ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269316)

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-06-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9945966)
He makes pitches when he has to absolutely has to be made. The inside pitch to end the 6th inning. Fastball in to Alvarez in the first.

He's the most consistent starting pitcher we have had of late.

The pitch to Walker was nice, but go back and watch that pitch he threw to K Martin. It was a belt-high cement mixer that Martin thought was going to sail up and outside. It was an awful pitch that got a great result. Martin probably gets an extra base hit on that pitch more often than he watches it go by.

BigRedChief 09-06-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9945970)
Siegrist has said he prefers the pen to starting. With Lynn's struggles and Garcia's constant injury problems, don't you have to pencil him in as the closer next year?

Waino, Wacha, Miller, Martinez, Rosenthal

Sounds good to me. The dude is light out.

Trade Martinez, Lynn, Freese and Adams or any combination for a SS.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-06-2013 08:39 PM

I love that they PH Kozma to bunt. Like you couldn't get Westbrook to do that?

BigRedChief 09-06-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9945975)
The pitch to Walker was nice, but go back and watch that pitch he threw to K Martin. It was a belt-high cement mixer that Martin thought was going to sail up and outside. It was an awful pitch that got a great result. Martin probably gets an extra base hit on that pitch more often than he watches it go by.

The MVP candidate struck out on a Siegrist pitch down the middle of the plate.

DJ's left nut 09-06-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9945970)
Siegrist has said he prefers the pen to starting. With Lynn's struggles and Garcia's constant injury problems, don't you have to pencil him in as the closer next year?

Waino, Wacha, Miller, Martinez, Rosenthal

I still don't like lefty closers.

I know, some of them prove me wrong, but most don't.

Besides, this organization will absolutely refuse to put Rosenthal in the rotation. They've never truly given him a look. In the end, Matheny isn't creative enough to make due without a setup man that throws 98 mph.

Matheny can only handle a 'smile and dial' bullpen. If you gave him a lefthanded closer, he would spontaneously combust. He'll hammer Rosenthal into the 9th until Motte comes back or he'll throw Axford out there citing his 'experience'. Then he'll continue to waste Rosenthal in the 8th until he throws his arm out. By 2016 Rosenthal will be throwing 93 having still not developed his offspeed stuff and without the velocity to thrive; it'll be great.

Matheny will also continue to use Seigrist as a situational reliever while hoping that Axford locks down the 7th when Motte returns or that Mozeliak picks him up another veteran RHed reliever.

Matheny sucks. At everything.

I know LaRussa drove us nuts, but he'd have had this team 5 games up on the Pirates by now. Matheny's the least creative manager I've ever seen and simply lacks a plan B.

DJ's left nut 09-06-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9945987)
I love that they PH Kozma to bunt. Like you couldn't get Westbrook to do that?

They were going to put him in for defense anyway.

Besides, it's like throwing a bone to the right fielder in little league - Matheny had to do something to make him feel useful.

He is truly awful.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-06-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9945989)
I still don't like lefty closers.

I know, some of them prove me wrong, but most don't.

Besides, this organization will absolutely refuse to put Rosenthal in the rotation. They've never truly given him a look. In the end, Matheny isn't creative enough to make due without a setup man that throws 98 mph.

Matheny can only handle a 'smile and dial' bullpen. If you gave him a lefthanded closer, he would spontaneously combust. He'll hammer Rosenthal into the 9th until Motte comes back or he'll throw Axford out there citing his 'experience'. Then he'll continue to waste Rosenthal in the 8th until he throws his arm out. By 2016 Rosenthal will be throwing 93 having still not developed his offspeed stuff and without the velocity to thrive; it'll be great.

Matheny will also continue to use Seigrist as a situational reliever while hoping that Axford locks down the 7th when Motte returns or that Mozeliak picks him up another veteran RHed reliever.

Matheny sucks. At everything.

I know LaRussa drove us nuts, but he'd have had this team 5 games up on the Pirates by now. Matheny's the least creative manager I've ever seen and simply lacks a plan B.

