ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Pasta Little Brioni 01-09-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9301153)
bingo

and why can't fans and clark understand the level of excitement a first round QB would bring to this franchise?

He would be the face of the franchise, the hope, the rallying point...it would be a blast...but idiot kc fans obsess over failure....

This has the potential to be an AMAZING offseason. Bringing in a legit coach, resigning the studs, and finally doing something many of us have waited many years for. No, they want to let Albert just walk and draft Jekyll :spock: Seriously, we sat through a 1-15 season to lose our good LT and have to waste our number one on it????????

KCrockaholic 01-09-2013 06:26 PM

My head wants to explode everytime I see someone say to let Albert walk, and draft Joeckel. If you do that, all you're doing is staying the same. You're not getting ANY better by doing that. The difference between Joeckel and Albert in the NFL will take a team from 2 wins. To 2 wins.

Get a god damn franchise QB in here and just by adding that piece you can go from 2 wins to about 6 or 7 in one year.

KCrockaholic 01-09-2013 06:27 PM

My head wants to explode everytime I see someone say to let Albert walk, and draft Joeckel. If you do that, all you're doing is staying the same. You're not getting ANY better by doing that. The difference between Joeckel and Albert in the NFL will take a team from 2 wins. To 2 wins.

Get a god damn franchise QB in here and just by adding that piece you can go from 2 wins to about 6 or 7 in one year.

htismaqe 01-09-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9301153)
bingo

and why can't fans and clark understand the level of excitement a first round QB would bring to this franchise?

He would be the face of the franchise, the hope, the rallying point...it would be a blast...but idiot kc fans obsess over failure....

Oh believe me, Clark knows.

KCrockaholic 01-09-2013 06:28 PM

Matt Miller is being a ****ing idiot.

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
Good luck to Andy Reid and whomever his GM will be. Fighting an uphill battle with a fan base that demands a QB in a QB-less draft

If I'm Andy Reid, I'd rather have Luke Joeckel and Ryan Nassib than Geno Smith and any player in Rd 2.

For #Chiefs, only two players I see worthy of No. 1 overall pick right now—Joeckel and Lotulelei. Anyone else is a reach.

Yet... Then he says this....

Quote:

@JaguarsBlog I have Geno as the #1QB, but more in the 8-10 range of Rd1.
**** YOU reerun!

htismaqe 01-09-2013 06:29 PM

Clark isn't stupid.

There's 2 kinds of fans - the people that want the team to do certain things and another that will be happy no matter what happens.

If Clark DOESN'T draft a QB, the first group is mad but the 2nd group is happy.

If Clark DOES draft a QB, the first group is happy and the 2nd group is happy, TOO.

DJ's left nut 01-09-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9301170)

Going from Cassel to even an average QB and from Crennel/Dabol to any form of competent coaching staff is worth 6-8 wins on its own.

the Talking Can 01-09-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9301174)
Oh believe me, Clark knows.

probably...but until he makes it happen, i'm not going to relax

the Talking Can 01-09-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9301178)
Matt Miller is being a ****ing idiot.

Good luck to Andy Reid and whomever his GM will be. Fighting an uphill battle with a fan base that demands a QB in a QB-less draft

If I'm Andy Reid, I'd rather have Luke Joeckel and Ryan Nassib than Geno Smith and any player in Rd 2.

For #Chiefs, only two players I see worthy of No. 1 overall pick right now—Joeckel and Lotulelei. Anyone else is a reach.

Yet... Then he says this....

**** YOU reerun!

not enough aids on the planet for that asshole....so ****ing stupid

Pasta Little Brioni 01-09-2013 06:32 PM

He's worth the pick at 8, but not 1 might be the dumbest thing muttered.....EVER in draft convos regarding QB's over the years. There's either a Franchise QB available to take at one or you might as well not even draft one.

htismaqe 01-09-2013 06:32 PM

Evidently that's what changed Matt's mind. He must think Andy Reid can make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-09-2013 06:35 PM

Ride it out with Cassel for a decade until the next Luck caliber QB is available!!! If they don't take one this year, it'll never happen.

okcchief 01-09-2013 06:36 PM

Since pretty much everyone has said 15 different players could be the top pick then you take the QB. Biggest position of need by far.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-09-2013 06:39 PM

Well Teo's toast. Just need Jekyll to get busted for smoking wacky weed.

htismaqe 01-09-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9301211)
Well Teo's toast. Just need Jekyll to get busted for smoking wacky weed.

I'm on it!