ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Report: Orlando Brown requests trade from Ravens, wants to play LT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=337032)

Dunerdr 04-23-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15642644)
are we sure veach doesn't have baltimore mafia ties?

I hope he does. Send mark andrews over next. I’m thinking, next years first for Andrew’s and our first back this year. Sounds like a veach deal!

Dunerdr 04-23-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 15642642)
Also, I like our Roster right now without the draft... would like to add a combo of either LB, Edge, and WR with the 2 twos to really be strong.

It’s a surprisingly good roster at the moment. I’d really like to add a wide out who can at least be an upgrade over D-rob and ideally upgrade Taco/find Clark’s replacement. But no complaints. I think they’re Ok rolling into the season with this line backer group. And also think they resign breeland.

KChiefs1 04-26-2021 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15579601)
Stop with this stupid shit guys. I’m sure the Ravens would love sending a good player to the Chiefs to help them get better.

Come on

Yet it happened.

KChiefs1 04-26-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 15579520)
A Top 40 pick AND a 20+ million dollar a year long term contract?

No thanks.

Sign a solid stop-gap and draft a fattie to take over next year or the year after.

I like Veach’s plan better.

KChiefs1 04-26-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15579703)
As for Brown, he CAN play LT but Stanley is simply BETTER. They can't afford to keep both of them, due to the contract demands, so Brown is the odd man out.

That doesn't mean I want Brown - I honestly don't think he's a great fit in KC for a LT but he IS an NFL left tackle and somebody will likely pick him up at some point because Baltimore simply can't keep him.

You don’t think he’s a fit? Why?

KChiefs1 04-26-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15580904)
Bet me then.

If we trade for Orlando Brown, I can’t post for a month. If we sign Trent Williams, you can’t post for a month.

If neither happens....then nothing happens.

Wow

The Franchise 04-26-2021 12:33 PM

Stick to flooding threads with YouTube videos.

KChiefs1 04-26-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15580914)
I’m down for that bet! A little friendly wager never hurt. The month ban if it happens will begin on the day it becomes official and announced by the Chiefs

So did this bet happen?

KChiefs1 04-26-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15580939)
he's a bad fit, and the property of a conference rival. No way they'd send a good player to us.

It's really not rocket science.

:hmm:

KChiefs1 04-26-2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15645560)
Stick to flooding threads with YouTube videos.

STFU

You can’t post for a month.

htismaqe 04-26-2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15645553)
You don’t think he’s a fit? Why?

I didn't think he was at the time I posted that. My thinking on the subject has changed radically over the past couple of weeks as I narrowed in on the available options in the draft and realized that Brown was 1) better at LT than I gave him a credit for and 2) a FAR better use of draft assets than trading up for a tackle.

KChiefs1 04-27-2021 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15645570)
My thinking on the subject has changed radically over the past couple of weeks as I narrowed in on the available options in the draft and realized that Brown was 1) better at LT than I gave him a credit for and 2) a FAR better use of draft assets than trading up for a tackle.

Brown played LT in Baltimore last season when Stanley went down & he was a LT at OU for 4 seasons. I always thought he was a good option after Williams resigned with the 49ers.

Totally agree on what it would have taken to move up to get an unproven LT in this draft. There are plenty of OT's in the draft but very few if any can't miss ones.

htismaqe 04-27-2021 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15646673)
Brown played LT in Baltimore last season when Stanley went down & he was a LT at OU for 4 seasons. I always thought he was a good option after Williams resigned with the 49ers.

Totally agree on what it would have taken to move up to get an unproven LT in this draft. There are plenty of OT's in the draft but very few if any can't miss ones.

Yeah, my thinking on the trade hasn't changed.

I always thought trading for Brown was a better option than trading up.

What changed was how I saw the trade for Brown against the options OTHER than trading up, especially knowing in hindsight that we got a 2nd round pick out of the deal.

My list kind of looked like this:

1. Trade down.
2. Stay put.
>
5. Trade for Brown.
>
100. Trade up.

As of about two weeks ago, it was kind of like this:

1. Stay put.
>
4. Trade for Brown.
5. Trade down.
>
1000. Trade up.

About Wednesday of last week, it just kind of hit me that trading for Brown was probably a great situation for both he and KC. He quickly moved to the #2 option for me and then the trade happened on Friday and we all saw that 2nd rounder come in.

By far the best possible outcome in my mind.

TomBarndtsTwin 04-27-2021 08:22 AM

Would the above qualify as spamming the board?

TomBarndtsTwin 04-27-2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15645549)
I like Veach’s plan better.

To be fair, he's on his rookie deal this year and we're only paying him $3 mil. right now.

And I did not think we would be getting a 2nd round pick back in the deal.

But it was a good move by Veach, despite my hesitancy in the beginning. Guess that's why he's the GM and not me . . . . . .