You say all this to the choir.

However, Sam Freeman can perform the role Matheny mistakenly believes best fits Siegrist right now.

No reason why you can't have a pen with Siegrist, Freeman, Maness (as a fireman), Scroate, Kelly, Lee Stoppelman, and another RHer. Yes, I know that's four lefties, but all of those lefties, sans Scroate, should play fine on either side of the plate.

Miles 09-06-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9945993)
They were going to put him in for defense anyway.

Besides, it's like throwing a bone to the right fielder in little league - Matheny had to do something to make him feel useful.

He is truly awful.

That bunt was his first hit since August 11th.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-06-2013 09:02 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/871077f68...fhi2o1_400.gif

BigRedChief 09-06-2013 09:11 PM

What a statement game. Everything going our way for the change.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-06-2013 09:25 PM

Gets first hit in four weeks, throws tailor made DP ball into right field. Never change, Kozma.

BigRedChief 09-06-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9946080)
Gets first hit in four weeks, throws tailor made DP ball into right field. Never change, Kozma.

well we can't have him turning it around and then giving Mo or Matheny any ideas to keep him around.

BigRedChief 09-06-2013 09:34 PM

I hope this ends the idea of giving Westbrook another start.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-06-2013 09:54 PM

In a game we led 12-1 in the 8th inning we are one batter away from this being a save situation.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-06-2013 10:00 PM

Don't ever use Westbrook again, Matheny.

Jewish Rabbi 09-06-2013 10:01 PM

Christ. How the **** do we have to burn Mujica in this abomination?

DJ's left nut 09-06-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9946132)
Christ. How the **** do we have to burn Mujica in this abomination?

Jake Westbrook.

kcpasco 09-06-2013 10:06 PM

Wow just release Jake now.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-06-2013 10:11 PM

What a cocked up mess those last two innings were. Matheny literally cannot do anything right.

Jewish Rabbi 09-06-2013 10:18 PM

It's a shame we won't even be able to get free agent compensation for Westbrook. You know that one who sucks the penis would take the qualifying offer.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-06-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9946170)
It's a shame we won't even be able to get free agent compensation for Westbrook. You know that one who sucks the penis would take the qualifying offer.

He has a mutual option for next year, anyway. Besides, no one in baseball would sign him. He's a 36 year old with, after tonight, the worst xFIP in baseball of anyone who has thrown more than 70 innings (and maybe fewer innings than that).

Pepe Silvia 09-07-2013 04:20 PM

Haven't been checkin' in here as much lately, once football starts I put baseball on the back burner until the playoffs start. I wish we can overtake these ****ing Pirates, we need the division, a 1 game playoff frightens me too much.

kcpasco 09-07-2013 07:03 PM

Horrible play by Robinson. All he has to do is slide there and he is safe by a mile. And he looked to be safe anyways.

O.city 09-07-2013 07:14 PM

He was safe, but slide like a normal play at the plate

O.city 09-07-2013 07:23 PM

This needs to be Wainos last inning no matter what

BigRedChief 09-07-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9948340)
This needs to be Wainos last inning no matter what

When did they pull him. Just looked in and we are putting it on them again.:clap:

Frazod 09-07-2013 08:16 PM

Good game. Need to finish these ****ers off tomorrow!

BigRedChief 09-07-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9948524)
Good game. Need to finish these ****ers off tomorrow!

1st place is ours.:eek:

Maybe they are finally getting it together?

Frazod 09-07-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9948529)
1st place is ours.:eek:

Maybe they are finally getting it together?

That's what I thought before they pissed down their legs during the last road trip. But I hope so.

O.city 09-07-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9948487)
When did they pull him. Just looked in and we are putting it on them again.:clap:

Pitched 7 innings, 2 hits, 100 pitches

O.city 09-08-2013 02:20 PM

We've piss pounded this ****s this weekend

scho63 09-08-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9952354)
We've piss pounded this ****s this weekend

You guys sure took out us to the woodshed this weekend. :shake:

We better start pitching better and get hitting or else we will make it no where.

