ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Automobile help needed please. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110387)

Bwana 02-18-2005 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief
Kewl, too bad you sold it though, but I’m sure you’ve probably moved onto another project by now.
Although there’s been some friendly smack thrown back and forth between Bwana, PastorMike and myself over there dirty ricers ;) , I have no brand loyalty. I’ll go with whatever works.

On that note, I'm sure you will be happy to know that I am now driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited for my driver of the month. :hmmm: So far, I haven't had to call on any of my buddies with a Land Cruiser to tow it back to my shop. :eek:

HemiEd 02-18-2005 01:55 PM

Quote:

Kewl, too bad you sold it though, but I’m sure you’ve probably moved onto another project by now.
Although there’s been some friendly smack thrown back and forth between Bwana, PastorMike and myself over there dirty ricers ;) , I have no brand loyalty. I’ll go with whatever works.

I sold it for fear we would have another muscle car value crash like we did in 88. I posted some pix in the cool car picture thread a while back. We are in agreement on the ricer thing. But one of my buddies has made a lot of money selling those stupid wings, big mouth mufflers and all of that other crap they put on them. He said it has slowed down a lot recently because the kids have figured out that one of those mufflers and a pink air tube won't make them run in the tens! ROFL

Radar Chief 02-18-2005 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
On that note, I'm sure you will be happy to know that I am now driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited for my driver of the month. :hmmm: So far, I haven't had to call on any of my buddies with a Land Cruiser to tow it back to my shop. :eek:

Glad you returned from the dark side. :thumb:

Radar Chief 02-18-2005 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
I sold it for fear we would have another muscle car value crash like we did in 88. I posted some pix in the cool car picture thread a while back. We are in agreement on the ricer thing. But one of my buddies has made a lot of money selling those stupid wings, big mouth mufflers and all of that other crap they put on them. He said it has slowed down a lot recently because the kids have figured out that one of those mufflers and a pink air tube won't make them run in the tens! ROFL

“Well, the paint job alone took a second off my ¼ time.” ;)

Back before the Truck World BB got all screwed up, there was a guy selling those “Intake Tornado” thing-a-muh-jigs and the ricer kiddies were buy’n them left and right talk’n about how much faster it made there rigs. When the master mechanics showed up asking questions about how it’s supposed to work, the seller started talking in circles before leaving the board with a comment like, “well, I guess some people just don’t want to believe.” :rolleyes:

HemiEd 02-18-2005 02:37 PM

Quote:

“Well, the paint job alone took a second off my ¼ time.” ;)

Back before the Truck World BB got all screwed up, there was a guy selling those “Intake Tornado” thing-a-muh-jigs and the ricer kiddies were buy’n them left and right talk’n about how much faster it made there rigs. When the master mechanics showed up asking questions about how it’s supposed to work, the seller started talking in circles before leaving the board with a comment like, “well, I guess some people just don’t want to believe.” :rolleyes:

Funny Story! My Friend owns one of the shops that sells all of that junk and those rubber band tires with the Dubs.
He drives a Viper in the summer. One of those guys pulled up in his "Civic" in front of store and said in all seriousness: My Civic will outrun that thing! The Civic driver had no idea what the Viper even was.

Radar Chief 02-18-2005 02:43 PM

Quote:

Funny Story! My Friend owns one of the shops that sells all of that junk and those rubber band tires with the Dubs.
He drives a Viper in the summer. One of those guys pulled up in his "Civic" in front of store and said in all seriousness: My Civic will outrun that thing! The Civic driver had no idea what the Viper even was.

Yup, that sound’s ‘bout right.

J Diddy 02-19-2005 02:12 AM

After some debate about the truck, I decided not to get it afterall. Instead I got a 94 Dakota with 80000 miles. It has cruise control, powersteering and yes AC.

Thanks everyone for all the help last night.

Phobia 02-19-2005 10:53 AM

That's what my old man drives. What did you pay for it?

stumppy 02-19-2005 11:10 AM

Quote:

That's too funny.ROFL Hell, you can just look at a Viper and tell it's one fast mofo.
I've driven (hard) a lot of cars over the years and Viper's are the only ones that actually scared me. Every time I drove one I walked away thinking 'that's way too much power for just anyone to be able to drive'.

stumppy 02-19-2005 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy
After some debate about the truck, I decided not to get it afterall. Instead I got a 94 Dakota with 80000 miles. It has cruise control, powersteering and yes AC.

Did you get one with the 5.2 L engine ?

J Diddy 02-19-2005 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
That's what my old man drives. What did you pay for it?

I got it for 6,000. Which for some reason is over the bluebook value by quite a bit, but I don't mind paying it. It is in perfect condition, runs great, and I like it. Sheez, around here I was lucky to get anything in good condition for under $10000.

No buyers remorse, so far it is fun as hell.

HemiEd 02-20-2005 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy

Good move, I think you will be glad you did it. V6 or V8? I have a 90, they are nice! :thumb:

HemiEd 02-20-2005 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy
That's too funny.ROFL Hell, you can just look at a Viper and tell it's one fast mofo.
I've driven (hard) a lot of cars over the years and Viper's are the only ones that actually scared me. Every time I drove one I walked away thinking 'that's way too much power for just anyone to be able to drive'.

I have not driven one, but I have ridden in his. Lots of fun! :thumb: