ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Prison Bitch 09-12-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9966981)
If you can't follow the back and forth of a simple conversation, I'm not wasting my time with you.

Ok, then just entertain us with news that in fact, Iowa plays Iowa state. That stuff is riveting.

Saul Good 09-12-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9967527)
Ok, then just entertain us with news that in fact, Iowa plays Iowa state. That stuff is riveting.

Are you really bitching at me for not addressing points that weren't made? He said that he couldn't think of any non-conference rivalry games. He was promptly handed a ton of them.

There is literally no team on the planet that could play Kansas and have it be an interesting game. That said, Mizzou is far and away the closest thing you're going to find.

Prison Bitch 09-12-2013 08:11 PM

I suppose then that your obsessed coach is the only one who finds KU compelling. Kinda hilarious.

Saul Good 09-12-2013 08:16 PM

Holy shit. This TCU game is the worst piece of shit I've ever seen.

Saul Good 09-12-2013 08:54 PM

Is anyone else watching this abortion?

ghak99 09-12-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9968095)
Is anyone else watching this abortion?

I couldn't take more than a few minutes of it.

Bambi 09-12-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9966816)
That's not what he said. You're moving the goalposts.

I stand by your examples of not mattering at all on the national landscape or on how those teams view their season.

Iowa State beats Iowa again. Do they like it? Sure.

They would lose 100 years in a row if it meant winning the Big 12.

Saul Good 09-13-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9969001)
I stand by your examples of not mattering at all on the national landscape or on how those teams view their season.

Iowa State beats Iowa again. Do they like it? Sure.

They would lose 100 years in a row if it meant winning the Big 12.

That's a stupid binary you've created because you made a stupid comment, and it got shoved back in your face. Kansas would happily lose a game to Duke every year if it meant making the Final Four every year, but that doesn't make a Kansas vs Duke game meaningless.

Shit, Alabama lost to aTm and won the NC last year. I guess their game last year was meaningless.

Bambi 09-13-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9969303)
That's a stupid binary you've created because you made a stupid comment, and it got shoved back in your face. Kansas would happily lose a game to Duke every year if it meant making the Final Four every year, but that doesn't make a Kansas vs Duke game meaningless.

Shit, Alabama lost to aTm and won the NC last year. I guess their game last year was meaningless.

No one in the thread is agreeing with you.

Bambi 09-13-2013 07:39 AM

Besides, no one at KU is happy about not playing MU anymore. MU represented a victory 50% of the time.

Prison Bitch 09-13-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9969416)
Besides, no one at KU is happy about not playing MU anymore. MU represented a victory 50% of the time.

I've gotten a good chuckle out of the KC Star comments where Mizzou fans call it an automatic win. Hilarious. If there's one thing 120 years of failure has taught those fanse, it's that there's no such thing in Columbia MO as an "automatic win".

patteeu 09-13-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9969409)
No one in the thread is agreeing with you.

Don't be ridiculous.

Bambi 09-13-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9969468)
Don't be ridiculous.

K, I suppose I can expect you to start the game thread the next time Colorado/Colorado St plays. It's such a meaningful contest and all.

patteeu 09-13-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9969482)
K, I suppose I can expect you to start the game thread the next time Colorado/Colorado St plays. It's such a meaningful contest and all.

Why would you suppose that?

Saul Good 09-13-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9969482)

Are you really suggesting that games are only meaningful if they have national appeal, regional rivalries be damned? If this is the case, Kansas might as well not play. There is not a single team that Kansas could play that would generate national interest.

That said, rivalry games are the heart of college football. I don't expect posters who don't think college football is a real sport to understand, though.