ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

DJ's left nut 06-27-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8705986)
We couldnt resign Hamels and extend Waino. I'd rather have Waino.

Why not?

Berkman, Westbrook and Lohse come off the books at 12, 8.5 and 12 respectively, so there's 32.5 million and Wainwright's already on the books for $9 million.

The cost of Wainwright, Hamels, Lynn and Craig isn't going to much more than the cost of Wainwright, Berkman, Lohse and Westbrook. We'll also be getting McClellan's disastrous $2.5 million off the books to boot. Frankly, we have an option year on Waino anyway - if we have to write his extension in a manner that has it take effect in 2014 (after Carps deal expires), so be it.

Ownership can't let the team atrophy after letting Pujols walk and Carpenter doesn't have more than another season left in him anyway. If all they do is extend Waino in the offseason and re-sign Lohse (who is the exact sort of expensive mediocrity that dooms teams with mid-market payrolls), they're moving laterally in a big big way. That's unacceptable for an ownership group that has reaped far more revenue than it could've ever dreamed.

They need to make a stronger commitment, IMO. They made the smart baseball decision to let Pujols walk - now they need to re-invest the Pujols money into the team. Making an aggressive play on a 28 yr old star left-hander (a commodity this team hasn't had since Carlton) is hardly asking too much.

VAChief 06-28-2012 09:34 AM

I really like what I have heard about Rosenthal. Proves once again you can find those diamonds in the rough (21st round) who can suddenly blow up occasionally. Miller had a good outing last night, maybe he will start to listen to his coaches after all.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

BigRedChief 06-28-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8706343)
Why not?

Ownership can't let the team atrophy after letting Pujols walk and Carpenter doesn't have more than another season left in him anyway. If all they do is extend Waino in the offseason and re-sign Lohse (who is the exact sort of expensive mediocrity that dooms teams with mid-market payrolls), they're moving laterally in a big big way. That's unacceptable for an ownership group that has reaped far more revenue than it could've ever dreamed.

They need to make a stronger commitment, IMO. They made the smart baseball decision to let Pujols walk - now they need to re-invest the Pujols money into the team. Making an aggressive play on a 28 yr old star left-hander (a commodity this team hasn't had since Carlton) is hardly asking too much.

Landing Beltran and giving Molina a long term contract that was considered so generous that MLB clubs were publically complaining was not atrophy.

Mo has made enough moves that he should be trusted to make the right decision about mid season moves. He's made one bad trade and several excellent trades. On the curve of mid season trades, thats Hall of Fame level success. Just ask the Brewers who mortgaged their future last year. Only to lose to us. ROFL

I dont see the Dewitt's as being so cheap that they would rather make more money than win. Just dont see any atrophy.

OnTheWarpath15 06-29-2012 07:16 PM

Beltran picks up his 2000th hit on the night his jersey is the promotional handout.

Nice.

Simply Red 06-29-2012 07:26 PM

Dan Uggla is basically MLB's Samie Parker.

Simply Red 06-29-2012 07:29 PM

not to disrupt your redbird talk, It's the only place on CP that's talking baseball, currently.

So if you don't mind my interloping - from time-to-time. Ty

Frazod 06-29-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 8710280)
not to disrupt your redbird talk, It's the only place on CP that's talking baseball, currently.

So if you don't mind my interloping - from time-to-time. Ty

Hell, just start your own Braves thread. Better than the ****ing Giants.

rico 06-29-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8710304)
Hell, just start your own Braves thread. Better than the ****ing Giants.

I didn't open the Giants thread, but when I noticed it, I thought it was a joke.

Frazod 06-29-2012 07:46 PM

**** :facepalm:

rico 06-29-2012 07:52 PM

Ugh.

Frazod 06-29-2012 07:58 PM

**** I hate that goddamn McCutchen. :cuss:

Frazod 06-29-2012 08:01 PM

And why the hell didn't they give Wainwright the hook after last inning?

OnTheWarpath15 06-29-2012 09:11 PM

WTF happened?

I turned it off after we took a 5-2 lead. Figured that would be enough for Waino.

BigRedChief 06-29-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8710556)
WTF happened?

I turned it off after we took a 5-2 lead. Figured that would be enough for Waino.

Waino missed location after location. And then the bullpen did its usual meltdown.

whoman69 06-30-2012 07:08 PM

Sanchez and Freeman optioned to Triple A Memphis. Replaced by rookie lefty Barret Browning and right-hander Maikel Cleto. McClellan was moved to the 60 day DL to make room for Browning on the 40 man roster.