Mi_chief_fan 09-08-2013 03:30 PM

This is the St. Louis Cardinal team I know. Great weekend for the Cards, now need Kershaw to dominate the Reds.

whoman69 09-09-2013 07:23 AM

This team is really weird. They lose 6 of 8 and then sweep the Pirates. Seems like they only play when their back is to the wall. Guess that has to do with the inconsistent pitching staff and inconsistent offense.

BigRedChief 09-09-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9955691)
This team is really weird. They lose 6 of 8 and then sweep the Pirates. Seems like they only play when their back is to the wall. Guess that has to do with the inconsistent pitching staff and inconsistent offense.

That was my point when we looked like shit. Get in the tournament and if you get hot.... you can win a WS.

In our case, in 2011 and 2012 that's exactly what happened. Backs against the wall and we put the wins together. Just collapsed one game short of another WS trip last year.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-10-2013 10:34 PM

I was out of town this weekend and missed both Pirate games. I also couldn't catch the Milwaukee game tonight, either. My ass is staying away from the television until further notice.

Pepe Silvia 09-10-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9957858)
That was my point when we looked like shit. Get in the tournament and if you get hot.... you can win a WS.

In our case, in 2011 and 2012 that's exactly what happened. Backs against the wall and we put the wins together. Just collapsed one game short of another WS trip last year.

Yup, lets just stay positive and hope that we can head into the playoffs on a good note instead of a limp, recent history has taught us this. Once post season starts then we will all worry. :)

Marcellus 09-11-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9961704)
I was out of town this weekend and missed both Pirate games. I also couldn't catch the Milwaukee game tonight, either. My ass is staying away from the television until further notice.

Good idea, I knew something was up, and they thought it was Matheny's pep talk. :D

BigRedChief 09-11-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9961704)

Good idea.

And with Holliday picking up his game, we need Frazod to come in here and have a good rant about his suckage to balance out the karma and Lynn pitching tonight.

BTW, big article out today in USA Today about the Cardinal way.

VAChief 09-11-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9963881)
Good idea.

And with Holliday picking up his game, we need Frazod to come in here and have a good rant about his suckage to balance out the karma and Lynn pitching tonight.

No kidding, now if I can just find a road game to see before the playoffs we should be set. The last two times I caught the Cardinals on the road was opening day in Philly 2006 and a July sauna fest in Cincy 2011. :)

DJ's left nut 09-11-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9963881)
Good idea.

Can I point out how much I hate Pete Kozma? Would that do any good?

Because I really really hate Pete Kozma and think that letting him wear the BOTB is similar to letting your dog piss on Musial's headstone.

BigRedChief 09-11-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9963996)
Can I point out how much I hate Pete Kozma? Would that do any good?

Because I really really hate Pete Kozma and think that letting him wear the BOTB is similar to letting your dog piss on Musial's headstone.

I think everyone hates Kozma. Don't know if there is any karma to be had in that feeling.:hmmm:

DJ's left nut 09-11-2013 06:05 PM

There is a great deal of truth to that.

Frazod 09-11-2013 06:54 PM

**** Lynn. He's beyond any sort of reverse karma I could muster. We should trade him to the Cubs for a case of Old Style. And I hate Old Style.

BigRedChief 09-11-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9964208)
**** Lynn. He's beyond any sort of reverse karma I could muster. We should trade him to the Cubs for a case of Old Style. And I hate Old Style.

Lynn at least didn't suck tonight. No earned runs through 6 innings and he's out of the game.

They had a no hitter through 5 innings last night. Now we are being no hit almost through 6 innings.:shake:

Frazod 09-11-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9964405)
Lynn at least didn't suck tonight. No earned runs through 6 innings and he's out of the game.

They had a no hitter through 5 innings last night. Now we are being no hit almost through 6 innings.:shake:

Seems like he either sucks, or he infects the rest of the team with suck. I won't even watch games he plays in anymore.

