ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295820)

sully1983 07-14-2021 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15740104)
Pine, Karl Urban, and Zachary Quinto all nail the Star Trek "big three". Zoe Saldana, John Cho, and Simon Pegg all do very well with their adaptations (even if I could do without the Spock/Uhura romance).

And RIP Anton Yelchin. His Chekov took me a couple of viewings to adapt to, but by the end of the third flick he WAS Chekov.

Sucks that Anton Yelchin died from such a freak accident (that was literally some Final Destination shit ) He was so damn talented and is dearly missed. RIP Anton .

Mennonite 07-14-2021 03:41 PM

**** yeah. The only thing I enjoy more than shitty CBS All Access Trek is braindead big Hollywood Trek.

LENSFLARES!

BigRedChief 07-14-2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15740104)
Pine, Karl Urban, and Zachary Quinto all nail the Star Trek "big three". Zoe Saldana, John Cho, and Simon Pegg all do very well with their adaptations (even if I could do without the Spock/Uhura romance).

And RIP Anton Yelchin. His Chekov took me a couple of viewings to adapt to, but by the end of the third flick he WAS Chekov.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15740148)
Very true. They all surpassed any expectations I had going into that series of films and did a good job with those characters.

Yep, they got the casting in place. Need better scripts and stories.

Bowser 07-14-2021 04:19 PM

Still would love to see Chris Pine mother**** some Klingons in a Tarantino Star Trek flick, lol.

DaneMcCloud 07-14-2021 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15740979)
Still would love to see Chris Pine mother**** some Klingons in a Tarantino Star Trek flick, lol.

If Paramount was smart (and they're clearly not), they'd be cranking out Star Trek movies every 2-3 years. There's a massive wealth of stories that could be told, from the original series to the animated 70's to the hundreds of novels and so on.

Good stories and plots exist. They just need to hire someone to run the show because Abrams left them cold and was too reliant in the second film on TOS.

Bowser 07-14-2021 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15740984)
If Paramount was smart (and they're clearly not), they'd be cranking out Star Trek movies every 2-3 years. There's a massive wealth of stories that could be told, from the original series to the animated 70's to the hundreds of novels and so on.

Good stories and plots exist. They just need to hire someone to run the show because Abrams left them cold and was too reliant in the second film on TOS.

That's the frustrating part - fans are lining up to watch mostly subpar crap on the streaming service because they're starved for Star Trek content and are willing to deal with it. Paramount would be well served to throw some resources towards the film side and do them up right. IMHO, of course.

DaneMcCloud 07-14-2021 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15741009)
That's the frustrating part - fans are lining up to watch mostly subpar crap on the streaming service because they're starved for Star Trek content and are willing to deal with it. Paramount would be well served to throw some resources towards the film side and do them up right. IMHO, of course.

Yeah, Paramount is like the exact opposite of Warner Brother/DC: Paramount just sits on their IP while WB/DC just churns shit out in every format, whether it's animated, LEGO, TV series and feature films, just to see what sticks.

It's almost as if the studio doesn't even like Star Trek.

Deberg_1990 07-14-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Not sure how the world would react to the first “Mother****er” and N word In a Trek film?

BigRedChief 07-14-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

yep let Tarantino’s Kirk **** up some Klingons would be fantastic.

Frazod 07-14-2021 08:30 PM

I honestly don't know that I trust Tarantino with Star Trek. He's just a little bit too.... out there. Actually, he's a lot too out there.

BigRedChief 07-14-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15741246)
I honestly don't know that I trust Tarantino with Star Trek. He's just a little bit too.... out there. Actually, he's a lot too out there.

Supposedly he’s only got one movie left, it’s not going to be a Kirk movie. That time has passed.

notorious 07-15-2021 09:17 PM

I listened to a very good show about how TNG got started and how they cast the show.

Roddenberry hated Patrick Stewart as Captain.

Gordi LaForge was named after a huge trek fan that was blind.

Gene R wanted the captain to be unemotional because he believed that brashness and emotion would be a thing of the past in the future.

Q was only supposed to a single shot character, but was so loved that they brought him back.

Jeffrey Combs was going to be a one-off as Weyoun on DS9, but he's so awesome they wrote that the Vorta were clones so they could bring him back.

sully1983 07-15-2021 09:34 PM

I REALLY REALLY hope they get a great villain this time around. Played by a really great actor. Who that would be ? No clue

Hammock Parties 07-21-2021 07:36 AM

Finishing up my read of "Leonard" by Bill Shatner.

Great book. Lots of interesting stuff. Did not know both Nimoy and his son were alcoholics.

Nimoy was a very high-functioning alcoholic. He was literally on the drink almost every day he was shooting TOS.

BigRedChief 07-21-2021 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15748899)
Finishing up my read of "Leonard" by Bill Shatner.

Great book. Lots of interesting stuff. Did not know both Nimoy and his son were alcoholics.

Nimoy was a very high-functioning alcoholic. He was literally on the drink almost every day he was shooting TOS.

My Dad drank a case of beer every single day for 30 years. Never missed a day of work. Used that as a justification that he doesn't have a problem.