ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269316)

BigRedChief 05-21-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9696605)
Haven't actually been to Busch since '09. The last two times I went Pujols hit a grand slam. I've got photos on my desktop of the actual swing. We had seats right behind home plate. The last time I went we sat in the left field loge and Freese hit his first career HR against the Astros.

2010 for me. Moved to Florida and came back a couple of weeks later to move some stuff down. Made sure I got to get in one more game at Bush.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-21-2013 07:18 PM

My most memorable Cardinal game was a game I went to in Pittsburgh on my 21st birthday. Josh Fogg was the starter for the Pirates and didn't record a single out. Pujols hit a 3-run bomb, then followed by a Tino Martinez 3-run bomb.

We had seats right on the first base line , and talked to Isringhausen and Steve Kline before the game. Kline started fake piledriving (the sex act, not wrestling maneuver) a groundskeeper then shot the shit with us for a few minutes. An awesome dude.

After the game we went to an awesome sports bar across the street. We met Matt Morris and talked to him for a few minutes outside the bar.

Only time I've ever gotten drunk three times in one day.

Jewish Rabbi 05-21-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9698269)
The Cardinals have proven that the can develop pitching and talent. I'm okay with Wacha staying down in AAA so that this year doesn't start the clock.
Imagine this 2014 Starting staff:
Waino
Miller
Wacha
Lynn
Rosenthal/Martinez/?

I can't imagine them not picking up Westbrook's option unless he gets hurt/becomes ineffective. That's a lot of young arms.

BigRedChief 05-21-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9698345)
My most memorable Cardinal game was a game I went to in Pittsburgh on my 21st birthday. Josh Fogg was the starter for the Pirates and didn't record a single out. Pujols hit a 3-run bomb, then followed by a Tino Martinez 3-run bomb.

We had seats right on the first base line , and talked to Isringhausen and Steve Kline before the game. Kline started fake piledriving (the sex act, not wrestling maneuver) a groundskeeper then shot the shit with us for a few minutes. An awesome dude.

After the game we went to an awesome sports bar across the street. We met Matt Morris and talked to him for a few minutes outside the bar.

Only time I've ever gotten drunk three times in one day.

cool. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Simply Red 05-21-2013 07:44 PM

Hi Hamas - Do you hate or love Freddy Gonzalez or neither?

Pepe Silvia 05-21-2013 07:57 PM

I hope Wainy has a good game tonight. I thought these Pads games would be gimmes but they've improved lately. I think we get them tonight.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-21-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9698473)
Hi Hamas - Do you hate or love Freddy Gonzalez or neither?

I don't anything him. I kind of wondered why he was just gifted the job.

BigRedChief 05-21-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9698522)
I hope Wainy has a good game tonight. I thought these Pads games would be gimmes but they've improved lately. I think we get them tonight.

We got the Rockies when they were in a down trend. Seems that kind of stuff balances itself out. Our west coast trips almost always suck. How can that be year after year? Or is that just a wrong assumption?

Jewish Rabbi 05-21-2013 09:46 PM

All these outs we make on the basepaths are gonna catch up to us.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-21-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9699102)
All these outs we make on the basepaths are gonna catch up to us.

Hopefully not with a four run lead and our ace cruising.

Didn't have much of an issue with the last inning, just poor execution. Starting the runner with the 8 hitter up with a 2-0 count is a pretty obvious hit and run. Kozma just missed the ball.

Simply Red 05-21-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9698533)
I don't anything him. I kind of wondered why he was just gifted the job.

Try to listen to him talk at his post game mini-presser sometime - they'll be hard for you to listen to or find, i'm sure - considering you're not in the Southeast. But I really REALLY like the guy as our manager - proud to have him. He'll eventually earn credit, nationally. The players sure like him.

& again - sorry to bring Braves talk over here. I just enjoy the game.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-21-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9699136)
Try to listen to him talk at his post game mini-presser sometime - they'll be hard for you to listen to or find, i'm sure - considering you're not in the Southeast. But I really REALLY like the guy as our manager - proud to have him. He'll eventually earn credit, nationally. The players sure like him.

& again - sorry to bring Braves talk over here. I just enjoy the game.

I felt sorry for him after taking that Marlins job. Horrific owner and Hanley Ramirez had just turned into a completely useless dickhead.

Simply Red 05-21-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9699160)
I felt sorry for him after taking that Marlins job. Horrific owner and Hanley Ramirez had just turned into a completely useless dickhead.

the Marlins are just awful.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-21-2013 10:05 PM

Now that he's on my fantasy team I should probably stop calling him Gi-Oar-Ko.

Jerk-O. Weird.

Pepe Silvia 05-21-2013 10:06 PM

Wainy dealing.