ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

Sfeihc 04-05-2019 12:24 PM

The Los Angeles Chargers CP Mock Draft

Rd 1. Jeffery Simmons, DT, Miss St.
Rd 2. Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
Rd 3. Caleb McGary, OT, Washington
Rd 4. Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston
Rd 5. Marquise Blair, S, Utah
Rd 6. Cameron Smith, LB, USC

Simmons due to his injury is basically on a red shirt rookie season. He seemed worth the risk with his 5th year option being 1st rounder. In the end his talent level versus draft position won out for me.
I really enjoyed "Friday" so Deebo Samuel was an easy pick in round 2 to replace Ty Williams who joined the Faiders.
The Chargers brain trust were shocked to find McGary still on the board at the end of rd 3.
Johnson, Blair, and Smith also were value picks who will provide depth on the defense. All three also have the talent to develop into starters.

Thsi draft lacks star power but deep into the 6th round there is talent still left across the board. Time to work the phones on UDFAs.

Rain Man 04-05-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14195620)
Unless anyone objects, I think I've got a solid one for him.

Having lost Bridgewater and with a system that favors ball placement over arm strength, the Saints select a solid developmental backup:

The New Orleans Saints select: Brett Rypien, QB - Boise St.

Motion seconded.

Rain Man 04-05-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 14195623)

Simmons due to his injury is basically on a red shirt rookie season. He seemed worth the risk with his 5th year option being 1st rounder. In the end his talent level versus draft position won out for me.
I really enjoyed "Friday" so Deebo Samuel was an easy pick in round 2 to replace Ty Williams who joined the Faiders.
The Chargers brain trust were shocked to find McGary still on the board at the end of rd 3.
Johnson, Blair, and Smith also were value picks who will provide depth on the defense. All three also have the talent to develop into starters.

Thsi draft lacks star power but deep into the 6th round there is talent still left across the board. Time to work the phones on UDFAs.

Getting ahead of the game, the Chargers select a 1st-round guy whose ACL is already torn and has more time to heal, instead of drafting a guy who will blow out his ACL in training camp.

Sfeihc 04-05-2019 12:37 PM

Exactly

The Franchise 04-05-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14195614)
Oh yeah, he did.

I presumed he meant group effort.

Group effort.

Hoover 04-05-2019 12:59 PM

With the 205th pick, the LA Rams select Jon'Vea Johnson, WR, Toledo

Can someone PM the next dude?

The Franchise 04-05-2019 01:03 PM

PM sent.

Hoover 04-05-2019 01:15 PM

Thank you!

chiefscafan 04-05-2019 01:23 PM

The Detroit Lions select Terronne Prescod, OG, North Carolina State

Lions need to rebuild the line they get a guard with a nasty disposition who wants to hammer defensive lineman to the ground. Need to protect Matt Stafford.

DJ's left nut 04-05-2019 01:26 PM

I think I've got one for Washington as well unless anyone else wants to take a stab at it after Crow picks.

The Franchise 04-05-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14195685)
I think I've got one for Washington as well unless anyone else wants to take a stab at it after Crow picks.

Fire away.

Anyone who is here when his picks come up.....can make the pick.

DJ's left nut 04-05-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14195694)
Fire away.

Anyone who is here when his picks come up.....can make the pick.

That'll work. If anyone wishes to beat me to it, they're welcome to do so. If I'm around, I'll go ahead and make it and keep things movin' forward.

Hoover 04-05-2019 04:04 PM

My Broncos Draft

10. Denver - Hoover - Rashan Gary, DT, Michigan
41. Denver - Hoover - Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson
72. Denver - Hoover - Michael Jordan, C/G, Ohio State
126. Denver (from Houston) - Hoover - Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA
149. Denver - Hoover - Marvell Tell, III, S, USC
157. Denver (from MIN) - Hoover - Tyree Jackson, QB, Buffalo
183. Denver – Hoover - Andre James, OT/G, UCLA

A pretty decent haul if you ask me. Obviously, no real QBOTF but Jackson would be perfect to groom under Flacco - tall, big arm, but more athletic.

kccrow 04-05-2019 09:40 PM

With the 207th pick, the New England Patriots select Dontavius Russell, DT, Auburn

Ol Bill loves him a big space eater that can stuff the run in the middle of his defense and that's exactly what Russell is. Not to mention he's a huge value right here given this would have been the pick at 134 had Stidham not fallen.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-05-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 14195623)

I hope this doesn’t happen for our sake...

Simmons has All-Pro ceiling upside and Samuel just seems like one of those guys who is gonna produce at a high level for 8+ years and go about his business.

I’d love to see KC draft Deebo if things fell a certain way.