ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the Steelers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341783)

stevegroganfan 01-15-2022 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 16075167)
Of course you’d be nervous, not only are you a huge pussy (according to CP circles), but as a Tits fan you have no idea what it’s like to have an elite quarterback on your team. Leads to pussies being nervous about playoff games, cuz they know what happens when Tanny has to beat you....

Tannehill still ranked high according to PFF. Despite massive injuries, the Titans earned the #1 seed this year.

Non elite quarterbacks can win 1 SB without it being a surprise. Much tougher for them to win 2 or more Super Bowls.

And of course, most Titan fans should know what MVP caliber quarterback play looks like since they had Steve McNair who tied for the MVP one year, finished 3rd another year and was one yard away from tying a SB in the final seconds.

Hammock Parties 01-15-2022 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevegroganfan (Post 16075270)
Tannehill still ranked high according to PFF. Despite massive injuries, the Titans earned the #1 seed this year.

They are the worst offense in the playoffs outside Pittsburgh.

They're getting bounced at home.

stevegroganfan 01-15-2022 11:53 AM

Chiefs should win this game 9 out of 10 times if injuries during the game are not a factor. Reduce those odds to 8 out of 10 since a key injury or two can make it a much closer contest and turnovers are always a great equalizer.
The refs may not screw with Big Ben in what should be his last game so I do think Chiefs get called for a good deal of their PI and holding in the secondary. If they were playing any other AFC team this weekend and were at home, they may be able to get away with a heck of a lot.

But like it or not, what appears to be Ben R's last NFL game is somewhat of a historical moment. The guy won 2 Super Bowl's and is headed to the HOF.

Bearcat 01-15-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevegroganfan (Post 16075287)
Chiefs should win this game 9 out of 10 times if injuries during the game are not a factor. Reduce those odds to 8 out of 10 since a key injury or two can make it a much closer contest and turnovers are always a great equalizer.
The refs may not screw with Big Ben in what should be his last game so I do think Chiefs get called for a good deal of their PI and holding in the secondary. If they were playing any other AFC team this weekend and were at home, they may be able to get away with a heck of a lot.

But like it or not, what appears to be Ben R's last NFL game is somewhat of a historical moment. The guy won 2 Super Bowl's and is headed to the HOF.

diqlix-level hidden jab right there. LMAO

Best22 01-15-2022 12:02 PM

Quote:

KC defense already draws the 3rd highest DPI in the NFL. It’s nothing new for us. It was the same thing last year, meanwhile TB got away with murder on Packer receivers…

That’s why people worry about refs, they have alot of control.

Also he has two rings. His last game isn’t anymore historic than Eli Manning’s final game

Hammock Parties 01-15-2022 12:07 PM

No yellow end zones.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Finishing touches... <a href="https://t.co/TfsuPRzm8J">pic.twitter.com/TfsuPRzm8J</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1482413270745112577?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 15, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-15-2022 12:13 PM

Cynthia Freelund has Chiefs over Packers in SB

Chief Pagan 01-15-2022 12:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher (Post 16075036)
It doesn't matter who the Titans get next wk, the afc championship will be in Nashville. The Titans are unsinkable according to league circles.

RunKC 01-15-2022 12:18 PM

Damn I love the yellow endzones

stevegroganfan 01-15-2022 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16075282)
They are the worst offense in the playoffs outside Pittsburgh.

They're getting bounced at home.

With A.J Brown in the lineup, Titans are 11-2 and they have scored plenty of points most of those games. Without him, they are 1-3 while facing easier opponents in general outside of New England. The Titans are not a deep team at the skill positions like Tampa Bay before their injuries/Brown release but when healthy they have more than enough to be a very good ball control offense. A great well- balanced defense may shut them down but I don't think any of their potential opponents in the AFC really have that.

For the record, I have my main rooting interest (New England) losing something like 24-17 to the Bills. If Bills win that game, Titans may end up facing Cincy and I am not convinced Cincy's defense will slow down the Titans rushing attack. I have more faith in Henry right now than if he had played all season and wore down. My only pause for concern is the Titans secondary did appear banged up last game and I am not sure how healthy they will be for the upcoming games.

Then the Titans just have to beat whoever survives from a possible KC/Buffalo game. Not easy but doable.

duncan_idaho 01-15-2022 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevegroganfan (Post 16075396)
With A.J Brown in the lineup, Titans are 11-2 and they have scored plenty of points most of those games. Without him, they are 1-3 while facing easier opponents in general outside of New England. The Titans are not a deep team at the skill positions like Tampa Bay before their injuries/Brown release but when healthy they have more than enough to be a very good ball control offense. A great well- balanced defense may shut them down but I don't think any of their potential opponents in the AFC really have that.

For the record, I have my main rooting interest (New England) losing something like 24-17 to the Bills. If Bills win that game, Titans may end up facing Cincy and I am not convinced Cincy's defense will slow down the Titans rushing attack. I have more faith in Henry right now than if he had played all season and wore down. My only pause for concern is the Titans secondary did appear banged up last game and I am not sure how healthy they will be for the upcoming games.

Then the Titans just have to beat whoever survives from a possible KC/Buffalo game. Not easy but doable.

The Titans just struggled with a really awful Texans team. Road game, no Henry, division rival, etc. but still… the way the Texans moved the ball (Davis Mills finding time and success throwing the ball) should be a reason for concern if facing really any of thw AFC teams except for Pittsburgh (all of which have superior pass games).

Derrick Henry is an enormous human coming off a severe foot injury. Breaks in feet are always unpredictable.

He’s a freak so it’s possible he’s fine. Equally possible it lingers for at least this postseason and continues to be an issue moving forward.

MahomesMagic 01-15-2022 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 16075335)
Cynthia Freelund has Chiefs over Packers in SB

Hot.

:thumb:

RINGLEADER 01-15-2022 12:59 PM

Quote:

The key to winning this game is easy and we’ve seen it all year:

Don’t drop the ball and we win.

Drop the ball and we could lose.

It’s why we lost to Ravens, the Chargers, and the Bills. I wouldn’t lay the Titans lose exclusively on this but it would have certainly been closer. We lost to the Bengals because of crappy officiating and some terrible play calls on defense.

Don’t turn the ball over, don’t kill drives with drops, and the Chiefs will win 99% of the time.

Jeff.Fisher 01-15-2022 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 16075431)
The Titans just struggled with a really awful Texans team. Road game, no Henry, division rival, etc. but still… the way the Texans moved the ball (Davis Mills finding time and success throwing the ball) should be a reason for concern if facing really any of thw AFC teams except for Pittsburgh (all of which have superior pass games).

Derrick Henry is an enormous human coming off a severe foot injury. Breaks in feet are always unpredictable.

He’s a freak so it’s possible he’s fine. Equally possible it lingers for at least this postseason and continues to be an issue moving forward.

I'm glad the texans made it a game in the 2nd half. Should show them titans they aren't unbeatable. They'll be ready for whoever comes to visit next week. Titans games in Houston are always crazy too, they have a little history down there. Not worried about that. As long as the db injuries don't keep em out they will be fine. And tanneyhill played great down the stretch. Mediocre year passing but to be fair his offensive line was in shambles and he had no protection most the year. This past wk is the first time all season the offensive line had all its starters

The Franchise 01-15-2022 01:19 PM

Juju is playing?