ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Smashburger (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243925)

chiefsnorth 04-14-2011 11:30 AM

Smashburger is not bad. Basically what you'd get at a sit down restaurant in a quick service. Kind of pricey.

One thing I don't recommend is the olive oil fries, whatever they are called. Not so great. The burgers are good. It's like a quicker Red Robin (but without the expansive menu)

chiefsnorth 04-14-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7563722)
KC really needs In and Out, Whataburger and Jack in the Box. As far as Firehouse subs go, I gave it an honest 2 tries a couple of months ago and it's just not my thing. Honestly, I feel like Quizno's is better than that place. PlanetSub is till the very best, though.

Hey, Keg, you ever try the Philly Cheese Steak from PepperJax (135th and Metcalf, same plaza as Jimmy John's)? I'm addicted to those damn things.

Culver's is down there, you don't need any of those other joints!

TrickyNicky 04-14-2011 11:35 AM

I like the Olive Oil fries, I believe they are called Smashfries. As long as you get them fresh and don't take them home they are great.

I still would rather have a double at Freddy's, but Smashburger is decent enough.

Fish 04-14-2011 11:38 AM

Blanc Burgers and Bottles is a pretty decent burger. And their onion rings are the shiznit....

Pants 04-14-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsnorth (Post 7564167)
Culver's is down there, you don't need any of those other joints!

I actually went to Culver's on Sunday night for the first time ever. I'm not a huge fan of the pancaked burgers. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? That's why I like Five Guys, their shit is so thick and juicy.

keg in kc 04-14-2011 11:45 AM

I'm not much of a cheesesteak guy.

I haven't been to Quiznos for a long time. Used to like that place, too.

Sassy Squatch 04-14-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7564151)
you are an idiot if you think RR is anywhere close to a McDonald's burger.

It must be a regional deal then. Im way up in NY so it might be better in MO. My main gripes are that for taht much money, the burgers really should be bigger. Service up here is non-existent, and for some reason its damn near impossible to get even 1 refill on the fries. Maybe I should go when it isn't a busy period,I know that the IHOP up here is the worst breakfast place around here, and that is really saying something. IHOP off of I-70 in Independence was always good, but up here its like a ghost town.

BigMeatballDave 04-14-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 7564220)
It must be a regional deal then. Im way up in NY so it might be better in MO. My main gripes are that for taht much money, the burgers really should be bigger. Service up here is non-existent, and for some reason its damn near impossible to get even 1 refill on the fries. Maybe I should go when it isn't a busy period,I know that the IHOP up here is the worst breakfast place around here, and that is really saying something. IHOP off of I-70 in Independence was always good, but up here its like a ghost town.

I think that particular restaurant is just under poor management.

BigMeatballDave 04-14-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7564206)

4 yrs ago, Quiznos was the shit. They suck now.

Sassy Squatch 04-14-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7564227)
I think that particular restaurant is just under poor management.

Must be. I never went to Red Robin in MO because BackYardBurgers was so much closer to where I lived.

Pants 04-14-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7564206)

Dang, that's too bad. I would literally eat PepperJax every day if I didn't give a damn about my body/health.

BigMeatballDave 04-14-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7564194)
I actually went to Culver's on Sunday night for the first time ever. I'm not a huge fan of the pancaked burgers. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? That's why I like Five Guys, their shit is so thick and juicy.

I've never had Culvers, so I cant comment, but I've had 5 guys. Smashburger's patties are just as thick as 5 Guys.

Pants 04-14-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7564248)
I've never had Culvers, so I cant comment, but I've had 5 guys. Smashburger's patties are just as thick as 5 Guys.

I've been to the one on 119th and Glenwood (by Starbucks) twice and it just didn't do it for me, man. I don't know.

Blick 04-14-2011 12:02 PM

I really want the Resist Temptation from So Long.

BigMeatballDave 04-14-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7564261)
I've been to the one on 119th and Glenwood (by Starbucks) twice and it just didn't do it for me, man. I don't know.

I'd imagine there are going to be subtle differences in these places across the country.