BigRedChief 09-11-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9964530)
Seems like he either sucks, or he infects the rest of the team with suck. I won't even watch games he plays in anymore.

Read in the Gold chat off of STL today website that Lynn is on the trade market this off season. Lynn/Freese/Adams to pull in a SS.

O.city 09-11-2013 09:19 PM

I think Adams is the everyday first baseman next year, with Craig playing some there too

BigRedChief 09-11-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9964735)
I think Adams is the everyday first baseman next year, with Craig playing some there too

that only works if Taveras can play CF. They were saying on the broadcast that the Cardinals are going to start Taveras right out of spring training.

I'm okay with this lineup next year.

Carpenter
Taveras
Holliday
Craig
Molina
Adams
Freese
New SS

O.city 09-11-2013 09:32 PM

Depends on Beltran and what he wants. I'd prolly just make the qualifying offer and take the pick. Platoon Craig, jay, Holliday, otav in the outfield and Craig and Adams at first, with Wong, carp and freese at 2nd and 3rd.

Although I'm not really sure freese is a cardinal next year anyway.

If that happens, and he takes to the major league level pitching better, I'd rather see Wong lead off and carp hit in the 2 hole

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-11-2013 10:01 PM

Moving Matt Carpenter from a position where he is elite to merely very good is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Lynn, Adams, and Wong should all be very, very touchable. Moreover, Beltran should be given nothing above the qualifying offer.

The team should run with this:

Carpenter
Oscar
Holiday
Craig
Molina
New SS
Freese
Jay (while giving someone like Tommy Pham a realistic shot at that job so long as his vajeen holds up)

Rotation:

Wainwright
Miller
Wacha
Martinez
Rosenthal

Although I'm sure they'll trot Garcia's lame ass out there again.

Jewish Rabbi 09-11-2013 10:09 PM

I just don't see them moving Rosenthal out of the 'pen.

BigRedChief 09-12-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9964853)
Rotation:

Wainwright
Miller
Wacha
Martinez
Rosenthal

You know they are giving him a spot.

Rosenthal will not be allowed out of the bullpen. Not saying that's the right thing, just reading the Cardinal leaves.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-12-2013 09:20 PM

Looks like Kelly finally got burned after pitching with a horseshoe up his ass for the last six weeks. I only hope the FO is proactive enough to force Matheny to get him out of the rotation ASAP before it costs us the division.

O.city 09-12-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9964853)
Moving Matt Carpenter from a position where he is elite to merely very good is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Lynn, Adams, and Wong should all be very, very touchable. Moreover, Beltran should be given nothing above the qualifying offer.

The team should run with this:

Carpenter
Oscar
Holiday
Craig
Molina
New SS
Freese
Jay (while giving someone like Tommy Pham a realistic shot at that job so long as his vajeen holds up)

Rotation:

Wainwright
Miller
Wacha
Martinez
Rosenthal

With Adams showing more pop as of late, I'm becomi more inclined to put otav in center, Craig in right and Adams at first

BigRedChief 09-13-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9968342)
Looks like Kelly finally got burned after pitching with a horseshoe up his ass for the last six weeks. I only hope the FO is proactive enough to force Matheny to get him out of the rotation ASAP before it costs us the division.

Still much better than Westbrook. For what ever reason they are not going to give Martinez a start.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-13-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9968941)
With Adams showing more pop as of late, I'm becomi more inclined to put otav in center, Craig in right and Adams at first

He's slugging like .330 post break.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-13-2013 08:56 PM

ROFL....Thanks Seattle.

Mujica was absolute shit that inning. Saunders gifted him two strikes with the abortive bunt attempts, and they run into two outs with marginal base stealers against Yadi when Mujica had thrown two quality pitches that inning.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-13-2013 09:21 PM

Given the relative hype around his callup, has anyone impressed less than Kolten Wong? He just looks ****ing terrible.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-13-2013 09:32 PM

WALK OFF PASSED BALL ROFL ROFL ROFL

rolltide2014 09-13-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9971603)

That was ****ing fantastic!

