ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Upgrading the offensive line (...or not?) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321233)

Chiefshrink 02-10-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 14100093)
KC was 5th best in sacks allowed per game.

Against the better defenses like the Ravens,Hawks, Pats etc....?

srvy 02-10-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 14100093)
KC was 5th best in sacks allowed per game.

A lot of that was because of Pat but I dont buy the stat one bit. Id like a stat on contact after the ball is out. Pat has little fear and will thread it in on the run before taking the shot. There is a point with any QB when those shots eventually take a toll. This line needs to be better and Andy owes it to his superstar to protect him. If anything should convince you rewatch the AFC championship who was the best oline that game. The difference was night and day a old TB could stand in pocket. When they wanted to run they blew open holes and got to the second level.

Chiefshrink 02-10-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 14100120)
A lot of that was because of Pat but I dont buy the stat one bit. Id like a stat on contact after the ball is out. Pat has little fear and will thread it in on the run before taking the shot. There is a point with any QB when those shots eventually take a toll. This line needs to be better and Andy owes it to his superstar to protect him. If anything should convince you rewatch the AFC championship who was the best oline that game. The difference was night and day a old TB could stand in pocket. When they wanted to run they blew open holes and got to the second level.

:bravo::wayne::bravo::wayne:

My point exactly !!

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-10-2019 11:56 AM

And I'm sure we'll get that.

Just not THIS year. :)

Chris Meck 02-10-2019 12:00 PM

I think we're a year away from the OL investment.

I think the big need this offseason is to get the defense to a respectable level. Then you have to start restocking the OL next year. Then you'll need to start restocking playmakers the year after that.

Iconic 02-10-2019 12:11 PM

We'd see more improvement from the O-Line by drafting a LT than any guard or center could provide. There's a decent amount of inside guys that are interchangable already on the roster.

What I really want is a fatty who can replace Fisher but that's not happening. Fisher has about two years left in KC. I think we'll just get another 'jack of all trades master of none' type in the lower rounds for depth. However next year, it's time to look at LTs in the upper 3 rounds.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-10-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14100145)
I think we're a year away from the OL investment.

I think the big need this offseason is to get the defense to a respectable level. Then you have to start restocking the OL next year. Then you'll need to start restocking playmakers the year after that.

Yip. Rotate in-rotate out. And it would be nice if we could begin a practice of unloading "stars" before their expiration date hits as well. Start being on top of situations instead of racing to catch up, or wasting precious cap on paying players because "well, who ELSE are you going to get"? I hate that shit.

UK_Chief 02-10-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14099248)
Need a new LT

Agree. Fisher is meh. Good at times, revolving door at other times. Not what you want in a LT

Chargem 02-10-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14100083)
Your reading comprehension and football eyes are severely lacking my friend. Bob Barker did not happen when Reiter and Wylie were filling in just so you know. However, Bob Barker occurred on a regular basis when Morse and LDT returned to the lineup especially against the better defenses and is my point about pimping Reiter and Wylie.;)

When did LDT return to the line up?

I think you have a point somewhat, in that I liked the potential shown by Reiter and Wylie and they seem pretty good in pass pro.

I disagree with you on LDT and Schwartz, those guys have been money and the injuries from LDT aren't the kind that you think maybe he is injury prone - sometimes you just get a broken leg in the trenches, can happen to anyone.

The Patriots and Ravens beat the line with stunts and unusual blitzes. Some of that is on better communication by the line where there's nothing you can do if you need to keep swapping guys due to injuries and some of that is Mahomes needing to develop in terms of line calls. I don't think overall talent on the line was the issue in most cases.

Mahomes also invited a lot of pressure on himself that was nothing to do with the line, he could also improve there. That's probably the overall biggest difference to his health.

I do think the Chiefs need to add more depth, G is okay but Tackle and Center could use some late round picks (5 or later) to develop.

Chris Meck 02-10-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14100176)
Yip. Rotate in-rotate out. And it would be nice if we could begin a practice of unloading "stars" before their expiration date hits as well. Start being on top of situations instead of racing to catch up, or wasting precious cap on paying players because "well, who ELSE are you going to get"? I hate that shit.

this is why I'm so high on Jaylon Ferguson in rd. 1. Yeah, we're probably keeping Ford for another year. Possibly Houston too. So let's have a replacement stud DE ready for primetime waiting in the wings, rotating in, ready for the inevitable half season of injury time to either Houston or Ford and next year you let 'em walk.

I want Ferguson, best CB available, best S available in the first two rounds.

Chief Roundup 02-10-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14100083)
Your reading comprehension and football eyes are severely lacking my friend. Bob Barker did not happen when Reiter and Wylie were filling in just so you know. However, Bob Barker occurred on a regular basis when Morse and LDT returned to the lineup especially against the better defenses and is my point about pimping Reiter and Wylie.;)

LDT didn't get to return to the lineup after his injury......

Wilson8 02-10-2019 02:24 PM

Cameron Erving was drafted out of Florida State as a center. So Reiter, Murray, and Erving can compete for center position. Maybe playing center would cure Erving's tendency for moving too early?

Find a backup LT and develop him as a starter.

That player probably needs to have played a lot of LT in college and have the required size, foot quickness, and arm length that you look for in that position.

Looking at the Chiefs current roster I don't think Kahlil McKenzie, Jimmy Murray, Andrew Wylie, Ryan Hunter, or Pace Murphy really fit the LT profile.

So draft the perfect future LT and find him in the later rounds. Not an easy task.

Titty Meat 02-10-2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14099948)
It's clear you do not have "football eyes".:rolleyes:

I get it CP loves their scrubs. Yall convinced yourselves Scandrick was better than Peters LMAO

dlphg9 02-10-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 14099678)
So looking back on the last 2 years you think our O line has been stellar? I’ve seen Pat running for his life for a good part of the year. Is that part of his game?? Sure, but he’d surely do event better with better protection. Scapegoat?? Yeah I guess our offensive line getting beat by the better teams in the league shouldn’t be too worrisome considering we have a once in a lifetime qb behind center. Let’s keep going with the same guy who hasn’t shown me that he can consistently push the line to the next level.

So are you saying we need to replace a good part of the line, because Andy ****ing Heck is doing an admirable job??

No I dont think the line did an admirable job. If PMII wasnt our QB, then Im sure the line would have gotten our QB hurt. But changing the ****ing Oline coach isn't going to make them suck any less. The only coaches that can make much of a difference in how well the players play are HC, OC, DC. Those coaches are in charge of using the right scheme to compliment the players they have and not calling the same plays that dont work or calling plays that put thevplayers in the wrong position. No O line coach is going to "coach up" Eric Fisher and make him an all pro. No one can turn chicken shit into chicken salad.

Chiefshrink 02-10-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14100471)
Yall convinced yourselves Scandrick was better than Peters LMAO

Not I. But I was not a fan of either player for that matter. Vet who was washed up or an athletic melt down who wouldn't cover or tackle but just only jump routes.:rolleyes:

If Ford doesn't have ADD at the end of the game we are in the SB without your boy Peters. Think about that for a second. :shrug: