ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger: Marcus Peters is gone. The Chiefs have some explaining to do. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314080)

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-23-2018 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13433943)
I thought it was because we never drafted a franchise QB?
Posted via Mobile Device

We've tried to extend the hand of understanding repeatedly, but that dumbassed family keeps ratcheting the step-ladder higher and higher with each passing year and each idiotic move.

They just can't be reached.

Chiefs Moon 02-23-2018 09:41 PM

If we gave Peters away, the players will be as pissed as fans. If we got fair value, we move on. This is about winning. There's no reason for a fire sale. It would be better to keep him a few more years and get nothing than getting a third round pick for him. And if Reid thinks the guy is a cancer, well, Reid helped bring Peters here.

KCTitus 02-23-2018 09:46 PM

Buy low/draft and sell high...I think KC, if they get the first rounder this year, has made a great trade. I think KC got as much as they could get out of a DB that cannot lock down a WR on the other team.

petegz28 02-23-2018 09:49 PM

supposedly he was a cancer in the locker room....didn't want to be here as well

O.city 02-23-2018 09:50 PM

I doubt they’ll throw him under the bus so we’ll orobably never know

petegz28 02-23-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon (Post 13434300)
If we gave Peters away, the players will be as pissed as fans. If we got fair value, we move on. This is about winning. There's no reason for a fire sale. It would be better to keep him a few more years and get nothing than getting a third round pick for him. And if Reid thinks the guy is a cancer, well, Reid helped bring Peters here.

I think there might be more players happy that he is gone than we thing....just a hunch

cdcox 02-23-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 13434322)
Buy low/draft and sell high...I think KC, if they get the first rounder this year, has made a great trade. I think KC got as much as they could get out of a DB that cannot lock down a WR on the other team.

Opponent passer rating of 65 in targets at Peters. Can't get much more lock down than that.

BigRedChief 02-23-2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 13434333)
I think there might be more players happy that he is gone than we thing....just a hunch

ive got a hunch that your politics is clouding your judgement on Peters.

KCTitus 02-23-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canoworms (Post 13434345)
Opponent passer rating of 65 in targets at Peters. Can't get much more lock down than that.

As I recall, Peters only played on side of the field...that's a great percentage as long as the offense continues to line their best WR on the same side of the field. I dont believe that was the case last year, at least as far as I can recall.

mcaj22 02-23-2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 13434322)

So I take it you dont actually watch NFL games

cdcox 02-23-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 13434355)
As I recall, Peters only played on side of the field...that's a great percentage as long as the offense continues to line their best WR on the same side of the field. I dont believe that was the case last year, at least as far as I can recall.

It's damn good even if every snap was against the #2. But we both know that some of those snaps were against the #1.

KCTitus 02-23-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 13434360)
So I take it you dont actually watch NFL games

LOL...I watch quite a few, but I do make a point of watching all of KC's games every week. I do not, however, break down film. If you have some insights, please share...I would love to read your breakdowns of the game film.

KCTitus 02-23-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canoworms (Post 13434366)
It's damn good even if every snap was against the #2. But we both know that some of those snaps were against the #1.

That's true, and I would agree, however his effectiveness was limited and reminded me of Dale Carter. More penalties in his later years than great plays. In the end, I dont think KC is bad off making this trade.

cdcox 02-23-2018 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 13434375)
That's true, and I would agree, however his effectiveness was limited and reminded me of Dale Carter. More penalties in his later years than great plays. In the end, I dont think KC is bad off making this trade.

In first 3 years:

Dale Carter: 10 turnovers
Marcus Peters: 24 turnovers

KCTitus 02-23-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canoworms (Post 13434384)
In first 3 years:

Dale Carter: 10 turnovers
Marcus Peters: 24 turnovers

Great point...I seems to me KC got the most they could from him and hopefully that stat means a high draft pick, possibly a first, which KC needs.