ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Things to do in Manhattan New York (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230131)

Frazod 07-01-2010 01:09 PM

You could add post-whoring to the list, but apparently you can do that from wherever Jenson is. LMAO

Otter 07-01-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 6853857)
Go to Coney Island and tell your lady that "This is where my dad used to juggle as a ballerina. He's been priming me as his successor for years now."

And before she can say something clever to break the awkward silence say "that's the same look my father gave me when I told him I wanted to be a ventriloquist" and walk away in feigned anger?

I'm going to give The Museum of Natural History a peak but it's packed because of the weekend I think we're off to a day of bar hopping and see the sights mentioned above.

This has been a very productive thread. Thanks for the input and I will let you guys know how it went.

Something tells me Jenson has some good NY stories he's never shared.

Frazod 07-01-2010 01:20 PM

I forgot about Coney Island - it's pretty cool. I understand they've cleaned it up considerably since I was last there.

All this talk about New York is sort of making want to go back for another visit. I haven't been there since '99.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-01-2010 02:04 PM

Manhattan is ****ing awesome. Period.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-01-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6853951)
I forgot about Coney Island - it's pretty cool. I understand they've cleaned it up considerably since I was last there.

All this talk about New York is sort of making want to go back for another visit. I haven't been there since '99.

No shit. I want to go in either October or May.

Frosty 07-01-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 6853491)
Actually, people watching is a helluva way to spend some time in NY. Find a sidewalk cafe in Greenwich Village. You're guaranteed to see some interesting folks.

I was in Manhattan for a couple of days last week and was actually disappointed with the people watching. Except for some people dressed in costumes while waiting in line for the new iPhone at the Apple store, pretty much everyone I saw was pretty normal.

But then I'm in downtown Seattle on Saturday and it's freakshow central. :eek:

2112 07-03-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 6853951)

The new Yankee stadium is pretty cool too :evil: my friend has bleacher season tickets for $5 a ticket..lol..obstructed view of left field warning track because of the mohegan sun restaurant in center field. $820 for 2 season tickets..lol..and in the new stadium you can access the whole ball park from the bleachers. there are no walls inside between the seats and the concession stands. so you can watch the game from anywhere. pretty cool. I'll post some pics when Im on my other puter.