ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Guesses: Does Berry play Sunday? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320403)

O.city 01-14-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14036870)
What about Spencer Ware's availability.

In short yardage situations and as a back-up to Damien Williams I still trust him more than the rookie Williams.

Yeah, that wouldn't be bad to have him back.

I like Williams but he is still a rookie UDFA

Meatloaf 01-14-2019 09:33 AM

Goodness, there's certainly a lot of frustration (bordering on hate) for Berry these days. I'm as frustrated as anyone that Berry hasn't been playing, but c'mon guys, you know as well as I do that this guy is a warrior. There is not one shred of QUIT in this guy as he had EVERY opportunity to do so when battling cancer, rehabbing from the Achilles tear, etc. And when he's been on the field this year, he sure looks to me like he's giving it his all.

Yeah, he makes a gazillion dollars and yeah the Chiefs did him no favors with that stupid day-to-day bullshit, but do you REALLY think this guy is faking it? Seriously? I think his teammates would be the first to know, yet it sure seems as if they still pay a ton of attention to what he says/does on the sideline. Do you really think they'd put up with fake bullshit? I know these guys aren't the second coming of Einstein, but give 'em a smidgen of credit for knowing/recognizing leadership when they see it. And trust me, you know as well as I that we'd be able to tell if his teammates felt Berry's behavior was just so much schtick.

Gentlemen, I fear this is simply another case where it frustrates us to no end when (argueably) our best defensive player isn't playing. Plus, knowing that he's making more $$$ than all of us (probably combined) adds to the frustration.

Hey, we are hosting the stinking AFC Championship game here at Arrowhead! Why get hung up on a situation that we really know very little about. Let's send as many positive vibes as we can muster to One Arrowhead Drive as we make our way to a World Championship!!!!

Go Chiefs!!!

chiefforlife 01-14-2019 09:33 AM

I think its more important to have DOD and Ware back.
With Ware back maybe West wont be active, he is the one who missed the block on the blocked punt.

threebag 01-14-2019 09:38 AM

Your right Meatloaf, he’s a Berry good cheerleader

Willie Roaf could hardly walk but still was a monster on game day.

Rain Man 01-14-2019 09:40 AM

In Berry's defense, he made a key stop in the Colts game. At one point Damien was running hard and got shoved out of bounds. It looked like he was about to hit the bench right in front of my seat, but at the last moment Berry grabbed him and stopped his momentum. I'm convinced that it kept Damien healthy.

oldman 01-14-2019 09:43 AM

I'm not suggesting he doesn't want to play, nor am I suggesting he's faking. My point is he knew he had a problem before he came to camp. At that point he should have been honest with the Chiefs that the deformity was causing him too much pain to even practice and had surgery right then and there. At least we could have shopped around for a replacement, even a JAG instead of taking a roster spot all year. He could have "coached" on the sidelines just as well with a boot. As to the training/medical staff''s actions during this drama, I think we need new guys.

penchief 01-14-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14036819)
Lol i love how the Berry bashers are using the "0-2" against when..

1. When he was on the field against the Chargers we were winning and the defense was dominating. It all fell apart when he left.

2. He was forced to play Seattle with two rookies making their debuts and no Kendall Fuller as well.

But hey, keep trying to convince yourselves that we would be better with Dan frikking Sorensen if it makes you feel better :D .

Your narrative is getting old. Nobody wants to be a Berry Basher. Any chief fan who hopes for a championship would like for nothing more than a healthy Berry able to contribute on game day. But getting strung along for an entire season gets old. Most people in this thread are just tired of the drama and are saying they don't care anymore, either way.

The whole thing has become a weekly distraction that fans just want to go away. I understand that you have a need to be Berry's White Knight but why does that compel you to attack fans for justifiably feeling the way they do? And why do you assign the label "Berry basher" to those who are just tired of having their hopes dashed and don't care anymore?

UChieffyBugger 01-14-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penchief (Post 14036969)
Your narrative is getting old. Nobody wants to be a Berry Basher. Any chief fan who hopes for a championship would like for nothing more than a healthy Berry able to contribute on game day. But getting strung along for an entire season gets old. Most people in this thread are just tired of the drama and are saying they don't care anymore, either way.

The whole thing has become a weekly distraction that fans just want to go away. I understand that you have a need to be Berry's White Knight but why does that compel you to attack fans for justifiably feeling the way they do? And why do you assign the label "Berry basher" to those who are just tired of having their hopes dashed and don't care anymore?

Go and look at the vile hate being spewed against Berry on various threads on this forum and maybe, just maybe, you'll understand why some of us feel compelled to defend Eric.

KChiefs1 01-14-2019 10:00 AM

Chiefs are 0-2 when he plays.

kcpasco 01-14-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 14037006)

So what? Berry or Sorenson covering Gronk, it’s not a hard choice.

DRM08 01-14-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 14037006)

And it’s not like he played great in those games. The cold hard truth is that he is now a very expensive empty suit for the Chiefs.

ToxSocks 01-14-2019 10:09 AM

Don't really care anymore at this point. And im a big Berry supporter. Still have the dude as my desktop wallpaper.

But the Chiefs have made it this far with out him. And may have found something with Jordan Lucas.

If Berry comes back i'd like to see him in Sorenson's role and Lucas can continue playing FS.

Pushead2 01-14-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14037033)
Don't really care anymore at this point. And im a big Berry supporter. Still have the dude as my desktop wallpaper.

But the Chiefs have made it this far with out him. And may have found something with Jordan Lucas.

If Berry comes back i'd like to see him in Sorenson's role and Lucas can continue playing FS.

If he does play, I'm absolutely all for him and Lucas.

kc rush 01-14-2019 10:36 AM

He won't play this week, but will if we get to the SB. He wants to play on the biggest stage in his hometown.

Sassy Squatch 01-14-2019 10:39 AM

No.