ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Killer apps for Android? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=237705)

DaFace 11-04-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9084605)
Did you select settings in the browser? For the stock browser there is an advanced setting. Zoom default. I don't know what the problem is exactly. I don't really have a problem.

I know, it's phone specific from what I can tell. Even with default zoom at "close," it's still zoomed WAY out. If I double tap, it'll zoom into about the right level. Then, if I tap again, it'll wrap the text into the column appropriately. But on my old phone, it would just start zoomed in and columnized from the beginning. That's too much work for every single page, so I eventually gave up and went back to Tapatalk.

Like I said, I spent hours digging into this. As far as I can tell, there's no fix. It's embedded into the code for my phone somehow.

DaFace 11-04-2012 10:50 PM

As a follow up, I hadn't tried this in Chrome for a while, and it appears to work! So if anyone's having the problem, you might give Chrome a try.

BigMeatballDave 11-05-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9085082)
As a follow up, I hadn't tried this in Chrome for a while, and it appears to work! So if anyone's having the problem, you might give Chrome a try.

Did you increase text scaling?

DMAC 11-05-2012 11:15 AM

Wow, the default Samsung launcher is crap. Going back to home screen is slow and choppy.

Got GoLauncher and incredibly better. Why would Samsung put that out?

nstygma 11-05-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9086099)
Wow, the default Samsung launcher is crap. Going back to home screen is slow and choppy.

i don't even remember what the stock launcher is like, i've been using golauncher with random transitions for about a year now and i keep it on every custom rom i install. i also use gocontacts as well. another one that people highly rate is Nova.

BigMeatballDave 11-05-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9086099)

Maybe its your phone.

While I'm not a big fan of Touchwiz, it's not slow and choppy.

And I hate Go Launcher.

BigMeatballDave 11-05-2012 03:02 PM

Not a fan of anything 'Go'.

vailpass 11-08-2012 11:30 AM

Anybody use Skitch? I like the photo edit feature but not being able to share via text now makes it teh suxor. Am I missing something?

DMAC 11-08-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9087270)
Not a fan of anything 'Go'.

So what is your preference? There are alot out there and I'm new to Droid.

Definitely not using touchwiz. And it's not my phone, it is a common issue.

nstygma 11-08-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9098307)
Anybody use Skitch? I like the photo edit feature but not being able to share via text now makes it teh suxor. Am I missing something?

yeah hit the share button and choose messaging. sharing by txt works for me

vailpass 11-08-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstygma (Post 9098390)
yeah hit the share button and choose messaging. sharing by txt works for me

There is no messaging option in the updated version, that's the problem. I just dl'ed so never had the older version. Sucks because I could use this app but not being able to share the pics via sms renders it worthless.

BigMeatballDave 11-08-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9098316)
So what is your preference? There are alot out there and I'm new to Droid.

Definitely not using touchwiz. And it's not my phone, it is a common issue.

I'm running CM10 with the Touchwiz S3 launcher. I have an S2.

Typically, I use the Trebuchet that usually comes with CM Roms.

Great Expectations 11-09-2012 09:17 PM

What is the best app to store music? I just switched from an iphone4 to note 2 and need something to replace itunes.

nstygma 11-09-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9098451)
There is no messaging option in the updated version, that's the problem. I just dl'ed so never had the older version. Sucks because I could use this app but not being able to share the pics via sms renders it worthless.

yeah ive got the updated version too. when you click the sharing button, do you see the 'see all' item at the bottom of the list?

AussieChiefsFan 11-09-2012 11:30 PM

PlayerPro is a great music player for android.