ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****Official 2011 ChiefsPlanet Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242250)

jd1020 03-14-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7490920)
Who do you guys pick for the Chiefs here?

1. OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA
2. C Steve Wisniewski, Penn State
3. NT Jerrell Powe, Ole Miss
4. WR Austin Pettis, Boise State

I think they could go for another receiver at this point. A couple still stand on the board. I'd pinpoint who interests me but I risk the Fuhrer's vengeance.

Other options:

* backup QB
* safety depth: we have nobody behind Berry and Lewis
* DL depth: we have no depth at DE
* OT depth: O'Failaghan is hardly worth the investment

Have to go with a QB with the first pick in the fifth, imo. Either Enderle or McElroy. I like Enderle for the size but I don't think anyone would argue that Pioli would go the other route.

Direckshun 03-14-2011 10:58 PM

Well if that's the choice I think you have to go with McElroy.

What's everybody's opinion of Enderle? I don't think this kid should even get drafted.

Titty Meat 03-14-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7490654)
Holy shit, I can't believe this guy fell to me.

The New England Patriots select Kendric Burney, CB, North Carolina.

He was a damned good corner his first three years and he dominated the Sr. Bowl practices. He's a bit undersized, but at the very least, he's a tremendous nickel back.

I was thinking about drafting him for the Titans but he's too small and theres talk he might be better at safety.

ChiefsCountry 03-14-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7490923)
I'd like to see OT here, though I'm not sold on the prospects. A lot of them are really, really stiff.

I had Brewer penicled in with this pick but somebody picked him. :doh!:

ChiefsCountry 03-14-2011 11:11 PM

Frankly the Chiefs wide receivers suck other than Dwayne Bowe. With no offensive tackles worth a crap at this spot easier, I am going back to the WR where a pretty darn good WR is still available. Taking one from Herm's alma mater.

Kansas City Chiefs select Vincent Brown, WR, San Diego State.

RealSNR 03-14-2011 11:14 PM

Jeff Webb Part II

Only kidding. I like this pick.

ChiefsCountry 03-14-2011 11:26 PM

For the offensive tackle/True fans, I had targeted 3 OT's for the Chiefs in this draft that I liked and only once was one of them available when I picked. Gabe Carimi was the only one I passed over in favor of Ayers. The OLB's are horrible in this draft outside of the first round, while I figured I could pick up a decent RT later. In the 4th I expected Carpenter from Alabama to be available and in the 5th James Brewer from Indiana. So I don't want to hear any shit on it - I was looking for tackles just they weren't available.

Direckshun 03-14-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7490962)
Frankly the Chiefs wide receivers suck other than Dwayne Bowe. With no offensive tackles worth a crap at this spot easier, I am going back to the WR where a pretty darn good WR is still available. Taking one from Herm's alma mater.

Kansas City Chiefs select Vincent Brown, WR, San Diego State.

Well.

Direckshun 03-14-2011 11:30 PM

Good pick, by the way.

For the Chiefs, though. Not for the Texans.

RealSNR 03-14-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7490978)
For the offensive tackle/True fans, I had targeted 3 OT's for the Chiefs in this draft that I liked and only once was one of them available when I picked. Gabe Carimi was the only one I passed over in favor of Ayers. The OLB's are horrible in this draft outside of the first round, while I figured I could pick up a decent RT later. In the 4th I expected Carpenter from Alabama to be available and in the 5th James Brewer from Indiana. So I don't want to hear any shit on it - I was looking for tackles just they weren't available.

Should have went OT in the 2nd and drafted Zane Taylor in the 5th, who's every bit as good as Wisniewski /Saccopoo

jd1020 03-14-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7490993)
Should have went OT in the 2nd and drafted Zane Taylor in the 5th, who's every bit as good as Wisniewski /Saccopoo

Castonzo was still on the board at #21.

ChiefsCountry 03-14-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 7490998)
Costanzo was still on the board at #21.

Not on my draft board he wasn't. I don't like Costanzo at all. If I went tackle in the first round it would have been Carimi.

jd1020 03-14-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7491002)
Not on my draft board he wasn't. I don't like Costanzo at all. If I went tackle in the first round it would have been Carimi.

I don't either. I was just joking with the "/Saccopoo" part.

I don't have any complaints with this draft as far as the Chiefs are concerned.

Direckshun 03-14-2011 11:43 PM

I'm starting to warm up to CC as a potential replacement for Pioli.

ChiefsCountry 03-14-2011 11:48 PM

After my next pick in the 5th round I will show you guys what my original plans going into this draft were and who I wanted and who I actually got. To tell you the truth, I had no real plans to grab a WR in this draft - both of the guys I took just fell to me.