ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Saccopoo 01-10-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

A hot topic around these here parts is whether or not the Chiefs should take West Virginia QB Geno Smith with the first pick in the 2013 NFL draft. To answer that question there’s another question that needs to be answered first: is Geno Smith a beast of a QB or not?
One long month ago I went on record as saying that the Chiefs would be best served by selecting ILB Manti’ Te’o from Notre Dame number one overall. Since then the Chiefs have hired QB Merlin Andy Reid and… the college national championship game has played out and… I can now see I was wrong. If I was a politician… you wouldn’t want to vote for me.

**** you tool.

You are an idiot.

And a backtracker.

And a ****ing tool. Of all tools.

If you didn't see Geno Smith as the end all be all before your boy Te'o shit down his leg then you are a band wagon jumping pile of shit.

Go **** yourself to piece of monkey shit.

**** yourself with a pitchfork.

I hope that when Geno goes for 6,004 yards and 68 TD's his rookie year that he sends you a Manti Te'o jersey from whatever ****nut team that drafted him.

Go **** your mother you cocksucking pile of yak shit.

Saccopoo 01-10-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9301960)
Barkley's numbers compare damn good as well. Screw all the dumb asses who think this is a shitty quarterback draft.

Yep.

It's a very deep QB draft. And very talented.

Dudes are dumb.

Saccopoo 01-10-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9302063)
I'd say he's on par with the bottom 2. The others, (especially stafford arm strength and Brady's leadership) no way. He can build up to the latter via winning 3 SBs, but he'll never possess Stafford's arm. That kid has side-armed a 45yd laser. JFC.

True, but he's a drunk pile of shit that doesn't care.

Geno is a film room junkie that loves the game.

I'll take a guy like Geno who has passion versus a guy like Stafford/Cutler who has the ultimate cannon arm, but doesn't give a shit and would rather suck down a keg on Saturday versus studying game tape.

Sorter 01-10-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9302124)
True, but he's a drunk pile of shit that doesn't care.

Geno is a film room junkie that loves the game.

I'll take a guy like Geno who has passion versus a guy like Stafford/Cutler who has the ultimate cannon arm, but doesn't give a shit and would rather suck down a keg on Saturday versus studying game tape.

**** yeah. This is why I love Geno as a prospect. **** I don't even get to interview the guy and pick his brain.

Rasputin 01-10-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9302020)
Smith
Barkley
Murray
Wilson
Jones
Nassib
Glennon
Bray

5 or 6 of those guys could be drafted in the first round...3 could go in the top ten.

Pffft. The Jaguires are desperate for a QB & the raiders can't depend on Carson Palmer. By all means damnet we should take Geno. This draft could have 3 QBs go 1 2 3.

NJChiefsFan 01-10-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9302063)
I'd say he's on par with the bottom 2. The others, (especially stafford arm strength and Brady's leadership) no way.

I agree. He reminds me of Rodgers a lot in the way he plays the game. People can try to pretend I'm projecting him to be Rodgers, but I just mean how they handle themselves in the pocket vs. running. They both have the ability to move around very athletically, but they choose the pass.

I have only heard Geno talk in interviews from the press, but he comes across both motivated and intelligent. Both those things aren't something to overlook for a kid still in college. I think those may help him the most in the time leading up to the draft.

Sorter 01-10-2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9302184)
I agree. He reminds me of Rodgers a lot in the way he plays the game. People can try to pretend I'm projecting him to be Rodgers, but I just mean how they handle themselves in the pocket vs. running. They both have the ability to move around very athletically, but they choose the pass.

I have only heard Geno talk in interviews from the press, but he comes across both motivated and intelligent. Both those things aren't something to overlook for a kid still in college. I think those may help him the most in the time leading up to the draft.

Definitely. The leadership IMo, comes with wins + ability to be a leader. Tebow for example, isn't a good leader if they consistently get skull****ed.

To diverge for a minute, the reason Tom IMO is such a solid leader is because A) His personality B) The fact he was drafted late and carries to this day such a large chip on his shoulder and C) his results. To me, without his results, his teammates would tune him out. With the addition of all 3, you have a QB who can inspire players and get them to perform when it isn't expected of them.

With Geno, I definitely think he has A. I think he's still going to carry a chip on his shoulder because most people think he is unworthy. The 3rd is going to be obvious. Either Geno produces, or he doesn't. By all accounts, people liked Cassel in the locker room. When they knew he couldn't come from behind or beat competent teams, the others deflated to an extent.

ILChief 01-10-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9302153)
Pffft. The Jaguires are desperate for a QB & the raiders can't depend on Carson Palmer. By all means damnet we should take Geno. This draft could have 3 QBs go 1 2 3.

But all the "experts" say there aren't any QBs worth top picks. Too risky. Draft OT

BryanBusby 01-10-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9301178)
Matt Miller is being a ****ing idiot.

