)
I wonder if it depends on the shipping center that is by your location? i know we have one in kc that is close and i seem to have great luck in getting things pretty fast. I got public enemies last week after 2 weeks in the que and it was at very long wait. The only reason it took 2 weeks cause i took forever returning hte previous flick to be honest.

I get mine from the KC shipping center too. Public Enemies has been in my queue while at least a dozen other movies further down the queue have shipped to me.

jiveturkey 02-04-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 6505269)
For example, I've had Legion and Book of Eli in my saved queue so long that I can't remember when I added them. They're both still in the theaters but I bet I end up wait listed when they come out on DVD. Kick-Ass hasn't had it's theatrical release yet but it's in my queue and I won't be surprised if I have to wait anyway.

I do this as well. As soon as I see a trailer of interest I'll add it. Sometimes during previews in the theater I'll add shit that looks good. I've got an app for that. :)

I still don't have a problem waiting. They come when they come and it beats driving to Blockbuster or getting regular DVD's from Redbox.

patteeu 02-04-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 6505397)
I do this as well. As soon as I see a trailer of interest I'll add it. Sometimes during previews in the theater I'll add shit that looks good. I've got an app for that. :)

I still don't have a problem waiting. They come when they come and it beats driving to Blockbuster or getting regular DVD's from Redbox.

Yes, I agree. The only way I could get movies into my queue any earlier would be if I proactively went out looking for new trailers instead of waiting to see them here on ChiefsPlanet. I've got to believe that I get those movies into my queue well before the huge majority of people so I don't believe it's a true first-come-first-serve queuing system.

jiveturkey 02-04-2010 03:11 PM

That's one of the things that I love about this place. I've added a bunch of movies to my que that I never would have heard of. Moon is a good example of this.

My wife often asks how I find a lot of the movies that we watch.

Sure-Oz 02-04-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 6505370)
I get mine from the KC shipping center too. Public Enemies has been in my queue while at least a dozen other movies further down the queue have shipped to me.

really makes me wonder whats the secret to get the new movies? Right now my 'latest' movie im waiting on his moon

I dont think its that big of a deal honestly how long it takes, but then again i havent had to wait more than 3 weeks. I always return movies monday though, and sometimes other days if i take forever to watch

mikeyis4dcats. 02-04-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6506424)
really makes me wonder whats the secret to get the new movies? Right now my 'latest' movie im waiting on his moon

I dont think its that big of a deal honestly how long it takes, but then again i havent had to wait more than 3 weeks. I always return movies monday though, and sometimes other days if i take forever to watch

The key to getting a new release is to return the disc on Saturday. New releases are packed and mailed Monday afternoon.

Sure-Oz 02-04-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6506449)
The key to getting a new release is to return the disc on Saturday. New releases are packed and mailed Monday afternoon.

May have to give that a shot, but i pretty much seem have time to watch movies during the weekend:doh!:

patteeu 02-04-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6506449)

You'd think that that would increase your chances, but I've sent movies back on every day of the week (not every day of every week of course), and I can't remember ever getting a hot new release without waiting first.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-04-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 6506634)
You'd think that that would increase your chances, but I've sent movies back on every day of the week (not every day of every week of course), and I can't remember ever getting a hot new release without waiting first.

dunno what you do wrong. I could get a new release every week I bet if I wanted one. I try to get one about 3 times a month and have success probably 80-85% of the time.