ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the Steelers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341783)

RunKC 01-14-2022 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher (Post 16074723)
Looks like I'm not the only one to hear the league circle chatter

You better pray that the Raiders or Patriots win bc that’s really the only teams you guys have a shot to beat.

You’re likely getting the Bengals and they will beat you.

Bob Dole 01-14-2022 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 16074792)
I also don’t know what the Steelers can do on O to adjust. Throw a lot of lobbed passes down the sideline to Claypool and hope he makes plays? Good luck with that.

That's exactly how you beat this team. If you don't make the catch, you get bailed out with a PI.

trndobrd 01-14-2022 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16074801)
I heard a stat on the radio today. The Chiefs attempted six passes in the second half against Pittsburgh. Six. That’s it.

That makes sense.
Steelers give up a league-high 5 yds per carry. Stealers cannot just 'coach up' their D line to not get shoved around by the Chiefs interior line.

Bearcat 01-14-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 16074844)
But do people still get slimed?

We're going to need the slime.

Raiderhater 01-14-2022 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16074854)
We're going to need the slime.

I’m afraid it’s non-negotiable.

Bearcat 01-14-2022 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 16074833)
This is a good idea, and I wish it were more prominent, like you have to post an "Analysts" score in an article or under his talking head. As things are there is no consequence for their bad takes. They are forgotten and ignored. At most they take a light ribbing from the other "analysts" in the room.

Football network "Analysts" are only driving narratives to get the non fans to watch. Chiefs and Steelers fans are watching for sure, but why would a Cowboys fan tune in? Because Bill Cowher said so apparently.

Sadly, I think even the vast majority of fans take the bad takes with the good and don't really know the difference. I was browsing reddit the other night and saw someone with Chiefs flair mention "the Chiefs are always capable of screwing the pooch in the playoffs, I have to remind people about their playoff history prior to 2019".... and that guy clearly thinks he's the smart guy in the room.

It's all for the clicks, but they know the average sports intelligence of their audience, too.

ChiTown 01-14-2022 09:23 PM

The Steelers are going to get eviscerated Sunday nite.

Chiefs 41
Steelers 16

DTVietnam 01-14-2022 09:23 PM

If the Chiefs and refs dont beat us we got this..

Im not worried about the steelers. .

lets hope the boys are not looking past this game. .

and lets hope the bengals and Bills get knocked out too. .

Hammock Parties 01-14-2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 16074862)
The Steelers are going to get eviscerated Sunday nite.

Chiefs 41
Steelers 16

I'd honestly take like a 23-6 type game...businesslike, get in, get out, get it done.

Keep some power dry.

Baby Lee 01-14-2022 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 16074402)

Should'a put a ring on it!!!

now get THAT song out of your head. . .

PunkinDrublic 01-14-2022 09:43 PM

Ben Roethlisberger is like the old lion who was once the leader of the pride but is now to old and weak to be of any use. Nature dictates that the new leader Patrick Mahomes destroys him and casts him out in a display of dominance.

Baby Lee 01-14-2022 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 16074734)
So the media narrative appears to be, "The Steelers feel so loose and relaxed about this game, and that's dangerous!! KC needs to watch themselves and take them seriously, because an underdog team with nothing to lose and a lot of magic and unicorn farts in their hearts is always super dangerous! Diontae Johnson even was like, "**** it, I've got confidence! We're going to win!" this week.

At what point does all this looseness and borrowed time and relaxed team environment actually accumulate into overconfidence and not taking your opponent seriously? As in... if the Steelers feel so cool and calm about playing with house money, are they actually in a position where they're not preparing and doing everything they possibly could to prepare for and win this game? Aren't they, in a way, overlooking their opponent?

That's where I am, the Steelers don't have the talent to play loose.

Playing loose and carefree with Big Ben under center is how you get what you got for them against the Browns last year, a bunch of dumb miscues putting them in a deep hole quick.

Maybe Ben is playing 8-D chess and talks about playing loose with the intent to come in with Brady-esque focus, but that seems pollyannish.

ReynardMuldrake 01-14-2022 09:55 PM

That's some funny shit.

<iframe id="reddit-embed" src="https://www.redditmedia.com/r/KansasCityChiefs/comments/s49ci0/inglorious_giffers/?ref_source=embed&amp;ref=share&amp;embed=true" sandbox="allow-scripts allow-same-origin allow-popups" style="border: none;" height="476" width="640" scrolling="no"></iframe>

chiefforlife 01-14-2022 09:56 PM

I think we have to consider the possibility that Ben was being honest...

Red Dawg 01-14-2022 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 16074846)
You better pray that the Raiders or Patriots win bc that’s really the only teams you guys have a shot to beat.

You’re likely getting the Bengals and they will beat you.

Please let it be Cinci. We will house their ass. We were housing their asses before the refs stopped it.