ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert just called 610. Wants to stay in KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269183)

htismaqe 01-28-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9357294)
Joeckel is not a project. Give him his due credit.

He's got work to do in the running game. He's got elite athleticism and operates well in space as a pass blocker.

But his lower body needs work.

htismaqe 01-28-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9357928)
You are correct DeBerg. Doesn't mean we have to like it but it is the reality how franchises look at it. Good franchises don't knee jerk and reach even if it is a desperate need. If they don't deem there to be a elite QB to take at #1, they won't reach over other more highly rated prospects.

There aren't any more highly-rated prospects.

There is not one single "can't miss" guy in this draft.

Moore has question marks. Joeckel has question marks. Star has question marks. Jones has 1 HUGE question mark.

EVERY SINGLE GUY at the top of this draft has flaws. Every one of them has the potential to be a huge bust.

Rambozo 01-28-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9358043)
There aren't any more highly-rated prospects.

There is not one single "can't miss" guy in this draft.

Moore has question marks. Joeckel has question marks. Star has question marks. Jones has 1 HUGE question mark.

EVERY SINGLE GUY at the top of this draft has flaws. Every one of them has the potential to be a huge bust.

This is a really bad post.

That's what people say everytime there isn't a QB that is clearly the #1 pick.

ChiefMojo 01-28-2013 10:46 AM

I actually I would argue there are some can't miss LT's, DT's and Rush DE/OLB's in this draft. There is no can't miss QB yes but to say other positions are a lie.

There may be no one guy that stands above everyone else but doesn't mean there isn't multiple guys that aren't immediate impact long term pro bowl prospects.

Rambozo 01-28-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9358071)
I actually I would argue there are some can't miss LT's, DT's and Rush DE/OLB's in this draft. There is no can't miss QB yes but to say other positions are a lie.

There may be no one guy that stands above everyone else but doesn't mean there isn't multiple guys that aren't immediate impact long term pro bowl prospects.

Yep and we aren't going to pass on a franchise LT if we don't have one under contract for more than one year.

htismaqe 01-28-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9358071)

Name them.

htismaqe 01-28-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9358092)
Yep and we aren't going to pass on a franchise LT if we don't have one under contract for more than one year.

Clinging to the cliff for as long as you can.

ROFL

RunKC 01-28-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9358116)
Name them.

Luke Joeckel
Eric Fisher (especially after owning this week)
Damontre Moore
Jarvis Jones

You don't think these guys are legit top 5 talent?

htismaqe 01-28-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9358220)
Luke Joeckel
Eric Fisher (especially after owning this week)
Damontre Moore
Jarvis Jones

You don't think these guys are legit top 5 talent?

Joeckel isn't even the best LT in this class, let alone worth the #1 pick.

Fisher looks like the real deal to me. If we can't re-sign Albert, he could be a consideration.

Moore I personally think is a stud but he's a tweener and people have questioned his ceiling.

Jarvis Jones - spinal stenosis.

Again, there are ZERO "can't" miss prospects in this draft. All of those guys have question marks...

EDIT: I just noticed your qualifier about "top 5" talent. All of these guys save Jones are top 5 talents, as are Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson. I'm talking about specifically being worth the CHIEFS pick at #1.

RunKC 01-28-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9358234)
Joeckel isn't even the best LT in this class, let alone worth the #1 pick.

Fisher looks like the real deal to me. If we can't re-sign Albert, he could be a consideration.

Moore I personally think is a stud but he's a tweener and people have questioned his ceiling.

Jarvis Jones - spinal stenosis.

Again, there are ZERO "can't" miss prospects in this draft. All of those guys have question marks...

EDIT: I just noticed your qualifier about "top 5" talent. All of these guys save Jones are top 5 talents, as are Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson. I'm talking about specifically being worth the CHIEFS pick at #1.

I will say this. I think Joeckel is damn lucky that Taylor Lewan stayed in school because he is the next elite LT prospect IMO.

Aside from the busted run play in the bowl game, Lewan made Jadeveon Clowney, the best pass rusher in college, his bitch all game long. I've never seen so much ownage.

Lewan is one nasty SOB too. I think he'll be a better prospect than Jake Long next season barring a huge letdown/injury.

htismaqe 01-28-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9358350)
I will say this. I think Joeckel is damn lucky that Taylor Lewan stayed in school because he is the next elite LT prospect IMO.

Aside from the busted run play in the bowl game, Lewan made Jadeveon Clowney, the best pass rusher in college, his bitch all game long. I've never seen so much ownage.

Lewan is one nasty SOB too. I think he'll be a better prospect than Jake Long next season barring a huge letdown/injury.

I like Lewan a lot.

I'd rather tag Albert, take our QB this year, and then look at LT next year if needed.

milkman 01-28-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9358386)
I like Lewan a lot.

I'd rather tag Albert, take our QB this year, and then look at LT next year if needed.

What the **** is wrong with you?

We should let Albert walk, draft Joeckel this year, and then draft Lewan and move Joeckel to RT next year.

That's the only true fan way to do it.

htismaqe 01-28-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9360219)
What the **** is wrong with you?

We should let Albert walk, draft Joeckel this year, and then draft Lewan and move Joeckel to RT next year.

That's the only true fan way to do it.

Sorry, I don't know what got into me.

The only problem with drafting Joeckel is that I don't know how we would get Warmack too. Maybe we could trade down, take Fisher and then take Warmack.

Sorter 01-28-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9360233)
Sorry, I don't know what got into me.

The only problem with drafting Joeckel is that I don't know how we would get Warmack too. Maybe we could trade down, take Fisher and then take Warmack.

I'm only approving this if we can trade our 2015 and 2016 1st to trade up for Jones (Alabama)

milkman 01-28-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9360245)
I'm only approving this if we can trade our 2015 and 2016 1st to trade up for Jones (Alabama)

Hell, Matt Cassel might be able to complete a 25 yard Hail Mary behind that line.