ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272150)

Gravedigger 11-22-2013 01:31 AM

Mine works fine, disc drive works great. Voice commands are fun and Kinect sees my cat as a guest :) Installing CoD, taking a good amount of time. The start up update went quick though.

New World Order 11-22-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10211191)
Seems things are going smoothly.

Spoiler!

Oh em gee the xbone is a piece of gigantic shit as obviously demonstrated in these videos. Congrats on your 500 dollar bricks and I hope yours breaks down, catches on fire and spreads fire aids into your lungs!

There were ps4's bricking all over the country, it happens with every launch

007 11-22-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10211216)
Mine works fine, disc drive works great. Voice commands are fun and Kinect sees my cat as a guest :) Installing CoD, taking a good amount of time. The start up update went quick though.

Let us know when the novelty of saying "xbox this and that" finally wears off.

New World Order 11-22-2013 01:35 AM

This is ****ing awesome. Grave how is the kinect working for you? My brother came over and it recognized me and signed in. We rebooted the console and had my brother stand in front of the kinect and it registered him as a guest. Very cool.

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-22-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10211223)
This is ****ing awesome. Grave how is the kinect working for you? My brother came over and it recognized me and signed me in. We rebooted the console and had my brother stand in front of the kinect and it registered him as a guest. Very cool.

Mine is working great no problems at all.

BryanBusby 11-22-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10211221)
There were ps4's bricking all over the country, it happens with every launch

You might want to lurk more if you thought any part of that post was serious in the slightest.

because duh

New World Order 11-22-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10211222)
Let us know when the novelty of saying "xbox this and that" finally wears off.

It doesn't. It's incredibly nice when you're laying down watching netflix and you want to pause/rewind/stop the movie. You don't have to get up and fumble with a remote or controller. Just use your voice. It's very convenient.

New World Order 11-22-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10211229)
You might want to lurk more if you thought any part of that post was serious in the slightest.

because duh

You got me.

007 11-22-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10211232)
It doesn't. It's incredibly nice when you're laying down watching netflix and you want to pause/rewind/stop the movie. You don't have to get up and fumble with a remote or controller. Just use your voice. It's very convenient.

I was just being facetious with that post. :thumb:

I have no doubt that the people that wanted that function will love it. As they should.

New World Order 11-22-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10211243)
I was just being facetious with that post. :thumb:

I have no doubt that the people that wanted that function will love it. As they should.

I will give you this. PS3 had the better exclusives and ps4 will most likely be the same.

New World Order 11-22-2013 01:50 AM

Guru do you still post at Chiefs Crowd?

007 11-22-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10211244)
I will give you this. PS3 had the better exclusives and ps4 will most likely be the same.

Took me a long time to jump from Xbox to PS3 and the exclusives are rock solid. Really looking forward to the PS4 exclusives.

One thing to note here, Killzone Shadowfall is a crap story with crap voice acting but the visuals and gameplay are outstanding. My teen also noted that he is enjoying online with it more than BF3 or CoD.

Cannot wait for the next Naughty Dog title.

Gravedigger 11-22-2013 01:50 AM

I think voice commands in games can be gimmicky but the ability to have voice commands control your system is pretty nice. It won't replace what you do but it'll allow you to multitask. We've done something the same way for so long with TV remotes, pressing power buttons etc that I think it's a nice change of pace to have something different. It's a tool, not a necessity or mandatory, a very helpful tool. Kinect is really cool you definetly notice the wider angle and the ability to see your fist opening and closing or your eyebrows going up and down. I hope there is a price drop soon because this is a really cool experience thus far.

007 11-22-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10211254)
Guru do you still post at Chiefs Crowd?

not really. Maybe one or two posts per year. Just long enough to see that it is still full of mostly homers.

New World Order 11-22-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10211257)
I think voice commands in games can be gimmicky but the ability to have voice commands control your system is pretty nice. It won't replace what you do but it'll allow you to multitask. We've done something the same way for so long with TV remotes, pressing power buttons etc that I think it's a nice change of pace to have something different. It's a tool, not a necessity or mandatory, a very helpful tool. Kinect is really cool you definetly notice the wider angle and the ability to see your fist opening and closing or your eyebrows going up and down. I hope there is a price drop soon because this is a really cool experience thus far.

Kinect is definitely nice, I am enjoying it so far. I seriously doubt I will use it much during gaming, although when you shout or make any noise during deadrising 3 the zombies turn and walk towards you. I thought that was pretty cool.