ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

BigRedChief 06-30-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8711679)
Sanchez and Freeman optioned to Triple A Memphis. Replaced by rookie lefty Barret Browning and right-hander Maikel Cleto. McClellan was moved to the 60 day DL to make room for Browning on the 40 man roster.

Freeman wasnt ready, not his fault. Either Sanchez starts to listen to his coaches or he is never going to be successful in the big leagues.

whoman69 06-30-2012 07:54 PM

I don't get to watch as much of the Cardinals as I want. I was set to tape the Cardinals game against the Tigers on ESPN that was blacked out for me even though I'm 270 miles from KC and my cable company doesn't carry Fox Sports Midwest. How can they do that?

When I was with Direct TV they did the same thing. They said they could not make Fox Sports Midwest my local Fox sports regional network, even though Chicago is only marginally closer. Then every time the Cardinals played on ESPN it was blacked out. They have it both ways.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-01-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8711679)
Sanchez and Freeman optioned to Triple A Memphis. Replaced by rookie lefty Barret Browning and right-hander Maikel Cleto. McClellan was moved to the 60 day DL to make room for Browning on the 40 man roster.

So long sack of shit and worthless Beaker. Whoops never mind on sack of shit. I read it as Salas.

O.city 07-02-2012 06:38 PM

Coming to STL to catch the Friday game with my parents for my bday. Dad wants to eat at Mike Shannon's downtown.

Is it worth it?

BigRedChief 07-02-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8715175)
Coming to STL to catch the Friday game with my parents for my bday. Dad wants to eat at Mike Shannon's downtown.

Is it worth it?

Overpriced but good steaks. Better places to eat downtown.

rico 07-02-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8715175)

Is it worth it?

I've always wanted to eat there, but haven't. My friends have told me good things about it though.

Marco Polo 07-02-2012 09:50 PM

Craig is a beast. Looking forward to getting Berkman back in a few weeks.

BigRedChief 07-03-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 8715612)
Craig is a beast. Looking forward to getting Berkman back in a few weeks.

The math says one of the three (Taveras, Craig, Adams) will be traded by next year. We will have those 3 vying for 2 spots in the line up.

Who will it be? Who in the hell wants to part with one of those three? But, the math says you have too.

DJ's left nut 07-03-2012 03:02 PM

Carp has opted for surgery, out for the year. All are hopeful he will be ready for ST next season

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...9bb30f31a.html

Bummer. You hate to see a gamer like Carpenter get laid low like this so often. Why couldn't slack-asses like Kip Wells get this kind of lingering crap?

Marcellus 07-03-2012 03:26 PM

So where is all the Matt Holiday hate at?

BigRedChief 07-03-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8716894)
So where is all the Matt Holiday hate at?

It happens every year. Holliday starts slow every year and some fans cant forget the ball hitting him in the gut and blowing the game against LA his first year.

But, the facts are he has produced at the level he is being paid. How many of these off season big money FA contracts do you ever get your monies worth?

Marcellus 07-03-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8716918)
It happens every year. Holliday starts slow every year and some fans cant forget the ball hitting him in the gut and blowing the game against LA his first year.

But, the facts are he has produced at the level he is being paid. How many of these off season big money FA contracts do you ever get your monies worth?

According to statistics his contract is actually a bargain and it looks like he is on track to have at least typical output.

I will admit even I was a bit concerned for a while even though I thought he would have a big year.

whoman69 07-04-2012 12:28 PM

Carpenter out for rest of year after deciding to undergo surgery to repair nerve damage to his shoulder. With Jaime Garcia also on the DL, its leaves little doubt the Cardinals will be in the hunt for starting pitching before the July 31 trade deadline.

O.city 07-04-2012 12:51 PM

If it were me, I'd look at Liriano, Hamels, or Grienke. Go for the top end guy.

BigRedChief 07-04-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8718440)
If it were me, I'd look at Liriano, Hamels, or Grienke. Go for the top end guy.

Yeah lets give up 5-6 years of quality pitching, possibly CY young quality pitching for a possible rental player. No thanks.

Hamels will go for the big $'s. Grienke is a basketcase one step from a meltdown.