ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

sedated 12-06-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8167973)
True. Literally thousands of Kansas football fans showed up at Arrowhead.

To avoid seeing the worst team in the sport.

Your argument is the same as a Broncos fan coming in here saying “you guys were blacked out in 2009? I always knew you had no fans.”

Saul Good 12-06-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8175883)
Well it is KANSAS City...

Yep. When an entire state is named after a city in Missouri, it only makes sense that Missouri would get to keep the event even after asking Kansas how our asses taste.

DJ's left nut 12-06-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8175883)
Well it is KANSAS City...

Ah yes, the state so magnificent that they named Kansas City, Missouri after it almost 25 years before the state of Kansas actually existed.

EDIT: Eat me, Saul.

sedated 12-06-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8175823)
The Big 12 will never hold another event in KC, err...

Last month, the Big 12 announced it would host its 2013 and 2014 women's soccer championships at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park in Kansas City, Kan. The Phillips 66 Big 12 Men's Basketball Championship is scheduled for Kansas City, Mo. through 2014.

That’s in Kansas, not Missouri. And pardon me for not cumming in my pants about the conference women’s soccer tournament.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8175823)
The Phillips 66 Big 12 Men's Basketball Championship is scheduled for Kansas City, Mo. through 2014.

and those were already scheduled. Like the Jay Leno line, “I can’t believe we are holding a press conference to celebrate that I’m NOT fired.”

Saul Good 12-06-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8175892)
To avoid seeing the worst team in the sport.

Your argument is the same as a Broncos fan coming in here saying “you guys were blacked out in 2009? I always knew you had no fans.”

There's a huge difference between sending 66,000 fans (blacked out Chiefs game) and 6,000 fans (KU in the last game against its biggest rival).

Bambi 12-06-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8175896)
Yep. When an entire state is named after a city in Missouri, it only makes sense that Missouri would get to keep the event even after asking Kansas how our asses taste.

I dunno, I heard you lived in Kansas.

You're a hypocrite of the lowest form.

But eh, whatever. Just like NYC, we build our stadiums in places where the people are dumb enough to pay for it. Sorry Jackson County.

DJ's left nut 12-06-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8175916)

But eh, whatever. Just like NYC, we build our stadiums in places where the people are dumb enough to pay for it. Sorry Jackson County.

So the IIX built the Sprint Center now?

Frazod 12-06-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry - are you a fan of the Johnson County Chiefs? LMAO

The good news is Kansas actually has sports of its own now - soccer and NASCAR. Both seem right up your alley. Along with Alphonse the hairdresser.

Bambi 12-06-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8175923)
I'm sorry - are you a fan of the Johnson County Chiefs? LMAO

The good news is Kansas actually has sports of its own now - soccer and NASCAR. Both seem right up your alley. Along with Alphonse the hairdresser.

Of course I am. We all share different aspects of life in the area.

You live in Kansas and drive over to KCMO for sports. Everyone wins.

Titty Meat 12-06-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8175844)
My reaction to reading that article earlier today was one of absolute excitement for my city. Your reactions were to laugh and gloat about being right over other message board posters.

**** you guys.

Detroit has nice sporting venues too.....

Frazod 12-06-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8175933)
Of course I am. We all share different aspects of life in the area.

You live in Kansas and drive over to KCMO for sports. Everyone wins.

How nice that you support your MISSOURI teams.

Saul Good 12-06-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

How does that make me hypocritical? Canada sucks compared to the US, but there are some really nice parts of Canada, and it wouldn't suck living in Canada as long as you live in one of the nice parts with easy access to everything the US has to offer.

Trust me, if you weren't allowed to travel outside your state of residence, I wouldn't live in Kansas.

Pants 12-06-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8175938)
How nice that you support your MISSOURI teams.

They're not Missouri teams, they're KC teams. The only team associated with the state is the one that has the state in its name. Should the Chiefs move across the state line but remain in the metro, you would stop cheering for them?

Ask Saul why he chooses to live in Kansas while claiming Missouri is so much better.

Pants 12-06-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8175944)
How does that make me hypocritical? Canada sucks compared to the US, but there are some really nice parts of Canada, and it wouldn't suck living in Canada as long as you live in one of the nice parts with easy access to everything the US has to offer.

Trust me, if you weren't allowed to travel outside your state of residence, I wouldn't live in Kansas.

So Missouri has no nice enough parts for you to live in? Or are you saying Kansas has the better "nice parts"? I don't understand your logic.

Saul Good 12-06-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8175957)
They're not Missouri teams, they're KC teams. The only team associated with the state is the one that has the state in its name. Should the Chiefs move across the state line but remain in the metro, you would stop cheering for them?

Ask Saul why he chooses to live in Kansas while claiming Missouri is so much better.

Actually, those teams are in Raytown, MO.