BigRedChief 09-13-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9971603)

Just win baby!;)

BigRedChief 09-13-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9971578)
Given the relative hype around his callup, has anyone impressed less than Kolten Wong? He just looks ****ing terrible.

Hitters that hit at every level have a high % of being successful at the major league level. He's pressing. It's all about next year anyway.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-13-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9971678)
Hitters that hit at every level have a high % of being successful at the major league level. He's pressing. It's all about next year anyway.

I get that, but he wasn't that great at any level. He was good. I'm not saying he's going to bust outright, but he's pitiful right now and should not sniff the playoff roster.

BigRedChief 09-13-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9971507)
He's slugging like .330 post break.

Yeah, don't save me a place on the Adams bandwagon. We need an AL team that has a SS and needs a 1B and top flight young pitching prospect.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-13-2013 10:20 PM

Would you toss 3-33 at Jed Lowrie?

O.city 09-13-2013 10:35 PM

Should have traded Wong when we could have for the most upside.

whoman69 09-14-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9971714)
Should have traded Wong when we could have for the most upside.

At least it has Freese playing better. I think Wong will be ok when he settles in a bit. He probably will never hit for average but if he can get on base and make things happen...

BigRedChief 09-14-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9972011)
At least it has Freese playing better.

uhhhh he's like 3-23 lately.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-14-2013 10:29 AM

I know that BA isn't in vogue b/c of sabermetrics, but if a guy who has middling power can't hit for average he's a worthless offensive player unless he steals a metric ****ton of bases. A walk is a fine outcome, but it's still not as good as a single because you can't move a runner two bases with a walk, and if all Wong can do is walk, he's a black hole.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-14-2013 09:09 PM

Hey look, the offense sucks again :facepalm:

BigRedChief 09-15-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9974428)
Hey look, the offense sucks again :facepalm:

Freese is shit again. Molina isn't hitting.

Trot out Robinson, Peterson because they are RH is getting old. Are Jay and Adams that worse against LHP?

whoman69 09-15-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9972015)
uhhhh he's like 3-23 lately.

OMG the first major leaguer ever to have a slump. You act like there's no learning curve coming to the majors.

Jewish Rabbi 09-15-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9975409)
OMG the first major leaguer ever to have a slump. You act like there's no learning curve coming to the majors.

While I agree that BRC may be a little too hard on Freese, he's been in the majors for almost 5 years now. Learning curve is over.

BigRedChief 09-15-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9975474)
While I agree that BRC may be a little too hard on Freese, he's been in the majors for almost 5 years now. Learning curve is over.

No shit. 5 years. He's 30 something. He is what he is at this point.

I will be eternally grateful for 2011. But, time marches on.

whoman69 09-15-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9975474)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9975526)
No shit. 5 years. He's 30 something. He is what he is at this point.

I will be eternally grateful for 2011. But, time marches on.

D'oh, could have swore he was talking about Wong. I don't see him a 3 for his last 23, he is 2 for his last 16, might be looking at different games since he got a hit last night. Four games prior to that he was 5/15 with a pair of homers. All in all that's 7 for 31 with two homers and five RBI over 9 games out of which the Cardinals won 6.

We know the whole team runs hot and cold on offense. We seem to be able to hit when there's someone on base. I would have to say that Freese needs alot of rest and can't get that because Wong is showing so little right now.

Frazod 09-17-2013 08:46 PM

Pounding the crap out of Colorado tonight. 10-0 in the 6th. :thumb:

Pittsburgh lost earlier, too.

BigRedChief 09-17-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9988976)
Pounding the crap out of Colorado tonight. 10-0 in the 6th. :thumb:

Pittsburgh lost earlier, too.

We are going to win the division. :thumb:

Pepe Silvia 09-17-2013 09:26 PM

I normally hate playing at Coors Field unless we're the ones scoring. :D

O.city 09-18-2013 09:08 PM

Pitt lost again, come on waino