ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Deberg_1990 01-23-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9344236)
I'm a big fan of Bugsy as well and while I'm thinking about it any recollection of a movie with Mickey Rourke about the Chinese mafia?

Oh yea, Bugsy was great. forgot about that one. I vaguely remember the Rourke one...seen bits and pieces but dont remember the name?

mr. tegu 01-23-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 9344086)
All of this Godfather talk begs the question...

Which is the better mafia movie, The Godfather or Goodfellas?

My vote is Goodfellas, but it's damn close. And I'm talking just The Godfather, not a combination of The Godfather I and II.

That's a good reminder. I need to watch Goodfellas now. I have seen bits and pieces of it but now I need to watch it all the way through.

Dayze 01-23-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9344889)
That's a good reminder. I need to watch Goodfellas now. I have seen bits and pieces of it but now I need to watch it all the way through.

go get your shinebox.

ThaVirus 01-23-2013 05:49 PM

The Possession wasn't a total waste of time, but I also wasn't really expecting much.

I should mention that it isn't even scary at all. The DVD's main menu video sequence is by far the scariest part of the film, and even that is only creepy.

Nzoner 01-23-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9344255)
I vaguely remember the Rourke one...seen bits and pieces but dont remember the name?

Found it...Year Of The Dragon

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HRGBV5eSbyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCSportsZone86 01-24-2013 05:18 AM

What do you all think about ip man 1 and 2?

QuikSsurfer 01-24-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCSportsZone86 (Post 9346570)
What do you all think about ip man 1 and 2?

Fantastic movies.

mr. tegu 01-24-2013 11:08 PM

So I just watched Goodfellas. I really liked it but I would The Godfather was a little bit better. The tension was just elevated nonstop.

007 01-25-2013 03:15 AM

Whiteout was horrible. But it was free so meh.

Fire Me Boy! 01-25-2013 12:27 PM

Just bought Dick Tracy on Blu-Ray. This shit's gonna be awesome!

Swanman 01-25-2013 12:41 PM

I watched V/H/S on Netflix streaming the other night, and I must say, pretty damn solid for a horror flick. It was all "found footage" stuff but it kept me on my toes the whole time. Parts were super creepy with good amounts of gore thrown in.

Rambozo 01-25-2013 01:10 PM

Ever seen Road to Perdition with Tom Hanks, Jude Law, Daniel Craig, and Paul Newman? That's probably my favorite mob movie...

Buehler445 01-25-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9350586)
Ever seen Road to Perdition with Tom Hanks, Jude Law, Daniel Craig, and Paul Newman? That's probably my favorite mob movie...

There is quite a bit of discussion about it just a few pages back.

Rambozo 01-25-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9350594)
There is quite a bit of discussion about it just a few pages back.

I missed that. Anyone ever read the graphic novel it was based on? Most people haven't but I thought the ending was better. In the graphic novel, the boy shoots Jude law's character at the end. Then, it pans out to him later in life and he is telling the story. At that point, he is a Catholic Priest.

So, it's like he did become what his father was protecting him from but, he redeemed himself and turned out better than what his father would have liked.

I liked it better...

Easy 6 01-25-2013 03:53 PM

Got to see End of Watch last night, couldnt have loved it any more.

Great story, great acting and chemistry between Gyllenhall and Pena... just plain great, the movie really works hard to get you emotionally invested in those guys and it really pays off, great character development, they were very easy to buy as partners.

It also does a great job of showing all of the good things that cops do on a daily basis across the US... getting kids out of abusive homes, going above the call to save people in burning houses, getting violent pieces of crap off the streets, etc.

Probably the biggest thing i took from this movie though, is that these mexican gangs need to be brought to heel asap, roughly. They're already doing the things from the movie in this country, human trafficking, murders, kidnapping... the only thing i'm unaware of them doing is brazenly targeting police, but thats not far behind you can bet. They make the old italian mafia look like childs play, they're basically Al-Qaeda south, its only a matter of time before they start killing rancher families who try to thwart them and police.