ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid interested in Alex Smith... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269575)

Titty Meat 02-22-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9427050)
If Smith does come here, I absolutely think they are still going to take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

If we trade for Alex Smith and don't want Geno or Barkley at 1 I hope we trade back and draft Patterson from Tennessee.

BradBigglestein 02-22-2013 10:19 PM

For Chiefs fans that want Geno Smith, I wouldn't panic. I've dealt with Andy Reid for 14 years and one thing I can tell you with absolute certainty is no one knows what Reid is doing in the draft. Guys in Philadelphia that covered the team for decades couldn't even predict what he'd do.

Even one of the best insiders in the business in Adam Schefter said a few years ago that the Eagles traded up for Earl Thomas, and it was actually Brandon Graham. Just let it play out. Maybe the Chiefs will go after Alex Smith, but Reid usually keeps things tight-lipped and I would believe very little that comes out.

O.city 02-22-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9427107)
The one thing I cant stand is Cassel 2.0. Alex Smith won a ****ing playoff game, Cassel hasnt done shit

Which begs a question, could Matt Cassel have won a playoff game with last years or this years 9ers team?

I don't think so, but I'm not positive.

Thats not anything to do with Cassel, but that team is ****ing loaded.

O.city 02-22-2013 10:21 PM

We're pretty much locked in at 1 and we'll get ****ing ass holed if we trade down.

Messier 02-22-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9427107)
The one thing I cant stand is Cassel 2.0. Alex Smith won a ****ing playoff game, Cassel hasnt done shit

Yeah, Smith is not Cassel, I know he doesn't have much more than the last year and a half, to prove it, but we'd see immediately Smith is better. However, I just don't want to give up the pick.

RunKC 02-22-2013 10:22 PM

Imagine that Kyle Williams doesn't fumble that punt in '11 and they get a FG to go to the SB to face the Pats.

Gotta wonder if that would have changed Alex Smith's reputation.

O.city 02-22-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9427127)
Imagine that Kyle Williams doesn't fumble that punt in '11 and they get a FG to go to the SB to face the Pats.

Him not going 1 for 13 on third down might have changed someones opinion.

mcaj22 02-22-2013 10:23 PM

the guys best 10 game sample of his career is averaging 170 yards per game with a super bowl caliber coach and super bowl type roster of talent

HolyHat 02-22-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Imagine if shit didn't stink:hmmm:

keg in kc 02-22-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9427125)
Yeah, Smith is not Cassel, I know he doesn't have much more than the last year and a half, to prove it, but we'd see immediately Smith is better. However, I just don't want to give up the pick.

If "better than Cassel" is the only criteria we're looking for, we're in for a long few years.

Mother****erJones 02-22-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9427120)
Which begs a question, could Matt Cassel have won a playoff game with last years or this years 9ers team?

I don't think so, but I'm not positive.

Thats not anything to do with Cassel, but that team is ****ing loaded.

No Cassel had a fairly talented team around him this year. Regardless of the record. We should've won more games. **** we had to play it safe just to stay "in" games

Mother****erJones 02-22-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradBigglestein (Post 9427118)
For Chiefs fans that want Geno Smith, I wouldn't panic. I've dealt with Andy Reid for 14 years and one thing I can tell you with absolute certainty is no one knows what Reid is doing in the draft. Guys in Philadelphia that covered the team for decades couldn't even predict what he'd do.

Even one of the best insiders in the business in Adam Schefter said a few years ago that the Eagles traded up for Earl Thomas, and it was actually Brandon Graham. Just let it play out. Maybe the Chiefs will go after Alex Smith, but Reid usually keeps things tight-lipped and I would believe very little that comes out.

Ya im waiting awhile before i really try to decipher these guys' words. (Reid and Dorsey). Just gota let it play out. They wont let us know what theyre really thinking anyways. So many smoke screens itll make your head spin:)

NJChiefsFan 02-22-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Him not shitting himself on 3rd down for an entire game would have done that as well. Somebody is going to win with a game manager again, but I will be damned if I want the Chiefs to try to be that team. Build a perfect team and put a guy in that doesn't lose you games, yeah been there, failed at that. The risk of starting a young QB is less, even if his chance of being great isn't a great percentage.

HolyHat 02-22-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9427140)
Him not shitting himself on 3rd down for an entire game would have done that as well. Somebody is going to win with a game manager again, but I will be damned if I want the Chiefs to try to be that team. Build a perfect team and put a guy in that doesn't lose you games, yeah been there, failed at that. The risk of starting a young QB is less, even if his chance of being great isn't at great percentage.

+1

Messier 02-22-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9427133)
If "better than Cassel" is the only criteria we're looking for, we're in for a long few years.

I wouldn't suggest the QB search ends with Smith, and thankfully, Reid and Dorsey have a history of not being satisfied at the QB spot either, regardless of who they have.