ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft *****OFFICIAL 2010 NFL Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=226929)

keg in kc 04-22-2010 01:13 PM

Yeah, this day is just dragging the **** on.

KCrockaholic 04-22-2010 01:16 PM

I really wish they didn't have to mess with the draft schedule. Waiting til 5:30 Mountain time is a drag.

Ralphy Boy 04-22-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6695188)
Oh and btw I was watching the ESPN draft crew last night and they said they expect all 4 QB's to be taken in the first round. yes that includes Tim Tebow. I don't know if they are full of shit or what.

U sure that wasn't Path to the Draft. Mayock said that last night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6696040)
I'm not sure about that, Petro is the guy who doesn't discuss Berry because he thinks you should never use a 1st round pick on a safety.

He basically tried to offset his OT claim with "Pioli just hasn't taken an OT high because NE wasn't in position to do so"

One of you should set him straight. Drew Bledsoe was sacked 45 times in 2000 and they drafted Seymour at 6 the following year. He was in a position when he had a need and he didn't draft an OT until #48 in Matt Light.

Sully 04-22-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 6695578)
99% of everyone on the board wants Berry or Okung.

But what about our second pick? What position do people think we will go after and who do you like?

I'm for a WR or OT if we pick Berry and would like to see either Golden Tate or Mardy Gilliard as our WR. As for as OT, it's hard to tell who is going to be left once we get to our second pick.

Doubt he'd fall that far, but I covet Jerry Hughes.

CaliforniaChief 04-22-2010 01:30 PM

La Canfora basically said on their Pre-Draft show that it's becoming more and more possible that the Redskins are going to take Eric Berry with the #4 and that teams are starting to adjust their own strategies as such.

I hope it's not true...but I'm anticipating doom.

And BTW, I hope the Rat enjoys watching Larry Johnson pick up the rush from the left side. And if they pick Berry, I hope McNabb gets snapped on the first play.

Mecca 04-22-2010 01:32 PM

They just can't do that, with no 2nd round pick, and the move for McNabb and the worst OL in the league, it would make no damn sense.

The Franchise 04-22-2010 01:32 PM

If that happens.....FML.

notorious 04-22-2010 01:33 PM

I love the old-school broadcasts from the 80's drafts. It sounds like they are hosting it in a bar and the commish is a stand up comedian. LMAO

KCrockaholic 04-22-2010 01:34 PM

So us beating Washington last year could really come back to bite us in the ass...

CosmicPal 04-22-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 6696136)
La Canfora basically said on their Pre-Draft show that it's becoming more and more possible that the Redskins are going to take Eric Berry with the #4 and that teams are starting to adjust their own strategies as such.

It's a bluff. The Skins only have 4 picks in this years draft and they need a LT to protect McNabb. I very much doubt they take Berry when they only have 4 picks and when they need a LT.

dirk digler 04-22-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

And BTW, I hope the Rat enjoys watching Larry Johnson pick up the rush from the left side. And if they pick Berry, I hope McNabb gets snapped on the first play.

****. I just can't believe that. They have zero tackles worth starting for them and no 2nd or 3rd round picks.

siberian khatru 04-22-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6696140)
They just can't do that, with no 2nd round pick, and the move for McNabb and the worst OL in the league, it would make no damn sense.

From LaCanfora's blog:

The Redskins still could end up taking a left tackle at No. 4, but they might look to the trade market for that. Dealing DT Albert Haynesworth for a second- or a third-round pick would allow them to get in the ballpark for a move at a restricted free agent tackle such Jammal Brown of the Saints.

The Franchise 04-22-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 6696149)
From LaCanfora's blog:

The Redskins still could end up taking a left tackle at No. 4, but they might look to the trade market for that. Dealing DT Albert Haynesworth for a second- or a third-round pick would allow them to get in the ballpark for a move at a restricted free agent tackle such Jammal Brown of the Saints.

They ****ing better hurry up if they're going to pull it off. I still don't understand why they wouldn't offer up a pick next year for Brown or Gaither.

CaliforniaChief 04-22-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 6696140)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6696141)
If that happens.....FML.

That's what I'm thinking too. It could be that Lombardi starts by reporting it and all of the sudden everyone's running with it.

And then some douche starts spreading it on message boards. :D

Maybe they're putting it out there because they think Cleveland is convinced that we are going OL and that Berry is theirs.

rad 04-22-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

I hate Shanahan.........It's part of the reason I can't watch "American Pickers" with the wife......dude on there looks just like him. Beady eyed, rat lookin' ****.