ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

duncan_idaho 01-09-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Doctor10 (Post 9299717)
I don't like people calling him a 1st read qb, simply because if you have eyes he's very clearly not. His offense has a lot of wr screens, short quick underneath stuff, rb screens, all designed to get the ball out of his hands ASAP because his line can't block for shit.

So what does he do? He executes his gameplan. He gets the wr screen out there half a second after he has the ball. He hits wrs in stride and on their proper shoulders. When time allows, he surveys the field. Given that he never runs and always has his eyes looking for someone when he has to scramble, I'm still wondering why anyone can possibly call him a 1-read qb.

Another thing I notice... I see people talking about how he can't handle pressure. Guess those folks just haven't watched much tape of him, because that was the thing that REALLY stood out (and one of the things that sold me, other than his Sam Bradford-esque accuracy) to me. Smith is very good at sliding JUST enough in the pocket to extend a play and get the ball out.

RunKC 01-09-2013 11:35 AM

Honestly, I hope Geno rapes for the next 10 or more years. I hope Wilson rapes for the next 10 or more years. I hope Barkley rapes for the next 10 or more years.

Hell I hope Glennon does well too. Even Nassib.

Why? So all these ****ing dumbasses that keep saying this QB class sucks because they aren't last years class can be owned for years to come.

Rausch 01-09-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9299743)
Honestly, I hope Geno rapes for the next 10 or more years. I hope Wilson rapes for the next 10 or more years. I hope Barkley rapes for the next 10 or more years.

Why? So all these ****ing dumbasses that keep saying this QB class sucks because they aren't last years class can be owned for years to come.

Of all those names I'd be the least confident in Barkley...

suds79 01-09-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9299743)

You know they'll still be saying we need better O-line help to protect our current QB. "Nobody could succeed behind this line." - True fan. :p

RunKC 01-09-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9299749)
Of all those names I'd be the least confident in Barkley...

It really depends. He's so similar to Andy Dalton IMO. I think if he goes to a place like Arizona and they build up an OL and offensive staff, then he could be successful.

Like Dalton, he'll need help.

duncan_idaho 01-09-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9299765)
It really depends. He's so similar to Andy Dalton IMO. I think if he goes to a place like Arizona and they build up an OL and offensive staff, then he could be successful.

Like Dalton, he'll need help.

Dalton is a LOT better athlete... more nimble, better speed. Much better at moving the pocket.

I think the problem with Barkley is that he's as good now as he is ever likely to be. Which is solid, but not star-level QB play in the NFL.

Chiefnj2 01-09-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9299686)
Glennon also signed with the No. 2 sports agent (David Dunn). Dunn's guys don't get as much love from the ESPN group (Kiper, McShay, Mort, Schefter) as CAA guys, but they get a hell of a lot more than Select Sports Group's clients.

Wilson and Barkley are both with CAA. Watch. They are going to get pumped like crazy as time goes on... especially by the ESPN "gurus."

Tyler Bray signed with Tom Brady's agent and is working out with athletes performance.
Supposedly he received a 2nd round draft grade.

RunKC 01-09-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9299781)
Dalton is a LOT better athlete... more nimble, better speed. Much better at moving the pocket.

I think the problem with Barkley is that he's as good now as he is ever likely to be. Which is solid, but not star-level QB play in the NFL.

Agreed, though I think that Barkley is smarter than Dalton in some areas.

But we've seen QB's look better in good situations. Look at Cassel for proof. In New England he had help everywhere. In KC, Charles helped him so much, as did Bowe.

Stafford is a good example too. Calvin Johnson went HAM last year and caught TD's in double and even triple teams. This year CJ has a down year in the TD department and low and behold, Stafford's TD's went down as well.

milkman 01-09-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9299539)
What's amazing is this team was nuts-deep in Martyball-mentality under Pissholi and passed on a guy like DeCastro and reached for a NT in Poe...

Anyone that wants to draft a guard in the top 15 is ****ing moron.

RealSNR 01-09-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9299589)
Okay fine...trade down to #20 or so. Make a deal to get another mid #1 pick by trading someone accompanied by giving away some of your 4th and 5ths or something. My point is if you value 5 QBs equally, and one of them is still gonna be there later.....it is pointless to waste it on a QB on the very #1 pick of the draft.

Is it dumbass day at the True Fan corral?

Whatever, I don't care. Take a balloon and gtfo, tard.

RunKC 01-09-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9299836)
Is it dumbass day at the True Fan corral?

Whatever, I don't care. Take a balloon and gtfo, tard.

It's going to be embarassing when the NFL Network shows the Chiefs draft party reaction and the true fans give us a horrible image because they will be pissed off that we selected a QB and not Joeckel. LMAO

The_Doctor10 01-09-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9299822)
Anyone that wants to draft a guard in the top 15 is ****ing moron.

They see good teams draft guards in the 20s and go to the pro bowl and think the reason is, the guard was the better player. No, the reason that guard looks all world is because Aaron Rodgers is holding the ball for 3 seconds before flicking a 40 yard dart to James jones for the major.

Meanwhile? Joe Thomas has been on a team that got double digit wins once. But keep drafting the line.

Brock 01-09-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9299620)
I'm guessing that's based on his injury and lack of productivity...

It's based on that, and based on taking a guard at 11.

Sorter 01-09-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9299634)
This is all because the media (ahem Kiper) is pumping up Glennon simply because he has the strongest arm and best size in the draft.

Wilson's going to beat that ass at the Senior Bowl and you will see Wilson at 8 and Glennon at 38 by next month.

His size is overrated. His neck accounts for like 6 inches. ROFL

RealSNR 01-09-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9300358)
His size is overrated. His neck accounts for like 6 inches. ROFL

That's so he can eat from the tallest trees, where there is less competition among other species for food.

Not sure how it helps him be a better QB necessarily.