ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games E3 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273707)

Mother****erJones 06-19-2013 04:44 PM

Not a shock by me. They had to do this

Mr. Plow 06-19-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9763066)
I didn't like the family sharing plan because of the one at a time restriction. I wouldn't want to mess with telling one of my friends to get the hell off my game so i can play it. It is a cool concept and a good selling point but I just see it being a hassle on popular games.

Screw letting friends have access. I'm just talking about both my home systems and the 4-6 accts I have in my own house. I just want to be able to install the game on both my systems and be done with the discs and then whoever wants to play a game, can - without having to find the case & disc.

Mr. Plow 06-19-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9763076)
One thing they didn't mention in that article though is whether you can still install games to the HDD so the drive doesn't have to spin constantly during games.

I'm assuming that since you can download games on day of release that you don't need the disc.

007 06-19-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9763379)
I'm assuming that since you can download games on day of release that you don't need the disc.

NO, according to the article all disc based games will require the disc now to play. Just like it is on the 360. My assumption would be they are still going to allow you to install the entire game to your HDD but the disc will need to be in the tray to play it. Just curious if they are still allowing you to install.

Quesadilla Joe 06-19-2013 07:36 PM

LMAO

Don Mattrick's First Draft of the Xbox One Update Announcement...

(nsfw)

http://www.dorkly.com/article/52521/...e-announcement

Mr. Plow 06-19-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9763640)
NO, according to the article all disc based games will require the disc now to play. Just like it is on the 360. My assumption would be they are still going to allow you to install the entire game to your HDD but the disc will need to be in the tray to play it. Just curious if they are still allowing you to install.

According to this from MS, you can either download games or use a disc:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9763000)
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

Mr. Plow 06-19-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9763652)
LMAO

(nsfw)

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

That's awesome.

Pants 06-19-2013 07:49 PM

This will all happen eventually, we are just going to have to wait another 10 years. The internet is the future, it's just a matter of time.

This is really bittersweet to me. On one hand, Steam on steroids for consoles seemed like a genius idea, on the other hand, the drawbacks were kind of questionable.

M$' biggest mistake was the way they presented it. They should have laid out their vision of the future, instead they glossed over it and let the public run wild with the drawbacks.

I still don't think this is even going to matter. Xbox One is dead in the water at that price point.

007 06-19-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9763671)
According to this from MS, you can either download games or use a disc:

Quote:

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

007 06-19-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9763652)
LMAO

(nsfw)

That is funny and it wouldn't surprise me if they actually do feel that way. Like I said, roll it out slowly and let people adjust to it don't just force it all on everyone from day one. Especially when the competition isn't making any drastic policy changes. Their choice to lose customers by doing what the customer didn't want.

Pants 06-19-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9763688)

I can install the game on my HDD right now and play it without the disc constantly spinning up, but the disc does need to be in.

Mr. Plow 06-19-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9763688)

Ahhh, I see what you're saying. IF you buy the disc, it sounds like you'll need the disc. Yeah, now I'm curious - if you install it, will you still need it?

007 06-19-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9763709)
I can install the game on my HDD right now and play it without the disc constantly spinning up, but the disc does need to be in.

You are missing my point. I'm not referring to the 360. The safe assumption would be the new console will do that as well but they didn't mention that anywhere. I'm just curious if they are still going to let you install it to HDD on the Xbone with this new policy change.

Mr. Plow 06-19-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9763685)
This will all happen eventually, we are just going to have to wait another 10 years. The internet is the future, it's just a matter of time.

This is really bittersweet to me. On one hand, Steam on steroids for consoles seemed like a genius idea, on the other hand, the drawbacks were kind of questionable.

M$' biggest mistake was the way they presented it. They should have laid out their vision of the future, instead they glossed over it and let the public run wild with the drawbacks.

I still don't think this is even going to matter. Xbox One is dead in the water at that price point.

I'm curious - if Xbox had come out originally and said "Hey, we are doing away with all disc based games and going strictly to a cloud", would that have changed the appeal?

007 06-19-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9763714)
Ahhh, I see what you're saying. IF you buy the disc, it sounds like you'll need the disc. Yeah, now I'm curious - if you install it, will you still need it?

According to that article if you buy a disk the disk will HAVE to be in the tray to play. That isn't in question. Can you still install it so you don't have to utilize the disc drive the entire time you play the game like it is on the 360 is the question.

I found it interesting that they didn't cover that.