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
Good luck to Andy Reid and whomever his GM will be. Fighting an uphill battle with a fan base that demands a QB in a QB-less draft

If I'm Andy Reid, I'd rather have Luke Joeckel and Ryan Nassib than Geno Smith and any player in Rd 2.

For #Chiefs, only two players I see worthy of No. 1 overall pick right now—Joeckel and Lotulelei. Anyone else is a reach.

Yet... Then he says this....

**** YOU reerun!

This dude is reeruned. Yeah, I too would definitely favor a DT that took plays off.

htismaqe 01-10-2013 07:48 AM

This guy on WHB right now just makes no sense.

He says Geno Smith goes anywhere from 5-15 but he REALLY needed to play in the Senior Bowl. As his proof, he cited Matt Ryan. Matt Ryan didn't play in the Senior Bowl and ultimately he went 3rd. But then he said this:

It was a mistake for Ryan not to play AND it was a MISTAKE FOR MIAMI TO PASS ON HIM.

Can somebody explain his logic? If it was a mistake for Miami to pass on him, how is it relevant AT ALL what Matt Ryan did? Miami should have taken him even though he didn't play in the Senior Bowl, by the man's own admission, so why should Matt Ryan have risked himself playing in the Senior Bowl game? So it sounds to me like it's NOT a mistake for Smith to skip the Senior Bowl - it's a MISTAKE for Chiefs fans to dismiss him as the #1 overall pick just because he's not playing.

Nightfyre 01-10-2013 07:50 AM

Yea, Matt Ryan is probably really disappointed he is on the Falcons right now rather than the Dolphins. That makes a ton of sense.

the Talking Can 01-10-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302336)
This guy on WHB right now just makes no sense.

He says Geno Smith goes anywhere from 5-15 but he REALLY needed to play in the Senior Bowl. As his proof, he cited Matt Ryan. Matt Ryan didn't play in the Senior Bowl and ultimately he went 3rd. But then he said this:

It was a mistake for Ryan not to play AND it was a MISTAKE FOR MIAMI TO PASS ON HIM.

Can somebody explain his logic? If it was a mistake for Miami to pass on him, how is it relevant AT ALL what Matt Ryan did? Miami should have taken him even though he didn't play in the Senior Bowl, by the man's own admission, so why should Matt Ryan have risked himself playing in the Senior Bowl game? So it sounds to me like it's NOT a mistake for Smith to skip the Senior Bowl - it's a MISTAKE for Chiefs fans to dismiss him as the #1 overall pick just because he's not playing.

heard it

everyone is insane when it comes to QBs, even the 'scouts'...all based on some mythical idea that drafting a bad QB will ruin your franchise forever..."oh noes, it risky!"

trying to win and failing is worse than not trying to win, according to these people and fans

won't even mention the completely made up notion of 'value'...can't draft a QB #1 if kiper has him ranked #6...why?

'value'

made up numbers, with no real world corollary...pure frontier gibberish

Molitoth 01-10-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

everyone is insane when it comes to QBs, even the 'scouts'...all based on some mythical idea that drafting a bad QB will ruin your franchise forever..."oh noes, it risky!"
The Raiders drafted Jamarcus, to me have less overall team talent, and stupidly traded draft picks for Carson Palmer and YET they can still lay a whoopin on this Chiefs team the past few years.

Until you have a good QB, everything else means jack shit. Busting on a QB doesn't set you back a decade... it sets you back until you decide to move on.. (which should be no more than 3 seasons, 2 if you see no improvement whatsoever).

If we would've built this team around a QB who didn't suck total ****ing ass (Cassel) instead of a DLine, we might have a franchise QB and competing in the playoffs right now.

TEX 01-10-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9302468)
The Raiders drafted Jamarcus, to me have less overall team talent, and stupidly traded draft picks for Carson Palmer and YET they can still lay a whoopin on this Chiefs team the past few years.

Until you have a good QB, everything else means jack shit. Busting on a QB doesn't set you back a decade... it sets you back until you decide to move on.. (which should be no more than 3 seasons, 2 if you see no improvement whatsoever).

True - especially with the new CBA and rookie cap - there has never been a better time to draft a QB round 1. In fact one can easily argue that Cassel has been more of a burden on the Chiefs than had they just drafted a BUST at QB in round one instead of trading for him and extending his contract. The financial hit would have been less and they would have had a # 2 draft pick...

the Talking Can 01-10-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9302468)

If we would've built this team around a QB who didn't suck total ****ing ass (Cassel) instead of a DLine, we might have a franchise QB and competing in the playoffs right now.

yup

Ravens drafted Boller
Chargers drafted Leaf
Falcons drafted Vick

and on and on

we draft NOBODY....and we're 2-12 with the #1 pick

the only lesson is to keep drafting QBs no matter what